OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what that means. I'm just anxious to hear the witness testimony after going on 6 1/2 years. Don't need anymore vacations from the Case. Long long Case.

Your lucky you can go to some of the trial. At least listen on a TV downstairs I think, like I believe Miss Geneva has. Let us know, thanks.

CC, all I meant by an extended vacation was come on down to my turf and see some of the trial in person... geesh stop being so touchy. :p

The witnesses who choose not to have video or audio of their testimony will still have their testimony recorded (typed) by the court recorder. All proceedings in the trial will be recorded by the court recorder, as per usual. Those in the court room, including news media reporters, the judge, jurors, etc. will see and hear the witness. The judge's ruling only applies to video and audio of testimony.
the transcript of the trial will only be available once the trial is over, and then it is very expensive to buy a copy of a full trial transcript, the court reporter will not provide transcripts of a witness's testimony each day, it takes weeks if not months for a full trial transcript to be ready after trial is finished,

and if a witness chooses to not be recorded and Judge Deering allows media to report what was testified to, they won't be able to report everything that was said, no phones or laptops are allowed in court so journalists will have to make notes with pen and paper, they will then only have a certain amount of space in newspaper or airtime to do a report to say what went on in court that day, I have watched many trials and not being able to hear (not so bothered by witnesses not being seen) from some of the most important witnesses in my opinion means that for me I won't get the full story,

and I am just a trial watcher, for family members who are victims of the Wagners who have had many family members murdered they too are denied the full story, they may be only able to watch the trial and not being able to see or hear AW or JW testify to what they did may not feel fair, if it were my family who was killed and I couldn't be there in person I would hope that at least I could watch it on TV or a laptop as the final thing I could do for my loved ones would be to bear witness to the horrors of the crimes and to watch justice (whatever justice means for each person) happening and to see the perpetrators pay for their crimes

CC, all I meant by an extended vacation was come on down to my turf and see some of the trial in person... geesh stop being so touchy. :p
Sorry. Didn't mean to be so touchy. I am actually upset the queen died and upset we might miss important testimony from witnesses in real time. Bad day.

But thank you Caylee for inviting me, very nice of you. I appreciate it. Take care my friend.

Always glad to read your posts. Hope to see your posts during the trial and hear your opinion.

Chris Graves
https://twitter.com/chrisgraves
@chrisgraves
·
53m
#pikecounty Judge Randy Deering denies media request for audio recording of #WagnerIV witness testimony for those who opt out of being broadcast. Denies request, too, for a second camera in court. #rhoden 1/

51m
Deering's ruling is a blow to out-of-state media and public who hoped to watch trial via
@CourtTV
. His order extends to Jake and Angela Wagner -- if they opt out of being broadcast while on the stand in #WagnerIV mass murder trial. 2/3 #pikecounty #rhoden
@chrisgraves
48m
To be clear: Media IS allowed in courtroom and broadcasting will be allowed — as Deering previously outlined. Today's decision ONLY applies to witnesses who opt out. This is allowed under Ohio court rules. Hearing today: #wagnerIV trial will start Monday. 3/3. #pikecounty #rhoden

Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
53m
#pikecounty Judge Randy Deering denies media request for audio recording of #WagnerIV witness testimony for those who opt out of being broadcast. Denies request, too, for a second camera in court. #rhoden 1/

51m
Deering's ruling is a blow to out-of-state media and public who hoped to watch trial via
@CourtTV
. His order extends to Jake and Angela Wagner -- if they opt out of being broadcast while on the stand in #WagnerIV mass murder trial. 2/3 #pikecounty #rhoden
@chrisgraves
48m
To be clear: Media IS allowed in courtroom and broadcasting will be allowed — as Deering previously outlined. Today's decision ONLY applies to witnesses who opt out. This is allowed under Ohio court rules. Hearing today: #wagnerIV trial will start Monday. 3/3. #pikecounty #rhoden
Thank you for the update.

the transcript of the trial will only be available once the trial is over, and then it is very expensive to buy a copy of a full trial transcript, the court reporter will not provide transcripts of a witness's testimony each day, it takes weeks if not months for a full trial transcript to be ready after trial is finished,

and if a witness chooses to not be recorded and Judge Deering allows media to report what was testified to, they won't be able to report everything that was said, no phones or laptops are allowed in court so journalists will have to make notes with pen and paper, they will then only have a certain amount of space in newspaper or airtime to do a report to say what went on in court that day, I have watched many trials and not being able to hear (not so bothered by witnesses not being seen) from some of the most important witnesses in my opinion means that for me I won't get the full story,

and I am just a trial watcher, for family members who are victims of the Wagners who have had many family members murdered they too are denied the full story, they may be only able to watch the trial and not being able to see or hear AW or JW testify to what they did may not feel fair, if it were my family who was killed and I couldn't be there in person I would hope that at least I could watch it on TV or a laptop as the final thing I could do for my loved ones would be to bear witness to the horrors of the crimes and to watch justice (whatever justice means for each person) happening and to see the perpetrators pay for their crimes
I agree with any witnesses not wanting to be on camera - but not people who are witnesses in their line of work or people that took a plea deal, but it is what it is. :/

Last edited:
Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
53m

51m
@CourtTV
@chrisgraves
48m
Nooooo !!!!!!!!!!!
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Can we expect more witnesses to not want to be recorded or is it only AW and JW? Either way I feel so badly for the family members who can't be at the trial. I'm sure they are very frustrated by this. On a side note, I did not realize there are to be over 250 witnesses testifiying. No wonder it is going to take so long.

Can we expect more witnesses to not want to be recorded or is it only AW and JW? Either way I feel so badly for the family members who can't be at the trial. I'm sure they are very frustrated by this. On a side note, I did not realize there are to be over 250 witnesses testifiying. No wonder it is going to take so long.
I'd not be surprised if a number of witnesses won't want their testimony to be heard by the public. Remember, they are testifying against the W4. IMO, the W4 still have contacts or previous "business partners" out there.

I am really counting on reporters to take good notes.

I have to think that the victim's families know most of the story by now, but they will sadly be reliving it again during the trial.

JMO

Given JWs insisting on not being photographed or filmed with handcuffs on and AWs blatantly avoiding eye contact with anyone in the gallery and hiding behind her hair at her plea change, I'm not a bit surprised they don't want any audio or video of their testimony. What cowards. JMO

Given JWs insisting on not being photographed or filmed with handcuffs on and AWs blatantly avoiding eye contact with anyone in the gallery and hiding behind her hair at her plea change, I'm not a bit surprised they don't want any audio or video of their testimony. What cowards. JMO
Why does JW and AW get to choose if they want to be heard or no sound on the witness stand, they lost all their rights when they confessed to the 8 murders?

this article explains clearly what the Judge's ruling entails
Wow bummer

Why does JW and AW get to choose if they want to be heard or no sound on the witness stand, they lost all their rights when they confessed to the 8 murders?
That is a right we ALL are afforded. Does it suck? YEP, I think so, unless there is a reason to believe a witness could be in imminent danger from said testimony.

• Jurors; Witnesses. The photographing, filming, videotaping, televising or recording of any juror shall not be permitted. The trial judge shall inform victims and witnesses of their right to object to being photographed, filmed, videotaped, televised or recorded and shall prohibit the photographing, filming, videotaping, televising or recording of any victim or witness who does object.

Last edited:
I know it's disappointing, but it's the law. I'm just trying to focus on the positive, thankful that this trial is finally underway and the surviving loved ones will finally see justice served. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153