OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The more you read and think about it, the more problematic it seems.

See...much ado about nothing.

But yer boy Myers sure cracked open a Hornets nest.

I think it's not over, though. Like I said yesterday, this needs a legislative change to make the law more clear. Let's see if big man on campus pursues it.

Sorry if posted already.
And now the Court of Appeals does a ……does a 180….?
From Cathy Russian, Exec. producer Law&Crime @

“Judge will NOT holding a hearing when a witness opts out per this order dated today. See new ruling from Appeals Court. #GeorgeWagnerIV #PikeCountyMassacre”

Attachments

• B49158CF-959C-4581-9227-A055C60CC220.jpeg
    B49158CF-959C-4581-9227-A055C60CC220.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3
Why in the world would you cut up the guns... but throw away the pieces together? Dummy
I think his intent was to prevent the gun from being able to be fired for comparison to bullets from the crime scenes. He didn't count on the most awesome gun expert/analyst from BCI to be able to piece it together and still fire it for comparing purposes.

Jake said he also remembered GW4 saying something to him about his honestly always getting them in trouble. He also remembers Billy making a comment at Gary's funeral about Kenneth's dog Brownie being in the camper but he didn't move

Jake said Billy had a dog that came from Chance, Chris Sr's dog and a female dog.

They were dog people & had been around Rhodens for years. They knew the dogs. The dogs knew them. MOO

I finally feel like I got my answer on the dogs.

I think it's not over, though. Like I said yesterday, this needs a legislative change to make the law more clear. Let's see if big man on campus pursues it.

Good luck with that. The Ohio General Assembly has its own agenda. It's term limited, so most members are not in office long enough to understand their jobs. They relay on lobbyists and donors to tell them what to do. Getting them to fix something like this could either be ignored or fixed in the wrong way.

Good luck with that. The Ohio General Assembly has its own agenda. It's term limited, so most members are not in office long enough to understand their jobs. They relay on lobbyists and donors to tell them what to do. Getting them to fix something like this could either be ignored or fixed in the wrong way.
Oh, I agree. I just want to see if Myers even makes an attempt to finish what he started.

I think his intent was to prevent the gun from being able to be fired for comparison to bullets from the crime scenes. He didn't count on the most awesome gun expert/analyst from BCI to be able to piece it together and still fire it for comparing purposes.
why not just drop one piece at a time in each different state they drove their truck through, I think JW enjoyed knowing the guns were in the concrete buckets on his grandmother's farm, "hiding in plain sight" was what he testified he was taught about things that needed to be hidden,

why not just drop one piece at a time in each different state they drove their truck through, I think JW enjoyed knowing the guns were in the concrete buckets on his grandmother's farm, "hiding in plain sight" was what he testified he was taught about things that needed to be hidden,
I don't know about enjoyed. I think they all just thought if it was close to home they could keep an eye on it. They were paranoid about being tracked. They didn't even want to drive their own vehicle over there and took great steps to get a truck and get rid of it before the sun came up. I think they also kept that truck close by because they would know of BCI was looking at it. If anyone was searching the pond at FWF they would know. I don't think they would have found those guns if Jake didn't tell them so in that way it was smart what he did. He knew where they were so they couldn't claim they found them trying to trip him up. He would know if they searched the farm or the pond.

I think the W's paranoia about being listened to, followed, tracked, and watched is what lead them to dispose of evidence close to home.

What's funny now is knowing that is what Billy told them to be calm around LE and then we heard Billy's interview and he was anything but calm. LOL Could almost feel his blood pressure through the audio.

Sorry if posted already.
And now the Court of Appeals does a ……does a 180….?
From Cathy Russian, Exec. producer Law&Crime @

“Judge will NOT holding a hearing when a witness opts out per this order dated today. See new ruling from Appeals Court. #GeorgeWagnerIV #PikeCountyMassacre”
What? It looks like they reversed most of it. They should have had enough time to do some research, right? SMH.

I don't watch a lot of trials (obviously, haha). Is this kind of thing typical or is it just another strange Ohio thing?

On the whole, I think judges like it just the way it is, limited access. JMO

Keep in mind the Appeals Court decision, as shown, states Failure to follow their decision will result in a mistrial. They specifically put mistrial on the table For this case. Hopefully it will be overruled, but for now it’s hanging over the judge’s head if that court feels he makes a wrong decision in one of his hearings about allowing a defendant to take the option. I presume a hearing will have to be held for every witness who wants to take the option going forward. so, more of those hearings with the threat of a mistrial if the judge rules in a way they don’t like.

Nash and Parker just succeeded in tying the rest of this trial in knots, with a wrong move by the judge resulting in mistrial. The decision also gives N&P a mountain of opportunities to appeal based on this decision. JMO, Ithink they were behind this “journalist’s” crusade.
Hopefully another court will overturn it.
I don't see in the Order language about mistrial. Am I not looking at the right order?

What? It looks like they reversed most of it. They should have had enough time to do some research, right? SMH.

I don't watch a lot of trials (obviously, haha). Is this kind of thing typical or is it just another strange Ohio thing?
There ya go, I guess "they" like the status quo because anything more is going to open the courts up too much to liking of the judiciary...and you can't have confessed killers being put in danger in the big house...lest we forget that BIG part of this morning's hearing. Opinions are all mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member