OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. We don't yet know all the locations where LE retrieved all the evidence against the Wagners.

My remark used the example of the items they left behind in Ohio as possible proof they are hoarders or people who obsessively accumulate and keep a lot of possessions. Combined with all the possessions they took to AK, the large amount of stuff they left behind seems to indicate they had a hard time getting rid of things and kept a LOT of stuff.

Just a casual observation and a possible indicator that their habit of not getting rid of possessions they no longer needed may have worked against them if they kept critical evidence of the murders on their property or in their personal possession.
Betty, see Puzzle's post below, I agree with @Puzzles8 that the Wagners actually took those trailers with the bunch of toys and stuff to Alaska. Didn't think about it till her post:
Just to further confuse or clarify matters, I'll weigh in here:D. Just my opinion. No links will be provided. These are subjects we have beat to death over the last year. This is just my take.

There is an unexplained time gap between the sale of the Peterson property in March 2017 and the W4's arrival in AK June 2017. Not one of us can establish exactly where the W4 where during this time period. We can just give our educated opinions, based on the facts we have read.

We know JW contacted the owner of the 41 property seeking permission to park their 2 trucks and 3 trailers there several days before the big search weekend of May 11 to May 13, 2017.

"Someone" drove their vehicles and trailers to the 41 location that week. That strongly speaks to me that the W4 were still in the area. I believe these were also the vehicles and trailers (with their worldly possessions) that were eventually driven to AK, minus the confiscated "enclosed white trailer and it's contents".

The Daily Mail has an article (June 2017)with lots of good pictures of the possessions they hauled up to AK. I'll swear the article's photo's were the exact same trucks and trailers as were pictured in the 41 search. Some match back to the possessions that were strewn about after the 41 search, the large Li*tte Ty*s outside play toys. I think they eventually did take those 2 trucks and those trailers filled with their possessions to AK. I do not believe the W4 were in AK on vacation during the 5/2017 searches.

I think the W4 were in hiding(March-June/2017), for reasons we don't quite yet completely understand. I also don't know where. They may have been trying to purchase property in another state, I don't know?

I want to squelch the rumor that the burned vcr tape in evidence was a copy of the Boondock Saints movie. Yes there is a burned vcr tape found in a search of a firepit. I admit, it was me that offered up the thought that this vcr tape might be of the "Bookdock Saints" movie. It is just my educated guess. It is not verified fact.

In the name of love, support and kindness, let us all not try to cause or provoke drama and dissension within this thread. I believe these families would be heartbroken to see some of the low blows taken in the name of the deceased.

I truly believe most of the people that take the time to contribute and comment to this thread do so in support in the pursuit of justice and in support of the grieving relatives.

#Rhoden/Gilley/Strong

I have been confused recently regarding the conversations that may be discussed by counsel in mid March. Are these conversations related to the "revenge" conversations that happened before the 11/2018 arrests or are they related to the conversations that ensued after AW was arrested and in jail?

I also want to say to everyone, we all agree we want justice to prevail and be served.

Lets all work towards that in a positive constructive way in our debates and opinions.
Also, another clue that the Wagners did take those trailers - stored on car lot hwy 41 - to Alaska is Jake/Angela complaining to the MSM when they were living in Alaska that BCI left the trailers in a mess to get rained on while they were on a "vacation to Alaska. "

The Wagners saying "vacation" means they came back, they did not say the trailers were search after they moved to Alaska.

My opinion is they found the trailers in a mess then repacked and took the 40 foot trailer and most of that stuff to Alaska. I think they were in hiding in Ohio the whole time, not in Alaska, unless it is proved otherwise.

Why were properties searched in mass-killing probe? Owners say they don't know

"..The Wagners said officials left their property, which had been methodically packed and covered by tarps, exposed to the elements while they took a family vacation to Alaska. They said many items were either destroyed or remain missing.. "
About the tape. Actually there is no burned tape in the discovery evidence that we can see. Only a burned VCR. I agree with you, I do not believe there exists a burned Boondock Saints VHS tape from a burned VCR.

ALSO, the conversations the Prosecution is referring to are not from jail phone calls.
GW4 is specifically singled out for his attorneys to focus on certain conversations he is a part of, according to his Journal Entry. Also, he was the most vocal in the taped revenge jail break conversations according to Canepa in court.

The jail conversations centered around Rita and Angela....2 Cents.....

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I've said it time and again, if the Wagners get LWOP that means they do not go up for parole hearings, it means what it says. Any other murder sentence does have parole, like getting 25 or 30+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed. General discussion of the death penalty is not allowed at WS>

Sorry, I had a friend stop by and got sidetracked. They act like $80,000.00 is nothing. Who in hades ever heard of a "discovery coordinator" and why in the hell do they even need one, surely they have the extra manpower to sort it out for themselves. Good gosh these attorneys are IMO just plain lazy and don't want to go the extra steps to do some elbow bending.

Pike County can't afford all of this expense, they are constantly broke as it is. I just don't see how they will afford 4 DP trials.

Have a good one and keep up the good work. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the pre-planning they allegedly did (all the shopping for shoes, surveillance cams, hacking, etc.) it seems odd they didn't properly plan how to dispose of the evidence. They seem to be a little like hoarders, given all the stuff they left behind after taking off to AK. Perhaps they had trouble parting with personal items like weapons, silencer, etc. because those were valued possessions. Maybe they hid them in places where they thought they could later retrieve them.

Dumb.

Maybe it was that coupled with the fact they thought they really would get away with because they are so much smarter than the rest of the world?

Sorry, I had a friend stop by and got sidetracked. They act like $80,000.00 is nothing. Who in hades ever heard of a "discovery coordinator" and why in the hell do they even need one, surely they have the extra manpower to sort it out for themselves. Good gosh these attorneys are IMO just plain lazy and don't want to go the extra steps to do some elbow bending.

Pike County can't afford all of this expense, they are constantly broke as it is. I just don't see how they will afford 4 DP trials.

Have a good one and keep up the good work. ;)
IMO the defense is requesting a discovery coordinator as a pre-planning strategy if/when the W4 are found guilty, they can use the lack of ability to review all evidence as grounds for ineffective counsel.

https://www.realmassacretalk.com/post/reasonable-doubt

a picture is worth 1,000 words

wait a bit for page to load then scroll down and look at the photo on far right, you can enlarge photo

this is something @Johnny B Bad would like if he comes back on here

Jake's attorney's response to Jake laughing...

Just adding 2 more telling photos only because I think a few posters might want to see them, or see them again.

Before today this is a photo I had never seen before, I think this is the face Jake tries to hide behind his smile...true Jake...?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7b/3b/9b/7b3b9ba90b081fc8015bc0eccc39e974.jpg

Junk has seen the evidence and knows things about Jake we don't, he doesn't like what he sees, in my opinion:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...87.jpg?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Last edited:
Maybe it was that coupled with the fact they thought they really would get away with because they are so much smarter than the rest of the world?

Most definitely. They had gotten away with things before. There are records of some, but possibly more criminal incidents that slipped under the radar or were quietly erased/no charges filed/forgotten, etc.

@Cool
Re Jakes expressions, those show the real guy. He does a good job of being nice and friendly in the courtroom. But we know what he did, along with the others.

I always thought this photo of Ms Geneva looking at Billy Wagner is significant. During that hearing (when he pleaded not guilty) she looked at him a very long time with that expression on her face. Hadn't seen her give the evil eye quite like that to any of the others. It made me wonder if she knew that Billy W did something especially heinous.

7f952293-23b8-47d1-a6ff-2d0bcf10848a-geneva.rhoden.jpg

IMO the defense is requesting a discovery coordinator as a pre-planning strategy if/when the W4 are found guilty, they can use the lack of ability to review all evidence as grounds for ineffective counsel.
Agree
Discovery Coordinator = Scapegoat = Another potential means of appeal.
I would not take that job for any amount of money...

Just adding 2 more telling photos only because I think a few posters might want to see them, or see them again.

Before today this is a photo I had never seen before, I think this is the face Jake tries to hide behind his smile...true Jake...?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7b/3b/9b/7b3b9ba90b081fc8015bc0eccc39e974.jpg

Junk has seen the evidence and knows things about Jake we don't, he doesn't like what he sees, in my opinion:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...87.jpg?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp
When I see JW & AW smile in the court room it reminds of how charming Ted Bundy was towards the judge and jury, and the chilling smiles of Charles Manson and his girls.

Most definitely. They had gotten away with things before. There are records of some, but possibly more criminal incidents that slipped under the radar or were quietly erased/no charges filed/forgotten, etc.

@Cool
Re Jakes expressions, those show the real guy. He does a good job of being nice and friendly in the courtroom. But we know what he did, along with the others.

I always thought this photo of Ms Geneva looking at Billy Wagner is significant. During that hearing (when he pleaded not guilty) she looked at him a very long time with that expression on her face. Hadn't seen her give the evil eye quite like that to any of the others. It made me wonder if she knew that Billy W did something especially heinous.

7f952293-23b8-47d1-a6ff-2d0bcf10848a-geneva.rhoden.jpg
Thanks for commenting on Jake's expression. I was startled when I saw that angry expression because as a psychopath he does well coming across amiable in court, but the smiling is overkill.

In my opinion the smiling will turn the jury off like it turns all of us off and turns other people off who I read making comments about him on the internet.

Yes, Miss Genea, if looks could kill....:mad:

Tony not too thrilled either:
ROBERT MCGRAW/CHILLICOTHE GAZETTE
73f26965-d7bc-4369-893b-937b1df58115-_DSC6360.jpg

Tony Rhoden, who is in charge of his brother Christopher Rhoden's estate and has several times spoken to the media on behalf of his family, is seen in court during Fredericka Wagner’s arraignment.

Last edited:
Thanks for commenting on Jake's expression. I was startled when I saw that angry expression because as a psychopath he does well coming across amiable in court, but the smiling is overkill.

In my opinion the smiling will turn the jury off like it turns all of us off and turns other people off who I read making comments about him on the internet.

Yes, Miss Genea, if looks could kill....:mad:

Tony not too thrilled either:
ROBERT MCGRAW/CHILLICOTHE GAZETTE
73f26965-d7bc-4369-893b-937b1df58115-_DSC6360.jpg

Tony Rhoden, who is in charge of his brother Christopher Rhoden's estate and has several times spoken to the media on behalf of his family, is seen in court during Fredericka Wagner’s arraignment.

I always like Tony's expressions as he looks at the Ws in court.

I always like Tony's expressions as he looks at the Ws in court.

I love seeing Tony and his mom together in court.
In MSM articles Tony talks about his mom and it makes me really happy to see how close he is to her and how he checks on her and drives her places etc....

To know she still has 2 sons who are very devoted -- is something good in a situation that is mostly not good.

Betty, see Puzzle's post below, I agree with @Puzzles8 that the Wagners actually took those trailers with the bunch of toys and stuff to Alaska. Didn't think about it till her post:

Also, another clue that the Wagners did take those trailers - stored on car lot hwy 41 - to Alaska is Jake/Angela complaining to the MSM when they were living in Alaska that BCI left the trailers in a mess to get rained on while they were on a "vacation to Alaska. "

The Wagners saying "vacation" means they came back, they did not say the trailers were search after they moved to Alaska.

My opinion is they found the trailers in a mess then repacked and took the 40 foot trailer and most of that stuff to Alaska. I think they were in hiding in Ohio the whole time, not in Alaska, unless it is proved otherwise.

Why were properties searched in mass-killing probe? Owners say they don't know

"..The Wagners said officials left their property, which had been methodically packed and covered by tarps, exposed to the elements while they took a family vacation to Alaska. They said many items were either destroyed or remain missing.. "
About the tape. Actually there is no burned tape in the discovery evidence that we can see. Only a burned VCR. I agree with you, I do not believe there exists a burned Boondock Saints VHS tape from a burned VCR.

ALSO, the conversations the Prosecution is referring to are not from jail phone calls.
GW4 is specifically singled out for his attorneys to focus on certain conversations he is a part of, according to his Journal Entry. Also, he was the most vocal in the taped revenge jail break conversations according to Canepa in court.

The jail conversations centered around Rita and Angela....2 Cents.....

But, remember what Reader said..."and all the lies they told us..."

But, remember what Reader said..."and all the lies they told us..."
Yes! Earlier on the Wagners fooled me (meaning I would quote them from the MSM as if it were true) because that is what they do, they work a facade,
an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

All just my opinion of course, but the Wagners
see the truth as to what people think they are, not what they really are.

According to LE
these are cold blooded killers which is
not a far stretch from being natural born killers
(as a poster recently pointed out) and there was some questioning about using that label on them. It is anyone's opinion but....

See for yourself:

TOP DEFINITION FROM
Psychology Today
Natural Born Killers?

Natural Born Killers?
There's a glitch in the brain of violent criminals—but that doesn't mean they're insane.

The researchers discovered that the prefrontal cortex, the brain region right behind the forehead, was less active in the murderers. Prefrontal deficiencies have been associated with a variety of behaviors--risk taking, rule breaking, aggression, and impulsivity--that can lead to violence.

• √ Verified by Psychology Today
  • reviewed on June 9, 2016
  • Actual brain scans:

25639-49712.jpg

• Dictionary
  • natural born killers
People who don't hide from their impulses, and face the truth of what they want. They are not scared by society and law.
Natural born killers are the most pure animal of the human race.

Last edited:
This is how LE - not me - has described the Wagners in the MSM:

1.) Guilty
2.) Horrendous
3.) Vicious
4.) Obsessed
5.) Liars

6.) Meticulous in planning/murdering 8 people

7.) Heartless
8.) Cold Blooded
9.) Brutal
10.) Cowards
___And___
11.) Ruthless
12) Thieves

6 arrested in Rhoden family murder case

https://nypost.com/2018/11/13/wagner-family-arrested-after-gruesome-rhoden-family-massacre-in-ohio/

Arrests over 2016 murder of Ohio family

Pike County murders: DeWine lays out charges in 2016 Rhoden killings

Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders of Pike Co., OH family

Last edited:
Yes! Earlier on the Wagners fooled me (meaning I would quote them from the MSM as if it were true) because that is what they do, they work a facade,
an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

According to LE
these are cold blooded killers which is
not a far stretch from being natural born killers
(as a poster recently pointed out) and there was some questioning about using that label on them. It is anyone's opinion but....

See for yourself:

TOP DEFINITION FROM
Psychology Today
Natural Born Killers?

Natural Born Killers?
There's a glitch in the brain of violent criminals—but that doesn't mean they're insane.

The researchers discovered that the prefrontal cortex, the brain region right behind the forehead, was less active in the murderers. Prefrontal deficiencies have been associated with a variety of behaviors--risk taking, rule breaking, aggression, and impulsivity--that can lead to violence.

• √ Verified by Psychology Today
  • reviewed on June 9, 2016
  • Actual brain scans:

25639-49712.jpg

• Dictionary
  • natural born killers
People who don't hide from their impulses, and face the truth of what they want. They are not scared by society and law.
Natural born killers are the most pure animal of the human race.

BBM & RSBM

CC, you NAILED it in your above statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed