OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70. Thread #71 Thread #72

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
Statements being made as fact require a link.

Personal experiences
with marijuana are off topic.

Discussing both sides of what is being presented in court is permitted.

Do not chastise other members for their point of view.

Those that are unable to adhere to the rules as outlined in the TOS will be given a time out or banned from the conversation.

This trial is expected to be very long, and with any case there will likely be topics or claims presented that one personally disagrees with. That is OK - everyone is entitled to share their point of view, as long as it is done within TOS, facts are linked, the essence of the comment is victim friendly, and other posters are not attacked for their own point of view.

———
Mod Note:

Please keep in mind that the judge has stated no photos involving victims or minors, and no photos that include blood, etc. related to the crime scenes, are to be published. Those same images will not be permitted on WS in accordance with the court order.

Questions: contact a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Tiff

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread. Bickering, rudeness and personalizing are violations of TOS at any time, let alone in a trial thread. If it resumes, permanent thread reply bans will be issued to members involved.

Friday, Sept. 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 10) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) & a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 30) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if his testimony is truthful.
Trial began on 8/29/22 with final jury selection & the jury was seated on 8/30/22. 12 Jurors & 6 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 6 alternates: (5 women & 1 man).
Trial began with opening statements began on Monday, 9/12/22. (Trial is scheduled for 30 days).

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/6/22 & Trial Day 1-8 (9/12 to 9/21/22) post #854 here:
[URL unfurl="false"]https://www.web...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-43

9/22/22: Motion #111: Motion for mistrial filed by John P. Parker. Motions for mistrial filed by defense-denied.
9/22/22 Thursday, Trial Day 9: State witness: Bryan White, a former BCI agent & crime scene investigator who processed Dana Rhoden's home (Scene #3).
For more info see posts #880 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-44
For more info see posts #886, 892, 896 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-45
For more info see posts #901, 915 & 920 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-46
For more info see posts #935 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-47
For more info see posts #957 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-48
For more info see posts #964 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-72.637048/page-48
Complaint for Alternative Writ of Prohibition filed by The Cincinnati Enquirer, Scripps Media Inc. D/B/A WCPO-TV, Court TV Media, Sinclair Media III, Inc. D/B/A WKRC-TV, Ohioe/Oklahoma Hearst TV, Inc. D/B/A WLWT-TV, Newspatrol, Inc. D/B/A Scioto Valley Guardian & Gray Media Group, Inc. D/B/A WXIS-TV vs. Hon. Randy D. Deering on 9/22/22. Regarding shoeprint exhibits from CRSr/GR home. See link:
https://sciotovalleyguardian.com/wp-content/uploads/Scanned-Documents-2.pdf
Tomorrow: Hamilton County Chief Deputy Coroner Karen Loomis to walk through Dana, Hanna & Chris, Jr., autopsies. Trial continues on 9/23/22.

My thoughts for the day, seems the only physical evidence state has that GW was at scenes is footwear impression, which defense will contest, they have no physical evidence BW was there, (so far as I have been able to gage-I haven't heard all testimony so I may have missed something)

they will have in later testimony the witnesses who will testify to the one for all and all for one aspect of the family, and they will have JW and AW proffers,

It is a good job they have those proffers as they have little to no physical evidence from 4 crime scenes,

I also think defenses argument that JW shot them all will be, either BW shot the outside bullet, the 6 through the outside wall and door and the one into CR, and JW went inside and shot GR and CR, or JW shot the outside bullets and went inside and shot the others, he then shot everybody else including KR, I am really interested to hear what gun killed KR as I haven't heard that testified to yet,

The defense can argue this theory as the only testimony they will have about who shot who will come via JW and possible AW who wasn't present, the theory that GW wasn't there also comes under the only JW and AW proffers put him there, shoe print evidence as I posted will be challenged,

Last edited:
My thoughts for the day, seems the only physical evidence state has that GW was at scenes is footwear impression, which defense will contest, they have no physical evidence BW was there, (so far as I have been able to gage-I haven't heard all testimony so I may have missed something)

they will have in later testimony the witnesses who will testify to the one for all and all for one aspect of the family, and they will have JW and AW proffers,

It is a good job they have those proffers as they have little to no physical evidence from 4 crime scenes,

I also think defenses argument that JW shot them all will be, either BW shot the outside bullet, the 6 through the outside wall and door and the one into CR, and JW went inside and shot GR and CR, or JW shot the outside bullets and went inside and shot the others, he then shot everybody else including KR, I am really interested to hear what gun killed KR as I haven't heard that testified to yet,

The defense can argue this theory as the only testimony they will have about who shot who will come via JW and possible AW who wasn't present, the theory that GW wasn't there also comes under the only JW and AW proffers put him there, shoe print evidence as I posted will be challenged,

joe, I believe they said .40 caliber was used to shoot KR.

Derek Myers
@DerekMyers
·
30m

DAY 10 | We saw another blockbuster day yesterday with a late start, a second mistrial motion, a sick juror, a restraining order filed against the judge, and an early dismissal. Today, we start #GeorgeWagnerIV DAY 10 at 9 a.m. where a BCI agent retakes the stand for scene 3.

Derek Myers

@DerekMyers
·
30m

Scene 3 is where Dana Rhoden, little Chris, and Hanna May were found. We expect Dr. Looman to take the stand later today to go over, undoubtedly in painstaking detail the autopsies of the three.
@CourtTV

I agree with judge, White is not a dr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members