GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they waited 6 months to conduct another interview with one of the Wagners.

That's a really long time, that's half the first year of the murder investigation. It seems like they were spending those 6 months investigating the Manleys and others. JMO
Agree, IMO.

Wonder if that is why no motions filed for her in 15 months. She told her attorneys not to because she was not going to court. Then she wanted her phone back so she let them file that motion. Then she then changed her mind again and said she was not going.

If so, it sounds like she and her husband have much in common when it comes to rebelling and working against their own best interests. Billy has fought his attorneys quite a bit. No wonder their sons were so messed up, they had juvenile delinquents for parents.

I'll make sure to watch the hearing and will try to transcribe. I have some other projects I'm working on today.

I can see that. It's just the fact that it has never been noted in the court view in all of the hearings any of them have had before. EVER
They all would be out of district. It could just be that this one time it was entered for whatever reason and the others have not been.
Just like the specific destination laid out in AW's request to travel for medical purposes last month. IMO

If so, it sounds like she and her husband have much in common when it comes to rebelling and working against their own best interests. Billy has fought his attorneys quite a bit. No wonder their sons were so messed up, they had juvenile delinquents for parents.

Well put.
Juvenile delinquents for parents.
Betty, G4 attorney may pick that description up as a defense.

That's what I thought, I had not seen it before for the others. It's significant. I'll be watching at 2 pm. Hope everyone out there is ok. Covid 19 has been hitting Pike and many of the other counties in that area pretty hard.
If this is a plea change today, I pray Ms. Geneva is able to get to the courtroom to see it in person. Hoping the same for LM and HG's mom. JMO

Wonder if that is why no motions filed for her in 15 months. She told her attorneys not to because she was not going to court. Then she wanted her phone back so she let them file that motion. Then she then changed her mind again and said she was not going.
You read my mind!

Does anybody know who the attorneys are and if they are private or public defenders?
She has had the same attorneys since her arrest. One is Robert F. Krapenc, not sure of the other one. IIRC, none of the attorneys for any of the W4 are public defenders. I believe they all are private attorneys appointed by the court. IMO

Friday will be his mother’s second court appearance since he pleaded guilty in April.

When Angela Wagner appeared before Judge Randy Deering in May, he punished her for violating his order to not have contact with co-defendants.

He prohibited her from making and receive phone calls and from writing and receiving letters.

The only exceptions to his ruling are for her defense team, investigators for the defense and mitigation experts.

The judge also expanded a no-contact order for Angela Wagner’s mother, Rita Newcomb, reiterating she may not have any interactions with her.

This was in an article I just read from fox19 news in Cincinnati regarding AW’s motion hearing today . Does anyone remember anything about AW appeared in May before Deering?

Maybe she is trying to back out of a plea deal.
Seems it has to be finalized in court with her signatures and the judge has to approve it. I am not sure on that. I remember JW signing a lot of papers the day of his.
I remember JW signing something in the courtroom at his confession hearing. I believe it was after he officially said "I am guilty, Your Honor" to every one of the charges against him.

I have also wondered if she is trying to back out of a plea change. If so, not too smart on her part--telling the prosecution you're guilty then trying to back out--Uh, you can't put the apples back on the tree, so to speak. JMO

[
Does anybody know who the attorneys are and if they are private or public defenders?

All 4 of them filed indigent in the beginning of the case. It is documented in courtview. The attorneys are all court appointed as far as I know and paid for by the State of Ohio. (tax payers) They may be private attorneys appointed by the court which can be done in cases.

-Many counties in Ohio have not created public defender offices. In these counties the court will appoint counsel, a lawyer who has applied to the court to accept cases where the person who is charged is unable to pay for his or her own lawyer. Appointed counsel are private lawyers designated by the courts to handle particular cases. Each court maintains a list of lawyers it appoints to cases. Lawyers are required to meet certain requirements to accept different types and severity of cases. These requirements include the lawyers time in criminal or juvenile practice, the number and severity of cases taken to trial, and ongoing training in criminal or juvenile law and procedure.
Appointed Counsel | Ohio Public Defender Commission

I remember JW signing something in the courtroom at his confession hearing. I believe it was after he officially said "I am guilty, Your Honor" to every one of the charges against him.

I have also wondered if she is trying to back out of a plea change. If so, not too smart on her part--telling the prosecution you're guilty then trying to back out--Uh, you can't put the apples back on the tree, so to speak. JMO

He signed several right before court also.

Friday will be his mother’s second court appearance since he pleaded guilty in April.

When Angela Wagner appeared before Judge Randy Deering in May, he punished her for violating his order to not have contact with co-defendants.

He prohibited her from making and receive phone calls and from writing and receiving letters.

The only exceptions to his ruling are for her defense team, investigators for the defense and mitigation experts.

The judge also expanded a no-contact order for Angela Wagner’s mother, Rita Newcomb, reiterating she may not have any interactions with her.

This was in an article I just read from fox19 news in Cincinnati regarding AW’s motion hearing today . Does anyone remember anything about AW appeared in May before Deering?

No she did not. I believe they have it incorrect. Things in articles are incorrect a lot of times.

An interesting tidbit from your fox19 link above: "They returned to Ohio in the spring of 2018 when they ran out of money..."

I certainly suspected this was why they came back to OH after less than a year in AK, but I don't recall it ever being specifically stated in MSM. JMO

I have seen that stated before in some articles. I am not sure if that is the only reason they came back. Once her dad died and she got a free house to live in, might have been better than paying to live in Alaska.

I'll make sure to watch the hearing and will try to transcribe. I have some other projects I'm working on today.
BBM, LOL but totally agreeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member