GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George 4 Supplemental Discovery from today

Thanks for attaching the discovery docs by the Prosecutors dated 4/28/21.

IMO, I think George needs to thank JW's defense for today's delivery as I think this discovery production was in response to JW's April 12 hearing for "put up or shut up." It's a good start -- but I think there's probably more coming. MOO

ETA: In a perfect world, both the prosecution and defense exchange discovery without much prompting by the court. In this case, both sides have been tardy and required prompting by the court. I'm still expecting the prosecution to deliver more specifics relevant to Rule 404(B) discovery (prior acts), and not simply notice of intent to introduce alleged prior acts.

Last edited:
Thanks for attaching the discovery docs by the Prosecutors dated 4/28/21.

IMO, I think George needs to thank JW's defense for today's delivery as this discovery production was part of JW's April 12 hearing for "put up or shut up."
It's a good start -- I think there's probably more coming. MOO

The clerk told me that she believed that this was filed for all 4 W's (a while ago) so she just sent me one copy.

FW's name is certainly mentioned a lot.

The article is such a sad story to read but shows just how close this family is/was. I do wish however that the Manley and Gilley families would be included in some of these articles, (not this particular one) :(

Snipped:

" Sometime in the next few days, Tony Rhoden will climb into his pickup truck and drive out to Scioto Burial Park to freshen up the flowers in the vases on his family’s headstone and spread some mulch around its concrete base."

Rhoden family murders: Tony Rhoden still grieving in Pike County

MOO
I'm not a defender of JW and I certainly despise him for his actions. However, I don't believe he had any control over the court date selected for the plea. I can see the prosecutors wanting the date selected, as it was the 5th anniversary of the deaths and the beginning of the end for the Ws.

JMO
I know the plea agreement was approved by the families as well so maybe they also okayed the date and wanted that date. I wouldn't think anyone would allow the date to be something that would cause more pain for the victims families. Maybe that date was selected to help with closure. Him saying he was guilty on the anniversary of the crime.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/crime/2021/04/28/rhoden-family-murders-pike-county-jake-wagner-whats-next/7365921002/

To say the day in court was gut-wrenching is an understatement, Tony Rhoden said.

It was, the 53-year-old said, the most difficult day he’s had in court since the Wagners were arrested on Nov. 13, 2018. With an unflinching strength, Tony stared at the 28-year-old who stood before him and admitted to killing so many people he loved, including Hanna Mae Rhoden, the mother of Jake Wagner’s daughter, who is now 7.

“People use the word monster a lot,” Tony said. “And I looked at him and saw a monster.”

But, he said, he felt it when Jake Wagner choked up a couple of times during the hearing. And it made him wonder after all this time: What changed?

He has held out for five long years. So many lies. So much pain. What clicked in his brain to say ‘I need to make this right?’” Tony wonders. "Maybe there's a human being under all that after all."

I know the plea agreement was approved by the families as well so maybe they also okayed the date and wanted that date. I wouldn't think anyone would allow the date to be something that would cause more pain for the victims families. Maybe that date was selected to help with closure. Him saying he was guilty on the anniversary of the crime.

Date was selected by the prosecution - family likes it. Jake has no power. He cannot pick his prison he cannot pick his court dates.

Prosecutor Junk said it was no coincidence they were in court for the guilty plea on this anniversary.

"This has been a long time coming," Junk said. "They're happy to get some justice, especially on this particular day" he said of the Rhoden, Gilley and Manley families.

"Tony Rhoden" link from poster Caylee Advocate above.

Last edited:
Can we discuss, what does that wording mean - inmate request.
Inmates wanted to talk or LE wanted to talk to inmates ?

They are Federal Prison Inmate Information Requests

2 Federal inmates did transactions on 7-5-16. One page in evidence for each inmate.

Transactions could involve phones, e-mails, commissary $ account, mail sent by an inmate or the inmate received a postcard, letter or package.

A different type of transaction is when a visitor brings an inmate contraband, like a personal cell phone, cigarettes, drugs...etc... There is some type of exchange (transaction) between them.

...2 Cents...

Last edited:
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/crime/2021/04/28/rhoden-family-murders-pike-county-jake-wagner-whats-next/7365921002/

To say the day in court was gut-wrenching is an understatement, Tony Rhoden said.

It was, the 53-year-old said, the most difficult day he’s had in court since the Wagners were arrested on Nov. 13, 2018. With an unflinching strength, Tony stared at the 28-year-old who stood before him and admitted to killing so many people he loved, including Hanna Mae Rhoden, the mother of Jake Wagner’s daughter, who is now 7.

“People use the word monster a lot,” Tony said. “And I looked at him and saw a monster.”

But, he said, he felt it when Jake Wagner choked up a couple of times during the hearing. And it made him wonder after all this time: What changed?

He has held out for five long years. So many lies. So much pain. What clicked in his brain to say ‘I need to make this right?’” Tony wonders. "Maybe there's a human being under all that after all."

Thanks for summarizing the article.:) Sadly, the Columbus Dispatch won't let view any of their articles.

Tony Rhoden is a pretty amazing person, I sense he is one of the rocks of their family. He is always by Miss Geneva's side as well representing their family so wisely and eloquently.

Thanks for summarizing the article.:) Sadly, the Columbus Dispatch won't let view any of their articles.

Tony Rhoden is a pretty amazing person, I sense he is one of the rocks of their family. He is always by Miss Geneva's side as well representing their family so wisely and eloquently.

You are very welcome. Yes, it sucks to have to pay to read news. Tony is a good guy, one who would truly give you the "shirt off his back" :) Ms. Geneva raised them right.

We are live.. and LOUD on feed! Staff is just now walking in.

ETA: Folks in the gallery are now walking by camera.

ETA: He's in the court.... ALL RISE!!! Please be seated 2:20 pm

His lawyers should have smacked him in the head with a shovel for thinking that showing up in court wearing a leather vest after his own brother sold him down the river was a good idea. This family, in my opinion, think that they are a LOT more badass than they actually are.

His lawyers should have smacked him in the head with a shovel for thinking that showing up in court wearing a leather vest after his own brother sold him down the river was a good idea. This family, in my opinion, think that they are a LOT more badass than they actually are.
He looks like he has lost some weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members