OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard them say he saw the killers coming but it's been a long time and I heard it on the news. I could be wrong.
I don't understand how anyone could know if he saw them coming. I believe that was deduced from the autopsy saying he was shot through a door. I've always thought that happened as he retreated to a room, at some point, to get away or to get a gun. My opinions only...

Hey Dudly. Yes... I acknowledge all of that but my problem was that LE mentions CR sr being killed first because of advanced state of decomp. I was trying to figure out how they came to that conclusion.

Found the discoveries btw.

I don't understand how anyone could know if he saw them coming. I believe that was deduced from the autopsy saying he was shot through a door. I've always thought that happened as he retreated to a room, at some point, to get away or to get a gun. My opinions only...
If W's knew CWSR would be alone, they may have wanted a moments face to face. Chris managed to get a gun and maybe even fired, then they shot thru door, busted thru and finished.
We don't know if the broken bones were from a bullet or contact?
Gary comes in and is shot. Not wanting to let bodies be seen, they drag Gary back to bedroom. Possibly lock front and go out window. Decomp starts immediately I have read so the time and injuries had Chris a good bit ahead of Gary.
Was there any blood of a W in there?
Do we know what weapons were there of the Rhodens?
Did a W get shot? They had plenty of time after to heal if only slight wound.
Very Big MOO

My theory is that LE knew CR saw them coming and was shot thru the door because he had wood shards in him. It wouldn't make sense if the first shot was to the head tho or he would be incapacitated and then to beat him up (even a little) if he was already dead.

Thanks CC for finding the bodies being moved in the indictments.

I am sticking with the front door as where Chris saw them coming. MOO. JMO.

I think it was just investigative notes taken at the crime scenes. The prelim autopsy reports were just 1 page reports written based on what was seen at the crime scenes, subject to revision after the final autopsy reports and further forensic analysis of evidence, etc.

I thought the same, that he may have been getting away, barricading the door to get out. Why else would he have bits of the door embedded in his head from the gunshot. He may have been trying to climb out a window or something.

I'm often wrong about these things. I have a feeling when we finally hear what happened it will be different ( maybe worse) than we imagine.

Looks like it was a gas station robbery. Sad, two people shot, one killed. I believe the deceased was a delivery driver, the other wounded person was the store clerk. Such dangerous jobs these days. There was a hunt for the suspect, who is now dead.

Victim, suspect dead in deadly gas station shooting, cross-county chase

O/T I sign up for these notices from the Ohio SOS just in case something happens in Pike County Case. That notice came thru email today and I don't remember reading anything other than a fugitive had ran and then committed suicide.

O/T I sign up for these notices from the Ohio SOS just in case something happens in Pike County Case. That notice came thru email today and I don't remember reading anything other than a fugitive had ran and then committed suicide.

Good idea! You never know what might happen out there, especially while the trials are getting underway and so many dangerous folks are locked up in the general area.

If W's knew CWSR would be alone, they may have wanted a moments face to face. Chris managed to get a gun and maybe even fired, then they shot thru door, busted thru and finished.
We don't know if the broken bones were from a bullet or contact?
Gary comes in and is shot. Not wanting to let bodies be seen, they drag Gary back to bedroom. Possibly lock front and go out window. Decomp starts immediately I have read so the time and injuries had Chris a good bit ahead of Gary.
Was there any blood of a W in there?
Do we know what weapons were there of the Rhodens?
Did a W get shot? They had plenty of time after to heal if only slight wound.
Very Big MOO

The autopsy report does say that CRSR's defensive wound was due to gunshot.

Was Brandon Carter the fugitive? I didn't see that part... TIA

The autopsy report does say that CRSR's defensive wound was due to gunshot.

Was Brandon Carter the fugitive? I didn't see that part... TIA

Yes. Brandon Carter. The name Carter could be something to watch and see what more happens with this investigation. Could he have been a relation? So many Brandon’s and so many Carter’s.

(WKRC) - Three people are dead in a crime spree throughout Adams and Pike Counties. Sheriff Kimmy Rogers said the gunman, 44-year-old Brandon Carter, is among the dead.
Sheriff Rogers did say there are three crime scenes in Adams County and one in Pike County.
At just past 7 a.m., Carter allegedly robbed the 1st Stop in Seaman and got away with $317.
At the Marathon gas station across SR 32, Carter allegedly shot a clerk and a delivery truck driver. The driver was killed, according to Sheriff Rogers. A medical helicopter took the clerk to the hospital.
Pike County deputies and other law enforcement officers say they caught up with Carter on SR 32 and Germany Road, east of Piketon. Stop sticks were used and Carter's pickup truck went off the road.
Ohio Attorney General said that Carter killed himself.
Local 12 has learned that a house fire on SR 770 is connected to the shootings, robberies and police chase. The Ohio Attorney General's Office said the home was the suspect's and that someone was found dead in that home. The sheriff said that, due to the condition of the body, the cause of death is currently unknown.
Investigators have not released the names of the victims.

Yes. Brandon Carter. The name Carter could be something to watch and see what more happens with this investigation. Could he have been a relation? So many Brandon’s and so many Carter’s.

(WKRC) - Three people are dead in a crime spree throughout Adams and Pike Counties. Sheriff Kimmy Rogers said the gunman, 44-year-old Brandon Carter, is among the dead.
Sheriff Rogers did say there are three crime scenes in Adams County and one in Pike County.
At just past 7 a.m., Carter allegedly robbed the 1st Stop in Seaman and got away with $317.
At the Marathon gas station across SR 32, Carter allegedly shot a clerk and a delivery truck driver. The driver was killed, according to Sheriff Rogers. A medical helicopter took the clerk to the hospital.
Pike County deputies and other law enforcement officers say they caught up with Carter on SR 32 and Germany Road, east of Piketon. Stop sticks were used and Carter's pickup truck went off the road.
Local 12 has learned that a house fire on SR 770 is connected to the shootings, robberies and police chase. The Ohio Attorney General's Office said the home was the suspect's and that someone was found dead in that home. The sheriff said that, due to the condition of the body, the cause of death is currently unknown.

Already on it!!

OMG all that carnage for $317!

No relation to AW, wrong branch of the Carter tree. Also, remains were found at BC's home that was set on fire before he started his crime spree (out on #770 (his mom KC did live there) but not sure whose remains were discovered so I won't speculate. There were 4 crime scenes. Busy day, so I am calling it a night.

Maybe another thread should be started to discuss this???????o_O

Hey Dudly. Yes... I acknowledge all of that but my problem was that LE mentions CR sr being killed first because of advanced state of decomp. I was trying to figure out how they came to that conclusion.

Found the discoveries btw.

I believe the compromise between the court and the journalists was to allow journalists into a room with the autopsy reports. The hitch was they could not take pictures or copies of the AR's. They were only allowed to read them. They wouldn't even let the journalists bring in a pencil and paper to take notes. I'm sure there was also a time limit.

Is it possible that it was the journalist's impression (and not LE's) that "CRsr was killed first due to the advance state of decomposition"?

JMO

Yikes! That was one crazy crime spree. How terrible that so many innocent people lost their lives. I'm guessing this guy had a criminal past and didn't want to go back to prison.

I believe the compromise between the court and the journalists was to allow journalists into a room with the autopsy reports. The hitch was they could not take pictures or copies of the AR's. They were only allowed to read them. They wouldn't even let the journalists bring in a pencil and paper to take notes. I'm sure there was also a time limit.

Is it possible that it was the journalist's impression (and not LE's) that "CRsr was killed first due to the advance state of decomposition"?

JMO

Since all the news stories reported that detail about CR1, safe to assume the coroner made that specific notation about more advanced state of decomposition. Reporters wouldn't have enough details in those reports to reach that conclusion on their own. From that note, it's logical to assume he may have been killed first.

We'll find out.

ETA: I don't think official TOD was included in the preliminary AR. That info is in the final AR, which is probably one of the reasons the state wanted to keep that info quiet until the trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68