OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, very odd. Instead of saying "they" she includes herself with "we." Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but something seems off. Can't put my finger on it.

Correction for my comment, but she said "us", similar to using "we". Sorry for the distraction, my brain was elsewhere.
It's those little things people say that add up. FW may refer to her family in the collective sense as a habit, since they are a very "enmeshed" family. She's usually careful when doing PR, she chooses her words in advance, IMO. But she can let things slip when she's trying to appear spontaneous or when trying to project some feelings about the topic she's discussing. One can get too focused on facial expressions, tone of voice and inflection and not notice that you're slipping off script.

There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask about her and what LE and prosecutors believe.

Correction for my comment, but she said "us", similar to using "we". Sorry for the distraction, my brain was elsewhere.
It's those little things people say that add up. FW may refer to her family in the collective sense as a habit, since they are a very "enmeshed" family. She's usually careful when doing PR, she chooses her words in advance, IMO. But she can let things slip when she's trying to appear spontaneous or when trying to project some feelings about the topic she's discussing. One can get too focused on facial expressions, tone of voice and inflection and not notice that you're slipping off script.

There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask about her and what LE and prosecutors believe.

Thanks, I changed we to us.

She also slipped up when she said she saw Hanna and Jake as being married.
I consider that a big deal. It means all the Wagners considered them "married."

Why is this important? Because it goes towards the motive. Angie also said something that goes towards motive:
"Hanna was like a daughter to us."

In Wagners' eyes, Hanna belonged to them, she was part of the "cult like" family, a "daughter" and committed as Jake's "wife." This is a possessive (we own you) enmeshed family-- as we have well established.

What happens when you join and live with a cult? (Hanna lived with them). They consider you "their's."
What happens when you leave the cult? They try to get you back.
What often happens when they can't get you back? They take revenge against you and against anyone who helps you..(My point of view on one of the motives.)

Jake Wagner QUOTE: "He (Jake) said he thought Hanna leaving was “just a phase.”

He/they could not would not accept it. I can "hear" Angie telling Jake that it's just a phase she's going through. Telling him to wait. But Hanna having CG's baby made her leaving him permanent. They finally accepted she was gone for good. Now what to do?

Last edited:

Why is this important? Because it goes towards the motive. Angie also said something that goes towards motive:

In Wagners' eyes, Hanna belonged to them, she was part of the "cult like" family, a "daughter" and committed as Jake's "wife." This is a possessive (we own you) enmeshed family-- as we have well established.

What happens when you join and live with a cult? (Hanna lived with them). They consider you "their's."
What often happens when they can't get you back? They take revenge against you and against anyone who helps you..(My point of view on one of the motives.)

He/they could not would not accept it. I can "hear" Angie telling Jake that it's just a phase she's going through. Telling him to wait. But Hanna having CG's baby made her leaving him permanent. They finally accepted she was gone for good. Now what to do?

Yes, and all of this is what DeWine was trying to say in the PC and interviews after the arrests - that this was all about pathological family control. He couldn't give too many details, but he dropped enough hints about how unusual and crazy this family was in their obsession over child custody.

DeWine was careful not to give too many details about investigators' suspected motive. However, he talked about the Wagners' "obsession" with custody of now 4-year-old Sophia, whose parents are suspect Jake Wagner and victim Hanna Rhoden.

“It’s just a bizarre story. When this case goes to trial, people are just going to shake their heads," DeWine said.

BBM

DeWine on coming Pike County trials: 'People are just going to shake their heads.'

Also another good quote from DeWine that day

“Every time there was a major decision to be made, (Reader) made the right decision,” Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told The Enquirer on Thursday. “The main decision was not trying to handle this all by himself. He made that decision very quickly.”

Reader's quick decision meant the state's crime scene experts were among the first in the door.

"That allowed us to have people working the crime scene that that’s all they do every day,” DeWine said. "It’s virtually unheard of that you’d be working four crime scenes at the same time.”

I checked and Fred makes no reference what-so-ever of Angela specifically. She did say something strange that makes it sound like she is their alibi. BCI obviously doesn't believe her. She said quote:

"
I checked and Fred makes no reference what-so-ever of Angela specifically. She did say something strange that makes it sound like she is their alibi. BCI obviously doesn't believe her. She said quote:

" None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

How would Fred know where the Wagner 4 were? In just my opinion it sounds like she is their only alibi.

How would Fred know where the Wagner 4 were? In just my opinion it sounds like she is their only alibi.

Which of the four is the one "None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

Good points! In spite of her young age, HMR did learn to stand up to JW and the Wagners enough to assert her independence. If JW was violent with her, she seemed like the kind of young woman who would have left that situation. She was a strong young woman who had the support of her parents. It's a shame that those who tried to bully her and take away her child had to resort to such tragic, horrific and senseless acts of violence and murder.

I think Hanna got her guts and stamina through her mom and Dad. Wagners could not stand anyone standing up to them! COWARDS!

Thank you CC for listening to that again and reporting!

BBM
I don't recall FW's exact wording on her comment about this, but, I thought she was being sarcastic about considering them being married.... My opinion only, I could be wrong...

Yes, and all of this is what DeWine was trying to say in the PC and interviews after the arrests - that this was all about pathological family control. He couldn't give too many details, but he dropped enough hints about how unusual and crazy this family was in their obsession over child custody.

BBM

DeWine on coming Pike County trials: 'People are just going to shake their heads.'

Also another good quote from DeWine that day
“Every time there was a major decision to be made, (Reader) made the right decision,” Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told The Enquirer on Thursday. “The main decision was not trying to handle this all by himself. He made that decision very quickly.”

Reader's quick decision meant the state's crime scene experts were among the first in the door.

"That allowed us to have people working the crime scene that that’s all they do every day,” DeWine said. "It’s virtually unheard of that you’d be working four crime scenes at the same time.”

BBM
This may be good for the prosecution to use to counter the Defense if they try to nullify Reader's actions that day and after....

Thank you Cool Cats/

You just can't believe that woman with her shaking of head while checking to see if anyone or if the camera captured her reaction. Liar liar...

Which of the four is the one "None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

Not because she's a woman and isn't equally capable, she's capable all right, but one guess is that maybe it was Angela who was home with the kids and maybe even talked to Fred that night, although not at 2:00am. A babysitter would tell LE the Wagners were gone all night.

BBM
I don't recall FW's exact wording on her comment about this, but, I thought she was being sarcastic about considering them being married.... My opinion only, I could be wrong...

She was very serious. No doubt. QUOTE:

"... If your son was the best friends...with something like this happened to that family and your grandson was, ah, in my eyes married to Hanna--you better be scared they might come after this family too. We were terrified everybody was. "

She said Chris and Billy were best friends.

Opinions

Last edited:
Thank you Cool Cats/

You just can't believe that woman with her shaking of head while checking to see if anyone or if the camera captured her reaction. Liar liar...
Yup..:cool:
Rolling :rolleyes: her eyes, looking down, grimacing, glancing at the camera, posing, shaking her head, etc....
I read micro expressions. Once you learn to do it you cannot undo it..

Last edited:
Latest docket update for Newcomb:

10/30/2019 SUBPOENA ISSUED TO SHERIFF OF PIKE COUNTY ON TERESA PARAMETER

10/30/2019 SUBPOENA ISSUED TO S A RYAN SCHEIDERER BCI, DETECTIVE SGT ALAN LEWIS, S A JON JENKINS, GINGER LAWLESS, REBECCA BARRETT, JAMES GORE BCI, JONATHAN ROBBINS, ALLISON DESANTIS, DANA FORNEY, JULIA EVESLAGE BCI, CORNELIUS MCGRADY, STEPHFAN MCDANIELS, AND JENNY COMISFORD BCI (WILL BE SERVED BY SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY)

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...xmqbGihkIZ6Uhz7YQXhx0eAVSR6OrQhbN9OEf9iEEbkzg

Latest docket update for Newcomb:

10/30/2019 SUBPOENA ISSUED TO SHERIFF OF PIKE COUNTY ON TERESA PARAMETER

10/30/2019 SUBPOENA ISSUED TO S A RYAN SCHEIDERER BCI, DETECTIVE SGT ALAN LEWIS, S A JON JENKINS, GINGER LAWLESS, REBECCA BARRETT, JAMES GORE BCI, JONATHAN ROBBINS, ALLISON DESANTIS, DANA FORNEY, JULIA EVESLAGE BCI, CORNELIUS MCGRADY, STEPHFAN MCDANIELS, AND JENNY COMISFORD BCI (WILL BE SERVED BY SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY)

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...xmqbGihkIZ6Uhz7YQXhx0eAVSR6OrQhbN9OEf9iEEbkzg

Let the show begin...

What her statement brings to mind with me is a classic liar and manipulator will play/twist words. "None of us were anywhere near that place that night" does not eliminate if any of them were there after midnight which would be morning.

Not because she's a woman and isn't equally capable, she's capable all right, but one guess is that maybe it was Angela who was home with the kids and maybe even talked to Fred that night, although not at 2:00am. A babysitter would tell LE the Wagners were gone all night.

She was very serious. No doubt. QUOTE:

"... If your son was the best friends...with something like this happened to that family and your grandson was, ah, in my eyes married to Hanna--you better be scared they might come after this family too. We were terrified everybody was. "

She said Chris and Billy were best friends.

Opinions

CC do you think FW slipped up and still considered HR Jake's wife/property? I get that impression because she is discussing BW & CRsr in the present (at time of the murders) as best friends

BBM

I do too. I think she was scoffing the faux/prank wedding announcement, on FB, all with the tattooed wedding bands, as nothing more than children playing house. HMR and JW were not married. No matter how much either of them had ever wished it to be, instead, they'd lived together (aka lived in sin... still frowned upon among church elders around here). Then, just before her 16th bday, she becomes pregnant with S. They announce a wedding date, on their five year anniversary, of August, 2015. HMR turned 18, in April of that year. I think that one thing her parents would not do for her, is sign for her to get married, before 18, since they married so young themselves (jm2).

In Nov. 2012, G4 married. July 2013, he and his spouse had a child. His child could have possibly arrived early but he and his wife had been married, only 7 mos, three weeks (give or take a week)when G4's child was born. I think being married, was important to FW, but when HMR came up expecting S, she probably wanted them married even more so, but, I don't think HMR's parents wanted her to wait. Again jm2.

I do too. I think she was scoffing the faux/prank wedding announcement, on FB, all with the tattooed wedding bands, as nothing more than children playing house. HMR and JW were not married. No matter how much either of them had ever wished it to be, instead, they'd lived together (aka lived in sin... still frowned upon among church elders around here). Then, just before her 16th bday, she becomes pregnant with S. They announce a wedding date, on their five year anniversary, of August, 2015. HMR turned 18, in April of that year. I think that one thing her parents would not do for her, is sign for her to get married, before 18, since they married so young themselves (jm2).

In Nov. 2012, G4 married. July 2013, he and his spouse had a child. His child could have possibly arrived early but he and his wife had been married, only 7 mos, three weeks (give or take a week)when G4's child was born. I think being married, was important to FW, but when HMR came up expecting S, she probably wanted them married even more so, but, I don't think HMR's parents wanted her to wait. Again jm2.

FW possibly wouldn't approve of any marriage outside of the church. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member