OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No proof that CH was there, IIRC.
The only MSM article I know of about someone visiting at the victim's homes that night is the one that says C-Rob was at Frankie's dropping off B and leaving at 10:30pm.

It's also been mentioned that a Rhoden cousin was over there at Frankie's that night. Apparently he had just came back into town and C-Rob was glad to see and visit with him. I can't remember if this is in MSM or not?

If not MSM then ignore... 2 cents.....

Wow Puzz! You found exactly what I was looking for.

The only paperwork from other Counties I recall is related to Rita Newcomb....

Documents that are under seal in Adams, Madison and Clark Counties involving Rita Newcomb - referred to by Gerlach and confirmed by Canepa at Rita's October 7th, 2019 hearing.
I wonder if Rita, and or AW signing as Rita, was in cohoots with one of the Rhodens in signing fraudulent car title transfers that were filed in the various counties.

I wonder if Rita, and or AW signing as Rita, was in cohoots with one of the Rhodens in signing fraudulent car title transfers that were filed in the various counties.

No. No sign anyone was signing fraudulent car titles.

Chris Sr. went to auctions to buy junk cars to fix them and sell them for profit, employing LM to "drive all over creation" to legitimately get the titles. This has been mentioned and linked many times.

The only fraud I know of is the 4 Wagners are charged with fraud due to the fraudulent custody documents which contain Rita's forged signature. I believe Angie forged her mom's signature.

And Rita's son pled guilty in 2019 to:
ATTEMPTED VIOLATION OF METAL SCRAPPING LAWS

His 2nd charge was dropped:
IMPROPER USE OF A CERTIFICATE OF TITLE

Last edited:
No. No sign anyone was signing fraudulent car titles.

Chris Sr. went to auctions to buy junk cars to fix them and sell them for profit, employing LM to "drive all over creation" to legitimately get the titles. This has been mentioned and linked many times.

The only fraud I know of is the 4 Wagners are charged with fraud due to the fraudulent custody documents which contain Rita's forged signature. I believe Angie forged her mom's signature.

And Rita's son pled guilty in 2019 to:
ATTEMPTED VIOLATION OF METAL SCRAPPING LAWS

His 2nd charge was dropped:
IMPROPER USE OF A CERTIFICATE OF TITLE

LE said all the vehicles checked from CRsr’s property were legal. None were reported missing or stolen.
It seems people make an effort to connect him to illegal activity for some reason but according to LE the cars were legally owned. Along with this, there still has never been any proof of a “large” or “commercial” grow op CRsr supposedly had. Not so much as a pic of one leaf. Why is that?

LE said all the vehicles checked from CRsr’s property were legal. None were reported missing or stolen.
It seems people make an effort to connect him to illegal activity for some reason but according to LE the cars were legally owned. Along with this, there still has never been any proof of a “large” or “commercial” grow op CRsr supposedly had. Not so much as a pic of one leaf. Why is that?
BBM

This is the sum total of what the public knows about the marijuana:

At the arrest press conference Angela Canepa said that marijuana was found at 2 locations (not 3 as previously reported) and DeWine said:

“Clearly, this was a serious commercial operation.”

BCI never released (to the public) evidence photos, photos from inside the Rhoden homes including the specific crime scene areas, photos of victims, photos of confiscated items found in the property searches of the 4 Wagners, photos of digital messages coming from the Wagners' computers and phones, photos inside the various buildings on the Wagner and Rhoden properties, etc...

Thus, it stands to reason that BCI would also not release photos of the marijuana grow operations. However, there is a chance these photos will be shown at trial if the prosecution deems them relevant to the State's Case.

And they could be relevant because "there was an undercurrent of drugs."

How the Wagners supported themselves financially has always been "murky" at best.
One theory is that Billy worked "under the table" for Chris Sr. and then when the relationship grew sour Chris Sr. cut him out of the business, thus, hurting Billy's cash flow which would enrage him..:mad:

....2 Cents....

Last edited:
BBM

This is the sum total of what the public knows about the marijuana:

At the arrest press conference Angela Canepa said that marijuana was found at 2 locations (not 3 as previously reported) and DeWine said:

“Clearly, this was a serious commercial operation.”

BCI never released (to the public) evidence photos, photos from inside the Rhoden homes including the specific crime scene areas, photos of victims, photos of confiscated items found in the property searches of the 4 Wagners, photos of digital messages coming from the Wagners' computers and phones, photos inside the various buildings on the Wagner and Rhoden properties, etc...

Thus, it stands to reason that BCI would also not release photos of the marijuana grow operations. However, there is a chance these photos will be shown at trial if the prosecution deems them relevant to the State's Case.

And they could be relevant because "there was an undercurrent of drugs."

How the Wagners supported themselves financially has always been "murky" at best.
One theory is that Billy worked "under the table" for Chris Sr. and then when the relationship grew sour Chris Sr. cut him out of the business, thus, hurting Billy's cash flow which would enrage him..:mad:

....2 Cents....

What has always irked me about this was that they made such a big deal of a grow op, with no proof, then had to scale back the claims about how many grow ops there was. So, is it still overestimated and they don’t want to show how small it was or is something else going on with that whole scenario?
I can’t think of ANYTHING that was done in any normal fashion with this case. Sealing the court order that sealed the evidence? How often is that done? Not one photo of anything similar to evidence involved in the case. Why is this SO secret compared to other cases?

What has always irked me about this was that they made such a big deal of a grow op, with no proof, then had to scale back the claims about how many grow ops there was. So, is it still overestimated and they don’t want to show how small it was or is something else going on with that whole scenario?
I can’t think of ANYTHING that was done in any normal fashion with this case. Sealing the court order that sealed the evidence? How often is that done? Not one photo of anything similar to evidence involved in the case. Why is this SO secret compared to other cases?

BBM
My personal opinion is the sheer magnitude of the case, because it involves eight murders and is (possibly) the largest murder case in Ohio history. Many careers would be ruined--including that of now-Governor DeWine--if anything botched the investigation. Because the case is so large, the powers that be felt it was best to keep as much secret as they possibly could for as long as they possibly could in order to have the best shot at catching, prosecuting and convicting the monsters who were so cruel and heartless as to murder eight members of a family. Again, JMO.

Last edited:

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that the only people who stood to gain from the murders now await trial. A lot of things seemed pretty funky to me as this case dragged on, but some of it might make perfect sense if we are lucky enough to learn why LE did certain things the way they did them during the trials. I have wondered whether the announcement of a commercial, or a big grow up was a psychological game LE used to make the killers believe the investigation was headed in the wrong direction, and away from them.

Maybe that worked? JW appears to have been comfortable enough that he was on solid ground that he gave a rather lengthy media interview in late July 2016. It appears he really screwed up in that interview, IMO, and his mother had to "correct" it. Did that miss the notice of LE? It didn't miss our notice. My thoughts are LE knows exactly when JW took possession of SW and they were keeping track of the lies.

After the arrests were made, DeWine said there was an undercurrent of drugs, but he didn't state the undercurrent was the R's, so perhaps the undercurrent was elsewhere?

All JMO

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that the only people who stood to gain from the murders now await trial. A lot of things seemed pretty funky to me as this case dragged on, but some of it might make perfect sense if we are lucky enough to learn why LE did certain things the way they did them during the trials. I have wondered whether the announcement of a commercial, or a big grow up was a psychological game LE used to make the killers believe the investigation was headed in the wrong direction, and away from them.

Maybe that worked? JW appears to have been comfortable enough that he was on solid ground that he gave a rather lengthy media interview in late July 2016. It appears he really screwed up in that interview, IMO, and his mother had to "correct" it. Did that miss the notice of LE? It didn't miss our notice. My thoughts are LE knows exactly when JW took possession of SW and they were keeping track of the lies.

After the arrests were made, DeWine said there was an undercurrent of drugs, but he didn't state the undercurrent was the R's, so perhaps the undercurrent was elsewhere?

All JMO

I've wondered if the "grow operations" were just experimenting for when medical marijuana became legal. You know,learn to grow quality product and be ready to be certified by the government.

ETA, We know that Chris SR's father was quite the horticulturist and I'm sure the younger men learned a lot from him.

DBM

Authorities seek information about family regarding Pike County slayings

Investigators said they are looking specifically for information on "interactions, conversations, dealings or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals, which could be personal, business, or otherwise." The release said detectives want information particularly as it relates to vehicles, firearms and ammunition.

JMO...Investigators already had information from Walmart. They were specifically looking for information from "individuals" as it related to vehicles firearms and ammunition.
------------

Wow. These three words speak volumes. This implies to me that people out there had bought or sold or talked with the Wagners about these 3 important items.

Thoughts?

Authorities seek information about family regarding Pike County slayings

Investigators said they are looking specifically for information on "interactions, conversations, dealings or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals, which could be personal, business, or otherwise." The release said detectives want information particularly as it relates to vehicles, firearms and ammunition.

JMO...Investigators already had information from Walmart. They were specifically looking for information from "individuals" as it related to vehicles firearms and ammunition.
------------

Wow. These three words speak volumes. This implies to me that people out there had bought or sold or talked with the Wagners about these 3 important items.

Thoughts?

Agree, those three items are very specific. I wonder if LE received responses?

Agree, those three items are very specific. I wonder if LE received responses?
Look over this Discovery dated 6/14/2019, IIRC this identical Discovery was filed for all of the W4.

The Discovery is full of DNA and Firearms. Look particularly at the dates. Some dates were in the fall of 2017, when they were in AK. Many were in also in May 2017 as they ran from Pike County. Some from the first days of the murder investigation. There are also a number of dates July/Aug of 2018, when we presume they came back to Ohio.

Caveat is, the Discovery does not designate the exact location this evidence came from.

Dropbox - DMS_dkt_File.pdf - Simplify your life

JMO,MOO

Last edited:
Now not just Billy wants bond, GW4 does also. The bond hearing will be very interesting because we will hear the reasons why the prosecution thinks they are guilty vs. the defense saying they are not.

WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON

06/25/2020 MOTION NO. 58 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR BOND HEARING FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

WAGNER, III, GEORGE WASHINGTON

06/22/2020 MOTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO IN A CAPITAL CASE AND PURSUANT TO STATUTE TO HOLD THE DEFENDANT WITHOUT BAIL FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

Last edited:
Now not just Billy wants bond, GW4 does also. The bond hearing will be very interesting because we will hear the reasons why the prosecution thinks they are guilty vs. the defense saying they are not.

WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON

06/25/2020 MOTION NO. 58 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR BOND HEARING FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

WAGNER, III, GEORGE WASHINGTON

06/22/2020 MOTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO IN A CAPITAL CASE AND PURSUANT TO STATUTE TO HOLD THE DEFENDANT WITHOUT BAIL FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/17/2020 BOND MOTION---COUNSEL FOR THE DEFENDANT MOVES THE COURT TO GRANT GEORGE WASHINGTON WAGNER III A REASONABLE BOND, WITH APPROPRIATE RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE FILED (ORIGINAL) Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C

The Defense is trying to force the evidence to be on trial before the trials start. What is their objective? Trying to find out if they have a snowball's chance of winning? Trying to taint the jury pool? Trying to discredit the evidence? They have an agenda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18