OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! I remember that article very well about how the family was so traumatized. It was still so recent, after the murders. Poor Geneva Rhoden was living in fear, couldn't see her gr grandkids, etc.

I still don't know why Pike County did that - treated Ms Geneva and other family members, including Manleys, as if they were criminals and wouldn't let them see Frankie and Hanna's children who survived the massacre.

In addition to prowlers at Stacy Rigsby's home, someone also tampered with the door and lock on Ms Geneva Rhoden's apartment.
I just listened to a 911 call of Kenneth Rhoden (Kenny and Chris Sr dad I believe) just after the murders. He thought someone was following him and it was so sad. Weather that was the Wagner's or just a coincidence and he was extra aware and fearful (for good reason) I don't know, but it just shows how on alert everyone was.

Edited to add links.

911 call is mentioned in this article:

The link to the 911 call is broken from that article, but here it is on youtube.

Sorry I think this was a repeat of another post...I was a bit distracted because Judge was coming up to the plate to break Maris's record on the exact day and minute Maris broke Babe's record! He didn't :(...yet :)
LOL, who is Judge? I know the other guys.

I just listened to a 911 call of Kenneth Rhoden (Kenny and Chris Sr dad I believe) just after the murders. He thought someone was following him and it was so sad. Weather that was the Wagner's or just a coincidence and he was extra aware and fearful (for good reason) I don't know, but it just shows how on alert everyone was.
Yes, I recall that! He was terrified! IIRC, it was investigated and found to not be a threat. Those murders traumatized so many people for a very long time.

There's another interview out there with Geneva Rhoden, not many months after the murders where she speaks of being terrified at night. She has nightmares and wakes up, then can't get back to sleep because she was afraid someone was going to break in and kill her, too. Very sad.

Seeing the crime scene photos during this trial probably traumatizes them all over again.

Edited to add links.

The link to the 911 call is broken from that article, but here it is on youtube.
This was a cousin to the young Rhodens.

Edited to add links.

The article said he was a Rhoden relative. Definitely not Kenny and Chris Sr's dad. The dad was Clarence Rhoden who passed away long before 2016.

But thanks for bringing this up. Interesting to hear the 911 call again. I remember when this happened.

Recap Week #3

Day 14 - Thursday 9/29/2022 cancelled due to illness
Day 15 - Friday 9/30/2022

Interesting, the Scioto Valley Guardian appears to have paused their daily coverage after Day 13.

I'll be curious to see if they have any coverage when Wagner family matriarch Fredericka Wagner is on the stand.

JMO

The article said he was a Rhoden relative. Definitely not Kenny and Chris Sr's dad. The dad was Clarence Rhoden who passed away long before 2016.

But thanks for bringing this up. Interesting to hear the 911 call again. I remember when this happened.
Gary Rhoden was a first cousin of CRsr. Kenneth Rhoden (of the KY 911 call)is Gary Rhoden's father.

Sadly he passed away recently and never lived to see justice for the murder of his son.

JMO

ETA - Gary's obituary

Last edited:
GW4 is charged with multiple counts and those counts need foundation and to be explained. Realistically for GW4 to get a fair trial it has to happen this way otherwise the jury would not have much to go on. I try to put myself in the juror's seat. I agree RB that not much has come out about GW4 but if the trial focused just on GW4 from the beginning and had no background info I would wonder. I think the way this is going chronologically day by day, scene by scene. victim by victim is the only way to do it They tell a story with all of the participants and locations. We just have to be patient. I think it is about to get interesting!
The problem is I feel like I am watching Jake's trial. The prosecution has barely mentioned George. I can almost count on one hand how many times George's name has been said in court, All the evidence, all the testimony is about Jake. AC has asked a couple of softball questions of the witnesses like have you ever seen George at Chris Sr's, did you see George at the fireworks display, which we don't even know why that is important, did you see George at the funeral, was he a friend of Frankies? That is it. From listening to the testimony from the R family I am getting the feeling that none of them knew George other than to say hello to if they saw him.

Cody M's testimony was distracting to say the least. All those facial expressions, mouthing things out toward the gallery, being openly hostile to the defense attorneys made his testimony seem trivial to me. Maybe not to others, but to me it did. It was very emotional, that is true, but the jury is not going to send a man to prison for life because they feel sorry for a witness who is nervous on the stand. Plus I felt he and some others are not telling the whole truth. He was Frankie's cousin and best friend, worked with him, visited him often, but yet claimed he never went to a chicken fight with him, and knew nothing about the MJ grows. That has been a reoccurring theme with a lot of the witnesses. The only two that were honest about the MJ was Luke and Kendra. I think it has to do with mistrust of LE. If it is illegal activity, admit nothing. I don't blame them after JM was arrested by BCI and charged with obstruction. Natural reaction not to trust LE not to use something you said under oath in a court of law against you. But in the end no real evidence against George and Cody finally ended up admitting he had seen him a couple of times, but never spoke to him. He really didn't have anything as far as evidence on Jake either since he did not even witness the argument April testified to.

Kendra witnessed one incident of abuse from Jake, April testified to an argument that ended up with Hannah claiming Jake chased her at high speeds, but did not witness him doing this. All of that is beside the point. Jake pleaded guilty to all counts. Bringing in testimony of arguments, instances of abuse by Jake is damaging the states case against George as it is distracting the jury with little more than gossip.

Then there was Corey H. Very emotional testimony but very little substance. Once again what he said about Jake was hearsay, what Hannah had told him. No evidence against George at all, AC finally got him to admit he may have seen George with other family members at a Bday party once. All he added in the way of evidence for me is testifying to the actions of Hannah in the hours leading up to her death.

The state has no forensic evidence against George so far. I sat through crime scene testimony, ballistic testimony, shoe print evidence, DNA and fingerprint evidence and in the end not one of the BCI agents could put a gun in George's hand, put the shoe on his foot, or prove he was at the scenes or even in Ohio that night.

No one other than Jake and Angie said he was. I have my own theory about the deal Jake made and why he made it. The only real testimony against George in this case is Jake and Angie. Actually not even Angie since she cannot testify to what happened after they walked out the door, since both she and Jake has put on record she was not at the murder scenes. She cannot even testify to the shoes being worn by George since she went on record saying they never wore them, she threw them away because they didn't like them.

I feel like all this emotional testimony about how Jake abused Hannah is extremely damaging to the state's case against George. It is distracting the jury and in the end the jury is going to come out feeling that although there may be evidence against George's family there is not one shred of evidence against George himself that has been presented so far. As I said, the jury is not going to convict a man on guilt by family association. Especially not of 8 murders and a life sentence.

I sincerely hope we get to hear some real evidence against George soon.
JMO

Last edited:
The problem is I feel like I am watching Jake's trial. The prosecution has barely mentioned George. I can almost count on one hand how many times George's name has been said in court, All the evidence, all the testimony is about Jake. AC has asked a couple of softball questions of the witnesses like have you ever seen George at Chris Sr's, did you see George at the fireworks display, which we don't even know why that is important, did you see George at the funeral, was he a friend of Frankies? That is it. From listening to the testimony from the R family I am getting the feeling that none of them knew George other than to say hello to if they saw him.

Cody M's testimony was distracting to say the least. All those facial expressions, mouthing things out toward the gallery, being openly hostile to the defense attorneys made his testimony seem trivial to me. Maybe not to others, but to me it did. It was very emotional, that is true, but the jury is not going to send a man to prison for life because they feel sorry for a witness who is nervous on the stand. Plus I felt he and some others are not telling the whole truth. He was Frankie's cousin and best friend, worked with him, visited him often, but yet claimed he never went to a chicken fight with him, and knew nothing about the MJ grows. That has been a reoccurring theme with a lot of the witnesses. The only two that were honest about the MJ was Luke and Kendra. I think it has to do with mistrust of LE. If it is illegal activity, admit nothing. I don't blame them after JM was arrested by BCI and charged with obstruction. Natural reaction not to trust LE not to use something you said under oath in a court of law against you. But in the end no real evidence against George and Cody finally ended up admitting he had seen him a couple of times, but never spoke to him. He really didn't have anything as far as evidence on Jake either since he did not even witness the argument April testified to.

Kendra witnessed one incident of abuse from Jake, April testified to an argument that ended up with Hannah claiming Jake chased her at high speeds, but did not witness him doing this. All of that is beside the point. Jake pleaded guilty to all counts. Bringing in testimony of arguments, instances of abuse by Jake is damaging the states case against George as it is distracting the jury with little more than gossip.

Then there was Corey H. Very emotional testimony but very little substance. Once again what he said about Jake was hearsay, what Hannah had told him. No evidence against George at all, AC finally got him to admit he may have seen George with other family members at a Bday party once. All he added in the way of evidence for me is testifying to the actions of Hannah in the hours leading up to her death.

The state has no forensic evidence against George so far. I sat through crime scene testimony, ballistic testimony, shoe print evidence, DNA and fingerprint evidence and in the end not one of the BCI agents could put a gun in George's hand, put the shoe on his foot, or prove he was at the scenes or even in Ohio that night.

No one other than Jake and Angie said he was. I have my own theory about the deal Jake made and why he made it. The only real testimony against George in this case is Jake and Angie. Actually not even Angie since she cannot testify to what happened after they walked out the door, since both she and Jake has put on record she was not at the murder scenes. She cannot even testify to the shoes being worn by George since she went on record saying they never wore them, she threw them away because they didn't like them.

I feel like all this emotional testimony about how Jake abused Hannah is extremely damaging to the state's case against George. It is distracting the jury and in the end the jury is going to come out feeling that although there may be evidence against George's family there is not one shred of evidence against George himself that has been presented so far. As I said, the jury is not going to convict a man on guilt by family association. Especially not of 8 murders and a life sentence.

JMO
Patience Grasshopper.:)

I have faith in the jury. I have faith in the prosecutors. Thankfully I have no faith in the defense lawyers. They best they have had so far is - objection, objection. Though slowly, the evidence is nicely unfolding.

After all of the evidence has been shown, IMO the linchpin will be laying out the Conspiracy charge, #22.

I do believe justice is coming!

JMO

I had found 3 separate pages of hand written notes via that Twitter acct. I don't know how to link. Also, I can't verify the truthfulness of what was written. So everyone who wants to will just have to dig thru that acct to find the 3 I found.
I think I will pass, since it sounds like a call between Chelsa and Hannah in which HR told CR something Jake said. In other words, hearsay.

JMO

JMO

As someone mentioned earlier, Jake and Angie will be able to present solid, first person witness testimony to GW's plans and activities that night. Angie can testify to the fact that George was wearing those shoes that night, did so deliberately and according to plan. Jake will testify that he wore his and saw George wear his. No reasonable doubt there. Same for weapons GW took with him. We'll also hear the wiretap recordings of GW talking about the murders that night. GW4, in his own words. Very incriminating. Just a few things.

Right now, the state hasn't yet reached the point where the Wagners pack up and head for AK, where many of the recordings took place. We'll also soon hear some testimony from GW4's ex about his violent tendencies.

Gary Rhoden was a first cousin of CRsr. Kenneth Rhoden (of the KY 911 call)is Gary Rhoden's father.

Sadly he passed away recently and never lived to see justice for the murder of his son.

JMO

The Kenny Rhoden who called 911 was Gary's older brother.

"He told the operator his little brother and cousin were killed, along with six other family members, in Pike County. He then added, “They basically told all Rhodens to beware"

JMO

ETA - Gary's obituary
Thank you! I was confused and remembered it was a father. So this Kenneth Rhoden would be a brother to Clearance Rhoden (who was Kenneth and Chris Sr's dad).

JMO
@RAISINISBACK I am following you and agreeing with your logic more and more as each trial day passes.

I think the State is presenting too much minitua about the other Wagners and not enough real evidence indicating George is a murderer. This makes me wonder what the jury is thinking. Could jury be confused? Add to that, jurors are getting sick, having family emergencies and little progress is being made putting forth a foundation. The prosecution needs to quickly get the foundation laid before the jury becomes annoyed and believes its time is being wasted by prosecution, It is tough sitting in that jury box day-after-day. Bottom line: Verdict will be decided by the side that puts forth the best case in the eyes of the jury. my opinion only.

Thank you! I was confused and remembered it was a father. So this Kenneth Rhoden would be a brother to Clearance Rhoden (who was Kenneth and Chris Sr's dad).
After reading @Caylee Advocate post, I looked up the obituary for Gary's dad Kenneth Rhoden. Thank you CA for clearing this up!

Turns out Gary had both a father and a brother named Kenneth/Kenny.

Based on historical names from the Rhoden family, it seems to be very common to use ancestral family names to honor their elders.

For instance, Frankie Rhoden's given name was Clarence Franklin Rhoden (Clarence, after his grandfather).

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member