OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25
Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58
Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
Statements being made as fact require a link.

Personal experiences
with marijuana are off topic.

Discussing both sides of what is being presented in court is permitted.

Do not chastise other members for their point of view.

Those that are unable to adhere to the rules as outlined in the TOS will be given a time out or banned from the conversation.

This trial is expected to be very long, and with any case there will likely be topics or claims presented that one personally disagrees with. That is OK - everyone is entitled to share their point of view, as long as it is done within TOS, facts are linked, the essence of the comment is victim friendly, and other posters are not attacked for their own point of view.

———
Mod Note:

Please keep in mind that the judge has stated no photos involving victims or minors, and no photos that include blood, etc. related to the crime scenes, are to be published. Those same images will not be permitted on WS in accordance with the court order.

Update to Judge’s Order 10/11/22:
ames Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
19m

Starting new thread for testimony in Wagner murder trial in Pike County. Also just learned appeals court ruled in media's favor allowing us to photograph and video any exhibit or evidence shown in court. It's up to us whether to publish or broadcast. Thanks
@jackcgreiner

@local12

Questions: contact a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Tiff

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread. Bickering, rudeness and personalizing are violations of TOS at any time, let alone in a trial thread. If it resumes, permanent thread reply bans will be issued to members involved.

Read, before you proceed…..

MOD NOTE:
As a reminder, Mods are not online at all times. There are only a few of us, and there is no way we can read each of our thousands of threads and certainly every post. Posts of concern or question should be reported using the “Report” hyperlink at the bottom of the post.

Additionally, I would like to reiterate that all views and perspectives are invited and welcome so long as they are in alignment with WS TOS. If you disagree with another, you do have options:
1. Scroll By
OR
2. Be curious to others opinions by politely asking why they see things the way they do

You do not have the option to be out right rude to, or condescending towards others. You do not have the option to accuse other Posters or generalize them in the thread as being PRO- Wagner. Some are here to learn and understand the process. Asking questions, and sharing of thoughts by Posters does not open the door to labeling or chastising others in thread.

Tiff

Since you're here: Are we allowed to use information, etc from the Topix site since it's been mentioned a few times and elaborated on what it is in court and on the court records?
TIA
Topix can be referenced only as presented by evidence in court.
Topix conversations, activities, etc are not permitted unless a conversation is specifically admitted into evidence and linkable via a court exhibit.

Bottom line: WS will not permit bringing over rumors or speculation from any website or chat room.

JW accuses EA of witchcraft, really? I'm going to guess that paranoid dumbass JW found something that was about the Amish type upbringing EW had and called it witchcraft. And he thinks her upbringing was in a cult. JW is really uneducated isn't he? IMO.

JW accuses EA of witchcraft, really? I'm going to guess that paranoid dumbass JW found something that was about the Amish type upbringing EW had and called it witchcraft. And he thinks her upbringing was in a cult. JW is really uneducated isn't he? IMO.
Not gonna get nothin by 'ol Jake. That's what that there home schoolin done.

Has it been confirmed who made the recording yet? If so, where can I find it?

Whether SVG reporter (D Myers?) recorded it himself or bought if off the street, wouldn’t the publication of it still be against judges orders? Is this guy just trying to anger the judge and possibly get every reporter ejected from the arena - and possibly everyone else?

This is as ugly as the trial itself.

I understood Jake made this accusation when he used EA's phone on their wedding night. He googled something "witch" related and google suggested witchcraft, spells, etc., which he took to mean that EW had visited such sites previously and became suspicious. Later when they were in Missouri, during a game of 21 questions, EA admitted she joined a cult as a teen. I didn't see anything referencing the Amish in the accusation per the Tweets. MOO

Has it been confirmed who made the recording yet? If so, where can I find it?

Whether SVG reporter (D Myers?) recorded it himself or bought if off the street, wouldn’t the publication of it still be against judges orders? Is this guy just trying to anger the judge and possibly get every reporter ejected from the arena - and possibly everyone else?

This is as ugly as the trial itself.
I'm following a murder case in NC where the defendants are juveniles, and where the court will not publish or identify the names of minors, and hearings are closed to reporters and the public other than family members of the defendant and victim. When the juvenile names were reported in local MSM, despite the gag order, we learned that contempt charges could apply but are seldom pursued against MSM essentially because the statute provides it's not illegal to share/publish the names if the names were obtained legally.

IMO, it's likely the same with the audio if the MSM obtained the audio legally. I suppose they could argue that it's not unusual for MSM to receive information anonymously. Nonetheless, IMO, the editor knows that there is no recording allowed in the courtroom and chose to publish the audio anyway. MOO

Jmo I had heard this prior to his testimony jmo the internet can tell you many things jmo didn’t mention it before cause it wasn’t mentioned in trial jmo

Relative to the subpoena by defense counsel served on Jake's counsel allegedly for their notes related to JW's confession of his body count, no surprise that this request was quashed by the Judge for a couple of reasons: here, each defendant is charged with 8 counts of murder and in the prosecutors opening statement, AC states that the proffer agreement is for all 8 counts. Whether or not Jake confessed to killing none, 5, or 8 victims, under the statute, the charges remain the same. GW4's defense is very annoying. MOO

https://twitter.com/CFranciscoWCPO

Jake Wagner told jurors this afternoon he does not think prison is punishment. As soon as he said he does not believe life in prison is punishment, defense brought up a phone call from jail where he spoke of workout rooms... the prosecution objected.

He said he has a bad memory. He said his mind is like a jigsaw puzzle with extra pieces.

The defense went through the entire plea deal in which the state agreed to spare the wagners' lives if jake and angela testified to their satisfaction. The defense used that to cast doubt on what he's telling jurors.

https://twitter.com/Angenette5

AFTERNOON BREAK IN OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV: I think all of the questioning today was to make Jake Wagner comfortable taking questions from John Patrick Parker.

After lunch, Parker asked Jake about all of the people he has lied to: The Rhodens- I did. The Manleys - I did. BCI- I did. You lied to Beth Anne - I did.

Parker then asks: "you sir, are a cold-blooded killer?" Jake smiles: "I am." Parker: You're a liar. Jake: I was.

Parker then has Jake read the story for the account Angela set up to raise money for his legal bills for custody. It ends with "I hate to see my daughter cry." Jake said he approved of his mom setting it up.

Parker then shows Jake photos of Corey and Hanna kissing from Facebook. Jake had seen those photos and admits "it brings back memories." He admits, "to an extent" when asked if he was jealous

Parker asks whether he sold a woman a chicken at swap days. Jake: "I did." He says he bragged about selling a woman a pregnant chicken at swap days. State objects. He says he's told that story so many times he can't remember whether it actually happened or not

Parker asks whether he has problems with his memory. Jake says he does. Jake admits he gets confused sometimes and has trouble remembering things. "Sometimes I remember things in pieces that didn't happen that way.”

Jake is asked when was the last time that he saw his daughter? He said the day he was arrested. Parker: you said you asked the state for a lot of things? Jake: I did.

Jake admits he asked for a family reunion with his mom, brother and dad to happen before he goes to prison and to include Bulvine and Sophia. He was told that wasn't on the table.

Jake says he also asked for George and Angela's charges to be dropped. Not Billy's though. State said no.

Jake admits he told BCI he hit a deer with Chris Sr's truck the night of the murders on 772. (Is there damage to the truck, I wonder?)

Jake also said "I would say I remember things like a jigsaw puzzle. Some of the things are there and some are not.

Jake admits his lawyers had presented the evidence against him prior to his proffer. Jake admits about the death penalty that he didn't want to die.

Parker: Do you think going to prison for the rest of your life is punishment?

Parker: What do you expect when you go to prison? State objects. Sustained. Parker: Do you think there will be a workout room? State objects and Canepa laughs audibly.

Parker further questions Jake about his memory and what he told prosecutors versus what he testified to. He doesn't remember telling prosecutors that he put the SKS in the truck after firing at Chris Sr.'s truck

Parker then asks q's about the goose house which Jake now called a duck house. Jake said he took the guns out of the duffle bag in the new barn in June for Father's Day for Grandpa Wagner. Then he says birthday which is in Jan or Feb

Jake said he and Billy planned the murders when asked by Parker. Parker then implies through Q's that Canepa and Scheiderer gave answers to Jake by the way they asked their q’s.

Parker: do you have plans to meet your daughter? State objects. Sustained.
Much more later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member