Identified! OH - North Bend, 'Pearl Lady' 606UFOH, 55-75, Nov'06 - Barbara Precht

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For those who are adept at comparing images.

I can't get over how un-usually large the earlobes are on both our MP and our UID.

The quality of the available photos (especially of Mrs. Johnson) are not ideal... But the earlobes especially seem to be a match for me.

I'm still anxious to see what some of you think about it... so I'm going to go ahead and add the attachment.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Pearl profile 3.jpg
    Pearl profile 3.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 158
Hello everyone. Sorry to jump in on the middle of your sleuthing, but yes the surgical scars would still show after 10 yrs. They can fade, and if are thin lines can sometimes be overlooked, but surgical scars are a forever there thing. Also, if the breast surgery involved any implants, they have serial numbers on them so they can be traced back to see who they are registered to. This is just an FYI post, trying to be helpful. Good-luck on getting this poor soul her name back!!!!

I've joined an online group (facebook) that deals exclusively with Elaine Johnson's case. Maybe - through that group (which has members of her family), we can include her or exclude her as a possible match for Mr.s Pearl.

Thanks.

Elaine J. went missing a long time ago. Pearl has very distinct nostrils. I say you will know the match when you see it and not have to question.

Very sad case! I cannot believe no one reported her missing...surely a landlord or something!

Keep searching up river.

Elaine J. went missing a long time ago. Pearl has very distinct nostrils. I say you will know the match when you see it and not have to question.

Very sad case! I cannot believe no one reported her missing...surely a landlord or something!

Keep searching up river.

That's the thing, Ziggy.... I think it's a close match on the noses and the earlobes.

Maybe this image will help.

(see attached)

Their heads were not at the same angle... but I'd like to see what you think.

Attachments

• Pearl - Johnson.jpg
    Pearl - Johnson.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 127
Did anyone hear back about Patricia Mast? Was she ruled out?

Did anyone hear back about Patricia Mast? Was she ruled out?

After comparing images, she looks like a very good match. I can't remember why I started excluding her as a possible match.

I'm going to take a closer look at her data and I really need to start making notes so I don't loose track again.

Edit: I remember now - why I (personally) don't think Patricia Mast was a match. When I compare Pearl's and Patricia's images, (esp. their chins) It looks to me like Patricia was already much older than our UID (Pearl) was when her body was found.

If Mrs. Mast has lost as much weight as would have been necessary for this to be her, her skin around her neck and chin would have been even looser and the image of Patricia Mast was taken close to the time of her disappearance, she would have been even older in 2006. (by two years).

I wouldn't rule anyone out entirely before DNA has been test.... but those were my observations a while back and I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Pearl - Chins.jpg
    Pearl - Chins.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 114
For those who are adept at comparing images.

I can't get over how un-usually large the earlobes are on both our MP and our UID.

The quality of the available photos (especially of Mrs. Johnson) are not ideal... But the earlobes especially seem to be a match for me.

I'm still anxious to see what some of you think about it... so I'm going to go ahead and add the attachment.

Thanks again.

I'm replying to my own post here to let everyone know that I have been in contact with a family member of (MP) Elaine Johnson and she's a very lovely person who appreciates the help.

If our UID (Pearl) is not a match... Our search for clues in both cases will go on.

Thanks to all who help.

I'm replying to my own post here to let everyone know that I have been in contact with a family member of (MP) Elaine Johnson and she's a very lovely person who appreciates the help.

If our UID (Pearl) is not a match... Our search for clues in both cases will go on.

Thanks to all who help.

I may be trying too hard to help with some of these cases.

On closer examination, I'm not as confident as I was before - that Elaine Johnson could be a match to our UID.

I will continue to work on both cases as I can.... but I have to find a way to slow myself down and to use more restraint before submitting things.

It's embarrassing to admit that I've overlooked some of the more obvious clues that I missed.

If any of you more experienced sleuthers have some advice for slowing things down (for the sake of accuracy)... I'm all ears.

I remember news stories from a long time ago - that several cars were found in the Ohio river upstream from where "Pear Lady" was found.

More recently, there were the stories of the two cars with six bodies (lost for more than 10 years) that were pulled from a reservoir in Idaho.

This got me thinking about the possibility that Pearl Lady may have driven into the river as opposed to jumping or falling from a bridge.

Out of curiosity, I started using Satellite views to look at waterways, just on the chance that any vehicles can seen in the water.

Anyway, I did find a possible vehicle (something) in the waters edge just a quarter mile upstream from where PL was found and I'm considering reporting it - but I would like to know what everyone else thinks it could be first.

Here's the image:

Attachments

That's a good possibility. What I see wrong with it is: how did they car get down there? It looks like a wide row of trees and railroad tracks beside the waterway. Also, how did she get out of the car? She would have been able to have freed herself, then drowned.

Thanks for responding Venom...

There are several things more I guess I should have said.

For one thing, I'm not even sure that's a car - though I can't imagine what else it could be (not many red things are naturally found in a river).

As far as the object's location, the currents in the Ohio are very strong and cars don't immediately sink when they hit the water. They float for a little bit.

Upstream, there are several places where a car could either accidentally or purposefully end up in the river. There are several boat ramps and places (especially on the Kentucky side) where someone could just drive in.

As for getting out of the car? I think there are several ways possible. Though, if she drove in on purpose (suicide) it would be very unlikely that she would do that.

I'm very curious about whether any of 'Pearl's' injuries are consistent with an auto going into the water.

I remember news stories from a long time ago - that several cars were found in the Ohio river upstream from where "Pear Lady" was found.

More recently, there were the stories of the two cars with six bodies (lost for more than 10 years) that were pulled from a reservoir in Idaho.

This got me thinking about the possibility that Pearl Lady may have driven into the river as opposed to jumping or falling from a bridge.

Out of curiosity, I started using Satellite views to look at waterways, just on the chance that any vehicles can seen in the water.

Anyway, I did find a possible vehicle (something) in the waters edge just a quarter mile upstream from where PL was found and I'm considering reporting it - but I would like to know what everyone else thinks it could be first.

Here's the image:

That's really good thinking outside the box!!
I think you should report it.

I received this today:

NamUs Case # 4969 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4969

The following fields have been changed:
Image added

Image : Default image changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

Image : Caption changed from "" to "Actual morgue photo, digitally enhanced by forensic artist, Catyana Skory Falsetti."

Image : Related Topic changed from "Facial/case ID" to "Artist Rendering"

Image : Default image changed from "Checked" to "Unchecked"

New Image:

"Pearl Lady"

sherill-levitt-324x205.jpg
"Sherrill Levitt"

EDIT: Talk about your weird timing too. I was in the process of sending an email to the case managers for NAMUS MP #345 (Sherrill Levitt) because - even as I ruled Mrs. Levitt out several times for various reasons in my searches for a match to our UID, I noticed on closer examination that both women have the distinctive flared nostrils, short blonde hair and most significantly, their left ears look like a perfect match to me.

I'm using a different computer right now so I can't upload the side by side images until later.

I've already sent the info to Mrs. Levitt's case manager and I'll pass along any responses I get.

It's great to see this case is still being worked on!

I received this today:

New Image:

"Pearl Lady"

"Sherrill Levitt"

EDIT: Talk about your weird timing too. I was in the process of sending an email to the case managers for NAMUS MP #345 (Sherrill Levitt) because - even as I ruled Mrs. Levitt out several times for various reasons in my searches for a match to our UID, I noticed on closer examination that both women have the distinctive flared nostrils, short blonde hair and most significantly, their left ears look like a perfect match to me.

I'm using a different computer right now so I can't upload the side by side images until later.

I've already sent the info to Mrs. Levitt's case manager and I'll pass along any responses I get.

That's very exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed for Pearl Lady and Mrs. Levitt. It would be great if they're the same person! Thank you so much for posting this.

This is the most excited I have been about any potential match for Pearl! The new photo is amazing. Great job.

This is the most excited I have been about any potential match for Pearl! The new photo is amazing. Great job.

Thanks Angela.

Just one more post for me - then I have to make myself try to get some sleep.

I just wanted to say how disappointing it is that there is so much disparity between the images for this UID.

Who knows how much time and how many leads were lost by having less accurate drawings out and released to the media for all this time.

I received this today:

New Image:

"Pearl Lady"

"Sherrill Levitt"

Although I can see a resemblance in the noses, I have some questions about this PM. Ms. Levitt had been missing for 14 years when this UID was found, and the circumstances of her disappearance seem to point to foul play. If I'm not mistaken, she, her daughter, and the daughter's friend are the "Springfield Three"--a pretty well-known case. I have a hard time believing that she/they disappeared voluntarily and laid low for 14 years. JMO.

That said, it's great to see an updated sketch of Pearl Lady. Should open up a lot more options.

Although I can see a resemblance in the noses, I have some questions about this PM. Ms. Levitt had been missing for 14 years when this UID was found, and the circumstances of her disappearance seem to point to foul play. If I'm not mistaken, she, her daughter, and the daughter's friend are the "Springfield Three"--a pretty well-known case. I have a hard time believing that she/they disappeared voluntarily and laid low for 14 years. JMO.

That said, it's great to see an updated sketch of Pearl Lady. Should open up a lot more options.

Thanks for your response, FiveFelines.

I can't help but think of the Amanda Berry / Castro case.

These three could have been held against their will - just like Amanda Berry, Gina Dejesus & Ashley Summers was. We just don't know yet.

If I can find a better (clear) picture of Mrs. Levitt's left ear - it would really help because the images I've found so far - really look like a match.

I received a response from NAMUS already and they seem to think that CODIS and other applications would have caught this - if they were really a match.

I'm told that it has been requested - for someone to take a closer look... and I'll share anything else I receive along those lines.

If it's just another name to add to the exclusions list? At least we now have a more realistic image (thanks to that artist) and another 'rule out' that we can work with.

Thanks for trying to help me keep it in perspective!

They have added Mrs. Levitt's name to our UID's exclusions list.

I know we have to trust that it was based on a good consideration of all of the available data.

It seems to me that it was too soon (only a few hours) to rule her out as a match.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My search goes on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState