OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going to yell at you RSD1200. :) The confusion has been because Angie Canepa said "reliable resouce, uh source" and then DeWine used a different term
"confidential source" and then a reporter morphed it into "confidential informant." (Depends on what video you watched and what article you read...so not a big deal, anymore. It took me a while to figure out why so many of us were using different terminology. That's all I have to offer on that "controversy/dispute." It's all good.)
I am sure there were recorded conversations. Just think of all the alphabet resources that could be accessed: IRS, DEA, BCI, HomeLandSecurity,SSA, ATF, VitalStats, USPS, Ohio Dept of Taxation, who by the way, SERIOUSLY are the most polite and helpful group I have ever dealt with. Rather than focus on "any one piece" of this 1000 piece puzzle (per DeWine)...I am willing to set aside "one piece for now" in order to see how the other pieces fit. Let's pray the jury gets the big picture, at the conclusion.
Nite.

When one types in all caps, and double spacing, in "internet speak" so to say, that's interpreted as, yelling at someone. Ftr, I'm not confused at all.

There is just something about the "revenge against LE" meeting at FW's that does not make sense.
Clearly FW must have had something VERY big at stake to host such a meeting, and I think it was bigger than the potential charge of lying to a grand jury. I think she might have had some maternal instinct to try to save her own blood from going to prison (she would not have known DP was even on the table then) but would have stopped short of risking going to prison herself.
Does not make sense to me that RW or RAW would even be at that meeting, why get involved in a murder plot against LE? They seem to be intelligent enough not to risk going to prison themselves if the revenge plot was carried out.
At the meeting might the 4 & FW have been trying to hire some unsavory type to do their dirty work for them. You know, someone that already had a record and could be discredited in court if he tried to imply the W family had anything to do with LE murders? Sounds like there are many people out there with motive to seek revenge on LE. Maybe the meeting was held at FW's house as she was funding it?
JMO
PS - and the unsavory type was wearing a wire in exchange for getting out of some of his own legal problems.

I like this. I truly think there's going to be some strange stuff that comes out. They even talk about escaping but there are no other names called as attending, but the five and the CI/R whatever. Who would they trust enough, to say; Hey, could you help me exact revenge on a public official, or two, or three? I mean, really, how would one go about it? That brings me back to a bug. I just don't see how they'd get in that house without a warrant. If they have a warrant, she's gonna be there.

Totally off topic, but my husband just told me No to Alexa for that reason. Not that we have anything to hide, but simply because it’s invasive. And then I read tonight how a homeowners parrot ordered a bunch of stuff off of Amazon, using Alexa while the homeowners were out of town. It made me giggle but I’d be upset if it were me.

I've watched it grow. Ever hear the song, Hymn of Acxiom by Vienna Teng? Truth.

I keep black electrical tape over my laptop camera and the speaker. I do not do Skype, etc... My kids are wired up! Alexa do this or that. Big ole nope for me.

Same here. Tape on camera on phone. Location- off. No apps. Standard iphone no add ons. I have settings to only get calls from my contacts.

Never would I have a l e x a / e c h o.

Jumping off of Trudie's post #120;

I know we keep beating this horse, but, this reads like they were actually at an individual's home, discussing this in front of a human;

Court docs: Suspect filed for custody of child at heart of Pike County investigation days after slayings

I pulled up the vid from FW's arraignment and the lawyer for the prosecution, states that the CI info came from conversation(s) held in FW's home. She states that FW was present, as well as G3, in addition to the other three co-defendants. So whatever they have, it appears that they got it, from a meeting(s) at FW's home.

Start @3:10

Sh
It used to be once a wire tap warrant (or similar interception of conversations) expired, every party would get a certified letter advising their convo had been intercepted by a third party. Each call was itemized. So, if their phones were “bugged”, each person they talked with should be getting a letter. Is this not the case these days, if anyone knows?
yes I’ve received one during an FBI PROBE INTO Senator Ted Stevens in Alaska.

Please do not yell at me.

I didn't say that it was. I said, " this reads like they were actually at an individual's home, discussing this in front of a human."

I also said, " the prosecution, states that the CI info came from conversation(s) held in FW's home. She states that FW was present, as well".

No matter if it is a human or a bug, it happened in FW's home. Not the Peterson home, and not the Alaska home. The conversation that she (the prosecuting atty) refers to, she says, took place at FW's home.

I don’t yell ever.

The caps are for emphasis.

I run by the old rules. I didn’t even think.

In my day which was the 80s 90s and 2000s before all this started yelling is what I did with kids or to get horses in for the night. Then the computer hijacked the word and now it’s when one capitalizes.

I’m so sorry. It’s my age. Yelling is something I do out the back door. And not anymore.

Totally off topic, but my husband just told me No to Alexa for that reason. Not that we have anything to hide, but simply because it’s invasive. And then I read tonight how a homeowners parrot ordered a bunch of stuff off of Amazon, using Alexa while the homeowners were out of town. It made me giggle but I’d be upset if it were me.

The same at our house and ditto for smart TVs. Just Google 'can smart tv's spy on you '.

Which makes me wonder, can LE get a warrant to use a person's own home device (FW?) to spy on someone? And it be used as a confidential source ?

Last edited:
There is just something about the "revenge against LE" meeting at FW's that does not make sense.
Clearly FW must have had something VERY big at stake to host such a meeting, and I think it was bigger than the potential charge of lying to a grand jury. I think she might have had some maternal instinct to try to save her own blood from going to prison (she would not have known DP was even on the table then) but would have stopped short of risking going to prison herself.
Does not make sense to me that RW or RAW would even be at that meeting, why get involved in a murder plot against LE? They seem to be intelligent enough not to risk going to prison themselves if the revenge plot was carried out.
At the meeting might the 4 & FW have been trying to hire some unsavory type to do their dirty work for them. You know, someone that already had a record and could be discredited in court if he tried to imply the W family had anything to do with LE murders? Sounds like there are many people out there with motive to seek revenge on LE. Maybe the meeting was held at FW's house as she was funding it?
JMO
PS - and the unsavory type was wearing a wire in exchange for getting out of some of his own legal problems.

Good theory. I've considered something similar since reading the indictments. The W family had many other acquaintances in the area who might help them in such an endeavor. Possibly a former tenant, someone who worked on their farm, etc. They had a lot of connections in the community.

I like this. I truly think there's going to be some strange stuff that comes out. They even talk about escaping but there are no other names called as attending, but the five and the CI/R whatever. Who would they trust enough, to say; Hey, could you help me exact revenge on a public official, or two, or three? I mean, really, how would one go about it? That brings me back to a bug. I just don't see how they'd get in that house without a warrant. If they have a warrant, she's gonna be there.

Was her house ever searched? If so, something could have been left behind to listen in. Even if they were just there to talk to her, they could have asked for a glass of water or something and hid a bug while she was out of the room. LE may have even had someone pose as a customer to get in her house to plant a bug. They have ways to get things done. If she has Alexa, they may have hacked that. There are many ways they could have gotten a listening device installed. It almost has to be recorded information or it would be called hearsay in court.

Same here. Tape on camera on phone. Location- off. No apps. Standard iphone no add ons. I have settings to only get calls from my contacts.

Never would I have a l e x a / e c h o.
Someone pointed out to me long ago, if you look at photos of Mark Z -owner of Facebook, every photo with him where there is a laptop or phone, he has the camera covered with black electrical tape. That was enough to convince me that virtual spying is a real thing. If the owner of the largest social media site covers his cameras, there’s a reason.

Has someone who testified to the Grand Jury suddenly disappeared like in Witness Protection? This motion seems to say that:
"In defense motion No. 32, Wagner's attorneys said it's their understanding that prosecutors "may plan to rely on the prior testimony of a witness because the state will contend that witness is unavailable" to testify during Wagner's trial.

Wagner said she's not convinced this witness, whoever it is, is unavailable."

Has someone who testified to the Grand Jury suddenly disappeared like in Witness Protection? This motion seems to say that:
"In defense motion No. 32, Wagner's attorneys said it's their understanding that prosecutors "may plan to rely on the prior testimony of a witness because the state will contend that witness is unavailable" to testify during Wagner's trial.

Wagner said she's not convinced this witness, whoever it is, is unavailable."

That’s interesting too.

Analysis: Pike County murder suspect's 49 motions reveal unexpected requests

This stuck out to me when I read the motions so I thought I’d mention it. If innocent, how does AW know how gruesome the crime scenes are thus prompting her attorneys requests to not allow photos?

Also wondering about this

In defense motion No. 32, Wagner's attorneys said it's their understanding that prosecutors "may plan to rely on the prior testimony of a witness because the state will contend that witness is unavailable" to testify during Wagner's trial.

Wagner said she's not convinced this witness, whoever it is, is unavailable.

It's the kind of motion, about a potentially mysterious witness, that could further complicate what's already a complex murder case.

Is there a way we can get a copy?

It looks as if a kindergarten student wrote it.

My take is it looks like the anonymous complainant packaged up a bunch of gossip and called it in as a complaint. Did a quick search on Reader in court records and it looks like he had a few civil judgements around 10 years back. Looks like he may have been operating a side business fixing mowers around that time. Nothing that stands out which would suggest financial problems due to gambling. It appears that the last docket entries were around 2012.

Last edited:
My take is it looks like the anonymous complainant packaged up a bunch of gossip and called it in as a complaint. Did a quick search on Reader in court records and it looks like he had a few civil judgements around 10 years back. Looks like he may have been operating a side business fixing mowers around that time. Nothing that stands out would suggest financial problems due to gambling. It appears that the last docket entries were around 2012.

I had the same impression. The person making the allegations keeps saying they "believe" these things happened, but it doesn't sound like they have any proof. Sounds like a lot of rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153