GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hearing has to be something big., but what? It's usually the defense that asks for a hearing...Hmm. Her lawyers can't get her to 'deal' with charges against her? Sounds like a narcissist refusing to accept that she Lost. Her mask is off but she can't accept it. Haha Armchair therapist here.

I will be looking forward to your posts when we find out what this is all about.

It's being last minute and a Warrant involved that makes me see this as unusual or serious or both.

Angela is a control freak so I wonder if she is trying to force control for herself? Hummmm.....

Like you all, I am surprised at the speed with which AW's court appearance was scheduled. It does seem like her attorneys want her to appear before BW III and IV's appearances next week.

I think her physical appearance will tell a lot. We haven't seen her in over a year. I think she has probably aged quite a bit.

IMO lots will happen in the next week.

JMO

PS - many thanks to all that have kept us updated on the legal filings (and their possible implications) on this case:)

I've read all your posts and agree it could be for a number of reasons why today AW has a Warrant to be brought to Court.
I go for her changing her plea. It's too much for her to go through a trial so she's pleading guilty, guilty, guilty yeah!

She hasn't been in court for awhile - so it's pretty long - I will shorten it up a bit now.

Friday, Sept. 10th:

*Motions Hearing (@ 2pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts of aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek the DP.
Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (age 40): Nine shots (face, torso, extremities). He suffered was an apparent defensive wound to his right forearm that shattered bone. Also, at least one bullet went through a door before hitting him.
Dana Rhoden (age 37): Five (head). Methodically shot four times around the right side of her head & a fifth time under her chin.
Hannah Gilley (age 20): Five (head). Among the five bullet wounds to Gilley was one to her left eye.
Christopher Rhoden, Jr. (age 16): Four (head). With 2 of the shots in the top of his head.
Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (age 20): Three (head). Two were “contact wounds” as indicated by soot from the gun on his skull.
Gary Rhoden (age 37): Three “contact” wounds (head). Shot twice in the head & once in the face. With one of the shots, the reports indicate the gun was pressed against the side of his head, leaving a "muzzle stain."
Hanna Mae Rhoden (19): Two (head).
Kenneth Rhoden (age 44): One shot (thru right eye).
All eight victims were shot with the gun barrel touching their skin or very, very close to it – just centimeters or inches away, the coroner determined.

Court information from 11/19/18 thru 3/14/20 reference post #1082 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

4/21/20 Update: Joint Motion to Continue Pretrial hearing on 4/23/20 due to the coronavirus-Granted. The pretrial hearing is continued to 6/24/20. 6/4/20 Update: Motion to Appoint special prosecutor filed by DA Robert Junk; Appointed special prosecutor, Angela Canepa. 6/19/20: Motion to withdraw appearance of counsel filed-Attorney: Carol Hamilton O’Brien.
6/24/20 Update: Discussed a motion from defense about discovery & changes in Ohio AG status & whether it will affect timeline. By 8/21/20 all digital & other discovery will be complete. Issue again over files given in January that were hard copy vs digital. Junk says he doesn't think the AG withdrawal will have any impact on the timeline. Then discussed the discovery meeting with hired expert/consultant & creating a searchable database. Entry appointing Special Prosecutor, D. Andrew Wilson to assist the Pike County prosecutor in the prosecution of all matters involving & arising out of this case. Court will look at providing funds to create a searchable database. By 9/8/20 discovery complete & by 10/15/20 defense must file any pretrial motions. After that they will set a date for hearings.
8/3/20 Update: Order-Upon oral motion of the defendant & agreement of parties & for good cause shown, the Court's previous order restricting defendant's phone & mail privileges is hereby amended as follows: Defendant is permitted to receive mail, in the form of magazines or books, which is delivered to her by a 3rd party provider. Provided that no communications shall accompany such books. Defendant is permitted to communicate with her attorneys & their agents by phone and mail. Any attempt to communicate directly or indirectly with the described prohibited parties will result in a revocation of all phone & mail privileges until the completion of the case.
9/4/20: Motion for extension of time for filing of notice filed by attorney Robert Junk. 9/11/20: Defendant's reply to State's Motion for extension of time & Motion to Compel discovery filed by Attorney Robert Krapenc. 9/16/20: Defendant's reply to State's motion for extension of time & motion to compel discovery filed by attorney Robert Krapenc.
9/29/20 Update: The Defendant shall serve & file all substantive pre-trial motions on or before October 15, 2020. These substantive pre-trial motions will then be scheduled for hearing. 1/15/21: Request for Court-paid expert.
2/12/21: Defendants' motion to permit travel for medical purposes filed-granted. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character). 2/22/21: Order granting the request for Court-paid expert expenses-filed & copy to Counsel.
4/22/21: Entry appointing Kathryn A. Wampler as Asst. Court reporter; oath of assistant court reporter. 4/26/21: Request for court-paid expert expenses filed. 4/28/21: State's supplemental discovery filed. 6/14/21: Motion to permit telephone contact with family filed by Robert F. Krapenc; copies filed; returned to counsel. Requests court to allow phone contact with the following members of her family: Fredericka Wagner, Robin Wagner, Chris Newcomb & Miranda “Randa” Hughes.
6/23/21: Request for Court–paid experts and/or expenses filed for Teresa Edwards, licensed private investigator from 1/1/21 to 3/31/21 ($4,882.50); 6/24/21: Request for court-paid experts and/or expenses filed. 6/24/21: Teresa Edwards, Investigator from 1/30/20 to 6/24/20 ($4760). 7/1/21: Request for court paid experts expenses filed for Betler's Reporting & Legal Video Services ($180).
7/13/21: Request for Court-paid expert expenses for James F. Crates, DP mitigation & Defense based sentencing projects from 1/17/20 to 2/18/21 ($3063.75); Request for Court-paid expert expenses for James Crate from 2/15/21 to 4/23/21 ($2,137.50) & Request for Court-paid expert expenses for Teresa Edwards, private investigator from 4/1/21 to 6/30/21 ($4,952.50). 8/23/21: Defendant's motion to permit travel for medical purposes filed by Robert Krapenc & Mark Hunt. 8/24/21: The Motion to allow travel for medical purposes is granted. The Delaware County Sheriff's office is ordered to transport Wagner from the Delaware County jail to Comfort Dental & return her to jail immediately following her appointment.
9/8/21 Update: Motions hearing on 9/10/21. 9/10/21: Warrant for removal from Delaware County jail on 9/10/21 for Motion hearing filed.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 50) – Motions hearing on 9/16/21.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges. No sentencing date set as of 9/10/21.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) – Pretrial hearing on 9/13/21. Trial set to begin on 4/4/22.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Motion hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Will be testifying at the trials. No further court dates yet as of 9/10/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 79) – 6/26/19: Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Remember the recent odd documentation for AW dental appointment.
Now this warrant to transfer to Pike County.
Sounds like AngelaW is being completely uncooperative, and therefore all actions must be documented if there is a physical problem of some sort, temper tantrum, seriously kicking and screamimg, escape attempt.
Maybe she has gone crazy.

Thanks!

This could be they are moving her to a different jail or to a different type of residential environment. Like a mental health facility for example.

Now we have 4 possibilities.

1.) Guilty Plea
2.) Medical
3.) Crime committed in jail.
4.) Being moved to a different jail or different type of residential facility.

Take your pick

Or just being taken to court...

I am unfamiliar with guns and after counting the amount of shots I would imagine their had to be reloading of one or more of the guns during the murders, their were 11 shots fired in Danas residence alone. 12 in Christopher SR home and 8 in Frankies house. Maybe they only had one bullet left for Kenneth, as it seems odd to have shot all the others more than once and he only once.

Does anybody know who the attorneys are and if they are private or public defenders?

I am unfamiliar with guns and after counting the amount of shots I would imagine their had to be reloading of one or more of the guns during the murders, their were 11 shots fired in Danas residence alone. 12 in Christopher SR home and 8 in Frankies house. Maybe they only had one bullet left for Kenneth, as it seems odd to have shot all the others more than once and he only once.

They probably had extended clips, extra clips, for the semi-automatic guns. They likely had a Speed Loader for the revolver...

Remember the recent odd documentation for AW dental appointment.
Now this warrant to transfer to Pike County.
Sounds like AngelaW is being completely uncooperative, and therefore all actions must be documented if there is a physical problem of some sort, temper tantrum, seriously kicking and screamimg, escape attempt.
Maybe she has gone crazy.

Wonder if that is why no motions filed for her in 15 months. She told her attorneys not to because she was not going to court. Then she wanted her phone back so she let them file that motion. Then she then changed her mind again and said she was not going.

Last edited:
I like the way you think. Keeping my fingers crossed that you're right!

Maybe she is trying to back out of a plea deal.
Seems it has to be finalized in court with her signatures and the judge has to approve it. I am not sure on that. I remember JW signing a lot of papers the day of his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member