OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its 10 am. Try Chris Graves. Also Patricia Newberry. She's with the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Looks like she is leaving...

Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
Oct 1
A little sad to leave Ohio as it means cleaning out the patio flower pots in Nebraska this weekend with hope planted in spring bulbs

link: https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

and there are quite a few Patricia Newbury - and none have Cincinnati as a description - do you happen to have a link - and I shall check it out.

Remembering the eight victims:

40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr., 37-year-old Dana Rhoden, 20-year-old Hannah Gilley, 16-year-old Christopher Rhoden Jr., 20-year-old Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 37-year-old Gary Rhoden, 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden, and 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden.

Looks like she is leaving...

Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
Oct 1
A little sad to leave Ohio as it means cleaning out the patio flower pots in Nebraska this weekend with hope planted in spring bulbs

link: https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

and there are quite a few Patricia Newbury - and none have Cincinnati as a description - do you happen to have a link - and I shall check it out.

Here's Patricia Newberry, she goes by Patty

I think Chris Graves comes and goes because she teaches a journalism class at Univ of Nebraska. Their friend, Connie Schultz, also teaches a class at Kent State University, but she's not covering the trial. I think Patty Newberry took some of Connie's classes. Connie, Patty and Chris are all friends, per their Twitter feeds. Connie's husband is Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown. IIRC, Sherrod helped support the human trafficking investigation in Portsmouth/Scioto County.

Patricia Gallagher Newberry
@pattinewberry
·
Oct 2
Who is up next in the #PikeCountyMassacre trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV? Here’s a look at likely next witnesses from @Enquirer
. https://cincinnati.com/story/news/c...ify-in-pike-county-killings-case/69528847007/
via @Enquirer

from article:

Patricia Gallagher Newberry Cincinnati Enquirer

WAVERLY, Ohio – Witnesses have moved jurors to tears and sent family fleeing from the courtroom.

They’ve narrated images of bloody autopsy photos and bloody shoeprints.

They’ve handled automatic weapons, shown cryptic videos and detailed how seven members of Pike County’s Rhoden family and one future member spent the final hours of April 21-22, 2016, when they were shot to death in their homes.

And that’s just the first 30 or so witnesses.

In the remaining two to four weeks of the trial of George Wagner IV, facing 22 counts related to the Rhoden killings, lawyers working for and against Wagner IV will return to some of the most anticipated of witnesses – family members.

Here’s who to expect and how they figure into Ohio’s largest ever criminal investigation.
Wagner IV’s uncle Bobby Wagner; his wife, Julie; and their daughter, Katy, have been summoned to testify. The family runs Southern Mountain Horse Co., raising horses and goldendoodles from their home in Shade, Ohio, in nearby Athens County.
[.....]
Wagner IV’s aunt, Robin Wagner, has also been called. She works and lives with her mother, Fredericka Wagner, at Flying W Farms in Lucasville, the horse and exotic animal breeding business that created much of the family’s wealth.
[.....]
On his mother's side, Rita Newcomb was charged with forgery, perjury and obstructing justice. She’d been accused of doctoring custody documents at the center of the case at the request of her daughter, Angela Wagner. In December of 2019, Newcomb reached a plea deal that reduced the charges against her to obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
[.....]
Newcomb will be sentenced after she testifies against Wagner IV and his father, a condition of her plea agreement, according to her attorney, Franklin Gerlach.

Like other witnesses, Newcomb is on “phone standby,” waiting for a call on when to appear. The witness schedule in the case has been in flux because of delays created by the illness of some parties.

Wagner IV’s paternal grandmother, originally subpoenaed to appear Sept. 19, is also on standby. Fredericka Wagner, the family matriarch, was facing charges of obstructing justice and perjury in the case, accused of lying to the grand jury that indicted her family about two bulletproof vests she had purchased online.
[.....]
The charges against Fredericka Wagner have a six-year statute of limitations, Canepa said earlier.
[.....]
The former spouses of Wagner IV and his brother have not been summoned. But Canepa talked about both in her opening statement, so they could make the list.
[.....]
Jake and Angela Wagner changed their pleas to guilty last year to avoid the death penalty. As part of their deals, both are required to testify in the trials of Wagner IV and Billy Wagner.
[.....]
Lawyers for both sides have made clear that Wagner IV’s decision to testify – or decline to – does not indicate guilt or innocence.

But whether he takes the stand or not, his lawyers will likely call witnesses to confirm their version of the April 2016 events: that Wagner IV did not kill anyone; that he did not plan the killings; and that he only learned about the crimes hours after they happened from his brother.

and last tweet - an hour ago...
Here’s a Monday morning look ahead to #PikeCountyMassacre trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV for @Enquirer

I shall go see if Evan has any tweets yet - BRB. :)
Evan really does do the best. Cincinati.com's reporter gives really nothing on twitter and you have to pay to read the .com stuff. Chris Graves seems to only link cincinati.com. Law and Crime Levy's twitter, not so great with info until the next day.

Anybody know who this Jeffrey Tackett is in relation to the Rhodens? I've heard the Tackett name before, reading about the area but dob't remember specifics.

Evan really does do the best. Cincinati.com's reporter gives really nothing on twitter and you have to pay to read the .com stuff. Chris Graves seems to only link cincinati.com. Law and Crime Levy's twitter, not so great with info until the next day.

Anybody know who this Jeffrey Tackett is in relation to the Rhodens? I've heard the Tackett name before, reading about the area but dob't remember specifics.

Someone asked James Pilcher on Twitter who Jeffrey Tackett is...no reply yet.

I am glad to see that during opt-out witness testimony, the camera stays live on George and his lawyers (minus audio). Better than camera focused on wall. At least we know something is going on in the courtroom.

Is that on Law and Crime feed? WCPO is still showing the blue message screen with their music. Nvmnd, just found it. Much better than that endless music. Thanks.

Today the live feed is showing GW4 will the opted out witnessess are testifying. It appears as if they only cross-examined CR for 10 minutes or less. Now that we are not seeing the first 2 witnesses, I have had time to really observe GW4. He never looks at the witnesses while they are testifying (IMO).
I wonder if this is on the advice of his attorney? If he's looking at the witness with that mean stare, it could be perceived by the jury as intimidating a witness?

Was there a Jeffrey Tackett way back a Pike County Deputy? JMO. Name rings a bell from I can't recollect where I read or what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95