OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think that the prosecution will be able to place GW4 @the crime scenes and perhaps planning of the crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. Right now, the ground work is being laid. IMO

I'm curious (and too lazy) to look it up but does anyone know if one or more of the 22 charges include GW4's threat against DeWine, BCI agent and a former Pike County sheriff?

"During George Wagner, IV’s arraignment, prosecutors said he had been recorded on wiretaps talking abot carrying out acts of violence against DeWine, lead BCI case agent Ryan Scheiderer and former Pike Co. Sheriff Charlie Reader if the family were arrested."

Totally agree. They have to lay foundation for all the charge not just the murders. I think they have it planned out well in order to present this information to a jury. I think we know a lot because we have followed this case so we just want them to get to the parts we don't know yet. We are waiting for the info from the wire taps, the recorded calls and informants. The jury if they really haven't followed the case as they have said they didn't, then they are hearing a lot of this for the first time. They don't know where houses were located and who was killed at each one like we do.
I agree with you. I think the prosecution is laying this out in a manner that the jurors can see, firsthand, exactly where it all happened, what was done to each victim, all of the ballistics and all of the hideous devastation that was caused by the W's, as a family unit. The devastation was to the victims and also to their family members and close friends. Not to mention the community. The W's took a vote and all were in. It doesn't appear that any of the 4 W's, including GWIV ever took a moment to really think about how hideous and inhumane their plan was and tried to reason with the others. No empathy, no conscience and no soul, IMO. All 4. People who are capable of going along with something like this are not fit to walk freely in society, IMO. They can't be fixed.

I am of the opinion that GW's own voice on the recordings will be very compelling.

I'd like to think that the prosecution will be able to place GW4 @the crime scenes and perhaps planning of the crimes beyond a reasonable doubt. Right now, the ground work is being laid. IMO

I'm curious (and too lazy) to look it up but does anyone know if one or more of the 22 charges include GW4's threat against DeWine, BCI agent and a former Pike County sheriff?

"During George Wagner, IV’s arraignment, prosecutors said he had been recorded on wiretaps talking abot carrying out acts of violence against DeWine, lead BCI case agent Ryan Scheiderer and former Pike Co. Sheriff Charlie Reader if the family were arrested."

And what is on the recordings will reflect the real George IV, IMO.

Here's a link to the Ohio AG's web site with PDFs of the indictments. Scroll down a ways to GW4's but they're all pretty much the same charges. The only difference is an extra charge on Jake's for having sex with a minor. It's good to become familiar with the charges, it will help understand events when the jury makes their decision and the sentencing is applied by the judge.

Most of the counts related to the murders have specifications, which increase sentences. Also note, the murder counts repeat for each victim. The aggravated burglary charges (defined as trespassing to commit a felony) are multiplied x4, for each Rhoden residence. There's no specific charge dealing with the threats to DeWine, Sheriff Reader, etc., but it might fit under the Conspiracy charge: "various other known and unknown acts". IANAL, and its unlikely that would apply. Of course, the charge could also be brought later.

And what is on the recordings will reflect the real George IV, IMO.

And, to quote Sheriff Reader: "All the lies they told us".

ETA: The stories of the Wagners control over their sons' partners is horrifying. Interesting on the 3rd page of Angenette Levy's notes, Chelsea testified that Jake contacted her the day after the murders to arrange a future play date so Sophia could stay in touch with her cousin. Textbook suspect behavior - staying in touch with the victims family and friends to see what they're talking about, who they and LE suspect. A year later he made accusations against Chelsea on social media for not doing something. He continued to stalk family/friends on social media to change the narrative about the victims, possible motives and pointing the finger at others. Couldn't get any more obvious, Jake.

Pretty sure George IV was doing similar stuff on social media, though not to the extent of Jake and Angela.

Last edited:
For some reason I did not see much info from this...maybe I didn't look hard enough but would love to read what was said. I wonder why so little has been written by the other journalists who tell us almost verbatim what is said after trial day.
I would love to copy the tweets but I don't think it's allowed.

I don’t blame Chelsea from not being on tv, she had a person creeping around her place she lived at, the summer after the murders, according to the newspaper article she gave how her and her so was doing after the massacre, the Wagner family, sounds like they are good at intimidating people and also revenge, JMO
I agree, I just don't understand why the accepted twitter accounts for us to site and even the tv stations all have not said anything about what she testified.

I agree, I just don't understand why the accepted twitter accounts for us to site and even the tv stations all have not said anything about what she testified.
Maybe they are waiting until her testimony is complete. I believe she has not been cross examined yet, will do that on Monday. Maybe MSM will post more about what she testified to then. JMO

CR's testimony yesterday, per Patricia Newberry of the Cincinnati Enquirer

Patricia Gallagher Newberry
@pattinewberry

Chelsea Robinson, who had a son with victim Frankie Rhoden, said Jake Wagner once threatened to cripple Hanna May Rhoden. "If she tried to leave he was going to chop her legs off so she could never leave the house," Robinson said, recounting Hanna May's call about the threat. 6/8

I wish someone would give a more detailed account. It seems nobody has, that I can find, so her direct testimony is unknown to us via allowed media for us to post here. It's frustrating.

I did find them, thanks. I snagged them and will try to post. They seem to be between Angenette Levy... her notes??.. and @chasingpaper89. I hope these are approved.
Thank you for these. I was having such a hard time finding them. IMO-I don't think media can be viewed on Twitter unless you have an account. At least when I clicked on the media it told me to log in. I was just about to make an account that I will most likely never use.

The news article said those creepers were "dressed like ninjas".

MOO .. Wagners paranoid about what she knew, trying to make her be quiet? Or trying to tie up loose ends?
I was just remembering...I think that was victim KR's ex-wife that called about the "ninjas", wasn't it? I will try and find article

In the previous thread, someone mentioned that AW couldn't testify to anything that happened at any of the murder scenes because it would be hearsay since she wasn't there. I don't believe that's entirely accurate.

Since it's GW4's trial, she couldn't testify as to anything BW and JW told her that GW4 did at the crime scenes--that would be hearsay. However, if GW4 directly told AW from his own lips something that he did, it wouldn't be hearsay. Example, if GW4 directly said to AW, "I tried to fire the first shot but I couldn't see over the oil filter suppressor." I'm pretty sure that's not hearsay since AW is stating something that GW4 said directly to her about his actions during the crimes. JMO

As for there being no physical evidence GW4 was at any of the crime scenes yet, I think it is coming. I think AW can testify about several things regarding the shoe prints that will confirm which Athletic Works shoe prints are GW4's even though she wasn't there, thus proving GW4 was in fact present during the murders. She can verify in her testimony, not using hearsay:

What shoes she bought for JW
What shoes she bought for GW4
Whether she bought any footwear for BW
Whether JW and GW4 were wearing those shoes when they left the Peterson Road house on the way to the murder scenes
What shoes BW was wearing when he left to go to the murder scenes
What BW's normal shoe size is and whether BW's feet would fit into either pair of the Athletic Works tennis shoes she bought
What shoes those three had on when they returned home and whether she saw the "murder shoes" burned

In addition, JW can also testify as to which shoes GW4 wore while at the murder scenes

I really think JW and AW will hammer home the validity of the shoe print evidence for GW4, but time will tell.

All JMO

Maybe they are waiting until her testimony is complete. I believe she has not been cross examined yet, will do that on Monday. Maybe MSM will post more about what she testified to then. JMO
Or IMO maybe CR had requested that she doesn't want her testimony and name printed anywhere online or on paperand the judge agreed to that ruling. I don't know if that is even possible. However, I wouldn't blame her especially if she is trying to protect BR.

I did find them, thanks. I snagged them and will try to post. They seem to be between Angenette Levy... her notes??.. and @chasingpaper89. I hope these are approved.
Great question at the end of page 2. I sure hope GWIV's ex-wife is called to testify about the answer to that but the judge probably won't allow it...former acts by GWIV not admissible?

I wish someone would give a more detailed account. It seems nobody has, that I can find, so her direct testimony is unknown to us via allowed media for us to post here. It's frustrating.
Sorry I think this was a repeat of another post...I was a bit distracted because Judge was coming up to the plate to break Maris's record on the exact day and minute Maris broke Babe's record! He didn't :(...yet :)

I found this one, it's towards the end

Thank you so much! I remember that article very well about how the family was so traumatized. It was still so recent, after the murders. Poor Geneva Rhoden was living in fear, couldn't see her gr grandkids, etc.

I still don't know why Pike County did that - treated Ms Geneva and other family members, including Manleys, as if they were criminals and wouldn't let them see Frankie and Hanna's children who survived the massacre.

But she hasn’t gotten to see two of those babies since before that horrible day in April. The children remain in the custody of county protective services, which will not discuss the children or the case. They've told Geneva Rhoden she must file a court motion to start the process to see little Kylie Rhoden, now 3 months old, and Ruger Rhoden, now 9 months old.

And if Tony Rhoden’s heart could splinter anymore, this would be why.

“I just don’t understand why Mom can’t see them," said Tony Rhoden, Geneva Rhoden's son and the brother of victim Christopher Rhoden Sr. "They are all she has left of my brother. Those kids are all that’s left of him.’’

In addition to prowlers at Stacy Rigsby's home, someone also tampered with the door and lock on Ms Geneva Rhoden's apartment.

Stacie Rigsby, Kenneth Rhoden’s former wife and Kendra Rhoden’s mother, has changed the locks on her doors, made adjustments to secure her windows and often asks a friend to spend the night with her. She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports.

Also in May, Geneva Rhoden came home to find her apartment door tampered with, according to a police report. No one had gotten into the apartment.

In the previous thread, someone mentioned that AW couldn't testify to anything that happened at any of the murder scenes because it would be hearsay since she wasn't there. I don't believe that's entirely accurate.

Since it's GW4's trial, she couldn't testify as to anything BW and JW told her that GW4 did at the crime scenes--that would be hearsay. However, if GW4 directly told AW from his own lips something that he did, it wouldn't be hearsay. Example, if GW4 directly said to AW, "I tried to fire the first shot but I couldn't see over the oil filter suppressor." I'm pretty sure that's not hearsay since AW is stating something that GW4 said directly to her about his actions during the crimes. JMO

As for there being no physical evidence GW4 was at any of the crime scenes yet, I think it is coming. I think AW can testify about several things regarding the shoe prints that will confirm which Athletic Works shoe prints are GW4's even though she wasn't there, thus proving GW4 was in fact present during the murders. She can verify in her testimony, not using hearsay:

What shoes she bought for JW
What shoes she bought for GW4
Whether she bought any footwear for BW
Whether JW and GW4 were wearing those shoes when they left the Peterson Road house on the way to the murder scenes
What shoes BW was wearing when he left to go to the murder scenes
What BW's normal shoe size is and whether BW's feet would fit into either pair of the Athletic Works tennis shoes she bought
What shoes those three had on when they returned home and whether she saw the "murder shoes" burned

In addition, JW can also testify as to which shoes GW4 wore while at the murder scenes

I really think JW and AW will hammer home the validity of the shoe print evidence for GW4, but time will tell.

All JMO
She could also testify to what she saw before and after the murders. George came home with the fuel filters. I saw George building s suppressor. I saw George helping make the bird boxes. I saw George that night with one of the murder weapons and take it to the truck. Hell she might have been in that garage helping them get ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay