GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. He has nothing to lose at this point, other than having his brother spend days on the stand publically outing him.

If one gun can be proven to belong to him, has his fingerprints on the gun and possible blood splatter then the gun charges alone might get him life. I would still take a chance but that is just me.

I don't know if being in Pike County would hurt him or help him with a jury.

If George goes to trial yes this is what it will be....Jake saying George was there that night and George saying no he wasn't there Jake is lying.

Would the jury believe George or Jake?

So does the death penalty still come off if GW4 goes to trial????

Maybe if one juror doesn't believe Jake, George could get a mistrial.

Takes only one for a mistrial.....just say

If George goes to trial yes this is what it will be....Jake saying George was there that night and George saying no he wasn't there Jake is lying.

Would the jury believe George or Jake?

Maybe if one juror doesn't believe Jake, George could get a mistrial.

Takes only one for a mistrial.....just saying

I know very little also, so I agree.
Anyone more familiar than we are?
Who can comment -
Now what about Gary.
It was described as a muzzle placed very close to the head, I believe.
Does a 22 have what is considered a muzzle or would a muzzle be one of the other two guns.

In the preliminary autopsy reports, Gary was reportedly shot with a larger caliber weapon.

We need someone to put together a table with this information so we don't have to keep going over it again and again. Maybe someone can do that tomorrow. Some of this information is still unknown.

In the preliminary autopsy reports, Gary was reportedly shot with a larger caliber weapon.

We need someone to put together a table with this information so we don't have to keep going over it again and again. Maybe someone can do that tomorrow. Some of this information is still unknown.

Didn't GR's dad state the caliber? I think he did but I am not going to say it so that I don't mix anything up.

I don't think he even has feels for himself. A psychopath has no feels. It's all a game and in the end, he won. He got to be center stage. He's already settled in for the long haul. He'll have a crew in state with other murderers. Birds of a feather. He doesn't even feel for his own family. I read, I think in the article I posted, that JAKE decided when it was time to move to AK. I think his mother was missing her granddaughter and he manipulated her and the others into going along with him. It seems he's the only one smart enough to fool with tech stuff too. His confession was theater.

Absolutely agree with you RSD. Just like he was the star of the show five years ago with news reporters chasing him around begging him for an interview, hanging on his every word and move. Just like he was the star of the show 4-22-2021 with his live victims and reporters was hanging onto his every word his every "I am Guilty Your Honor" and his smirks. barely squashed outright laughter at the mention of Hannah Mae. True psycho we should all be terrified of including anyone who is unfortunate enough to find themselves his cell mate or yard mates.

JMO

I just thought of another reliable $$ source that dried up in AK., being able to depend on getting work at FWF.

We know Billy was taking a horse to the vet when arrested and Jake said he drove a truck with his brother and worked on the family farm. Well farm might mean Peterson Rd but the point is that the FWF was right there if funds were tight etc...

Without the Patriarch FW probably needed them even more, that is a mammoth property with an incredible amount of improvements and buildings.

Then maybe this is why they took 2 cars. 2 cars double your chances of being seen so they had to have a good reason for bringing it.

They bought one for that night so I have to wonder what was the other one?
Good catch about the 2 cars. You may be onto something there. Sharp eye. jmo

There are 3 women's prisons in Ohio.

There are 6X's more men's prisons - around 20. Plus 3 men's private prisons.

Interesting that one men's prison is in Lucasville in Scioto County. This prison is surprisingly close to FWF.
Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville Ohio.
This is a Maximum Security Prison for men.

upload_2021-4-27_23-11-19.png

Opinion
I think it is a real possibility George or Billy could request this prison to be near FWF and considering this is a maximum prison they might have a chance. I do believe they will be assigned to a maximum prison but not the same one of course.

We know why Jake can't be assigned the same prison as Billy and George, but I also find it unlikely that Billy and George will be remanded to the same facility.

Reason? Escape risk. The Wagners are on recordings saying they will try to break each other out of jail. What this does is it tags their files as an inmate who poses an escape risk.

Because the Wagners discussed helping each other break out of jail it would be risky letting them be together in prison. Another interesting thing is the prison looks at the area they are from.

Sometimes they won't put an inmate in a prison near their home area due to possible bad influences (from when they committed their crimes) and if the inmate is an escape risk local family and friends could possibly help their escape.

The DOC is very vigilant about assessing escape risk.

Southern Ohio Correctional Facility - Prisonroster
Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction - Wikipedia

ODRC > Home

Last edited:
They are in separate jails but I was referring to when they go to prison.

JW may have asked to be placed in a prison near Pike County so he can have friends visit.
He may have asked for his family to be placed in N. Ohio or not in his prison. Iirc, they made threats to each other that if any of them told on the rest that they would physically harm them or take them out.

I'm sorry that my post was unclear. My point was that the penal system will most likely continue to house the family in separate facilities after they're sentenced to prison -- just as they have been pretrial. And sorry, this decision will not likely take into account Jakes wishes or the wishes of any of his family members!

Take note that it's not unconstitutional for notorious inmates -- lifers especially, to be exported outside of Ohio to another state and I will not be surprised if one or more of the Wagners are exported given the horrific nature of their crime.

Inmates are the burden of the dept of corrections and the housing decision is based on what's best for the state facility and the safety and welfare of the inmate population.

For example, Chris Watts (who murdered his wife and children in Colorado) was exported to Wisconsin -- not by choice. Jake Patterson (kidnapped Jayme Closs and murdered her parents in Wisconsin) is housed in New Mexico. After the Menendez brothers convicted and sentenced, they too were separated for more than 22 years before Lyle was moved to San Diego where the inmates were reunited for the first time.

FAQs: Transfers

Last edited:
True. It was obvious the other day that he enjoyed the show he was putting on.

I do think he knew he had to make a plea deal because, in spite of some missing pieces of evidence, the state had enough to convict him. They may have had a more difficult time convicting some of the others, but they were probably going to convict Jake. At heart, even sociopaths are cowards when it comes to their own lives. Jake didn't want to face a death penalty, so he made a deal. No doubt, though, he enjoyed the show. He enjoyed inflicting further pain on the surviving family members and he still sees himself as a celebrity. And he doesn't regret any of the murders, nor does he regret turning on his own family.

I agree. All the smiles, smirks, chuckles, laughter, preening, strutting he did in court over the last 2 + years makes sense to us all after that stellar performance he put on 4-22. Remember we all could never figure out why he smiled, smirked, preened and laughed in front of the judge. We all (myself included) at times blamed it on nerves, tics, stress. Now on 4-22 we actually got to see a little inside the mind of Jake Wagner. He did it all because he still had living victims to torture and like a quote out of some long forgotten movie( Clint Eastwood maybe?) "It ain't over till I say it's over". I think he is going to grant many interviews in prison to stay the STAR of a show that was his all the way from start to finish. I also think he is going to have authors clambering for interviews for books, movies ect. And I think he is going to grant every single one of them. After all he is the star celebrity.

JMO

I agree. All the smiles, smirks, chuckles, laughter, preening, strutting he did in court over the last 2 + years makes sense to us all after that stellar performance he put on 4-22. Remember we all could never figure out why he smiled, smirked, preened and laughed in front of the judge. We all (myself included) at times blamed it on nerves, tics, stress. Now on 4-22 we actually got to see a little inside the mind of Jake Wagner. He did it all because he still had living victims to torture and like a quote out of some long forgotten movie( Clint Eastwood maybe?) "It ain't over till I say it's over". I think he is going to grant many interviews in prison to stay the STAR of a show that was his all the way from start to finish. I also think he is going to have authors clambering for interviews for books, movies ect. And I think he is going to grant every single one of them. After all he is the star celebrity.

JMO

BBM

Good. Tony Rhoden will be in charge of every single penny.

I'm sorry that my post was unclear. My point was that the penal system will most likely continue to house the family in separate facilities after they're sentenced to prison -- just as they have been pretrial. And sorry, this decision will not likely take into account Jakes wishes or the wishes of any of his family members!

Take note that it's not unconstitutional for notorious inmates -- lifers especially, to be exported outside of Ohio to another state and I will not be surprised if one or more of the Wagners are exported given the horrific nature of their crime.

Inmates are the burden of the dept of corrections and the housing decision is based on what's best for the state facility and the safety and welfare of the inmate population.

For example, Chris Watts (who murdered his wife and children in Colorado) was exported to Wisconsin -- not by choice. Jake Patterson (kidnapped Jayme Closs and murdered her parents in Wisconsin) is housed in New Mexico. After the Menendez brothers convicted and sentenced, they too were separated for more than 22 years before Lyle was moved to San Diego where the inmates were reunited for the first time.

FAQs: Transfers

Oh I do hope he is transferred here!!! I know just the maximum security prison I hope he gets transferred to.

JMO

JMO

I think youre right. He enjoys the spotlight. But he's still a monster. He reminds me of another member of his family who likes to put on a show. Who cares nothing for the victims and their loved ones, who smirks and sneers at their suffering.

Total psychopath.

Mike Allen (Ex-Prosecutor for Hamilton County) said on Fox 19 that they would have to place JW in a different prison from the remaining W3 for his own protection.
Just jumping off your post - Three guys who are brothers that I went to school with, a few years after graduation all 3 were busted and got federal conspiracy charges regarding marijuana, etc., and all 3 of them were never once in the same prison for their entire terms, and since they were co-defendants, they were not allowed to even communicate with each other either, not even by mail, and all 3 were in prisons in different states the entire time.

JMO

ETA: Again, these were all federal charges, not state.

Last edited:
OK, TY! I appreciate the clarity.
RN would still be able to provide information as everything moves forward.
I don't think she would tell lies now, after all that she has been through.
Or maybe there is info under seal.

I am thinking Prosecutors do not readily publicize all they have in their back pocket as evidence. Look how Canepa would delay and delay turning info over to defense. I feel sure there are details we do not know. Remember under seal.
Could include info from Rita. Maybe not.
Ok, done with Rita

Now, Look at the dates here

Edward “Jake” Wagner’s defense attorneys question evidence in Pike County massacre case

We now know Canep began to put together the plea deal on 4/12.
I am willing to bet she provided or intimated in one on one conversations with Jakes attorney that the State held additional damaging info/ evidence.
Jakes ttorney could not have advised him to accept the deal without strong reason to believe prosecutors had a very solid case.
Nor could it be offered to the other 3W's and assume their attorney would advise their client to accept the deal unless their attorney felt it was appropriate. The death penalty and secondary attorney in each case has a very high standard (and is scrutinized carefully) regarding advice to their client.

In all due respect. How do we know Jakes attorneys advised him to plead guilty? I think he told them he was going to. His attorneys can beg, plead, advise all they want to but in the end it is their client's right to call all the shots in his case, including pleading guilty to all charges if he wants to or take any plea deal he wants to. The attorneys have to go along with every single decision their client makes in his own case whether they like it or not. So, they didn't tell Jake not to plead guilty, he told them he was going to plead guilty and as part of the plea deal, (I have no evidence of this so is pure speculation) he even got the exact day he wanted to stand up in court and play out his great finale 4-22-2021.

JMO

BCI agent said that the 22 killed DR,HR,CRjr,FR,HG.
Soooo. Can we take it that Jake killed Hannah R, Hanna G (Both of whom he struggled not to burst out laughing in the judge's face about) Dana, Chris Jr and Frankie? I believe it. He absolutely loved killing Hannah and Hanna. It was his greatest joy and fondest memory. The woman he groomed from 13 years of age and the woman he saw as taking her away by hooking her up with her (Hanna G's) brother. Like I said, Jake was at Dana's last and Hannah Mae was the last to die after he told her how many of her family he had already killed. Total textbook psychopathic behavior.

JMO

I think the Colorado supermax would be another perfect place.

The view is too good for JW -- besides, it's a federal prison.

Often referred to as the "Alcatraz of the Rockies," houses nearly 400 of the world's most dangerous criminals.

The compound is designed with the highest level of security in mind, keeping its prisoners in solitary confinement for at least 23 hours a day.

Infamous Inmates of Colorado's Supermax Prison

I finally get to shorten this up a bit....

Wednesday, April 28th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 6/30/20 reference post #925 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

6/30/20: An envelope which contains 2 motions & 2 journal entries field under seal with the Judge of Court. Ordered that the Clerk of Courts shall hold the contents of envelope under seal. And envelope shall not be opened & the contents shall not be disclosed, except under order of this court or upon the order of a court of jurisdiction superior to this court. Motions (#58 & #59) & bond review hearing on 8/31/20.
8/31/20 Update: Motion re bond hearing. State will provide no evidence. Will have Agent Scheider testify about recordings? Defense attorney Rick Nash called Ryan Scheider to stand, he was sworn in. Asked if he was special agent at time of murder, what he did. He took over as lead. Mike someone was lead for first 6 months or so, then he took over as lead. For more see:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56
posts #s 943, 944, 946, 948, 954 & 955
and posts #972 & 977 here:
Also article:
George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details
Judge Randy Deering denied the request for bond from GW4 after hearing two hours of testimony from the lead BCI agent on the case.

9/9/20: Entry: Extending time for State's Motion to File Notice of intent to use other acts of violence-new date agreed up 12/31/20. 9/17/20: Motion to withdraw as counsel for defendant filed attorney Charles H. Knight. New attorney Anthony Sewell.
10/1/20: Hearing (8/31/20) on defendant's Motion #59-order requiring the prosecution to provide transcript of audio recordings it intends to introduce at trial-granted. To be provide to defense by 12/31/20. And defendant's Motion #60-seeking an order compelling the State of Ohio to provide the defendant with all forensic evidence and/or reports-granted. To be provided to the defendant by 9/30/20. Counsel for the State of Ohio is directed to prepare, circulate a& submit to the Court for approval a proposed Journal Entry denying the Defendant's motion (#58) requesting that the Defendant be released on bail & granting the State of Ohio's motion that the Defendant be held without bail.
1/22/21: Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items. Motion #62: Motion to revoke D. Andrew Wilson's appointment of special prosecuting attorney. Motion #63: Motion to require the government to reveal any agreement, conditional or otherwise, with any prosecution witness including LE officers that could influence his or her testimony. Motion #64: Motion to compel the production of transcripts of audio recordings the State intends to use at the trial. Motion #65: Motion to compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B).
2/19/21: Motion (#66) to set pretrial hearing filed by Richard M. Nash, Jr. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.
3/25/21 Update: Motion #67: Defendant's motion to exclude evidence (Discovery violation) filed by John P. Parker. Motion #68: Defendant's motion to dispose critical witness pursuant to Crim. R. 15 filed by John P. Parker. Next motion hearing (on bolded above) on 4/28/21.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges. No sentencing date set as of 4/28/21.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 49)Evidentiary hearing on 4/5/21. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – Pretrial Motions hearing 6/24/20. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials. No update as of 4/28/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 78) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Obstruction of Justice was the 2nd Charge for FW.
Yah, I agree they could file brand new charges against FW as opposed to reinstating the same old ones.

Also agree that RN had no $$ involvement, I don't think she had any involvement. I don't think she knew anything because apparently Angie went behind her back when forging her signature instead of including her from day one.

Compare RN to FW

On the other hand FW was included. I think this because The Wagners apparently asked FW to lie to the GJ and the day prior to her GJ testimony she searched "how to lie to a GJ."

Also, they would meet together at FW's house where FW was present during some of the Wagner's conversations.

FW spoke to the press several times defending them and said she told LE who she thinks did it, thus, George's lawyer wants to get a Deposition from her in case she can't make it to trial to reveal her suspects before the Jury.

She has the money to buy things for them including buying Billy 2 bulletproof vests in different sizes in case one didn't fit his gigantic girth.

Her property was searched 2 or 3 times including scuba divers and she said they would find zero nothing.

She discussed her GJ testimony with the 4 Wagners against the Judge's orders.

She said none of them were anywhere near there (UHR) that night.

2 Cents...My point of view only.
Links for all of this have been posted many times but I will be happy to get links if anyone wants. Source: Wagner Hearings and MSM articles and FW's
Interviews on video.

CC, I agree with you regarding RN. I think she was totally blindsided. IMO, AW forged RN's signature and notarized the docs by helping herself to RN's stamp/seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA