GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO
I'm not a defender of JW and I certainly despise him for his actions. However, I don't believe he had any control over the court date selected for the plea. I can see the prosecutors wanting the date selected, as it was the 5th anniversary of the deaths and the beginning of the end for the Ws.

JMO

Last edited:
CC, I agree with you regarding RN. I think she was totally blindsided. IMO, AW forged RN's signature and notarized the docs by helping herself to RN's stamp/seal.

Yes I believe 100% that Angela forged her mom's signature and stole her notary official stamp. The stamp has to go with the signature for it to look "real."

RN not only was blindsided but she was strongly manipulated into saying she notarized the documents. For this she sat on house arrest for a year!

What I think may have happened is RN saw her trial coming up and was at a crisis point. Go through with trial or stand up to Angie.

She decided to let Angie sink or swim on her own and called her attorney.
(just my take on it)
She tells her attorney the whole story and the attorney contacts the prosecution and the prosecution then sends RN's signature to a hand writing expert who said it wasn't her handwriting.

It seems like the prosecution did not test RN's signature/handwriting at the beginning.
If they had they would have seen it wasn't her handwriting and thus they would not have charged her for fraud.

My assumption on this is that Rita told BCI before her arrest that it was her signature on the documents so her signature wasn't tested.

I just don't know how else she could have been brought up on forgery charges for signing fake documents that she never really signed.

Yes I believe 100% that Angela forged her mom's signature and stole her notary official stamp. The stamp has to go with the signature for it to look "real."

RN not only was blindsided but she was strongly manipulated into saying she notarized the documents. For this she sat on house arrest for a year!

What I think may have happened is RN saw her trial coming up and was at a crisis point. Go through with trial or stand up to Angie.

She decided to let Angie sink or swim on her own and called her attorney.
(just my take on it)
She tells her attorney the whole story and the attorney contacts the prosecution and the prosecution then sends RN's signature to a hand writing expert who said it wasn't her handwriting.

It seems like the prosecution did not test RN's signature/handwriting at the beginning.
If they had they would have seen it wasn't her handwriting and thus they would not have charged her for fraud.

My assumption on this is that Rita told BCI before her arrest that it was her signature on the documents so her signature wasn't tested.

I just don't know how else she could have been brought up on forgery charges for signing fake documents that she never really signed.

Was RN taking care of her mother at the time?

AW kept putting her mom on the spot with recorded phone conversations that even involved RN's mom iirc.

My biggest question is WHO paid for RN's lawyer. There was no electric in one residence but 'somehow' RN was able to pay for her lawyer?

It seems more likely, that 'someone' else paid for RN's lawyer but why?

She should have easily qualified for a court appointed lawyer so why did someone pay for her lawyer.

Was RN taking care of her mother at the time?

AW kept putting her mom on the spot with recorded phone conversations that even involved RN's mom iirc.

My biggest question is WHO paid for RN's lawyer. There was no electric in one residence but 'somehow' RN was able to pay for her lawyer?

It seems more likely, that 'someone' else paid for RN's lawyer but why?

She should have easily qualified for a court appointed lawyer so why did someone pay for her lawyer.

RN was taking care of her mom before she was arrested. She said she spent alot of time over there to care for her. So she decided to do her house arrest at her mother's house.

And someone paid her Bond right away. No languishing in jail.

I was surprised that she used her own attorney instead of a court appointed lawyer.
I'm thinking her mom paid or a close friend or her son pitched in.
I can't think of anyone besides family and close friends.

Whoever paid really cares about her and wanted her to get the best representation.

Good for her!

Soooo. Can we take it that Jake killed Hannah R, Hanna G (Both of whom he struggled not to burst out laughing in the judge's face about) Dana, Chris Jr and Frankie? I believe it. He absolutely loved killing Hannah and Hanna. It was his greatest joy and fondest memory. The woman he groomed from 13 years of age and the woman he saw as taking her away by hooking her up with her (Hanna G's) brother. Like I said, Jake was at Dana's last and Hannah Mae was the last to die after he told her how many of her family he had already killed. Total textbook psychopathic behavior.

JMO

No way he woke anyone up.

Too much of a coward to face anyone.

He did it like a coward does it, when he had the most control over the victims by sneaking in under the cover of darkness and killing people where they lay sleeping.

His plan failed - that he would outsmart LE and not get arrested.

His 2nd plan failed - to outsmart the prosecution and not get convicted.

Well the prosecution outsmarted him. He knew and his attorneys told him that there was too much evidence against him and that he would be convicted and then that same jury would condem him to death.

He only took a plea for the same reason everyone else does.
He was afraid of getting the death penalty plain and simple.
It was a plea for his life.

...2 Cents...Make that 4 Cents...

Last edited:
G4 could try to say that JW is lying about the extent of his involvement or that he was forced to participate. I doubt either will fly but it could depend on which liar the jurors believe more.

One juror could decide Jake is lying.

But George will still be convicted because there is enough evidence against George without Jake's testimony.

Could there be a hung jury? Yes. Will there be a hung jury? No.

Opinion Only

One juror could decide Jake is lying.

But George will still be convicted because there is enough evidence against George without Jake's testimony.

Could there be a hung jury, yes. Will there be a hung jury, no.

Opinion only
I did not imply he would not be convicted and I believe he will. If he is looking at 80 to 100 years anyway he may just take his chances and try to spin it however they can unless he gets a good plea deal.

I did not imply he would not be convicted and I believe he will. If he is looking at 80 to 100 years anyway he may just take his chances and try to spin it however they can unless he gets a good plea deal.

I never said you were implying anything.

My opinion was about what could happen if a juror thinks Jake is lying.

Which I think wouldn't stop the juror from seeing all the evidence against George and subsequently voting to convict.

I never said you were implying anything.

My opinion was about what could happen if a juror thinks Jake is lying.

Which I think wouldn't stop the juror from seeing all the evidence against George and subsequently voting to convict.

I was speaking of strategy in my remark and not convictions. Perhaps that is where the disconnect is.

MOO
I'm not a defender of JW and I certainly despise him for his actions. However, I don't believe he had any control over the court date selected for the plea. I can see the prosecutors wanting the date selected, as the 5th anniversary of the deaths and the beginning of the end for the Ws.

JMO
No way he woke anyone up.

Too much of a coward to face anyone.

He did it like a coward does it, when he had the most control over the victims by sneaking in under the cover of darkness and killing people where they lay sleeping.

His plan failed - that he would outsmart LE and not get arrested.

His 2nd plan failed - to outsmart the prosecution and not get convicted.

Well the prosecution outsmarted him. He knew and his attorneys told him that there was too much evidence against him and that he would be convicted and then that same jury would condem him to death.

He only took a plea for the same reason everyone else does.
He was afraid of getting the death penalty plain and simple.
It was a plea for his life.

...2 Cents...Make that 4 Cents...

They all failed to account for LM, because he called it from the outset, in one of his interviews, concerning the custody dispute..jmo

I finally get to shorten this up a bit....

Wednesday, April 28th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 6/30/20 reference post #925 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

6/30/20: An envelope which contains 2 motions & 2 journal entries field under seal with the Judge of Court. Ordered that the Clerk of Courts shall hold the contents of envelope under seal. And envelope shall not be opened & the contents shall not be disclosed, except under order of this court or upon the order of a court of jurisdiction superior to this court. Motions (#58 & #59) & bond review hearing on 8/31/20.
8/31/20 Update: Motion re bond hearing. State will provide no evidence. Will have Agent Scheider testify about recordings? Defense attorney Rick Nash called Ryan Scheider to stand, he was sworn in. Asked if he was special agent at time of murder, what he did. He took over as lead. Mike someone was lead for first 6 months or so, then he took over as lead. For more see:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56
posts #s 943, 944, 946, 948, 954 & 955
and posts #972 & 977 here:
Also article:
George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details
Judge Randy Deering denied the request for bond from GW4 after hearing two hours of testimony from the lead BCI agent on the case.

9/9/20: Entry: Extending time for State's Motion to File Notice of intent to use other acts of violence-new date agreed up 12/31/20. 9/17/20: Motion to withdraw as counsel for defendant filed attorney Charles H. Knight. New attorney Anthony Sewell.
10/1/20: Hearing (8/31/20) on defendant's Motion #59-order requiring the prosecution to provide transcript of audio recordings it intends to introduce at trial-granted. To be provide to defense by 12/31/20. And defendant's Motion #60-seeking an order compelling the State of Ohio to provide the defendant with all forensic evidence and/or reports-granted. To be provided to the defendant by 9/30/20. Counsel for the State of Ohio is directed to prepare, circulate a& submit to the Court for approval a proposed Journal Entry denying the Defendant's motion (#58) requesting that the Defendant be released on bail & granting the State of Ohio's motion that the Defendant be held without bail.
1/22/21: Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items. Motion #62: Motion to revoke D. Andrew Wilson's appointment of special prosecuting attorney. Motion #63: Motion to require the government to reveal any agreement, conditional or otherwise, with any prosecution witness including LE officers that could influence his or her testimony. Motion #64: Motion to compel the production of transcripts of audio recordings the State intends to use at the trial. Motion #65: Motion to compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B).
2/19/21: Motion (#66) to set pretrial hearing filed by Richard M. Nash, Jr. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.
3/25/21 Update: Motion #67: Defendant's motion to exclude evidence (Discovery violation) filed by John P. Parker. Motion #68: Defendant's motion to dispose critical witness pursuant to Crim. R. 15 filed by John P. Parker. Next motion hearing (on bolded above) on 4/28/21.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges. No sentencing date set as of 4/28/21.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 49)Evidentiary hearing on 4/5/21. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – Pretrial Motions hearing 6/24/20. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 78) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

It will be interesting to see what happens today.

Do you think Jake ( or any of them ) was high on something when he did this?
It almost seems like he (or all) had manic behavior. Enhanced by some drug?
No, IMO, it was driven by pure vengeance, family cultivated. IMO, Billy learned this from his mother. Then Angie just fit the bill of his mother figure. They were going to get custody of that child no matter what. It's just mindboggling how not just 1 but 4 in the same family moved forward with this. That not one had any semblance of what they were plotting. I do believe also the Wagner monies played a huge part for Angie. She wanted to be sure she herself would be taken care of thru the childs inheritance.

Back to RN's lawyer.

Didn't the list of prior acts state that the W's would pay for 'other' peoples lawyers to protect the W's?

Didn't it say they would intimidate or threaten witnesses to not work with the prosecution?

I think the W's paid for RN's lawyer (JMO) to cover up for them. I would imagine that RN didn't want her daughter and grandchildren in prison but she was probably terrified as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966