OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't condone sexual assault, rape, or violence, period. If the state wanted to put him to death, there's a right way to do that. They chose not to. MOO
But we know prisons are a violent place. It is even more violent for those murdering nursing mothers and snitches. The reality is he will have a tough go at it in the big house. It is best to not put ourselves in a position such as JW.

@Kyshoegal well we have to discuss something since we can't hear what is said. We can analyze the defense and George and we get to see the judge bite his nails.. lol Once court is over and the afternoon tweets start coming in we'll move on to discussing that.
I knew that was going to happen, though. I should NOT have posted Myers tweet. Another lesson learned.

I do think Jake tells the truth about the massacre itself and the cover up. I think he likes to shade things to make Hanna and Beth look like they were the problem and he was a normal guy protecting his child...
JMO I think he is a psychopath. There was no threat to SW. I think it all boils down to control. I also think he is lying about a lot of things like how involved his brother was in the killings but I think JW, AW and the other two idiots are the worst sort of bottom feeders, so my view is colored. I also think his ex wife was telling the truth about how he would kill her if she touched SW. I think the ex wife was dangerously close to being killed because AW threw out the whole inappropriate touching.

Just watched Pretty Little Lies podcast of Day 1 of Jake's testimony and something dawned on me.

We still don't know why there was money scattered on or near Kenneth's body. (Because Billy shot him while Jake stayed in the truck)

Or about the dogs. Darn it! I really wanted to know about the dogs.
I watched a show some years back about how easy it was to break into homes even with dogs. They used a ex con and the owners would give permission to see how their dogs reacted. The ex con said most dogs, even if they act aggressive, will not bite unless they have had bite training. I haven't tested the idea myself but he talked to them like he was meant to be there and they didn't attack him.

JMO, I think it was just the wrong solution for the problem. They wanted hearings, but they had no rules for how those hearings should work. Maybe it requires a legislative solution instead of a judicial one. How have they handled this in the past in Ohio courts? How do other states handle this? Just curious.

Just a guess, but the Appeals court used a precedent or something that worked in one situation, but was impossible to apply in another. IDK, IANAL.
Agree. It's my understanding the judge was following the states law and applying that law but it was a precedence of a minor. Which was appropriate.

This certainly is a legislative issue. So far, individual states set their laws, etc. Up and until it (if ever) someone has the money/time to ride this to SCOTUS. I don't see any state doing this. But, we've all seen surprises in life.

Todd is only one posting right now. This is what I got so far. Still checking.

https://twitter.com/ToddDykesWLWT

Court is adjourned for the day in #GeorgeWagnerIV's murder trial. Now it's deadline time from my end.. Wagner's attorney John Parker began cross-examining Jake Wagner at at approx. 2:35. 1/2

2/2 Prosecutors objected when Parker told Jake he got "the greatest plea bargain" in Ohio history. He was able to make the point to Jake that: "You're not facing the death penalty, but your brother is. And he (George) didn't fire a shot." Jake agreed.

JMO I think he is a psychopath. There was no threat to SW. I think it all boils down to control. I also think he is lying about a lot of things like how involved his brother was in the killings but I think JW, AW and the other two idiots are the worst sort of bottom feeders, so my view is colored. I also think his ex wife was telling the truth about how he would kill her if she touched SW. I think the ex wife was dangerously close to being killed because AW threw out the whole inappropriate touching.
Yep and after hearing Beth testify also about the very specific threats Jake made, while he just made it seem like a generic threat to anyone who would touch SW.. I believe Tabatha was truly threatened that day and afraid for her life. I believe Beth was specifically threatened and she was afraid for her life.

I mean when we see 8 people now dead and there is no other motive mentioned or even hinted at other than control of SW either because of fear of molestation or just fear of losing custody entirely to HR, either way the motive was clear that it was about SW. Then we have another wife running for her life, while the W's claim she hit George and George paid her attorney fee and blah blah.. of course he did.. he wanted her quiet and he wanted Bulvine.. period. Then we see Beth running for her life because accusations she touched SW.

If the jurors were iffy on believing any of it before, I hope they see the light now. Every issue in this trial is about control of one of the kids and about accusations that someone poisoned or touched one of the kids.

I do think this all started in Angela's head though. Jake def has issues also, but where did this idea come from? Angela telling him Sophia was poisoned, Sophia was touched, Tabatha poisoned them, etc. I think she nagged those boys also just like she did Billy. Over and over she told them all the things everyone else did to the kids.

Posted at 9:14 AM, Oct 26, 2022

and last updated 1:35 PM, Oct 26, 2022

WAVERLY, Ohio — Jake Wagner will continue testifying against his brother George Wagner IV on Wednesday, who is on trial for the murder of eight people in Pike County in 2016. He has opted out of being recorded during his time on the witness stand.

I wonder if the Trial Court's attorney or someone from someone higher in the Ohio Judiciary didn't send them a message saying "what do you think you're doing?"
I think that may have happened. Maybe a call from the former AG who first managed the Pike County Massacre investigation until he was elected governor.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Angenette5

COURT IN RECESS FOR THE DAY: After lunch, Angie Canepa went through Jake's plea agreement with him and and asked him about pleading guilty to all charges. He said he agreed to testify "truthfully, completely and accurately.”

Jake Wagner said he asked, as part of his plea agreement, to see his parents and brother one final time before he went to prison, if they were permitted. Jake said even though he killed 5, he admitted to 8. "I just took it all.”

On cross, John Patrick Parker walked Jake through the steps he took that night. Jake added a new detail that he said he told prosecutors in July-ish. He said after he shot Frankie and Hannah Hazel

he handed his 1911 .22 to his dad while he looked for cell phones and shell casings. He said Billy Wagner shot Frankie in the head more times. He also added at Dana Rhoden's that the lights were on when he shot Dana and Hanna.

Jake also said his mother and brother tried to talk him out of the murders and that his mother lied to cover for him. He said he also told prosecutors in his proffer that George went along to protect him

Jake said he had to talk Angela and George into committing the murders. Parker: You realize you got the best plea bargain in the history of the state of Ohio? Andy Wilson: Objection. Angie Canepa said "Jesus and false statement.”

But we know prisons are a violent place. It is even more violent for those murdering nursing mothers and snitches. The reality is he will have a tough go at it in the big house. It is best to not put ourselves in a position such as JW.
It is a violent place but there's people in there who have done as bad or worse than him. If he tries to swipe someone's snacks from their commissary? Now that might just be considered a dangerous thing to do inside.

View attachment 375625
I've admire the lovely and beautiful mural of Lady Justice displayed @the Pike County Courthouse Courtroom. A classic.
I remember researching that mural wanting to know who was the artist. Often depicted, the image of Themis, the Goddess of Justice was painted by W. T. Reed, a local area attorney. I found references to cases he was on (defense attorney) in the 30s and 40s but nothing after.

I am way behind today. Still with the hearing. Parker protesting the media recording Jake. Well protesting the media period. Did anyone else watch the hearing? If so did anyone hear Parker say that recording witnesses would jeopardize Georges chance for a fair trial in case of a mistrial over the 4th districts ruling on media not recording jake? Does this mean P&N are anticipating a mistrial over this media thing and Deering not following the effective immediately order yesterday?
JMO

It really makes one wonder. Could this be why CN said that he didn't want to be around GW any longer?
Another scary thought, they were ovtr driver's for year's...
I'll leave that there
Chris N only broke contact with George one month ago according to Randa H. I am thinking that is because Beth said George thought Chris N was cheating him.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member