Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saw the Dissapeared episode of this. Hate to say it but there is no way this guy will ever be convicted with what they have (even if the blood did end up being hers).

You can definitely tell that Patti was not very good with men. I could easily see her making more of the relationship than there really was. The fact that there is no proof that he ever received any of the money she supposedly sent is very concerning. Was that just a cover story for something else? Was she planning her own disappearance?? We don't know.

Even if the blood did end up being hers in the back of the truck it would still be hard to convict him of killing her. It would have been entirely possible she could have gotten into the back of the truck without him knowing and her blood got there then. Unless they ever find her body sadly nothing is ever going to come of this I'm afraid.

The lining was only on the truck for that few days. I think if the blood shows to be Patti's, the DA should run with it. Convict him or not but at least make the attempt. Otherwise, nothing will ever be done. Maybe they can pressure him to give up the location of the remains in exchange for a lesser sentence if convicted of something.

It's such a sad case. There's definitely quite a bit of circumstantial evidence but in court it would tough to convict based upon it.

I don't know what to make of the whole blood testing issue, they have been saying for years we are almost at the point where it can be tested, yet it hasn't been tested.

It's such a sad case. There's definitely quite a bit of circumstantial evidence but in court it would tough to convict based upon it.

I don't know what to make of the whole blood testing issue, they have been saying for years we are almost at the point where it can be tested, yet it hasn't been tested.

They may be waiting until more evidence potentially comes to light because at this point the blood test would do little as they still wouldn't be able to prove that her bf had anything to do with the disappearance.

They may be waiting until more evidence potentially comes to light because at this point the blood test would do little as they still wouldn't be able to prove that her bf had anything to do with the disappearance.
Yeah that makes sense. A lot of DAs want tons of evidence before charges are filed. Sadly, it's a numbers game and they want convictions and aren't willingly to gamble if the odds aren't in there favor.

On one hand I understand the need to try and make sure there's enough evidence to put a person in jail and wait it out but also there's a chance that this could be all the evidence we'll see in this case.

Either way there's certainly a lot of things pointing toward the BF.

Just saw the Dissapeared episode of this. Hate to say it but there is no way this guy will ever be convicted with what they have (even if the blood did end up being hers).

You can definitely tell that Patti was not very good with men. I could easily see her making more of the relationship than there really was. The fact that there is no proof that he ever received any of the money she supposedly sent is very concerning. Was that just a cover story for something else? Was she planning her own disappearance?? We don't know.

Even if the blood did end up being hers in the back of the truck it would still be hard to convict him of killing her. It would have been entirely possible she could have gotten into the back of the truck without him knowing and her blood got there then. Unless they ever find her body sadly nothing is ever going to come of this I'm afraid.

I'd say Patti wasn't very good with THIS particular man (BF) but can also see she clearly must of trusted and believed whatever lies he told her ie. "I'm going to leave my wife" "I just need X amount of $$$ so I can get out of this thing with my wife and we can be together" blah blah blah. I do find it extremely naive not for her to of made some kind of documentation of the money she had loaned out. So many red flags coming up that Patti was wanting her money paid back ASAP at the time she had disappeared. I find it hard to believe the wife wasn't aware of some level of what was going on. The late night call with Patti's sister makes me extremely suspicious of Mrs F.

IMO the theory Patti was planning her own disappearance is virtually non existent. She adored her daughter and her family.

Also highly unlikely she just got into the back of his truck without him knowing. She had knowledge of the tonneau cover before BF had placed it on his car (not to mention that wasn't even his usual car he drove to work.)

I'm just so glad Patti told her sister a lot of crucial bits of information because without doing so all the evidence - no matter how circumstantial - we wouldn't have!

Following. This case has bugged me for a few years ever since I saw it on TV. The Topix forums are very interesting, to say the least, if you feel like venturing over. I will catch up on this thread now.

I'm hoping there is more evidence that LE has they are not revealing besides the blood on the cover. I believe they also found a cat hair in the truck bed or on the cover and it matched Patti's cat. Maybe a witness the boyfriend didn't know about that saw her get in the truck. Maybe surveillance videos on the way out of the parking lot that might provide something. The blood just may be the last piece to the puzzle to lead to an arrest.

I wonder if the BF and his wife are still married. If not, she may be have something to say now.

They're still together as of a couple years ago. She was posting in Topix some pretty cold-hearted things. Like her family had been through so much and everyone needs to leave her alone. No sympathy for Patti. Other family members were posting too. It's obvious they have family pride, no interest in learning the truth and bought whatever the POI sold them about Patti being a stalker.

Hi to anyone I haven't come across yet, im pretty new here. This case has just drove me mad since coming across it on ID. It is so frustrating to know exactly who this all comes back too and it just cannot be bought to an end. I too believe that Mrs F was fully involved in all of this they knew all along what they had their sights on. I find it heartbreaking thinking of Patti's poor daughter.

I just saw a show on this case on ID. I wonder how the bf is funding his lifestyle today? He clearly got used to spending way more than he made. Are we to believe he just went back to his regular paying job? That wife of his didn't notice that suddenly , after Patti stalked them, the good life ended and they were financially much more strapped? And I wonder if, since he's thus far gotten away with it, if he's got another sugar mama paying his way today.

I think he kept a secret stash of cash and has spent it piecemeal over the years to as not arouse suspicion. He might have spent it on business expenses. I don't recall if they said on the show if they audited his spending but it would be easy to hide as long as he didn't blow it on something extravagant.

Even if they say it was blood from a bug bite how are they going to explain WHY she was in the back of the truck ? (sometime in the week after she was last seen)

I would like to see some kind of civil suit against the man for the money he stole to go towards her daughter. Not the loans she took out but money she took out of savings. It's just not right that he is living off that money. It is too bad so much time has passed. Would be interesting to see if he had made any large purchases with cash over the years...

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that there was a LOT MORE blood on the tonneau cover, and he washed it all off with a hose. The tiny speck and cat hair could have gotten stuck in a crack and not washed off. I wonder if they did luminol testing on the cover? This would show washed off blood. It doesn't sound like they did.

I would like to see a civil suit as well. Money aside, this could be invaluable in regards to the amount of evidence that would be revealed in discovery. Whenever there is a lawsuit, both sides have a deposition where you have the right to question each other under oath and you MUST answer any questions. Patti's family lawyer could ask POI straight up if he killed her. POI would do what he has done all along and deny that he did anything to her. Once he is finally convicted, in the future, I believe that false answers in the deposition would tack on an extra charge of perjury to whatever he else he faces for killing her. Can someone with more legal experience confirm if this is accurate?

In any case, I don't think a lawsuit would come out in his favor, and Patti's family should try.

"I worked with Mr Flowers a lot, especially during the weeks and months before she went missing. I saw a lot of fighting between the two of them(physical and verbal) during work, on-line and out in the parking lot on breaks. Patti confessed a lot to me about him, and what was going on in their relationship, the good and bad.... I was assigned to help out in her work area almost daily and for many months prior to her disappearance."

You say that their documented fighting is evidence Patti is an angry stalker, but I see it a different way: the fighting was evidence of relationship disfunction/abuse which easily led to murder. It's very easy to see why Patti was angry. He owed her money and wouldn't leave his wife.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that there was a LOT MORE blood on the tonneau cover, and he washed it all off with a hose. The tiny speck and cat hair could have gotten stuck in a crack and not washed off. I wonder if they did luminol testing on the cover? This would show washed off blood. It doesn't sound like they did.

I would like to see a civil suit as well. Money aside, this could be invaluable in regards to the amount of evidence that would be revealed in discovery. Whenever there is a lawsuit, both sides have a deposition where you have the right to question each other under oath and you MUST answer any questions. Patti's family lawyer could ask POI straight up if he killed her. POI would do what he has done all along and deny that he did anything to her. Once he is finally convicted, in the future, I believe that false answers in the deposition would tack on an extra charge of perjury to whatever he else he faces for killing her. Can someone with more legal experience confirm if this is accurate?

In any case, I don't think a lawsuit would come out in his favor, and Patti's family should try.

You say that their documented fighting is evidence Patti is an angry stalker, but I see it a different way: the fighting was evidence of relationship disfunction/abuse which easily led to murder. It's very easy to see why Patti was angry. He owed her money and wouldn't leave his wife.

I agree, but some states have a time limit on law suits.

It's so odd that POI had an answer for everything. He plotted this out to a T better than any murder I've heard of. Except for one thing - waiting 45 minutes in line for fast food. Did he really think anyone would buy this? It's completely absurd, enough to where I wonder if there was some kind of miscommunication with police or with the people making the show. Maybe like he was at the restaurant eating for 45 minutes, including the time spent in line? If POI told everyone specifically that he actually waited in line that long, I just don't know what he could have been thinking by that. It's illogical. It could be the one area he slipped up the story on. Was there ever confirmed if the BK had surveillance?

It's so odd that POI had an answer for everything. He plotted this out to a T better than any murder I've heard of. Except for one thing - waiting 45 minutes in line for fast food. Did he really think anyone would buy this? It's completely absurd, enough to where I wonder if there was some kind of miscommunication with police or with the people making the show. Maybe like he was at the restaurant eating for 45 minutes, including the time spent in line? If POI told everyone specifically that he actually waited in line that long, I just don't know what he could have been thinking by that. It's illogical. It could be the one area he slipped up the story on. Was there ever confirmed if the BK had surveillance?

When you used the phrase "he plotted this out to a T" it made me remember the Hard Rock t-shirt Patti had given him that was found at his house :what: ...yet he claims he hardly knew her... but she was a stalker, yet he gladly kept a shirt given to him?!

It has never been revealed if there was surveillance footage from BK. If the police didn't use luminol to test the turneau then it's likely they didn't check for footage either. Although it could be possible that BK had erased the footage by the time Patti was reported missing. And you are completely right...waiting for 45 mins in a line at BK at 2am is completely implausible!

If you visit www.missingpersons.police.uk and search the unidentified cases there is a reconstruction photo of a lady that was found in 2010 in my opinion she looks like a double of Patti.."but she was found in Manchester uk. What's do you guys think?

I don't really see how she cculd have ended up in the UK. She clocked out at midnight and her bf got home around 3am. That leaves a maximum of about an hour from the Honda plant for where she was most likely murdered, because we also have to allow some time for the crime to be committed as well as him dropping off his friend.

There is always a chance that he moved her elsewhere after the fact but I can't imagine it would have been overseas.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back