Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is incredibly frustrating.

On one hand, I understand police want a solid case and don't want to blow their one chance to prosecute. But at the same time, the clock has been ticking for quite some time. We have the trace blood and cat hair; it seems pretty obvious what happened here.

Meanwhile BF and the family are living free, complaining of having their yard dug up, concocting stories of Patti being a crazy stalker. Riiiiight...I'm sure she just climbed in that truck bed for fun.

It might be unnerving for some to know at anytime the police might be knocking on your door, but that's not enough. Police need to act and do the right thing. Don't let people enjoy the prime of their lives and eventually muster enough evidence to lock them up when they are old and gray.

Will Pattie ever get justice.... allot of circumstantial evidence, what would it take for you to convict if sitting on a jury - the drop of blood being hers? Isn't it time to test it?
One question I have, was it ever verified that she did in fact buy something from Victoria's Secrets in blue?

I just saw a show on this case on ID. I wonder how the bf is funding his lifestyle today? He clearly got used to spending way more than he made. Are we to believe he just went back to his regular paying job? That wife of his didn't notice that suddenly , after Patti stalked them, the good life ended and they were financially much more strapped? And I wonder if, since he's thus far gotten away with it, if he's got another sugar mama paying his way today.

]It sounds far fetched but there is a possibility that his wife was in on the whole thing. Couples have worked together to do some pretty horrible things. Money can be an great motivator.
[/B]
I'm a little surprised that there was no surveillance footage at the Honda factory. Although it was quite some time ago and maybe not as common back then.

I have considered this whole thing from the angle that she was mentally ill and perhaps imagined her relationship (I have witnessed such a thing personally) but the other scenario seems so glaringly obvious.

I totally was wondering this when I watched the Disappeared episode just now. Patti's sister says " THEY" ( bf and his wife ) kept her on phone for 45 minutes at 3 a.m. asking her questions about Patti , after claiming they don't even know her outside of work. Why would the wife do that? Why would she be asking questions to Patti's sister , unless she already knew something was up?

IMO it's not because they cannot test and show it's her DNA, but since she was associated with the owner of the truck and cover; her DNA could have gotten there by any number of ways, even indirectly.... I would need more than that if I were on a jury.

IMO mention of waiting for future testing was done in hopes of putting pressure - even perhaps upon anyone being fearful of being hauled in and eventually charged as an accomplice. - all IMO.

How else would her blood get inside his truck when he has claimed to only know her from work? If it was a hair or a fiber off of her work clothes, then that might be a different story and could have gotten there from him accidentally from work. The cover was only put on his truck the day she disappeared and after that no one saw her again , so the remaining 6 days that the cover was on truck ( before he took it off after one week ) Patti is already MIA. So if no one else had seen her , why would he have seen her on the remaining 6 days? The only chance Patti had to leave dna or cat hairs on the truck are the last day she is seen, also the first day he put the cover on the truck.

I watched the episode this morning too.

The issue apparently is that the blood spot is so small, that testing it once destroys the whole sample.

I'd charge the guy now. It's a pretty good circumstantial case with the cat hair, the timing of the tonneau cover usage, witnesses saying Patti told them the plan was for her to hide under the cover, the birthday card (showing that the relationship was closer than your average coworkers).

Once the BF is charged and has an attorney, get the blood tested with a representative of the defense team observing the testing procedures. If it's too small to get conclusive results, prosecute on the circumstantial evidence.

I wonder if the BF and his wife are still married. If not, she may be have something to say now.

Or maybe the family should sue the guy in civil court. There the standard is only 51%. They might get some money for the daughter. I remember a case years and years ago (I think in Oregon), where the police couldn't make a strong enough case against the boyfriend or husband. The family sued and won - but the big payoff was that some new evidence came out during the civil trial to tie up some loose ends and that allowed the state to charge and prosecute the guy.

I agree. It's been 4 yrs since that Disappeared was made when they said they were waiting until new technology. In the meantime, he's probably got some other victim in his sights. I'm super suss of the wife to be honest. She may be incredibly naive and gullible and I hope that is all.

Very interesting find, OldSteve. Thank you for posting.

I find it very interesting the POI says that he stopped at Burger King on his way home on the night in question. I had no heard this information before. Surely there were CCTV cameras in either the BK restaurant/forecourt and/or drive-thru. I am hoping LE followed that up. Also, 45 minute wait after midnight? I don't even wait that long at Starbucks at 8:30am. If the POI finishes at 1200 and regularly arrives home at 0230 after a 30 mile commute, I'd say that's when he was spending time with Patti, IMO.

I was comparing what was written in the article
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.word...ia-ann-adkins/

to what I remember seeing on an ID show years back... I thought in the show they mentioned finding a shirt in the POI's home that was mentioned by (?) she had given to him.

There is so much circumstantial evidence in this case... add to that the denial of a relationship or just contact with her by the POI, which makes all the circumstantial evidence all the more compelling!

So what prevented this case from going to trail?

I don't think it was the waiting to test the drop of blood; more likely IMO, it's that there's no body, and no physical signs of a homicide.

The woman’s identity remains a mystery, as does how she came to rest 40 or 50 feet off the side of the rural road.
“This is not someplace somebody would be out for a walk and have a medical event,” Miller said. “It’s on a farm behind a border fence next to a state highway, and that’s why we’re trying to find out who it is, because once we know who it is, we can find out when they went missing, what the circumstances were and try to work into how she came to be where we found her.”

~~

A dental examination showed that the woman had all of her teeth, including four impacted wisdom teeth, Miller said. The crowding of the upper and lower teeth indicated she had not had any orthodontic work.

The woman was wearing a spaghetti-strapped top or short dress and a loose-knit, short-waisted, capped-sleeve overlay with a single button, according to a news release.

She also had a sequin-and-pearl underwire bra and matching panties sold by Victoria’s Secret. The cup size of the bra was 38 B.

Koubeck said investigators are working with Victoria’s Secret to determine when that style of underwear was manufactured.

Investigators also found a white-faced Peugeot watch with a leather band, a metal wrist bangle, artificial nails with white tips and white flower patterns and a shiny center stone, a metal belt buckle with a pink flower pattern in the center and a single stud earring.

Miller said the model of watch found with the remains has been manufactured for about 30 years.

Anyone with information on the woman’s identity is asked to call detectives at (440) 329-3742.

Pictures of the clothing/jewelry at link: http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2016/04/08/authorities-ask-for-help-identifying-body/

I was comparing what was written in the article
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.word...ia-ann-adkins/

to what I remember seeing on an ID show years back... I thought in the show they mentioned finding a shirt in the POI's home that was mentioned by (?) she had given to him.

There is so much circumstantial evidence in this case... add to that the denial of a relationship or just contact with her by the POI, which makes all the circumstantial evidence all the more compelling!

So what prevented this case from going to trail?

I don't think it was the waiting to test the drop of blood; more likely IMO, it's that there's no body, and no physical signs of a homicide.
If I remember correctly the shirt she gave him was from the hard Rock hotel. And one matching a similar description was found in the poi's home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The victoria secret mention definitely jumped out at me but at the same time this is a brand that a lot of women wear.

Hopefully we get more answers soon.

I was hoping the above was Patti, for the sake of closure, but I'm thinking it isn't based on what she was last seen wearing.
Clothing
Honda of America uniform, all white: white long sleeve shirt with two red outlined patches in the upper chest area, one with her name "Patti" and the other being "Honda of America" and white pants.
And steel toed tennis shoes.

I also wonder about the fingernails. Some workplaces have policies on nail polish/artificial nails. I wonder if her employer did or did not?

I thought that perhaps she had these clothing items in the duffel and changed into them after getting out of the truck bed. But the timeline just doesn't lend itself to that, assuming of course the BF did kill her, which I do assume.

This case has intrigued me for years and I hope one day she is located and justice is served.

This case makes me feel so sad and mad at the same time. All I can think of is the one sister who took custody of her daughter saying on the "Disappeared" episode, "Whenever we would get off the phone we would always say 'Kiss, kiss, I love my sis!'" It brings tears to my eyes just typing it.

Fifteen years later, Marysville woman’s disappearance still a mystery

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/29/fifteen-years-later-marysville-womans-disappearance-still-a-mystery/

A well-known and highly-publicized Central Ohio investigation is now 15 years old.

On June 29, 2001, investigators said Patricia “Patti” Adkins clocked out from her job at the Honda of America plant, in Marysville.

She was never heard from again.

“I don’t have hope that my sister’s alive,” said Pitts. “I knew when she didn’t return that she was not alive, but I have hope that justice will happen, that someone will be held accountable for her death.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back