GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if he will implicate anyone else involved so he can do a plea and get a lighter sentence?
Also wondering about MOTIVE. :thinking::thinking:

I felt the same gut reaction but cannot, for the life of me, figure how this could benefit them? What could they gain??
Perhaps there were issues regarding the care of the baby, and a potential custody issue?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I totally understand what you are saying. I wonder how long he has lived there?
I believe since June 2016.
I'm not sure, but I believe all the "break in" strange stuff began after he moved in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this! So, basically this family took him in and made him part of the family. Taking care of him, their daughter and their granddaughter. I know as a mom, I would probably do the same if he was having issues at his home. Now, I am curious what issues he had with his own family.

I'm interested to learn why he had issues with his own family. Could he have threatened them or behaved inappropriately so he was no longer welcome to live with them and moved in with the Pleskovic family? The violence he exhibited when he killed MP is alarming and I wonder if it started from a young age and then escalated.

I always thought it was a bit unusual during his calls to LE when he always called it my house. Not my fiance's house or my fiance's parent's house. I realize he was living there too but it just hit me wrong in the way he said it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

Maybe in his mind he was in the process of making it "his" house. Maybe Melinda's husband was to go next.

That just makes me so sick that he tormented her with those “fake incidents”, Premeditation.....I am glad they added those charges.

Agree. It shows a cunning, sadistic streak. It will be interesting to learn some background on JS -- did he torment animals, was he interested in fires etc. He certainly sounds like one sick puppy to have committed a hideous, premeditated murder at rather an early age.

Some excellent questions and goo sleuthing going on here !
Wonder if he did things in his youth .. like torturing animals ? Hurting other children ?
Seems like a 'whole lotta' overkill in Melinda's murder. :(
Panic , or rage ?
:moo:

"Surveillance cameras were examined and confirm that the family had spent time at Applebees prior to the slaying"

This timeline has me baffled.

RSBM

Agreed !

So, I thought just the husband and sil were eating out --at a different restaurant ??

If the whole family was out at Applebees; that makes me think more people were in on the murder --or at least more people know what happened !
Or, after Applebees --they split up ; and the sil killed Melinda-- then the daughter dropped her baby off.
But where was Kyle during this time ?

Per the link from carpeverum's post -- blood was also on the passenger side door. So, was the killer accompanied by anyone ?

With the latest updates on his involvement I’m beginning to suspect he maybe a sociopath (if I’m using the term correct). Perhaps he’s always wondered what it would be like to murder someone?
Or he was looking to get an out to the marriage and baby without killing himself or the mother of his child.
I’m spinning here...no clue what to think...I wonder if he thought that by stabbing and shooting her he would “trick” police into looking for two suspects instead of one?
Unbelievable...
Sorry for the ramble...I’m just getting a feeling he has a dark side, and possibly a dark past that will come out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he have an accomplice?

"In addition, police say Jeffrey Scullin's DNA was found on the knife handle and that more blood was found on a passenger side door. Police describe the knife as a 'large, tactical' weapon."

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/...in-to-strongsville-teachers-slaying/488592805

I caught that too! But it could also be from him by opening that door for whatever reason. I’ve seen reenactments that show how blood transfers by the suspect running into the car -like literally into it and stopping with their bloody hands out- maybe he was in a hurry and due to the gun shots he ran out??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he have an accomplice?

"In addition, police say Jeffrey Scullin's DNA was found on the knife handle and that more blood was found on a passenger side door. Police describe the knife as a 'large, tactical' weapon."

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/...in-to-strongsville-teachers-slaying/488592805

Can we be absolutely certain that Melinda was actually murdered in the home? Also: the knife has been accounted for, but now I'm wondering if the gun was also found and possibly not yet reported to media.

To me it sounds like "the plan" went awry at some point. Why in the world would JS have his truck, full of evidence, at the alleged crime scene...when he must have known LE and a full team of investigators and paramedics etc. would soon be called? In fact: I believe he phoned them first, before the call from Melinda's husband was received.

Sounds like a backfired plan.

The timeline is terribly confusing. When was the family at Appleby's? Was that for lunch or dinner? Must have been lunch bc husband said he tried to arrange dinner with Melinda but never heard back from her.

Is it normal for families to go out for lunch and then again for dinner?

Was everyone there (incl baby and Kyle)? If baby and Kyle were not there who was taking care of them?

I'm 100% confused!

Some excellent questions and goo sleuthing going on here !
Wonder if he did things in his youth .. like torturing animals ? Hurting other children ?
Seems like a 'whole lotta' overkill in Melinda's murder. :(
Panic , or rage ?
:moo:
Agree. The way he murdered MP was very personal and it would appear he was filled with a cold, simmering rage. Cold rage because he was sneaky enough to start setting up the narrative for "break ins", "lurkers", and car keys "stolen".

Can we be absolutely certain that Melinda was actually murdered in the home? Also: the knife has been accounted for, but now I'm wondering if the gun was also found and possibly not yet reported to media.

To me it sounds like "the plan" went awry at some point. Why in the world would JS have his truck, full of evidence, at the alleged crime scene...when he must have known LE and a full team of investigators and paramedics etc. would soon be called? In fact: I believe he phoned them first, before the call from Melinda's husband was received.

Sounds like a backfired plan.

Interesting. There are just so many questions here and I keep thinking he had an accomplice. Perhaps they found the gun but are conducting ballistic tests for the DA to make the case airtight? There is more to this story than we're being told at present by LE, I'm sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean
Back