OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully... there would be other evidence of someone else. If none against you. No worries.

She battled for Jake's to not be played. The defense wanted to play it before he took the stand. She argued that when Jake was on the stand they could ask him about whatever was in the interview, but playing it before was an attempt to discredit him before he was on the stand to answer questions. Not playing George's was argued because at that point he wasn't on the stand and the state had no way to know he would be taking the stand. If and when he (George) took the stand the defense could have played it, because he would be on the stand to answer to cross examination. The defense chose not to play it when they could have, when GW4 was on the stand.

IMO they didn't want to play it to highlight any inconsistencies they just wanted to talk about it as if it was a big deal and then they ended up not playing it when they could have.

IANAL, but if on direct certain things were not talked about then maybe AC couldn't play his border interview because it included things not brought up on direct. If the defense didn't play it maybe that's because they didn't want to open the door to the entire interview from the border. AC asked about what time he stated he went to bed at the border interview because he was asked directly about when he went to bed on direct. Maybe AC could only ask about things he mentioned on direct? If that is the case the the entire interview may not have been allowed to be played.
Jmo they did ask for George’s interview to be played and Capena said it would be like him testifying without cross examination. She said if he wanted to testify he could take the stand and he did. Jmo

Both sides officially rested their case Friday, and the prosecution said it would be calling no rebuttal witnesses.

“Your honor, the state of Ohio has no further witnesses, and the state of Ohio officially rests," Pike County prosecutor Rob junk told the judge.

Update: Both sides Friday afternoon officially rested in the trial of George Wagner IV.

The jury, on duty for just eight minutes today, was sent home until the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Judge Randy Deering said the coming holiday week would be "a period too short to get it all done." He said closing statements are "expected to be lengthy" and instructions to the jury "would also take some time."

Deering said he expects jurors to get the case Nov. 29 or 30 at the latest.

Both sides officially rested their case Friday, and the prosecution said it would be calling no rebuttal witnesses.

Last edited:
Why would he? She was born, raised, and graduated from H.S. in Scioto in early 2014. By early 2015 she'd somehow met FR and was expecting lil Ruger. She had no driver's license, and sat there with kids all day. So sad for such a promising young lady. From Chelsie's interview with the paper, FR was more into heading out to Derbys, when his boys were born anyway.
Jmo I have a best friend that due to different stages of our lives we would go a year or two without talking. But I knew that if I ever needed her I could call her at anytime. And she could call me.

They asked but after George testified they didn’t press on about it. They could have said George testified so now your previous reason for not allowing it to played isn’t valid. Jmo
Unless recording his interview was the one they screwed up the audio on. Something went wrong with that audio or she doesn't want it played for another reason. She can still have it introduced tomorrow if she'd like, she could have all along, but the defense has no reason to ask for the tape. They've been turned down. AC won her argument. Edit: In light of the fact that @Cool Cats just said both sides have rested their case, I don't see AC trotting in with an audio tomorrow.

I’ve watched and listened every day of the trial

im going to try to find the testimony for I remember him saying it was the video he turned off not the audio. Something to the effect of thought turning it on but turned it off by mistake. Then follow up was they did get audio. I may be wrong
I think it is around day 19 through 21

He said he turned the recorder off by mistake so they did not get recorded one of the W's interview. He said they discovered that after they went back to listen to it. Since Canepa did not play George's interview and did not have a transcript and apparently did not give the defense either video, audio or a transcript of George's interview, since George asked her for one on the witness stand, I am going to make a jump here and say it was George's interview they failed to record. Canepa was stumbling around with those ummms when she was asking questions about it. She did not confront or contradict George when he denied saying something in that interview or says he does not remember saying that. Shows Canepa had no idea what was said in the interview and was relying on the agents memory of what was said. She came off very unbelievable on that and you could tell in her voice she was unsure about it. If I heard the doubt in her voice about what George said in the interview I am sure the jury did also.

Lots of glaring mistakes by BCI and Canepa in this trial. They would have been way better off giving George immunity in exchange for him testifying to what he knew. They would have also saved millions of dollars that could have been used towards Billy's trial.

JMO

Jmo if a person stays home how do they get those tickets. The don’t have friends over how can they get that? Right now I am alone and if I was accused of something I have no solid proof of a alibi other than being on my phone. But what if I wasn’t on my phone what could I possibly offer to prove I am here on my couch. Jmo

Myland said:
Jmo what kind of evidence could George present at trial to prove he was not there that night. If he was innocent what piece of physical evidence can a person provide in this situation

My answer: A solid alibi.

Does your above response mean you don't have a solid alibi?
Because your best option is not to be living a life of crime or be interwoven and enmeshed with people who lead a life of crime in the first place. That brings us right back to square one & exactly how George found himself in this mess.

Yeah the I-gamble-so-much,-I'd-bet-if-it-was-gonna-rain-or-not part? He did do some stumbling and bumbling didn't he. I think every juror must have caught that one. JMO
Once again, the tattoo guy testified that George's tattoo was his (tattoo guys) idea. So you are saying the tattoo guy lied on the witness stand?

JMO

George's cell phone data shows his phone, all 4 Wagner phones, were at Peterson Rd all night until morning.

But this doesn't give George an alibi.
But there is evidence that he was not at home. 2 different witnesses also placed him at the scene.

Hopefully. 2 different witness don't testify against you (family no less) to put you at a crime scene you were not at. In addition to other things.

and BW and JW phones there too... but they were not home either.

Talk about seeing nothing, knowing nothing, hearing nothing about this one time the family crime was murdering people.

No, I thought they were ready to have him do rebuttal, though. Sounds like they changed their mind.

They were able to catch GW4 in a number of lies in front of the jury yesterday, so that will make them realize he's lying about not being involved.
How did they catch him in lies when they had nothing to prove he was lying? As much as we would like it to, our opinions don't count in a court of law. Only the jury's does.

JMO

Pretty obvious Jake wasn't lying when he told them where to find the guns and truck. Why lie saying George went along that night?

Makes no sense for your mother and brother to give testimony that an innocent family member went to the scenes of 4 murders when they did not.

Angie's and Jake's testimony doesn't contradict statements they gave to LE, George's does. And George gives no reasons why his mom and brother say he is involved if he wasn't.

If George wasn't at the crime scenes Jake wouldn't have been so specific in explaining the details. I mean like my brother held this type of gun with this type of suppressor, couldn't see over it, I took it from him, he rode in truck, hid under another truck, stood near Chris Jr's bedroom...and so on. Specific details from Angie also.

George is not addressing these dozens of supposed lies against him. The murder questions are brushed off with simple "no" answers.

But the jury saw and heard Jake and Angela so they probably already know alot about how they feel about their credibility.

All the jury has to believe is that George went along with Jake on the murder spree that night. This means they have to discount dozens of statements from his mother and brother. George gives them nothing to work with when it comes to why would they say all this stuff against him, dozens of lies, when he is innocent? What do they gain? Nothing.

Frame your own brother and son, why? All they had to do was admit their own guilt, plead guilty to get a deal. Not add in innocent family members. For no reason.

This makes zero sense. Especially because they would want him to keep custody of the 2 children. The custody is what mattered to Jake and Angela. George is out so he let's the kids see them on video or visit, takes care of money for them in prison, visits them, does many things for them, gives them outside information they ask him about, etc....

George is worth more to them being on the outside, not in prison for life. They needed him to not get arrested. Not get convicted. No reason to lie to help him get convicted.

Why try to take George away from raising his son? No reason to do that if George is innocent.

The jury can see all this.
I disagree. Parker pointedly asked George if he was paid anything for his testimony or if he was given a plea deal for his testimony. George said no. This is in direct conflict with the fact that both Jake and Angie recieved some compensation Re: a plea deal for their testimony. This carries weight with a jury. Like a jail house snitch that gets time off his sentence for testifying. They had a motive to lie.

JMO

I would not convict GW, not to being complicit or any of his charges, the state did not reach BARD for me, and anybody who has seen me posting throughout the years knows what I think of codefendants getting deals,

in this case the admitted killer of 5 benefitted from his testimony, AW without whom these crimes would not have happened gets 30 years, IMO

the person who the admitted killer of 5 says killed nobody and who says he had no part in it could theoretically get the DP, that IMO is not justice

but I think GW was fighting a losing battle from the start, as day after day after day gruesome, bloody photos with close ups of head wounds were shown, it would take a strong juror to resisit convictimg him as he is all they have to convict,

and even if GW testimony has given them pause for thought, and they could see that he may have not been involved they can easily say JW and AW said he did it so I can convict even if I am not totally convinced

IMO they know the magnitude of this case and a NG verdict would be very hard to render

Jmo they did ask for George’s interview to be played and Capena said it would be like him testifying without cross examination. She said if he wanted to testify he could take the stand and he did. Jmo
Yes and the defense didn't play that interview then either so I'd say it was more beneficial for them to not play it. If that interview opened doors that they didn't want opened during direct, maybe the state couldn't play it either. All the speculation that it wasn't played because there wasn't one or it was somehow something the state was trying to hide just don't make sense. The defense could have easily played it as well once George was on the stand or they could have called out Agent Scheiderer while he was on the stand if there was somehow no recording made available to them. They didn't, they just asked Agent Scheiderer about why there was no video and he explained that. Nothing about why isn't there audio of it, because there was audio of it.

He did! I went back to listen to it. He said about attempts to video record it and said they were trying to get video by using body worn cameras, but it was turned off or not turned on. They have audio. If they were not mirandized and didn't have audio the defense would have been highlighting that big time. No way they let that slide and not mentioned it. I didn't hear them say that once or object to any of AC's questions about what he said at the border. She wasn't lying and making stuff up. If there was not audio of that interview, then defense would have objected and said there was no recording of his. They would have asked Agent Scheiderer when he testified about what they did and who interviewed who at the border, why something wasn't recorded or why there is no record of it.

He was called yesterday and asked about the guns from the gun show I think it was. It was only maybe 5 minutes and the defense didn't have any questions for him.
Do you have a link, because that is what I heard them say about Angie's interview, so would appreciate if you have a link where they said they had audio of George's so I can listen for myself. TIA

JMO

Myland said:
Jmo what kind of evidence could George present at trial to prove he was not there that night. If he was innocent what piece of physical evidence can a person provide in this situation

My answer: A solid alibi.

Does your above response mean you don't have a solid alibi?
Because your best option is not to be living a life of crime or be interwoven and enmeshed with people who lead a life of crime in the first place. That brings us right back to square one & exactly how George found himself in this mess.
Jmo exactly I am home with no solid alibi. I would say there is zero chance I would be accused of something but it is possible for a person to be wrongly accused and not have a solid alibi.jmo

Jmo I believe George was born into this mess from the start. He didnt get to choose his family. The whole family is a mess. I believe Jake and Angela are pure evil. I do feel a little for Jake because he was born into the mess also. I can’t see that pure evil in George from what was presented in the trial. Jmo

Do you have a link, because that is what I heard them say about Angie's interview, so would appreciate if you have a link where they said they had audio of George's so I can listen for myself. TIA

JMO
I did post it earlier today. I even included times in the video where things are asked/answered.

Yes and the defense didn't play that interview then either so I'd say it was more beneficial for them to not play it. If that interview opened doors that they didn't want opened during direct, maybe the state couldn't play it either. All the speculation that it wasn't played because there wasn't one or it was somehow something the state was trying to hide just don't make sense. The defense could have easily played it as well once George was on the stand or they could have called out Agent Scheiderer while he was on the stand if there was somehow no recording made available to them. They didn't, they just asked Agent Scheiderer about why there was no video and he explained that. Nothing about why isn't there audio of it, because there was audio of it.
Jmo I only said the defense didn’t push playing it after George testified because not playing it caused people to question why the prosecutors didn’t play it and to me that was a defense without doing anything. People on here are wondering why. The jury could wonder also. When the defense causes people to wonder then reasonable doubt can come in. Not saying it did to any juror but it could have.

JMO MOO

George knew.

He also knew right from wrong.

JMO MOO

Edit: Landowners and their resident children are free to hunt on their private property, but they still have to follow hunting laws, and night hunting for deer is illegal. George admitted on the stand he was poaching. Edit: If I recall he volunteered that statement, but he may have been asked.

Last edited:
But there is evidence that he was not at home. 2 different witnesses also placed him at the scene.

Hopefully. 2 different witness don't testify against you (family no less) to put you at a crime scene you were not at. In addition to other things.

and BW and JW phones there too... but they were not home either.

Talk about seeing nothing, knowing nothing, hearing nothing about this one time the family crime was murdering people.
One witness put him there. One who had a stake in it for his very life. (Give us all four JW and you live) Aw claims to have never been at the crime scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr