OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Billy's January 17, 2019 Discovery

Ford Excursion Search (5-18-17):

Photos from search (93)
IR (5 pp)
Consents to search (4 pp)
Inventory (1p)

US 41 Trailers Search (5/12/17) :

Photos from search (188)
Miscellaneous Documents (802 pp)
IR from SA Todd Further (3 pp)
IR from SA Ed Hunter (2 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for white enclosed trailer (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for Black Ram 2500 (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for black/gooseneck trailer (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for Gray Dodge Ram (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for black semi-trailer (3 pp)

Wagner Trailer Search (4/15/18) :

Photos from search (26 photos)
Inventory (1 p)

Angela's March 20, 2019 Supplemental Discovery

Jake's Truck Search Warrant (1-17-2019):

Evidence Log (3 pp)
Search Warrant (12 pp)
Photos from Search (95)St

Latent Print Analysis
Standards for Billy, Jake and GW4

Comparing Latent prints found on Jake's truck to the Standard prints of Jake, Billy and GW4. Standard prints would have been taken upon their arrests and put into a national database.

Someone bought the Excursion and so LE had to get a Consent to Search Form, had to get the new owner's consent to search it. But with Jake's truck instead of getting a Consent to Search Form they had to have a judge sign off on an actual Search Warrant. This is why I think that Jake still owned his truck.

The other Wagner vehicles were searched before they were arrested so why was Jake's truck searched after? Because they didn't find it until then.

Some time before he was arrested his truck was taken out of Ohio.
When Jake got arrested there has to be a reason his truck was in WV rather than being parked at his home. If it had been parked at his home LE would have searched it that month, November 2018, not January 2019.
I think they were looking for it then found it. Maybe Jake didn't want LE to know about it.

Just my take on it.....

Yes, I think that was the general consensus here after all the docs were made public. You can probably search the threads from back then to see. IIRC, the consensus was that Jake's truck was junked and afterwards ended up in a lot in WV. Could explain the need for a SW. Prosecutors going by the book.

Probably just investigators strengthening their case. IF its referring to a truck that JW drove (we don't know that and probably won't until the trials begin) it could be one that appeared on security cam video, etc. It could also contain other evidence from the crimes. That's most likely the reason why JW got rid of it. Just the fact that it is or has evidence of the crime and he took steps to get rid of it after the murders is incriminating.

The place in WV mentioned is just a facility to send prints for analysis. It doesn’t mean any vehicle was there or found there.

If I am not mistaken, The Prosecution must, under Discovery, reveal what evidence they have gathered for the trial. It does not mean that the State will actually present that evidence to the jury. The State is not required to reveal it's strategy to the Defense at all. Therefore everything in evidence must be known to the defense so their case may be made. In a case like this with tons of evidence, The Defense has a monumental job preparing explanations for every little bit or piece in the Discovery files. The State will be looking for weak arguments from the W's defense and be ready to pounce. This thing might make the OJ Simpson trial look dull.

IMO

From Billy's January 17, 2019 Discovery

Ford Excursion Search (5-18-17):

Photos from search (93)
IR (5 pp)
Consents to search (4 pp)
Inventory (1p)

US 41 Trailers Search (5/12/17) :

Photos from search (188)
Miscellaneous Documents (802 pp)
IR from SA Todd Further (3 pp)
IR from SA Ed Hunter (2 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for white enclosed trailer (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for Black Ram 2500 (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for black/gooseneck trailer (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for Gray Dodge Ram (1 pp)
Evidence Log/Inventory for black semi-trailer (3 pp)

Wagner Trailer Search (4/15/18) :

Photos from search (26 photos)
Inventory (1 p)

Angela's March 20, 2019 Supplemental Discovery

Evidence Log (3 pp)
Search Warrant (12 pp)
Photos from Search (95)St

Latent Print Analysis
Standards for Billy, Jake and GW4

Comparing Latent prints found on Jake's truck to the Standard prints of Jake, Billy and GW4. Standard prints would have been taken upon their arrests and put into a national database.

Someone bought the Excursion and so LE had to get a Consent to Search Form, had to get the new owner's consent to search it. But with Jake's truck instead of getting a Consent to Search Form they had to have a judge sign off on an actual Search Warrant. This is why I think that Jake still owned his truck.

The other Wagner vehicles were searched before they were arrested so why was Jake's truck searched after? Because they didn't find it until then.

Some time before he was arrested his truck was taken out of Ohio.
When Jake got arrested there has to be a reason his truck was in WV rather than being parked at his home. If it had been parked at his home LE would have searched it that month, November 2018, not January 2019.
I think they were looking for it then found it. Maybe Jake didn't want LE to know about it.

Just my take on it.....

CC, please help me remember where it was said Jake's truck was found in WV. Thanks

Yes, I think that was the general consensus here after all the docs were made public. You can probably search the threads from back then to see. IIRC, the consensus was that Jake's truck was junked and afterwards ended up in a lot in WV. Could explain the need for a SW. Prosecutors going by the book.

Wow, I must have totally not seen that Jake's truck was found in WV. Can you share a link, was it in a Discovery, etc.? Thanks.
The place in WV mentioned is just a facility to send prints for analysis. It doesn’t mean any vehicle was there or found there.

Oh, thank you. I just didn't read far enough to see your post about this.

If I am not mistaken, The Prosecution must, under Discovery, reveal what evidence they have gathered for the trial. It does not mean that the State will actually present that evidence to the jury. The State is not required to reveal it's strategy to the Defense at all. Therefore everything in evidence must be known to the defense so their case may be made. In a case like this with tons of evidence, The Defense has a monumental job preparing explanations for every little bit or piece in the Discovery files. The State will be looking for weak arguments from the W's defense and be ready to pounce. This thing might make the OJ Simpson trial look dull.

IMO

And same Reciprocal Discovery must be turned over to the State by the Defense. And IMO, the Defense is way behind on turning over their Discovery.

CC, please help me remember where it was said Jake's truck was found in WV. Thanks

That is my take on it....

The West Virginia State Patrol deals with the roads and vehicals. They are not going to run prints from Jake's truck unless they are the ones who found it. And Ohio State Patrol would run their own prints, not send them to WVSP.

So I believe Jake's truck was found in WV and their lab ran the latent prints found on the truck and compared them to Billy's, Jake's and GW4's standard prints. Standard prints are taken at time of arrest and then uploaded into the nation wide fingerprint database.

This would prove it is Jake's truck. I suspect he was trying to hide it because evidently the truck wasn't on his property when he was arrested, he had already moved it out of Ohio. It was 2 months after his arrest before it was even searched because I don't think they found it until then.

Evidence Log (3 pp)
Search Warrant (12 pp)
Photos from Search (95)

Latent Print Analysis West Virginia State Patrol (WVSP)

Case Submission Form (1 p)
Image (1 p)
Standards for Jake (3 pp)
Standards for Billy (3 pp)
Standards for GW4 (3 pp)
Secure File Sharing (2 pp)
WVSP Forensic Laboratory Report (3 pp)

Last edited:

The West Virginia State Patrol deals with the roads and vehicals. They are not going to run prints from Jake's truck unless they find it. And Ohio State Patrol would run their own prints, not send them to WVSP.

So I believe Jake's truck was found in WV and their lab ran the latent prints found on the truck and compared them to Billy's, Jake's and GW4's standard prints. Standard prints are taken at time of arrest and then uploaded into the nation wide fingerprint database.

This would prove it is Jake's truck. I suspect he was trying to hide it because evidently the truck wasn't on his property when he was arrested, he had already moved it out of Ohio. It was 2 months after his arrest before it was even searched because I don't think they found it until then.

Evidence Log (3 pp)
Search Warrant (12 pp)
Photos from Search (95)

Case Submission Firm (1 p)
Image (1 p)
Standards for GW4 (3 pp)

But where are the dates for Jake's truck being searched in W

The West Virginia State Patrol deals with the roads and vehicals. They are not going to run prints from Jake's truck unless they find it. And Ohio State Patrol would run their own prints, not send them to WVSP.

Evidence Log (3 pp)
Search Warrant (12 pp)
Photos from Search (95)

Case Submission Form (1 p)
Image (1 p)
Standards for GW4 (3 pp)

I believe this was a planned stop ordered by Ohio BCI, in which DNA and other info was gathered. JMO

Then what does the Latent Print Analysis-West Virginia State Patrol on page six of AW's discovery have to do with?

It lists all three W males Latent Print Standards along with West Virginia State Patrol's Forensic Lab Report.

All that is directly below JW's Truck Search Warrant with Evidence Log, 12-page Search Warrant and 95 photos of the Search.

Angela Wagner

The Discovery Document is in Alphabetical order so Latent (with an L) follows Jake (with a J).

It's JMO, that the Discovery document wasn't intended to state that the 'prints' are related to the 'truck' at all.

8/6/2020 George III

Might not be open to the public because it is a:

STATUS CONFERENCE
08/06/2020 01:30 PM

I'm planing to call and ask the Court Clerk if this Status Conference is going to be in open court. I asked her this question about the June pre-trials, due to the virus, and she was real nice about it and checked the information for me.

As far as I know a Status Conference is just for everyone to see where they are at, like where they are with the Discovery and what they need to do going forward.
Billy wants bail so I have to wonder if that will be mentioned at the SC or if it will be argued later on in a regular pre-trial?

Last edited:
Cool Cats said:
As far as I know a Status Conference is just for everyone to see where they are at, like where they are with the Discovery and what they need to do going forward.
Billy wants bail so I have to wonder if that will be mentioned at the SC or if it will be argued later on in a regular pre-trial?

Per my notes - there is also a Bond Review hearing on 8/6.

Per my notes - there is also a Bond Review hearing on 8/6.
Thankx ... I'm going to go back to the video and listen to it.
Good catch =
friendly-number-9-nine-guy-eps-vector_csp5132354.jpg

Last edited:

I don't recall anything about JW truck being junked and then a 'WS consensus' about it ending up in a junk lot in WV.

You need to provide a link. (JW truck being junked and ending up in WV) or state that it is your opinion

It is the posters (not the reader) responsibility to provide the confirmation link per WS TOS.

Do you have a link or is it opinion?

Last edited:
Then what does the Latent Print Analysis-West Virginia State Patrol on page six of AW's discovery have to do with?

It lists all three W males Latent Print Standards along with West Virginia State Patrol's Forensic Lab Report.

All that is directly below JW's Truck Search Warrant with Evidence Log, 12-page Search Warrant and 95 photos of the Search.

Angela Wagner

My opinion only is this. When they searched JW’s truck they found latent finger prints. Those were sent to the West Virginia lab for processing.
I don’t remember any mention of JW’s truck being in West Virginia or that it was in a junkyard anywhere. I could be wrong, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed