OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted an article on Friday, saying that more family members would testify next week. Reporters seem to think that would at least include JW and GWIV's grandmothers. Chelsea R. has to be cross examined 1st by the defense on Monday. So far only members of the Rhodens and Manleys have testified. IMO-CR could be the last one. J and GWIV's exes should also be testifying around the same time as the grandmother's. Maybe even some people they knew in Alaska? IMO-maybe J and AW would be towards the beginning of the week of October 10, but could also hear more LE first, too.
@pittsburghgirl and @24Roses Thank you! Outstanding posts loaded with what we need to know.

I admit I am impatient for AC to get to the crux of this trial and am overly concerned the jury will be indecisive.
We followed this case for years and we want justice. We'v also seen big public trials go sideways (need I say "Casey Anthony"?). But none of them have two co-conspirators testifying after they've been given no quarter in sentencing. I'm curious how the state will handle linking the guns to the ballistics. Seems Jake would have to testify about the guns, then LE saying where they were found, and then ballistics experts linking bullets to the guns. But there you go--that's probably a week of testimony right there.

So JW lied when he said DR was awake on her phone and that HR looked at him?
So JW lied when he said DR was awake on her phone

BBM
So are you saying that Jake lied when he said he killed Dana? Even if she was awake on her phone, she was lying in bed. What defense did she have against him? He sneaked into her bedroom at 3:32 AM and shot her in the head before she could react to anything. Think about it. It's 3:32 AM, dark in your house, you are not expecting someone to come sneaking in your bedroom with a gun. Then suddenly BAM! you are shot in the head twice before you know what hit you. Then he went back and fired 3 more shots into her head when he heard her making sounds. So yes Jake could have killed them all himself. In fact he plead guilty and admitted he killed Dana and Hannah and Chris JR and Frankie and Hazel. By himself.

that HR looked at him?

Yes, I am saying that was a bold face lie. You know why? Because the coroner said she was shot twice in the BACK of the head while she was lying on her side. So what do you think happened? Jake walked in and Hannah looked at him and Jake gently whispered to her "Please, turn your head away so I don't have to look you in the eyes while I kill you."? I don't know of any world where that would happen or that she would have just obediently turned her head so Jake could put two bullets in the back of her head.

Unlike Jake, evidence in an autopsy, given by a coroner does not lie. Two bullet holes, back of the head. You figure out how that could happen if she was lying in bed, looking at him?

That is a crock of BS about him repositioning her body so the baby could nurse also. She was already on her side. He didn't give a FHF about that infant whether it starved to death or not. If he had, he wouldn't have been shooting a .22 bullet in the bed with that baby where it could have easily ricocheted and hit the baby killing her or the bullet could have passed through Hannah's body and killed the baby. So someone please tell me why they think he cared one tiny bit about a baby he knew was not his. If he cared he would not have killed that baby's mother depriving little KR from ever breastfeeding again.

JMO

This may have already been posted. It's from @WLWT (Twitter). GW3, GW4, and JW, attending Gary's funeral in Ky. Is it me, or do both brothers appear to have darker hair? I have a FB photo, of the brothers, on the Peterson Rd. farm, somewhere in the "cloud", and both appear to have darker hair, but FB photos aren't allowed on WS, iirc. I hope we hear more about GW4, as the trial comes to a close.

View attachment 370390
Facebook photos are allowed sometimes. I have posted the Wagner's Defiance Farms Facebook photos and words Angie posted on it many many times and the mods never deleted them. Defiance Farms is where they lived on Peterson Rd.

Here is a photo of Jake and George feeding the pigs at Defiance Farms. On left you can see George's black hair. Jake's hair is covered with a cap.

See photo:
Defiance Farms (George 4's hair dyed black) April 30th 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-162514.png
    Screenshot_20221002-162514.png
    337.3 KB · Views: 38
Since you mentioned taking notes, I wonder how big the note books are that the jurors get? IIRC, at the beginning of last week at the latest, the judge said that they gave some of the jurors a second notebook and more would be available to the jurors if they wanted them. It sounds like the jurors are taking alot of notes. ETA-when I think of notebooks, I think of the notebooks with lines that kids use for school (so alot of lines and pages.)
My guess they would get the same as the first ones handed out on the first day of the trial , that was shown.

Special prosecutor Angela Canepa did not accuse George Wagner, 30, of shooting anyone in April 2016, but she said he took part in planning, carrying out and covering up "one of the most heinous crimes in Ohio history."

He was with his brother and father
when they drove to three separate locations where all eight were killed, went inside with the pair and helped his brother move two of the bodies, Canepa said.

Some of the victims were treated as "collateral damage" by the Wagners, Canepa said.

"They knew that there might be other people there and agreed they would need to be killed too," she said. "People they had no issue with, they were willing to kill them indiscriminately."

A custody dispute between two families that erupted into the massacre of eight people in rural southern Ohio started with a plan to kill just one of them, a young mother refusing to give up her daughter, a prosecutor said Monday.

But just months before the killings in 2016, the family behind the plot decided to kill everyone who could point the finger at them, the prosecutor said during opening statements of the first trial in the slayings.

Massacre of 8 people began with plot to kill 19-year …

This will be what Nash and Parker will aim for. And without any concrete evidence by the state it is going to put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

BBM
Defense attorney Richard Nash said George Wagner is not like the rest of his family and had nothing to do with the killings.

"There are certain things in this life we can't control. One of those is your family name," Nash said. "George cannot help he's a Wagner. That does not make him a murderer."

He said Jake Wagner will testify that his brother didn't take part in the planning, didn't destroy evidence and didn't shoot anyone. "Everyone had a motive in this case except George," Nash said.

So how does Nash know that is what Jake is going to testify to? Did he talk to Jake and tell him what George's defense is going to be?

JMO

Raisnback makes a truthful point, it is vary hard to know which way a jury will vote, I hope with this jury coming from Pike county Ohio knows how the Wagners bent the law for their own gain also Billy and Angela raised those two sons to be Outlaws, JMO
I hope so too JBB. In fact I pray it is so every day. Seeing a cold bloodied killer walk free because the prosecutor doesn't prove her case beyond a reasonable doubt is a nightmare.

IMO and this may not be the case with everyone, but I firmly believe that is what happened in the Anthony and Simpson cases. The prosecutors just did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think AC putting all those emotional family members on the stand to tell how Jake abused Hannah is going to backfire on AC. They are bringing very little evidentiary value to this trial and so far all that evidence has been against Jake except for Kendra and Corey telling about the last hours of Hannah before her death.

The only questions she asked about George is if the witnesses knew him and if he was at a fireworks display. The jury is going to be confused about who she is trying to prosecute if she doesn't start introducing evidence against George. Because so far the state has nothing. No DNA, fingerprint, forensics, shoe evidence they can say with 100% certainty he was wearing and only conjecture that the W's were driving those trucks caught on camera that night. I was hoping for a good clear picture of George in the vehicle with them.

Honestly what it looks like to me so far is that she is just slinging mud at Jake hoping some of it will land on George in the jury's minds. But I will say again, they will not send a man to prison for life just because they don't like his brother. I have watched too many trials gavel to gavel to believe that.

JMO

This will be what Nash and Parker will aim for. And without any concrete evidence by the state it is going to put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

BBM
Defense attorney Richard Nash said George Wagner is not like the rest of his family and had nothing to do with the killings.

"There are certain things in this life we can't control. One of those is your family name," Nash said. "George cannot help he's a Wagner. That does not make him a murderer."

He said Jake Wagner will testify that his brother didn't take part in the planning, didn't destroy evidence and didn't shoot anyone. "Everyone had a motive in this case except George," Nash said.

So how does Nash know that is what Jake is going to testify to? Did he talk to Jake and tell him what George's defense is going to be?

JMO
He knows what JW is going to say , they have a copy of everything. Nash can only keep trying to put doubt in one juror and pray for a mistrial .

Facebook photos are allowed sometimes. I have posted the Wagner's Defiance Farms Facebook photos and words Angie posted on it many many times and the mods never deleted them. Defiance Farms is where they lived on Peterson Rd.

Here is a photo of Jake and George feeding the pigs at Defiance Farms. On left you can see George's black hair. Jake's hair is covered with a cap.

See photo:
Defiance Farms (George 4's hair dyed black) April 30th 2016
What would be the purpose to dye their hair in regards to the murder? People saw them before and after the murders with their hair dyed. I would thing that if the dye job was to hide their identity they wouldn’t have let people see them with the dyed hair. And they would have dyed it again after the murders. Jmo

This may have already been posted. It's from @WLWT (Twitter). GW3, GW4, and JW, attending Gary's funeral in Ky. Is it me, or do both brothers appear to have darker hair? I have a FB photo, of the brothers, on the Peterson Rd. farm, somewhere in the "cloud", and both appear to have darker hair, but FB photos aren't allowed on WS, iirc. I hope we hear more about GW4, as the trial comes to a close.

View attachment 370390
I am not sure on the hair color of George. His hair line has receded a lot. He is almost bald on top now. But so far in court testimony the only one mentioned having dyed his hair dark is Jake. Wonder if BCI ever asked about that bruise on Billy's face and what he told the about where he got it?

JMO

Snip: "I wouldn't, not without some solid evidence to back up what they say"

Hence, why the prosecution is laying out evidence to corraborate their testimony -- evidence they supposedly did not know the state had before their proffers
What evidence? The he said, she said testimony that has been given? No one other than Kendra saw any actual abuse. The rest has been what Hannah told them that Jake did or said. And how does what Jake did involve George?

If Jake was on trial it would be great if AC could get it in but so far the judge has sustained all the objections on the grounds of hearsay.

JMO

Eh. The fact thay HR said it is not hearsay. If you were arguing that JW said it, it would be
Hannah told CR that Jake said it. From Jake to Hannah to CR = hearsay on the part CR testimony. Go back and listen to the judge day 14, time stamp 8:06 to 8:15.

Sounds like he is really losing patience with AC trying to get in hearsay evidence when he told the jury they could only use the testimony for probative value if they believed it and that it did not follow through that the threats of one family member would lead to the charges laid against the defendant in the case before them.

JMO

So far, the jury has seen and heard tons of evidence against Jake. George, who is on trial, has hardly been mentioned. I have watched live stream every day, read every tweet....still, just my opinion. BTW I believe GW is as guilty as the others, but my thoughts are about what the jury is thinking.
So far, the jury has seen and heard tons of evidence against Jake. George, who is on trial, has hardly been mentioned.

but my thoughts are about what the jury is thinking.

BBM

Good post and I agree.

JMO

What would be the purpose to dye their hair in regards to the murder? People saw them before and after the murders with their hair dyed. I would thing that if the dye job was to hide their identity they wouldn’t have let people see them with the dyed hair. And they would have dyed it again after the murders. Jmo

Not only that but no one would see their hair that night with the masks they bought. I can picture it as being Angie's idea. Still makes no sense, you can tell who they are with black hair. Another weird Wagner Crime Family decision they may have voted on.

IMHO-if anyone is really planning on going to view the trial on the day(s) that AW and JW are testifying, you may want to call this week to find out if that is even possible. I've been watching the Scioto Valley Guardian Facebook live feed and locals are commenting that only very close relatives are getting in to the trial. It IMO sounds like not even local people are getting in. I'm reading the same from locals on the Law and Crime YouTube feed chat. I wouldn't want someone to travel a long ways and be disappointed. Again just MO and trying to be helpful.

I'm waiting for some evidence or testimony that links Gw4 to this crime or conspiracy. I haven't heard or seen the link yet. If the prosecution doesn't get out of the weeds, the jury will never see the forest. I hope something is coming soon.

IMHO-if anyone is really planning on going to view the trial on the day(s) that AW and JW are testifying, you may want to call this week to find out if that is even possible. I've been watching the Scioto Valley Guardian Facebook live feed and locals are commenting that only very close relatives are getting in to the trial. It IMO sounds like not even local people are getting in. I'm reading the same from locals on the Law and Crime YouTube feed chat. I wouldn't want someone to travel a long ways and be disappointed. Again just MO and trying to be helpful.
Why would that be? The are lots of empty seats.

Because these Wagners are stupid, they really think they look lik the cast of Boondocks Saints, Those dumb SOBs are truly spoiled stupid brats, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95