OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MSNBC reporting briefing at 1 PM, about 15 minutes from now.

Yes, such a sad lesson shaped by so many mass attacks. I remember being in middle school when columbine happened, and my father sitting me down and teaching me about tactical vantage points and how you should always locate these when entering a room and also identify what in the room could be used to defend yourself.

I'm playing catch up here, but could someone tell me if the pulling of the fire alarm been reported as true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gyes, cause of fire alarm /, gray car careens around corner,/ mows over some /yes they are now fleshing it out/ fire alarm they run out in street cause of fire alarm,/car mows them over and get out of car with machete /cops shoot him making everyone think active shooter

Two men handcuffed, removed have been cleared and released.

MSBBC reporting "officials" say it appears to be PLANNED ATTACK.

Yes, such a sad lesson shaped by so many mass attacks. I remember being in middle school when columbine happened, and my father sitting me down and teaching me about tactical vantage points and how you should always locate these when entering a room and also identify what in the room could be used to defend yourself.

I'm playing catch up here, but could someone tell me if the pulling of the fire alarm been reported as true?

They are sad lessons to learn.

I've learned to always know where an exit is and to carry water.

jmo

It makes sense that the butcher knife is correct - they shot him pretty early in the sequence, as opposed to shoot out since he did not have a gun.. Which would then make the professor slashed in the leg valid

Which then possibly, speculating here, was near the end of the term, a student having a vendetta with one professor , as it relates to grades and the suspects motive was only the professor

the mowing over might have only been cause he was escaping - after slashing his target. - he was not anticipating the alarm,, and did not expect the street to be full of people

which would explain why he had the butcher knife cause he intended to slash the professor , and not "do" any of what transpired as the sequence progressed.

speculation only

If my kids were there, I want my kids running and hiding not fighting. I want them alive darn it![emoji22]

All MOO!

They teach them now to run and hide but if the assailant has you cornered, you should fight. I think this comes from Virginia Tech where he walked in the classrooms and shot the people hiding one by one.

maybe its time to pass laws that no excessive live TV coverage should be used during these attacks, I wonder if the shooter/stabber knows this and craves this attention

Wow, outstanding police work. Responding and ending the threat within 2 minutes.

It was a butcher knife, not a machete.

LE believes there was only ONE suspect.

Watching OSU press conference now. No new information, they only mention 1 attacker with a machete, but also report that OSU police reported shots fired. Perp drove car into students, then attacked with machete.

Injuries to students were related to orthopedic issues from being hit by car and cut by machete/butcher knife. Now the guy from OSU is saying it was a butcher knife.

Believe it was only 1 suspect.

Earlier today there was a gas leak at a building, fire alarm pulled. Not sure if related.

Will be interesting to see if anything else is released about the incident and investigation.

ETA: IMO they're still not clear about the active shooter situation. Not sure whether or not someone had a gun. It's not exactly clear. Why would police say there was an active shooter situation after arriving, if the perp only had a knife?

Wagons are in a really tight circle. A lot of money associated with that university.

Chemical Engineering. Petroleum Engineering and Biochemical Engineering are a subset. Next door is Koffolt Labs, which contains industrial-scale size chemical processing equipment. Koffolt did not contain large amounts of hazardous material when I was there--we used less hazardous substances to run the equipment and processes.
I have a degree from OSU in Chemical Engineering and spent about 20 hours a day between those two buildings. This hits close to home for me. Glad to offer information.

ETA: This was to answer the inquiry about what departments are housed in the buildings involved.

Very sad times we live in. We look forward to our Children embracing their University experience. I am thankful my grown Children have their Degrees and out working. So very sad these experiences will have an effect on young folk finding their way and life experience. This is not what higher education should be. I cant even imagine!!!!

Chemical Engineering. Petroleum Engineering and Biochemical Engineering are a subset. Next door is Koffolt Labs, which contains industrial-scale size chemical processing equipment. Koffolt did not contain large amounts of hazardous material when I was there--we used less hazardous substances to run the equipment and processes.
I have a degree from OSU in Chemical Engineering and spent about 20 hours a day between those two buildings. This hits close to home for me. Glad to offer information.

Thanks for that info!

Sorry this happened to a familiar place to you.

In ongoing PC, local police saying they have to consider it might be a terrorist attack. Had an incident a few months ago involving an attacker with a knife.

Still, no one is answering the question of whether it was an active shooter. Everyone is hedging and changing the subject. Strange.

Won't say anything about the suspect, whether male, female, age, etc.

Columbus PD is investigating the incident.

Noted earlier in the PC, OSU officials were practically running to get to the news media cameras before local LE got there. It took local LE a few minutes to catch up and are only now being interviewed.

These people at the conference seem so amazing and competent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back