OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo it could be defense didn’t press for interview to be played because they liked people questioning if there was one and it only made prosecutors look like they were hiding something. It was a defense without having to do anything.
They did ask for it to be played and AC battled for it not to be played unless I was listening to another case.

can't ask him about anything he wasn't asked on direct, his defense team played an absolute blinder in direct examination of GW, they never even tiptoed up to the crime scene evidence once, they never went into finances in depth, so they ensured the state could not ask GW any questions about the actual crimes

IMO it was one piece of spectacular lawyering, and they had this up their sleeve the whole trial
So even when he asked if he went up to union hill road and left fork road, etc. He says no, no, no.. that didn't open the door about any of the crime scene stuff? If this is true then it makes much more sense why she wasn't asking some questions.. she couldn't.

A real alibi.

A movie ticket.
A store receipt.
A Redbox receipt.
A friend or two to alibi him.

I would believe a solid alibi. He doesn't have one. It's his word against his mother's but also GW's timelines of when Billy was at the Peterson Rd house & time GW went to bed do not align with Jake's timeline or more importantly with CR/GR time of death.
Jmo if a person stays home how do they get those tickets. The don’t have friends over how can they get that? Right now I am alone and if I was accused of something I have no solid proof of a alibi other than being on my phone. But what if I wasn’t on my phone what could I possibly offer to prove I am here on my couch. Jmo

can't ask him about anything he wasn't asked on direct, his defense team played an absolute blinder in direct examination of GW, they never even tiptoed up to the crime scene evidence once, they never went into finances in depth, so they ensured the state could not ask GW any questions about the actual crimes

IMO it was one piece of spectacular lawyering, and they had this up their sleeve the whole trial
I agree. They showed up & showed out when it counted.

Jmo if a person stays home how do they get those tickets. The don’t have friends over how can they get that? Right now I am alone and if I was accused of something I have no solid proof of a alibi other than being on my phone. But what if I wasn’t on my phone what could I possibly offer to prove I am here on my couch. Jmo
And even your phone being at home doesnt mean your at home. Look at this case.

cell phone data for one. it could pinpoint the area you said you were at during a time of an offense you would be accused of

Where is your phone? It would likely ping off a nearby tower.

I believe the prosecution could ask a million more questions of GW. Likely would not get you very far but IMO should have been more.

It doesn't really have to be something that GW testified to... after all he would maybe lie. She could have asked all kinds of questions related to testimony already given. Right?

They did ask for it to be played and AC battled for it not to be played unless I was listening to another case.
She battled for Jake's to not be played. The defense wanted to play it before he took the stand. She argued that when Jake was on the stand they could ask him about whatever was in the interview, but playing it before was an attempt to discredit him before he was on the stand to answer questions. Not playing George's was argued because at that point he wasn't on the stand and the state had no way to know he would be taking the stand. If and when he (George) took the stand the defense could have played it, because he would be on the stand to answer to cross examination. The defense chose not to play it when they could have, when GW4 was on the stand.

IMO they didn't want to play it to highlight any inconsistencies they just wanted to talk about it as if it was a big deal and then they ended up not playing it when they could have.

IANAL, but if on direct certain things were not talked about then maybe AC couldn't play his border interview because it included things not brought up on direct. If the defense didn't play it maybe that's because they didn't want to open the door to the entire interview from the border. AC asked about what time he stated he went to bed at the border interview because he was asked directly about when he went to bed on direct. Maybe AC could only ask about things he mentioned on direct? If that is the case the the entire interview may not have been allowed to be played.

cell phone data for one. it could pinpoint the area you said you were at during a time of an offense you would be accused of
all the phones were at Peterson Road that night, cell phone data and activity show that, depending on who you believe AW JW say they all left phones at home for their alibis, GW says he was at home with his phone, BW we do not know what he has said or will say, as excepting that ranting initial LE interview BW hasn't had much to say since

no it was GW as AC argued it would be allowing GW to testify via this interview, she argued he could only testify if he got on stand
I don't remember it that way. Not saying you're wrong. Do you know what day this was argued.

But I am home. So my phone is home, but if accused of killing somebody down the road what proof could I have for an alibi? None, it happens innocent people dont always have an alibi.

Didn’t know Hanna Hazel either…
Why would he? She was born, raised, and graduated from H.S. in Scioto in early 2014. By early 2015 she'd somehow met FR and was expecting lil Ruger. She had no driver's license, and sat there with kids all day. So sad for such a promising young lady. From Chelsie's interview with the paper, FR was more into heading out to Derbys, when his boys were born anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr