VERDICT WATCH OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect - criminals lie to their attorneys all the time. I believe he is guilty but I like to play devil's advocate and think "what is the jury thinking". I see so many holes in the states case I mean like just not complete. Does the jury? I'm an over thinker too.
For me it seemed like this trial came to a screeching halt whatever the circumstances. Was there a reason? Was it a money issue? Was it a time issue?

I like to think about how all of this played out to the jury. Although possibly not knowing or being exposed to this case in the past 6 years, by being on this site and the one that should not be named, they certainly heard what local/national news reported. So now they're in the courtroom, on the jury, what have they seen or heard.

Using common sense and their life experiences, did they get the totality of that night and what happened to 8 innocent people in their homes. Can they give every benefit of doubt to this man but still feel it could not have happened any other way and that his actions were as big a part of this murder as his brother, mother and father?

In regard to George’s interview with BCI, if it wasn’t taped don’t you think the defense would have objected to AC’s questions referring to what was in it? They objected to everything else throughout the trial. At minimum, they should say that it wasn’t recorded during closing arguments to refute what AC said happened. If they don’t, I think that’s pretty convincing evidence that it does exist.

In regard to George’s interview with BCI, if it wasn’t taped don’t you think the defense would have objected to AC’s questions referring to what was in it? They objected to everything else throughout the trial. At minimum, they should say that it wasn’t recorded during closing arguments to refute what AC said happened. If they don’t, I think that’s pretty convincing evidence that it does exist.
Oh I totally agree it was Audio taped - no question about it.

So, I went back on the live stream, and from what I understand they still have to discuss Defendant’s Exhibit 52, the report from Mr Priest. The state has objections to basically anytime it refers to anything that JW said (in his profer, I think), specifically because that witness was not allowed to testify in that regard. There are some paragraphs that the state wants redacted or remove, they will show the Defense direct what they are talking about. There are also Defense exhibits 2 and 3, and also the shoes similar to those from Walmart, that have been presented as Wagner Exhibit 40, but there is already another Wagner Exhibit 40, so they need to assign a new number.

AC said it was her understanding that they were going to deal with the exhibits, do Rule 29 and stipulations, do Rule 29 motion and then break and start working on jury instructions.

Judge Deering also asked the State to go over the new motions filed by the defense.

That would be the plan for today and the following days.

I’ve thought about that & perhaps Jake is behaving this way is, at least partially, because of the meds he’s on now? Idk
Back when Jake testified, I thought I read a tweet or saw an article that listed the specific medications he testified to taking. I haven't been able to find anything specific so maybe this is what I saw. I'd say his medications definitely could have been part of it.

George Wagner IV’s attorney, John Patrick Parker, began his cross-examination of Jake Wagner by asking him about medications he was taking which included a multi-vitamin, an anti-depressant and a thyroid medication. Wagner said he is “self-diagnosed” as having Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD.

So, I went back on the live stream, and from what I understand they still have to discuss Defendant’s Exhibit 52, the report from Mr Priest. The state has objections to basically anytime it refers to anything that JW said (in his profer, I think), specifically because that witness was not allowed to testify in that regard. There are some paragraphs that the state wants redacted or remove, they will show the Defense direct what they are talking about. There are also Defense exhibits 2 and 3, and also the shoes similar to those from Walmart, that have been presented as Wagner Exhibit 40, but there is already another Wagner Exhibit 40, so they need to assign a new number.

AC said it was her understanding that they were going to deal with the exhibits, do Rule 29 and stipulations, do Rule 29 motion and then break and start working on jury instructions.

Judge Deering also asked the State to go over the new motions filed by the defense.

That would be the plan for today and the following days.
The state has objections to what Jake said?

In OH v. #GeorgeWagner the the death specifications will be dropped from the case before closing arguments and before the jury deliberates. There have been a lot of questions about whether Jake Wagner testified "to the satisfaction the state" and if so,

what happens with the death specifications in GW4's case. Jake has to testify against any family member that goes to trial. Billy Wagner is the only other Wagner charged with the Rhoden-Gilley murders who is going to trial.

So, this means that applies to each individual case. Since the death specs will be dropped, the jury will not have to be sequestered. That would have been required if the jury had to consider the death penalty during a potential penalty phase

Well considering the defense also read from the transcript of George's border interview and asked questions about it, I'd say that is also good evidence that it exists. Since it does exist (unless both sides are reading from an imaginary transcript of this interview), the defense could have played it when George was on the stand. They didn't want to play it then because at the border his version was similar to what Jake said on the stand. They had agreed to say they were watching a movie. The defense just wanted to make something out of nothing. All the questions about was it on video. It didn't have to be video recorded. They had audio recordings and that is what was required.

Nov 18
Well, dang.. I stand corrected again. Silas Wagner was not called to the stand this afternoon. Jurors have been told the case will resume on Monday 11/28. I'm sure they're pleased to be getting Thanksgiving week off. But I do wonder if some are like, 'Let's just wrap things up.'

https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

Aug 29​

If you are new to the #Rhoden family killings and need to catch up as the #ohwagner #georgewagnerIV case begins, here is an overview.​

In Ohio, prosecutors allege scheme by one family to kill another​

By Chris Graves
Updated August 13, 2022 at 7:28 p.m. EDT|Published July 30, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. EDT

washingtonpost.comIn Ohio, prosecutors allege scheme by one family to kill anotherAfter more than six years, Ohio prosecutors plan to unfurl diabolical scheme by four members of the Wagner family to kill eight members of the Rhoden family.

Edited: Link

Back when Jake testified, I thought I read a tweet or saw an article that listed the specific medications he testified to taking. I haven't been able to find anything specific so maybe this is what I saw. I'd say his medications definitely could have been part of it.

George Wagner IV’s attorney, John Patrick Parker, began his cross-examination of Jake Wagner by asking him about medications he was taking which included a multi-vitamin, an anti-depressant and a thyroid medication. Wagner said he is “self-diagnosed” as having Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD.
He left out b*tsh$t crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In RE: He also changed his story about his whereabouts the night of the murders. First, he says he went to bed (after he and his entire family watched a movie) at 12:30 am. He testified that he went to bed at 10:00 night of the murders.

That was what was suppose to have been stated at the MT Border interview that no audio or transcript was put before the jury. He did not say this on the stand.
So why didn't they play George's questioning at the border? Why wouldn't they want to proved what he had said about that night rather than his word against theirs. Doesn't make sense to me. Were there other things in the questioning they didn't want heard?

@Fox19_Mike
1h

PIKE COUNTY: 1/2 - Judge Randy Deering looks disgusted w attys and admonishes them for not being prepared to argue the few evidence exhibits remaining. George Wagner IV’s attys filing about a half dozen new motions today.
@fox19

@Fox19_Mike
1h
PIKE COUNTY: 2/2 - Deering threatens to bring them back every day this week, except Thanksgiving, to get this done.
@fox19

So why didn't they play George's questioning at the border? Why wouldn't they want to proved what he had said about that night rather than his word against theirs. Doesn't make sense to me. Were there other things in the questioning they didn't want heard?
The state couldn't play it prior to George taking the stand because George wasn't on the stand or taking the stand to be cross examined about it. The defense could have played it to show their claim that George was asked to be a spy for BCI. They didn't play it either. IANAL so I don't know exactly why, but I questioned earlier if the defense didn't bring something up on direct, then I didn't think the state could ask on cross. If there were things on that recording that the defense didn't ask about then was the state allowed to play the recording? I don't know if it's different if the defendant takes the stand, is anything allowed to be asked or does the state have to only ask about what the defense brought up on direct?

To get their plea deals. I think he approached Canepa, his first story was that George was not involved in any way, Canepa said I don't believe you, I know George was there, now give me the real story and I will take the DP off for all 4 of you and give your mommy 30 years. Think it over. Why did Canepa, having all that evidence, knowing that Angie was the driving force behind the murders gave her the 30 year deal. Jake made a choice. Mommy or George. He chose mommy.

Maybe you missed the conference call between Jake and Angie right after he pled guilty. They both called Chris N and he merged the calls so they could talk to each other. It was brought out in pre trial motions. That is when Angie lost all her privileges and soon after confessed.

JMO
I totally missed the merging of the phone calls. Do you have more info on this? What was said? Why would Chris be getting involved with that AFTER they pled guilty. I thought he was shocked and disgusted when they pled guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat