OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea! You never know what might happen out there, especially while the trials are getting underway and s
I posted a map which may get you started - it only has locations of the crime scenes, relative to where FWF and the 845 Bethel place are. The church and nursing home is directly north of FWF. KR's residence would be only a few minutes via the cutout but longer by road.

KR's?

The reason I posted was to try to figure out how it went down. Especially if Crsr was first and I’m trying to understand if Frankie’s property was within walking distance with the defensive struggle then why was nothing heard. Also check comments made from evidence about who did what who pulled the trigger and who was with suds etccc. Did they split up? Who took the cameras down? We all need a map of all locations to try to figure out the how and when. God bless the Rhodens and HHG

It's been mentioned several times on here that the prosecution has an overwhelming amount of work to do with 5 high profile trials, and that it would be good to get more prosecutors on board.

Well Junk is doing that. Junk filed a Motion to appoint a special prosecutor for Rita Newcomb's Trial and now the court dockets are showing that this same special prosecutor is going to be brought in for all 4 trials of the Wagners as well. The Motion has been filed for all 4:

09/27/2019 MOTION TO APPOINT ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

So we have Junk, Canepa, and Pierson, 3 prosecutors for 5 trials. Also notice how BCI Special Agent Scheiderer is almost always sitting at the prosecution table -- which is good -- (2 Cents)
-- because now we have 3 tainted individuals (not Scheiderer) who have been involved with the investigation of the Rhoden/Gilley Case.

BCI investigator in Rhoden homicides placed on leave, embattled sheriff appears in court - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Posted Sep 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM
Updated Sep 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

The reason I'm posting
more of this article than normal is because there is a Pay-Wall with this article....

The man who identified himself as lead investigator for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation in the Rhoden family homicides in Pike County has been placed on administrative leave due to allegations of misconduct on an unrelated matter, raising to three the number of investigators or officials tied to the case who have become mired in controversy.

Michael D. Trout, 47, was placed on paid administrative leave on June 4, according to a letter in his personnel file that does mention the possibility of “serious violations” of the attorney’s general’s office’s policies and procedures and of BCI directives.

Trout identified himself in sworn and notarized documents filed with the Ohio Supreme Court as the lead investigative agent in the Rhoden homicides case in Pike County.

Coupled with the criminal indictment of the Pike County Sheriff and the firing of a prosecutor’s investigator, a leading defense attorney said the state’s largest criminal case could be in jeopardy.

In January, Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk fired Brian Reader — the brother of the suspended sheriff — who had sat with the prosecution team during at least a couple Wagner court hearings.
1.gif

“It is predictable that the state of Ohio says that these 3 controversies won’t impact their cases but that’s absolutely ridiculous,” said Columbus defense attorney Kort W. Gatterdam, who is not representing anyone in the Wagner case. “Now, basically, a juror can’t rely on anything the prosecutors say. It calls everything into question and the defense attorneys will have a field day.”

Gatterdam said accusations against Reader and Trout should, at a minimum, call the possibility of a death sentence into question.
:cool:.......:cool:

Last edited:
Is it just me or does life without parole just sound too easy? You can most like get drugs in prison so you could just live in prison and do drugs and hangout till u die

I wonder why after all that planning... and how successful they were at their objectives that they threw evidence away (in well) on property they had owned? What if they had buried that stuff somewhere and it wasn't found? Was there enough to arrest without evidence of silencers being made/materials bought?
I would really like to know what type of weapons were used too.
The amount of planning was/is staggering.

As with everything, You can over-think the problem and over-plan the solution.
They couldn't have been too clever because the silencer was apparently found.
They reportedly conspired to exact revenge on certain LE officials in the presence of someone who talked. The faked documents and on and on. Except for Fred, None of the accused seems capable of anything like careful planning.

Just one little hick-up in carrying out the plan... there could have been a shootout of unreal proportions. Say someone sees them creeping around with mask, pistols, etc

It's been mentioned several times on here that the prosecution has an overwhelming amount of work to do with 5 high profile trials, and that it would be good to get more prosecutors on board.

Well Junk is doing that. Junk filed a Motion to appoint a special prosecutor for Rita Newcomb's Trial and now the court dockets are showing that this same special prosecutor is going to be brought in for all 4 trials of the Wagners as well. The Motion has been filed for all 4:

09/27/2019 MOTION TO APPOINT ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

So we have Junk, Canepa, and Pierson, 3 prosecutors for 5 trials. Also notice how BCI Special Agent Scheiderer is almost always sitting at the prosecution table -- which is good -- (2 Cents)
-- because now we have 3 tainted individuals (not Scheiderer) who have been involved with the investigation of the Rhoden/Gilley Case.

BCI investigator in Rhoden homicides placed on leave, embattled sheriff appears in court - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Posted Sep 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM
Updated Sep 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM

The reason I'm posting
more of this article than normal is because there is a Pay-Wall with this article....

The man who identified himself as lead investigator for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation in the Rhoden family homicides in Pike County has been placed on administrative leave due to allegations of misconduct on an unrelated matter, raising to three the number of investigators or officials tied to the case who have become mired in controversy.

Michael D. Trout, 47, was placed on paid administrative leave on June 4, according to a letter in his personnel file that does mention the possibility of “serious violations” of the attorney’s general’s office’s policies and procedures and of BCI directives.

Trout identified himself in sworn and notarized documents filed with the Ohio Supreme Court as the lead investigative agent in the Rhoden homicides case in Pike County.

Coupled with the criminal indictment of the Pike County Sheriff and the firing of a prosecutor’s investigator, a leading defense attorney said the state’s largest criminal case could be in jeopardy.

In January, Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk fired Brian Reader — the brother of the suspended sheriff — who had sat with the prosecution team during at least a couple Wagner court hearings.
1.gif

“It is predictable that the state of Ohio says that these 3 controversies won’t impact their cases but that’s absolutely ridiculous,” said Columbus defense attorney Kort W. Gatterdam, who is not representing anyone in the Wagner case. “Now, basically, a juror can’t rely on anything the prosecutors say. It calls everything into question and the defense attorneys will have a field day.”

Gatterdam said accusations against Reader and Trout should, at a minimum, call the possibility of a death sentence into question.
:cool:.......:cool:

Moo, unless the judge tosses all wire tapped evidence, I don't think they have a leg to stand on.

So insane thinking about a family that instead of watching tv together decided to have family meetings about slaughtering an entire family tree.

It is beyond comprehension. My family dynamic is the same I have two sons, a grandson and a granddaughter. We have discussed the case and we all cannot wrap our mind around an entire family plotting and carrying out a cold blooded murder of an entire family. We even have compared it the granddaughter's other family and said how we cannot image looking her the eye knowing we plan to kill people she loves. My oldest son bought up even if someone said out of anger they need to die, how could the whole family commit to it? Can you image saying for example: "Mom you go to Walmart and buy new boots" "Jake you plant and monitor surveillance" "Oh and lets get the grandmothers involved", and NO ONE said "wait! this is crazy, we can't do this". I simple do not understand.

Good that they're getting a special prosecutor.

Not sure why we need to keep advertising the fact that Reader and a previous BCI agent are on suspension.

Personally, I think the people who killed the Rhoden family should be convicted and sent to prison for a very long time. JMO.

I wonder why after all that planning... and how successful they were at their objectives that they threw evidence away (in well) on property they had owned? What if they had buried that stuff somewhere and it wasn't found? Was there enough to arrest without evidence of silencers being made/materials bought?
I would really like to know what type of weapons were used too.
The amount of planning was/is staggering.

They did a lot of advance planning, but still made a lot of mistakes. Some of them were just dumb mistakes, some hubris. JMO, they really thought they were above the law and that their family had enough influence in the county that no one would ever suspect or challenge them.

They're not as bright as they think they are, but the whole family has a ridiculous sense of entitlement. Big inbred fish in a little pond.

JMO

Moo, unless the judge tosses all wire tapped evidence, I don't think they have a leg to stand on.

Yes, I also think it's wire tap evidence that is the "confidential reliable source."
I do not think some person was walking around in Fred's house listening in to the Wagner's conversations.

I think the wire taps were put in Fred's house during the search of her property. They had probable cause affidavits for the searches and so it makes sense they would have probable cause affidavits to put in wire taps. Something big happened in the spring of 2017 to cause the Wagner's to become the prime suspects.

If the wire taps were put in legally they can and will be used in court if anything the Wagner's said is relative to the case against them -- in other words -- if they unwittingly incriminated themselves. Think John Gotti.

OPINION

Yes, I also think it's wire tap evidence that is the "confidential reliable source."
I do not think some person was walking around in Fred's house listening in to the Wagner's conversations.

I think the wire taps were put in Fred's house during the search of her property. They had probable cause affidavits for the searches and so it makes sense they would have probable cause affidavits to put in wire taps. Something big happened in the spring of 2017 to cause the Wagner's to become the prime suspects.

If the wire taps were put in legally they can and will be used in court if anything the Wagner's said is relative to the case against them -- in other words -- if they unwittingly incriminated themselves. Think John Gotti.

OPINION

CC, what has you doubting the "confidential reliable re- or -source" so soon? Just saying...IMO

And I can think of absolutely no comparison in this case of four who gunned down eight. JMO

CC, what has you doubting the "confidential reliable re- or -source" so soon? Just saying...IMO

And I can think of absolutely no comparison in this case of four who gunned down eight. JMO

I think they have both actually. Wiretap evidence and witness testimony. Do I think they are going to call up witnesses to testify about conversations they over heard or were a part of? Yes. Do I think they are calling up witnesses who can testify to things they observed about the Wagners? Yes.

But the revenge and escape plans I think were over heard on a planted secret wiretap hidden in Fred's house. Probably right in her kitchen where she gave her Plain Dealer interview and in her living room where SWAT told Robin to drop her phone and drink.

They over loaded her house with officers, perfect for distracting the family when your intention is to plant bugs. 100 officers with guns drawn dressed in SWAT gear and wearing masks and busting up property injuring horses. Really? To search a 76 year old lady's house and barns? They were doing more than just searching. Distracting them is more like it. All opinion only.

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

"Wagner said she heard a helicopter roar overhead. She said officers dressed in SWAT uniforms and ski masks burst through the front door of her home and slammed through the gates of her farm, freeing and injuring some of her horses.

ff6_fredericka013.jpeg

Robin Wagner says this is one of the gates state agents broke when they searched the Flying W in May 2017. Officers were looking for evidence in the Rhoden family slayings. (Lynn Ischay/The Plain Dealer)

She estimated 40 vehicles drove the steep slope onto her property and about 100 officers rifled her home and out-buildings.

As officers searched her home, Wagner’s daughter, Robin, 54, was on a cellphone in the family’s living room. An officer with his gun drawn yelled for Robin to drop the phone and the bottle of water she had in her other hand, Wagner said.

Robin didn’t move.

“I yelled, ‘Robin, drop it!” Wagner said, recalling the situation and grabbing the sides of her head with her hands and closing her eyes. “That was a horrible, horrible day.”

60e_09fredericka004.jpeg

Fredericka Wagner reacts as she said she did when state agents raided her home and farm, pointed a gun at her daughter Robin and ordered her to drop the cellphone and bottle of water she was holding. (Lynn Ischay/The Plain Dealer)

At one point, she said, her husband needed to use the bathroom. An officer followed them in.
Wagner blanched.

“Can he have some dignity?” she recalled asking the officers. "

Last edited:
These l o n n n g dry spells of no action or information in the cases are excessively frustrating. I can hardly wait for RN to be in front of a Jury. JMO

I'm finishing up some summer projects before the weather turns cold. Keeps me busy!

Some of us also follow other cases here at WS. This week a lot of WS members are waiting for the jury to return a verdict in the Amber Guyger case, the Dallas police officer who accidentally went into a black man (Botham Jean's) apartment and shot him dead. Oops, wrong apartment.

For anyone following the case of the two teenage boys in Canada who went on a murder spree up there several weeks ago, killing a young couple on vacation Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, as well as a college professor Leonard Dyck, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police just issued a summary of their investigation last Friday.

Another place to visit if you want to pore over clues and do research are Cold Cases and Missing sub forums. Just a few suggestions!

It is beyond comprehension. My family dynamic is the same I have two sons, a grandson and a granddaughter. We have discussed the case and we all cannot wrap our mind around an entire family plotting and carrying out a cold blooded murder of an entire family. We even have compared it the granddaughter's other family and said how we cannot image looking her the eye knowing we plan to kill people she loves. My oldest son bought up even if someone said out of anger they need to die, how could the whole family commit to it? Can you image saying for example: "Mom you go to Walmart and buy new boots" "Jake you plant and monitor surveillance" "Oh and lets get the grandmothers involved", and NO ONE said "wait! this is crazy, we can't do this". I simple do not understand.

I don't either, and I'm pretty familiar with Appalachian culture. It's beyond my ability to comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord