OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does scribe or any media have the full 250 page motion filing from AW attorney? I’d like to read them.

...two dozen agencies from 10 different states and Canada helped. (Go Canucks!)
I am thinking Canada held them (W4,) up at the border for several hours per request. (didn't sound normal to keep individuals at the Canadian border crossing for 12 hours.) Canadians are so delightfully polite..."We can help, Eh!"

I believe that for the right price a liability umbrella policy can be written to cover anything. I did look at her propety a month ago and stopped when I saw the LLCs and the real estate company protection.

Not one thing would surprise me considering the mindset of this clan. I’m not even certain despite living near the “cross” the family has the normal respect and value for human life as the posters on this forum.

They have different beliefs, a sense of superiority and entitlement. Mostly due to their wealth in an area of poverty and a community of perhaps simple people.

And if found guilty, each of the 4 should be sentenced to death for the 8 lives they so heinously destroyed.

They will never be punished for the pain and devastation they alone imposed on scores of family. The images of the murders will stay with the first responders forever. The cost to one of the poorest counties in Ohio has already been exceedingly difficult. Monies intended for other programs and care of the young, the old and infirm has been cut short and transferred to the murder investigation.

These murders have probably affected hundreds if not thousands of residents if Pike County. The budgets of every agency called in to investigate have also been impacted all the way from BCI to the Attorney Generals Office. Even investigators in Alaska had costs pertainingvto this case.

The cost factor of the investigation is far reaching and often we don’t think about the money involved. And for every dollar spend on this Investigation is a dollar removed from another program.

The murderers didn’t just pull the triggers, they negatively impacted their neighbors, their county and the State of Ohio. And the lasting impact has only just begun. It may b decades before an accurate mental, physical, emotional and fiscal cost can be assessed to Ohio.

How about the emotional cost to the community of Pike county. Good people living in fear and suspicion, locking their doors at night, afraid to talk to even their own neighbors and suspicious of everyone because there were cold bloodied killers running loose for 2 1/2 years. Fred contributed to that mental and emotional anguish of her own neighbors by staying silent and lying to LE instead of coming forth and doing the right thing.

JMO

While normally prosecutors have to disclose all witnesses who are relevant to the case whether or not those witnesses will testify, they often don’t have to reveal the identity of confidential informants (CIs).

Our Little Secret
The government has an interest in not giving up the identity of a confidential informant to a defendant or anyone else. After all, a CI is someone who came to the police voluntarily and doesn’t wish to be identified, often because of a fear of retaliation.

Courts have long recognized the importance of the confidential informant in solving crime. Police gain information and leads from these informants that they may not be able to learn from other sources. If police reveal the identity of an informant, they may not get any more information from that person, and others may be afraid to serve as informants. Given the importance of CIs, courts have granted them privilege, which means that they don’t have to be disclosed in the same way as other witnesses.

Learning the Identity of a Confidential Informant

True, but as a juror, I'm probably not going to give the CI info any credence unless they can be called to testify. Most CI's have a reason for being there and it's about "self". Meaning they're getting something out of this.

From the link;

After a defendant has made a motion to reveal the identity of a CI, the court will evaluate the circumstances and evidence in the case and then make a call about how important knowing the identity of the informant is to the defendant’s defense.

Factors the court will consider in deciding whether a confidential informer’s identity should be revealed include:

• the possible defenses the accused might use
  • whether the CI might have information helpful to the defendant’s case
  • whether the accused already knows the CI’s identity
  • whether the defendant wants to call the informant as a witness, and
  • whether there is evidence of guilt apart from the information supplied by the informant.
The court may also evaluate the extent to which the confidential informant was involved with the crime. If the CI directly witnessed or participated in the criminal activity, then ordinarily the court will order disclosure. But if there is evidence of the crime from a source other than the CI, the court may decide to keep the informer’s identity secret.

I’m not sure. It depends on the circumstances and history behind them. For example, I’m gonna guess at some point Chris Watts will be diagnosed with a personality disorder and narcissism, but those would be irrelevant to me because he wasn’t failed in his life. He’s a sociopath. I know he already took a plea and all of that, but just giving an example.

What’s strange is Jose Baez went for the childhood abuse angle with Casey Anthony and it worked. I’d still like to hear from those jurors because as an outsider looking in, I never believed that’s for a second. She’s another sociopath. JMO.

Oh and you could look at Aileen and see she wasn’t “normal”. You could see it in her eyes, hear it when she spoke, and observe it in her body language. She wasn’t a sociopath- she was deeply, deeply damaged.

There are many, who you can see it in their eyes, that something just isn't right. This is why I would have to recuse myself from a DP case. I don't believe it is my right to take make that kind of decision.

Idk. Every animal breeder I personally know deals with litigation frequently. Mostly, the animal turns out to be less than what the purchaser expected. I’m not talking about pigs, only dogs, cats & horses.
As far as the property deals, my take is dif’, I thought she was affording persons not able to secure a conventional loan the chance to own their home. Risky on her part because she entered into agreements knowing they are credit risks. It appears to me she had strong contractual agreements & she followed said agreement.

Having lived on a farm with, at one time, three rental homes, I will say, that you get good folks, and you get those who not only won't pay you, they won't leave, and they trash your property. I read in one article abt this case, that someone was angry because they had to leave. Their payments were $250 a month, iirc. I'm sorry, but that's not a high payment. I payed more than that, over 20 years ago.

There is a market for no paying buyers, as long as they have a substanial down payment, they temporarily own a house. Don’t pay, they are OUT. Lots of money in that business. And yes, they run bait and switch ads to lure them in. No credit, no problem ! RUN

I had to put a substantial down payment on my land, then improved it by building my home, and I have to pay the bank each month, or they will oust me and I lose all of it. House, lot, everything. They are not sympathetic to any financial stressors , or a personal tragedy, nothing. They want that payment and if I'm late, I think it's in my contract, that I get a big ole penalty of 15% of my payment. There are folks who think b/c a person is not a bank, that they should float you for months.

How about the emotional cost to the community of Pike county. Good people living in fear and suspicion, locking their doors at night, afraid to talk to even their own neighbors and suspicious of everyone because there were cold bloodied killers running loose for 2 1/2 years. Fred contributed to that mental and emotional anguish of her own neighbors by staying silent and lying to LE instead of coming forth and doing the right thing.

JMO

I included that in one of my posts.

There are many, who you can see it in their eyes, that something just isn't right. This is why I would have to recuse myself from a DP case. I don't believe it is my right to take make that kind of decision.

I, too, could not & would not do it.

Having lived on a farm with, at one time, three rental homes, I will say, that you get good folks, and you get those who not only won't pay you, they won't leave, and they trash your property. I read in one article abt this case, that someone was angry because they had to leave. Their payments were $250 a month, iirc. I'm sorry, but that's not a high payment. I payed more than that, over 20 years ago.

People want something for nothing & think a wealthy person can afford to let them live rent free. Some may have assumed their contract made them the “owner”.

Anyone evicted is fortunate they got off the farm alive, IMO. Imagine GW3 assisting with evictions......

People want something for nothing & think a wealthy person can afford to let them live rent free. Some may have assumed their contract made them the “owner”.

Anyone evicted is fortunate they got off the farm alive, IMO. Imagine GW3 assisting with evictions......
TRUDIE ..sometimes I have to agree. "Billy's coming to help you move." I'd be packed and 3 miles down the road before he drove up!
Feds raised rates .25%

Last edited:

JMO
Jmo but the arrests hasn’t stopped the suspicions and fear of killers on the loose completely in the area. That won’t be stopped unless they are proven guilty.

I feel like it’s not a lot to ask considering the severity of the crimes. And the risk of this happening again had evidence not been obtained by whatever legal ways possible.

I agree. And to be clear, what I was thinking might be a big ask was the bugging of the house, if it happened, cross-jurisdictionally. Not that it couldn't have happened or shouldn't have, I was merely musing on how one state might respond to such a request from another, and agreeing with another poster who suggested that the FBI may have been involved in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenAmaterasu