OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballistic evidence at Chris Seniors:

30 caliber rifle bullet fragments
Metallic cartridge military style round 7.62 cartridge
Heavier weight

Glock 40 caliber firearm
Bullet fragments
A casing from 40 caliber cartridge

Found in living room, front porch, and bullet in dirt under house

At Dana's:

22 long rifle shell casing recovered under crib in Hanna's bedroom.
Same weapon used at Frankie's.

Footprints found at Chris Sr's and at Dana's. Left prints. Size 10.5 and 11
matching the Walmart shoes Angela purchased.

(Scheiderer cross examination)

I must have missed that article or the vid of the cross examination. Would you mind posting a link? TYA The 40 is the shell that GR's Dad spoke about. 22LR is the most popular ammo sold, hope they found the matching firearm.

I must have missed that article or the vid of the cross examination. Would you mind posting a link? TYA The 40 is the shell that GR's Dad spoke about. 22LR is the most popular ammo sold, hope they found the matching firearm.

2nd video down gives Lead BCI Special Agent Scheiderer's full testimony on the stand.
Go to this link:

George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details

George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details
Motion to set bond in George Wagner's case reveals a look at the evidence Monday, August 31st 2020 (WKRC)

Wagner's attorney, Rick Nash, questioned BCI Agent Ryan Scheiderer about the evidence collected that tied his client to the homicides.

"An hour and a half ago, I felt like stopping this to remind the court this isn't about Jake Wagner, it's not about Angela Wagner. It's about George," Nash said. "If there is a case, it's about Jake Wagner and Angela Wagner."

Scheiderer described some of the evidence collected throughout the course of the investigation, including evidence about firearms used in the homicides and guns believed to be owned by the Wagners, including a .22-caliber long rifle, a .40-caliber handgun and a .30-caliber gun.

"Through the course of our investigation, we uncovered information that the defendant was fond of Glock firearms and was known as a Glock man. And we also have information that he was in possession of at least one .30-caliber rifle that is a potential contributor to the evidence that we found at one of the murder scenes," Scheiderer said.

Last edited:
Thank you CC. I missed that one entirely. Interesting information.

------------------------------

It seems possible the evidence points to 3 weapons used. There was either a casing for the third at another death scene or some other ballistic evidence to reveal that it was used. Also possible that something about the third weapon shows up in digital evidence - security cam video, texts/emails, etc. We'll probably find out before too long.

It seems possible the evidence points to 3 weapons used. There was either a casing for the third at another death scene or some other ballistic evidence to reveal that it was used. Also possible that something about the third weapon shows up in digital evidence - security cam video, texts/emails, etc. We'll probably find out before too long.

The agent said they have a photo of a hand holding a Walther Colt 1911.22 and that they used a digital scan of the hand in that photo and matched it with JW's palm print. Agent also stated that the model 1911 identifies itself on the spent shell casing using a unique firing pin shape. Did I recall that accurately? I haven't listened to the testimony in about a month.

The agent said they have a photo of a hand holding a Walther Colt 1911.22 and that they used a digital scan of the hand in that photo and matched it with JW's palm print. Agent also stated that the model 1911 identifies itself on the spent shell casing using a unique firing pin shape. Did I recall that accurately? I haven't listened to the testimony in about a month.

22 caliber shell casings found in copious amounts on 260 Peterson road property match the 22 shell casings found at Dana's and Frankie's.

The Walther Colt 1911.22 handgun:

This specific firearm produces a unique firing pin impression on their casings not seen by the BCI lab before. This was all confirmed directly with the Walther firearm company. The Wagners are not smart about guns after all.

Peterson Rd. searches:

1st search found 2 shell casings.
2nd search found 10 shell casings.
3rd search used heavy equipment to sift through ground and pull up old casings.
Multiple numerous buried casings were recovered.

(Special Agent Scheiderer cross examination testimony August 31st, 2020)

Last edited:

Yes, they seem to have plenty of evidence for that weapon. Second mention was Gary Rhoden's dad's remark about the second type of shell at CR1's, also preliminary AR's mentioning 2 types of bullets/projectiles, whatever you call 'em, one larger. Third is the mention of fragments of a third type of bullet. That's 3 guns, maybe the third gun linked to one of the killers through security cam video, digital evidence, etc.

Yes, they seem to have plenty of evidence for that weapon. Second mention was Gary Rhoden's dad's remark about the second type of shell at CR1's, also preliminary AR's mentioning 2 types of bullets/projectiles, whatever you call 'em, one larger. Third is the mention of fragments of a third type of bullet. That's 3 guns, maybe the third gun linked to one of the killers through security cam video, digital evidence, etc.

Evidence of 3 guns used. My guess is Jake used the 1911.22 Walther Colt.

GW4 attorney:
Can you explain to the court what you have in regard to ballistic information?

Scheiderer:
We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders.

GW4 Attorney:
And they were?

Scheiderer:
A 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber.

Someone pointed out their opinion on the thread that "long rifle" is referring to ammunition.

.22 Long Rifle

The .22 Long Rifle or simply .22 LR is a long-established variety of .22 caliber rimfire ammunition, and in terms of units sold is still by far the most common ammunition in the world today. It is used in a wide range of rifles, pistols, revolvers, smoothbore shotguns, and even submachine guns.

Last edited:
Any news on the trials or does anyone on here knows someone that would tells us how each of the accused is doing after being locked up for nearly two years????

Well GW4 has his new attorney now.

09/29/2020 ENTRY APPOINTING COUNSEL -- THE MOTION OF CHARLES H KNIGHT TO WITHDRAW AS COUNSEL IS WELL TAKEN AND IS GRANTED;

IT IS THE ORDER OF THE COURT THAT ATTORNEY JOHN PATRICK PARKER IS APPOINTED AS LEAD COUNSEL TO REPRESENT DEFENDANT IN THIS MATTER

And wouldn't it be great to get a trial date, yes they usually push them back but still be great to get one for Jake.

Special prosecutor Angie Canepa said she would like to have a trial date set for Jake Wagner when both sides meet again on Oct. 29. Canepa made it clear his case is the first case the state wants to take to trial.

Today is GW4's 29th birthday.

Two years ago today, AW told him she was proud of him (on FB, still can be seen).

Arrests were made 37 days later. Happy day for so many of us!!

Angela will be turning 50 in jail next week, October 15th.

Since we have discussed Wagner employment a lot I thought it interesting to note that when Angela and Billy got married they both claimed to be self employed.

Marriage License announcement January 18th, 1991 - scroll down

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/img_0659-jpg.226722/

From Chillicothe Gazette

Angela will be turning 50 in jail next week, October 15th.

Since we have discussed Wagner employment a lot I thought it interesting to note that when Angela and Billy got married they both claimed to be self employed.

Marriage License announcement January 18th, 1991 - scroll down

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/img_0659-jpg.226722/

From Chillicothe Gazette

I remember seeing that on your post about this on Media & Timeline. IIRC, they had separate addresses on Loys Run Road.

I remember seeing that on your post about this on Media & Timeline. IIRC, they had separate addresses on Loys Run Road.

Just a walk down the Rd. from each other, if not next door neighbors.

Angela won't be able to receive birthday cards this year. I am surprised her ban on mail has lasted this long, over a year now. Must be good reason.

There was some type of communication between Angie and Rita through the mail at least once, Canepa said Rita sent Angie a letter, so maybe that is why her mail got suspended along with the phone calls...?
... 2 Cents

Last edited:
Just a walk down the Rd. from each other, if not next door neighbors.

Angela won't be able to receive birthday cards this year. I am surprised her ban on mail has lasted this long, over a year now. Must be good reason.

There was some type of communication between Angie and Rita through the mail at least once so maybe that is why her mail got suspended along with the phone calls.

Yes, but she is allowed to receive books directly from a third party, right? Like Amazon? Wonder what she reads about?

Yes, but she is allowed to receive books directly from a third party, right? Like Amazon? Wonder what she reads about?

Yes, 3rd party:

DEFENDANT IS PERMITTED TO RECEIVE MAIL, IN THE FORM OF MAGAZINES OR BOOKS, WHICH IS DELIVERED TO HER BY A THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER, SUCH AS AMAZON....

DEFENDANT IS PERMITTED TO COMMUNICATE WITH HER ATTORNEYS AND THEIR AGENTS BY TELEPHONE AND MAIL.

I assume this:

ANY ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WITH THE DESCRIBED PROHIBITED PARTIES WILL RESULT IN A REVOCATION OF ALL PHONE AND MAIL PRIVILEGES UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF THE CASE.

would only include her books and magazines because her attorneys are the only ones she is allowed to talk to by phone and she needs to have access to them of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm