OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Rita Newcomb admit to lying about the policeman in the grand jury proceedings?

I have no idea. I was just referring to the intense pressure she was under when she was on the stand in that particular hearing. The one where she, more or less, argued with the judge.

I wonder if RN being grilled on the stand during the pretrial hearing a few weeks ago where all the discussion of the "mystery man" in the back of the courtroom at grand jury hearing had some bearing on RN doing the right thing and pleading guilty yesterday. Maybe she got a pretty good dose of what her actual trial would be like and decided it wasn't worth going through that again in order to continue to lie. Maybe that opened her eyes to just how harsh the reality of her situation was. Just a thought, my curiosity/opinion

Edited by me to add: Actually, the hearing I was thinking of may not have been as recent as I originally thought (I was thinking a few weeks ago, such as in October??). The hearing I am thinking of may have actually taken place in late August, more than three months ago. Guess I just had my dates confused. So, it's entirely possible my theory isn't correct.

#1 It's public knowledge that baby K is CG's daughter, proved through a DNA test and the results made public by MSM.

#2 I have yet to read anything in MSM or anywhere else that a DNA test was done to determine if SW was Jake's child.

So once again, if he had concrete proof through a DNA test SW was his biological daughter why did he need a forged custody document to back that up after Hanna, who was SW's mother, died? Being the biological father it would seem custody would go to him automatically unless he had a public record of being abusive or was an addict or unfit in some other way of caring for her.

And if the forged custody document was for baby K then why did he want her badly enough to forge a custody document to try to get her?

Just wondering.

JMO
The forged custody document was Angela's idea because she is......a.....There was no reason to do it. But Angela is......sorry don't want to speak badly of her before she is convicted of 8 murders and sent to death row. She is presumed Innocent still.

There are papers in this video that say Jake was on the birth certificate, or going to be put on it.... SW's Birth Certificate... "Further, Hanna and I took the actions for my name to be on the Birth Certificate."

Last edited:
Betty P, I respectfully disagree. IMO RN didn't take the deal because she was lead to that path by her Christian faith (I do not trust these Oh-so-Holy-grandmothers) I think she only had two choices; take the plea deal or continue to commit perjury and lie before the courts. Once the prosecution determined her signature was forged if she continued to lie it would only have became worse for her and her family. And unless AW (or whomever forged the documents) is charged with forgery it cannot be brought up in the murder trials. IMO RN didn't do what is right or have a lightbulb go off and realize her family is cold-blooded murders I think she didn't have a choice.
Berrybell, I completely agree and posted as much a few pages back. I said, I am glad she told the truth and I would have gained some respect for her if she had told the truth because of remorse for the victims, but no, she told the truth because she didn’t want to go to jail.

Call me crazy, but in my opinion this “plea agreement” is most likely being orchestrated by the W’s. I feel like FW was/is paying Gerlach to represent RN in an effort to protect the others. Judging by what was said on all of those sneaky jailhouse phone calls, they are definitely scheming up something. Actually judging by everything I’ve read of FW, GWIII, and AW, they seem to always be scheming... So why wouldn’t they be now?
My feeling is that they had Gerlach make a deal with the prosecution in which RN only says the bare minimum (I didn’t sign those documents, Angie asked me to lie, I’m very sorry now). This helps AC and Junk with motive and untruthfulness during the the W4’s trials. However, Angie will lie about the reason for and date of these forgeries and her lawyers will do their everything to create reasonable doubt. IMO of course. Reading through most of the discovery documents, I feel they will have enough digital and physical evidence to prove all of the W4 guilty even without RN testifying.
I agree with what you say about RN's deal. MOO

I trust AC's judgment, and I trust mine. What I saw today was a woman who believes in God and had to turn on one of her children. It hurt her. She might also believe that she could be in danger for doing so. For once I didn't see acting. I saw genuine emotion. MOO
If she had a conviction against lying then she wouldn’t have lied in the first place. If she was of strong moral character then then those beliefs would have been instilled in here daughter. What I see is a woman that was facing jail significant jail time and at her stage in life she realized that she can’t do the time. I see a woman that made a statement to a judge in an effort to influence the coming sentence that he will impose.

Rhoden Family Massacre Live Stream

What strikes me is the small exchange between Rita and Miss Geneva. At the end of the video Rita stops and looks as if she is touching Miss Geneva's arm and saying a few words to her. Miss Geneva kind of leans her head back then looks over at Lenny with a very puzzled look as if to say "Does she think saying I'm sorry makes up for the loss of our kids and grandkids?" I have watched that few seconds at the end three times now and get the same impression each time.

JMO
It would have been a good time to catch her with a right hook.

Betty P, I respectfully disagree. IMO RN didn't take the deal because she was lead to that path by her Christian faith (I do not trust these Oh-so-Holy-grandmothers) I think she only had two choices; take the plea deal or continue to commit perjury and lie before the courts. Once the prosecution determined her signature was forged if she continued to lie it would only have became worse for her and her family. And unless AW (or whomever forged the documents) is charged with forgery it cannot be brought up in the murder trials. IMO RN didn't do what is right or have a lightbulb go off and realize her family is cold-blooded murders I think she didn't have a choice.

I agree with your points. RN was backed into a legal corner with few options. Despite the defense attorney bluster in the news media and in court, the state has a strong case against RN and the 4 W's. Forgery is not difficult to prove with expert analysis and there's no way for a defendant to escape it. It's also possible the recorded conversations between RN and AW contained very incriminating evidence that RN couldn't avoid. RN was possibly heard colluding with AW to commit perjury re the forged documents.

I'm trying to be charitable to RN and am hopeful she does regret her actions. She did the right thing and she has a lot to think about. I wonder if she'll be able to offer other assistance to the prosecution. At this point, it seems she wasn't involved in the murders and wasn't aware AW and family were planning them. The state has kept in place the charges that she obstructed justice and hindered the investigation by lying to the GJ. It remains to be seen if there were other actions she took to obstruct justice.

ETA: If investigators had any evidence that RN had prior knowledge the murders were going to take place or knew they were being planned, she would have also been charged with murder. JMO, that indicates she didn't know.

Last edited:
Rita received a misdemeanor sentence today, that wasn’t no more than a smack on the hand, something has happened in the last 2 weeks that broke her down, Rita found the truth out for sure no more guessing, ether Rita was told from a family member how the massacre took place that night or she has new piece of evidence, something definitely happened, JMO

Thinking about how it was said, maybe RN did not know she lied to the GJ. Maybe AW told her it was a paper that she notarized a while back . Could it be she only found out she didn't sign it when AC gave the Defense that information?

Thinking about how it was said, maybe RN did not know she lied to the GJ. Maybe AW told her it was a paper that she notarized a while back . Could it be she only found out she didn't sign it when AC gave the Defense that information?
What about the man in uniform watching grand jury, that Rita testified about seeing, no one else saw him.
JMO Angela put buzz words in Rita’s head that was all lies.

The forged custody document was Angela's idea because she is......a.....There was no reason to do it. But Angela is......sorry don't want to speak badly of her before she is convicted of 8 murders and sent to death row. She is presumed Innocent still.

There are papers in this video that say Jake was on the birth certificate, or going to be put on it.... SW's Birth Certificate... "Further, Hanna and I took the actions for my name to be on the Birth Certificate."

Where in this video do you see papers with anything saying JW was on the birth certificate? Or that he and Hanna took actions for JW to be on the birth certificate? They mention papers being filed 6 days after HR's death. If it was said by JW AFTER HR's death, why should it be believed, anyway? There was no one to say it wasn't true...

Where in this video do you see papers with anything saying JW was on the birth certificate? Or that he and Hanna took actions for JW to be on the birth certificate? They mention papers being filed 6 days after HR's death. If it was said by JW AFTER HR's death, why should it be believed, anyway? There was no one to say it wasn't true...
Don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying in this video clip Jake claims in court papers that he and Hanna tried to get him on the BC. Just pause on the papers toward end of clip.

"Further, Hanna and I took the actions for my name to be on the Birth Certificate."

If he is lying then that is on him. Then shame on him for lying to the Court.

One thing to keep in mind, Rita started back in November of last year telling one lie after another, I don’t trust her just because she shed a few tears and called on the lord to forgive her, remember the rest of the Wagners had the preacher fooled in Alaska, JMO

Can you imagine Rita testifying against the Wagners? In the phone calls Angie "ordered"
Rita : "don't testify against us."
I think it would be super hard for her to do. But, what if--as you say--she is offered no jail time for her testimony? The jail time is strong leverage. Opinion but I know jail and prison get used as leverage.

I could be wrong but wasn't the wording, "you don't have to testify against us" JMO

Don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying in this video clip Jake claims in court papers that he and Hanna tried to get him on the BC. Just pause on the papers toward end of clip.

"Further, Hanna and I took the actions for my name to be on the Birth Certificate."

If he is lying then that is on him. Then shame on him for lying to the Court.
CC
Maybe Rita’s mother put her in her place, think about this Rita don’t have enough income to keep electricity on in her own home, Rita son still lives with her and Rita’s mother need taken care of, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric