OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The M1911 was the standard issue sidearm for the US Military from WW1 thru the 1980's. It is still issued to units that want them and have the clout to get them (seals, delta force, SF etc). The M1911.22 was manufactured for wannabe badasses who could not handle the larger .45 cartridge. Or the expense. .22 is cheap to shoot. The mentioned 1911.22 also has an engraving that says "Military Tribute" or something like that. That makes it a magnet for collectors who want all the models of a certain gun. As well as jr stormtroopers. All guns leave unique markings on bullets and casings when fired.

MOO
The unique mark was mentioned in court according to the relayed info so I took that to mean different than normal marks from the firing pin.

It does say that particular gun was confiscated and destroyed but I'm sure he replaced it in no time.

A damaging thing that came up against the Wagner's was the absence of things. The absence of the guns, the absense of specific items bought for their guns, the absence of the shoes. I am going to listen to those parts of the hearing again and post what Canepa said to get a better handle on it.

They bought things that they cannot produce and account for. The shoe excuse I have mentioned a couple times. I believe they screwed up on this because they didn't have time and or neglected to get their stories straight.

Last edited:
A damaging thing that came up against the Wagner's was the absence of things. The absence of the guns, the absense of specific items bought for their guns, the absence of the shoes. I am going to listen to those parts of the hearing again and post what Canepa said to get a better handle on it.

They bought things that they cannot produce and account for. The shoe excuse I have mentioned a couple times. I believe they screwed up on this because they didn't have time and or neglected to get their stories straight.

Hopefully, I can find time to listen again tomorrow. Very interesting about the absence of so many things!

For a cult or clan like family a few things surprise me:
-Differing religions
-Billy not living with them before or after

Things I wonder:
Who was the leader of this family? Angela or Billy???
What size shoes Angela and Billy wear
What is the relevance of having a Captain America Mask? Was it seen on video footage somewhere?
Why hack the former Mother in Laws Facebook? Wouldn't it make more sense if HR's was hacked.

I have an opinion that the defense will really be tough on George's ex wife. (Bringing to mind the narrative on a go fund me)

It's a bit unfair to believe only the defense would stretch some facts with select wording. JMO

I think the shoes and the photo of Jake holding the gun are what will seal the case though. They seem to be the items most directly connected to the crime scene itself.

(Edited by me)

The 'different' religion things is surprising. My thoughts were that it was a ruse to all of them to use to appear to have more legitimate business.

Is it possible that BW had a special friend until the family unit started planning the murders? It's JMO.
Family leader seemed like AW since she made the threat towards TW. (I still believe that someone may have been threatening family planning trusts to have been set up in such a matter that the W4 HAD to have complete custody of grandkids to OWN more of the FWF).

Kendra R and her mom described men in masks outside their residence basically terrorizing them. Do you remember if one was Captain America?

I don't understand TW mother. I thought that she went to work for FW after the arrests and then showed up in the movie with positive comments.

I need to watch that movie again!.

I always questioned Jake Wagner losing his cell phone. I figured it was because he was trying to get rid of text messages or the hacking app he used to gain entry into Hanna’s Facebook. But it would appear he kept a detailed list of the weapons his family owned.

I always questioned Jake Wagner losing his cell phone. I figured it was because he was trying to get rid of text messages or the hacking app he used to gain entry into Hanna’s Facebook. But it would appear he kept a detailed list of the weapons his family owned.

sorry everyone posting as I watch the bond hearing. It would also appear Jake possessed a photo of what bci suspect is one of the murder weapons. This photo was obtained through the lost iPhone.

Ohio law states that George didn't even have to pull a trigger to be guilty of all the charges, including aggravated murder. All that was needed was for him to know it was going to happen, be in on the planning, be present that night.

If he's smart, he'll make a plea arrangement.
Jmo based solely on testimony this week in just my opinion that was not proven. The state probably had much more, at least I hope if he was involved. And that is all he needs is one juror to not be able to get to death penalty. The prosecutor needs to name George more in the actual trial than naming Jake and Angela continuously.

Last edited:
The 'different' religion things is surprising. My thoughts were that it was a ruse to all of them to use to appear to have more legitimate business.

Is it possible that BW had a special friend until the family unit started planning the murders? It's JMO.
Family leader seemed like AW since she made the threat towards TW. (I still believe that someone may have been threatening family planning trusts to have been set up in such a matter that the W4 HAD to have complete custody of grandkids to OWN more of the FWF).

Kendra R and her mom described men in masks outside their residence basically terrorizing them. Do you remember if one was Captain America?

I don't understand TW mother. I thought that she went to work for FW after the arrests and then showed up in the movie with positive comments.

I need to watch that movie again!.

On the former Mother in Law:
Patricia Sexton, the ex-mother-in-law of George Wagner Jr., worked for Fredericka Wagner for more than 10 years and called Fredericka “like a mother” to her.

“She’s been really, really supportive of anything I needed or went through,” Sexton told Oxygen.

Who Is Fredericka Wagner And Why Was Her Arrest Such A Shock To Piketon?

No mention on the type of mask - (reading the article again made me wonder if KR's gun was recovered.)

She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports.

Ohio family clings to hope 3 months after 8 killed

Those things to the side, I was questioning my view on George's role based solely on the hearing the other day until I spent time thinking about the fact that George colored his hair just as Jake did.

The possibility on trusts and inheritance is an interesting one. Whether business deal or greedy financial means in the end, something was a driver beyond having custody because of love for the child. Love for the child wouldn't lead to murdering her family. There had to be something in it for all 4 Wagners in my opinion.

Jmo based solely on testimony this week in just my opinion that was not proven. The state probably had much more, at least I hope if he was involved. And that is all he needs is one juror to not be able to get to death penalty. The prosecutor needs to name George more in the actual trial than naming Jake and Angela continuously.
I’m sure they have a lot more evidence. This was just a bond hearing. They planned this as a family unit, and they each had a part to play in the murder plot.

Patricia Sexton, the ex-mother-in-law of George Wagner Jr., worked for Fredericka Wagner for more than 10 years and called Fredericka “like a mother” to her.

“She’s been really, really supportive of anything I needed or went through,” Sexton told Oxygen.

No mention on the type of mask - (reading the article again made me wonder if KR's gun was recovered.)

She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports.

Those things to the side, I was questioning my view on George's role based solely on the hearing the other day until I spent time thinking about the fact that George colored his hair just as Jake did.

The possibility on trusts and inheritance is an interesting one. Whether business deal or greedy financial means in the end, something was a driver beyond having custody because of love for the child. Love for the child wouldn't lead to murdering her family. There had to be something in it for all 4 Wagners in my opinion.
Yes I just recently watched that, "The Piketon Family Murders" That Patricia, who is the one talking to HR in those FB Messenger texts according to RS's testimony, couldn't say enough good things about FW. She repeatedly said what a wonderful person she's been to her and others. (When I heard it was her account supposedly hacked, I did think humm I wonder if it was?)

GW4's sister-in-law was also interviewed on that program. She had some interesting things to say about JW including that in anger he said he would kill HR.

Snipped and BBM

This just sent chills up my spine. I'd forgotten about this and that someone also tried to pry open Geneva's door.

Let's just say for a moment the masked man was GW4, whatever for would he want to bother or scare SR or KR2, at that point in all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot