OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Myland and @IQuestion

Sorry to keep bugging everyone, but I'm trying to update the WS Timeline here for the Rhoden Murders. I wanted to include some info that you all provided back around Dec 22 regarding LE interviews with Jake, Angela and Billy Rhoden during 2017.

Can you help me out with a link, pls? Thanks!

Here are your posts from back then. If there's a problem, let me know and I'll remove them from the Timeline

OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39
Is this what you are looking for? I have copied IQ's and part of Raisin's posts - Thread #39, page 46, posts # 918 & 919.

#918 IQ
  1. Please feel free to enter add'l info...am just trying to see how W4 responded after each interview as the pressure increased.
    Coincidentally Jake, when someone calls you in for a police interview on Friday the 13th, it usually turns out badly.

o5/13/2016 Video of interview Jake Wagner
    08/??/2017 Wagners list Peterson Rd for sale $155,000 (yes $155K) Price change Sept and October 2016 and finally went pending on Feb. 17, 2017.
    09/09/2016 Audio of interview George WagnerIII
    10/05/2016 Audio of interview Angela Jo Wagner
    03/10/2017 Peterson house sells $165,000 7acres sell for 35K
    04/13/2017 Audio of interview Jake Wagner
    05/03/2017 Audio of interview Jake and Angela Jo Wagner
    05/08/2017 Audio of interview George WagnerIII
    05/12/2017 Investigators search 70 acre Peterson Rd farm sarched & property on RTE 41
    05/13/2017 SWAT team executes search warrant on Camp Creek Rd, Flying W
    05/13/2017 Audio of interview Angela Jo Wagner
    05/15/2017 A trailer belonging to Wagner family was seized by authorities during the operation. Bernie Brown who owns the site said "Wagners dropped items off at the property about a week earlier." IMPORTANT...THIS WOULD BE RIGHT AFTER GWIII interview.
    05/16/2017 Audio of interview Angela Jo Wagner
    05/17/2017 Audio of interview Jake Wagner
    05/21/2017 Audio of interview Jake Wagner
    05/21/2017 Audio of interview George Wagner IV
    05/21/2017 Audio of interview George Wagner III
    05/21/2017 Audio of interview Angela Jo Wagner
    05/21/2017 Video of interview (partial) Angela Jo Wagner
    (Hmmm, did someone say, stop the cameras, I want my attorney?)
    06/??/2017 W4 move out of area to Alaska

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Post # 919 - Raisin

3. RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member
    Gracie55 said:
    Thx--
    4/28 tracker destroyed
    5/12 Search
    5/16 JM arrested
    5/17 JW questioned
    5/21 4 Ws questioned
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39
Is this what you are looking for? I have copied IQ's and part of Raisin's posts - Thread #39, page 46, posts # 918 & 919.
Please feel free to enter add'l info...am just trying to see how W4 responded after each interview as the pressure increased.
Coincidentally Jake, when someone calls you in for a police interview on Friday the 13th, it usually turns out badly.

08/??/2017 Wagners list Peterson Rd for sale $155,000 (yes $155K) Price change Sept and October 2016 and finally went pending on Feb. 17, 2017.
05/12/2017 Investigators search 70 acre Peterson Rd farm sarched & property on RTE 41

05/15/2017 A trailer belonging to Wagner family was seized by authorities during the operation. Bernie Brown who owns the site said "Wagners dropped items off at the property about a week earlier." IMPORTANT...THIS WOULD BE RIGHT AFTER GWIII interview.

Post #919 - Raisin

4/28 tracker destroyed
5/12 Search
5/16 JM arrested
5/17 JW questioned
5/21 4 Ws questioned

End Quote.
IANAL, but I'm wondering if even just listening to those remarks about planning the murders, etc. qualifies as being part of the conspiracy, just as being present at a murder and knowing of it makes you guilty of murder, even if you didn't pull the trigger?

Hope that makes sense.

Still working on the timeline.

Does anyone have a link with any info about when the Wagners returned from AK? Doesn't have to be a specific date or a news media story. Any other valid info link will do.
This article is dated 11/2018, it states the W's returned from Ak six months previous.

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

Last edited:
IANAL, but I'm wondering if even just listening to those remarks about planning the murders, etc. qualifies as being part of the conspiracy, just as being present at a murder and knowing of it makes you guilty of murder, even if you didn't pull the trigger?

Hope that makes sense.

Does anyone have a link with any info about when the Wagners returned from AK? Doesn't have to be a specific date or a news media story. Any other valid info link will do.

Self delete—link won’t paste

Last edited:
That's a good question. Could RW have sent AW a pad of paper and stamps in a "care package?" IDK.

AW is in Delaware County Jail. She is permitted to have the following sent to her:

The following items MAY be sent to an inmate:

• Embossed envelopes (10 per package/envelope)
  • Sheets of blank paper (10 per package/envelope)
  • Photos (10 per package/envelope)
  • Magazine/puzzle/book pages (10 pages per package/envelope)
  • Letters
  • Cards (without attachments or glitter)
  • Money Orders (MUST have sender’s signature)

Stamps are usually available on commissary, as are envelopes and paper. FWIW, I rarely see a place that still allows Magazines and books to be sent.
    Inmate Information - Sheriff

AW is in Delaware County Jail. She is permitted to have the following sent to her:

The following items MAY be sent to an inmate:

• Embossed envelopes (10 per package/envelope)
  • Sheets of blank paper (10 per package/envelope)
  • Photos (10 per package/envelope)
  • Magazine/puzzle/book pages (10 pages per package/envelope)
  • Letters
  • Cards (without attachments or glitter)
  • Money Orders (MUST have sender’s signature)

Stamps are usually available on commissary, as are envelopes and paper. FWIW, I rarely see a place that still allows Magazines and books to be sent.
    Inmate Information - Sheriff

Agree on the mags, they can cause fights. If I had nothing to do but lie on my bunk staring at a gray ceiling and my collie had a new, glossy msg, I’d be more than jealous. Lol

Please feel free to enter add'l info...am just trying to see how W4 responded after each interview as the pressure increased.

Post #919 - Raisin

4/28 tracker destroyed
5/12 Search
5/16 JM arrested
5/17 JW questioned
5/21 4 Ws questioned

End Quote.

This article is dated 11/2018, it states the W's returned from Ak six months previous.

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody
I really had trouble trying to cut/copy this post, sorry if it doesn't flow so well.

Hope that makes sense.

This article says "Spring."

Hope that makes sense.

KUTU.com article in Alaska reported, "Spring." Report date 11.14.2018. Can't get it to link.

Hope that makes sense.

Don't have the link, but DeWine says early spring in the first media report after their arrests.

And AW registered registered to vote at the South Webster address in April 2018. Voter records.

Don't have the link, but DeWine says early spring in the first media report after their arrests.

And AW registered registered to vote at the South Webster address in April 2018. Voter records.

Is this rumor or fact? Thanks

Yes, thanks. I had two friends stop by earlier. They had a convo I was not involved in, even tho I was in close proximity. Big dif’ in participating or being in the home, imo.
The more I think about it, the more I think FW’s elaborate security system captured a lot. People with pricey horses take no chances. Her insurance co. May even require her to have cctv. Especially since she had the fire/claim.
RAW would have easy access to her home, likely know her system & be able to forward it to his computer, easily. IMO.
Tysm
Yes, thanks. I had two friends stop by earlier. They had a convo I was not involved in, even tho I was in close proximity. Big dif’ in participating or being in the home, imo.
The more I think about it, the more I think FW’s elaborate security system captured a lot. People with pricey horses take no chances. Her insurance co. May even require her to have cctv. Especially since she had the fire/claim.
RAW would have easy access to her home, likely know her system & be able to forward it to his computer, easily. IMO.
Tysm
Tysm

In the last paragraph...I'm confused. Who are you referring to as RAW? She or he? Thanks.

I understand very well and feel the same. These past few weeks have been a huge relief that the cases are solved and surviving family members are finally going to see justice for their loved ones. Our burdens have been lifted here, as well.

At the same time, there's a great sadness. Until now, we've never had a chance here to mourn the passing of the Rhodens & Hanna Gilley. We're first consumed by horror at the extreme brutality of the murders, but after the criticism of the family and their way of life, the focus on intrafamilial homicide, false rumors of rampant drug dealing and other criminal activity made it difficult to fully acknowledge the terrible loss of innocent lives. I recall during the funerals worrying if I should post nice photos of the Rhoden/Gilley family here and express heartfelt sympathy.

Investigators kept nearly every detail of the murders shielded from the public, down to the most mundane facts. We're only beginning to understand the extreme brutality of these murders and the horrific suffering some of them experienced before passing. And all for the most mundane, trivial and selfish reasons.

As the details leak out now, it's a relief to feel great sadness and be overwhelmed at the sadness, brutality and loss of these victims. We can only imagine how terrible this has been and will continue for their family and friends.

JMO
Thanks Betty P. It's all overwhelming.......don't know what to say.

Post #919 - Raisin

4/28 tracker destroyed
5/12 Search
5/16 JM arrested
5/17 JW questioned
5/21 4 Ws questioned

End Quote.

Thanks! I think I've got most of it sourced and integrated now. Hold my beer and watch for the next post...

i just posted in an effort to correct my ignorance (can incorrect wording in an indictment end in aquittal).

I love my family I love my township I love my county. I just hope the best for us. the majority of Pike county citizens have struggled for 150+ years . What's going on now isn't a reflection on the families that live in rural pike county.

i just posted in an effort to correct my ignorance (can incorrect wording in an indictment end in aquittal).

I love my family I love my township I love my county. I just hope the best for us. the majority of Pike county citizens have struggled for 150+ years . What's going on now isn't a reflection on the families that live in rural pike county.

I think incorrect language can be corrected. Found this, not specifically about indictments. But citations can be amended.

Rule 7. The Indictment and the Information

Your question is intersting to me, I’ve had two attorneys read the indictment, both
commented immediately on the language. (The indictment bc they are the same other than JW’s sex charge).

Last edited:
My 2 cents. Makes sense inmates not on sanctions would get a phone call with a loved one, even the Wagners. They are presumed innocent for now.

And yes some States allow bedside visits but I'm guessing the inmate must meet the same criteria as for funerals.

Yes for the family member too. Last wishes honored.
FaceTime

Draft - Updated Rhoden/Gilley Murders Timeline

• Excuse formatting errors, am working on them. Suggestions welcome.
  • I highlighted some of the Wagner family events in green to show how they fit in with the early, pre-arrest parts of the case history. It's new info and contrasts them against the old, original timeline entries
  • This timeline was first built within a week or so of the murders. I've left in most of items we originally included just to keep some history of the theories as they developed and to reflect the limited info available at the time
  • I'm not going to add each Wagner/Newcomb hearing, etc. it will be too much. What if we post links to the court docket site and just add major trial events?
  • It's probably still missing some stuff from the early days of Jake & Hanna's relationship and the custody fight, so please let me know what to add, with links
Green highlighting isn't transferring over, so I may change to italics.

Updated Timeline - Rhoden Family Murders - updating 1/2019

2012 - AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals.

From <Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered>

Jake Wagner accused of hacking, etc. victim phone, computers and social media accounts

March 2015

Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden end their relationship

Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case

May 2015

Frankie and Chris Rhoden, Jr get in a fight with another driver at a local demolition derby.

Violent Rhoden Brothers Met a Violent End in Ohio Massacre

August 2015

Hanna Rhoden becomes pregnant with her second child, Kylie

January 2016

Indictments against Wagner 4 allege they began plotting to murder the Rhoden family

February 2016

Box of marijuana discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation

April 3, 2016

Fredericka Wagner and Rita Newcomb forged custody documents related to Sophia, daughter of Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden

Billy Wagner to answer to charges for Rhoden, Gilley murders in Pike County

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out"

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hanna Rhoden gives birth to Kylie Rhoden

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/.../04/28/graves-my-wish-rhoden-babies/83652654/

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - Woman sentenced in road rage incident court case involving Chris Jr.

From <OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5>

Thursday, April 21, 2016

8am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Friday, 4/22/2016

1 am: April Manley, sister in law of Dana Rhoden, exchanges text messages with Dana

[video=youtube;bf4ObgRJ_Xo]

2 am: James Manley texted Jake Wagner, ex-boyfriend of Hanna Rhoden and father of her oldest daughter

Between 1 am and 7 am - the following were murdered

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.

Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)

Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley

Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

From <OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5>

7:15 am: Bobby Jo Manley, sister of Dina Rhoden, arrives at Chris Sr.'s property to feed his animals. She says she was with two friends, identities have varied, not confirmed.

7:15 to 7:40?: She uses a key to unlock the front door and sees the bodies of Gary & Chris Rhoden Sr. Exact time not known

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

7:49 am: Bobby Jo calls 911 Ibid.

7:53 am: PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 am 911 call from BJM. Ibid.

Approx 7:55 am: Billy Jo Manley runs next door to trailer of Frankie Rhoden & Hannah Gilley. Door is locked, she hears toddler inside, asks him to open the door. She then discovers the bodies of Frankie & Hannah. She takes the children outside to her car.

Ibid.

7:15 – 7:53 am: Sometime after discovering the bodies, Billy Jo Manley calls her brother James Manley. He and his son go to the home of Dana Rhoden and discover she is dead. According to his wife, James doesn't go further into Dana's home, though he can see her legs and hear a baby crying.

Ibid

8:07 am: Deputy Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Deputy Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am: Deputy Music, Deputy Ball, and Major Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] (later revealed it was James Manley) who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:07 am - 8:17 am: Time of death declared for victims.

8:21 am: PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohi...g-pike-county/

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ly-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

12:13 pm: at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ly-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

1:49 pm - Time of death listed for Kenneth Rhoden

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-family-death-certificates-released/85051602/

Saturday, 4/23/2016

3:41am - LE arrives at Bobby Jo Manley's residence to question her; 5 others also questioned

Kenny Rhoden (cousin) calls 911 in Greenup Co, KY stating he is being chased by a green Chrysler in South Shore, KY.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--la...mily-member-tells-911/3Fm6pql2aHJxjcJAzeaxvI/

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Autopsies performed by Hamilton County Medical Examiner in Cincinnati, OH

https://mgtvwcmh.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/pike-county-final-autopsies-redacted.pdf

http://nbc4i.com/2016/09/23/attorney-general-releases-autopsies-for-rhoden-family-members/

April 28, 2016

Funeral for Gary Rhoden, South Shore, KY

https://www.dispatch.com/article/20160428/NEWS/304289800

Jake Rhoden files for custody of Sophia, age 2, his daughter with Hanna Rhoden

https://www.wlwt.com/article/court-...ty-investigation-days-after-slayings/25141678

April 30, 2016 - Funeral for Hannah Gilley in Ottway, OH

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/n...ar-her-childhood-home/5n2hRlwvFmNks0R2gKtoRM/

May 3, 2016 - Funeral for Rhoden family - Chris Sr, Dana, Frankie, Hanna, Chris Jr. and Kenneth

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...always-scar-this-town/yRPTKlTHsLqHb2kAg3M2lN/

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Trailers of family members Chris Rhoden Sr, Frankie Rhoden & Kenneth Rhoden were sealed and moved to storage at Hasdell Chemical Co. in Waverly, OH. Dana Rhoden’s trailer was moved later.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...nty-mobile-homes-moved-crime-scenes/84288652/

Friday, May 25, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts a video interview of Jake Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2019-1-8_20-5-19-jpeg.163299/

May 27, 2016

Death certificates released to news media

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-family-death-certificates-released/85051602/

Times of death :

8:07 am Chris Rhoden, Sr, Gary Rhoden

8:11 am Frankie Rhoden, Hannah Gilley

8:17 am Dana Rhoden, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden, Jr.

1:49 pm Kenneth Rhoden

August 2016

Jacob Wagner, father of Hanna Rhoden's older daughter, lists his family farm for sale. Location is 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH

Sometime after murders and before May 2017 raid on Wagner properties, it is determined through testing that JW is not the father of Hanna Rhoden's second child.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

September 9, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with George Wagner III

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

October 5, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

ibid

March 10, 2017

Jake Wagner's Peterson Rd house sells for %165,000

Thursday, April 13, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct an audio interview with Jake Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake-wagner-appears

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

May 5 - May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH – farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.

Ibid

Saturday, May 13, 2017

LE team PCSO, BCI) raids Flying W Farms. Franklin County Sheriff's office assists. Their rep claims their SWAT team accompanied the raid, saying they had an arrest warrant. FCSO later retracts the statement. A neighbor of Flying W Farms who witnessed the vehicle caravan entering and leaving the property is interviewed, claiming there was a SWAT vehicle and an ambulance present.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2017/05/16/rhoden-investigation-intensifies/101759968/

From <https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...co-oh-8-family-members-murdered.306329/page-8>

May 16, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with Angela Wagner

Approx. July 2018

Grand Jury is seated in Pike County to hear evidence and testimony in the Rhoden/Gilley murder case

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/custody-fight-key-pike-county-case/aIKzRHo4MOwwNc4x9IvkyO/

July 18, 2018

Rita Jo Newcomb testifies before the Pike County Grand Jury, later charged with perjury and obstructing justice

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...ecutions/PikeCountyAdditionalIndictments.aspx

July 24, 2018

Fredericka Wagner testifies before the Pike County Grand Jury, later charged with perjury and obstructing justice

Approx August 2018

Wagner family members return from AK to Flying W Farms and later South Webster, OH. George Wagner IV returns later, arriving before the arrests

September 19, 2018

Unredacted preliminary autopsy reports of Rhoden/Gilley victims released for viewing by news media

https://www.wcpo.com/news/state/sta...reporters-to-inspect-slain-family-s-autopsies

October 30, 2018

Investigators gathered the final piece of evidence

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...alks-investigation-and-whats-next/2012179002/

November 7, 2018

Experts completed examination of the final piece of evidence

Ibid.

November 12, 2018

Grand Jury handed down murder charges against 5 Wagner family members and Rita Jo Newcomb

Ibid.

November 13, 2018

Indictments filed, bringing charges against:

George Wagner III, Angela Jo Wagner, George Wagner IV, Edward "Jake" Wagner, Fredericka Wagner and Rita Jo Newcomb. Arrests of all were made the same day

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Indictments allege George Wagner III, George Wagner IV, Angela Wagner, Jake Wagner and Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge against Ohio AG Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/...-bond-made-rhoden-family-massacre/2010483002/

November 15 - December 5, 2018

All suspects indicted in connection with Rhoden/Gilley murders arraigned on charges and plead not guilty

https://www.tdn-net.com/top-stories/53228/last-rhoden-murder-suspect-arraigned

Draft - Updated Rhoden/Gilley Murders Timeline

• Excuse formatting errors, am working on them. Suggestions welcome.
  • I highlighted some of the Wagner family events in green to show how they fit in with the early, pre-arrest parts of the case history. It's new info and contrasts them against the old, original timeline entries
  • This timeline was first built within a week or so of the murders. I've left in most of items we originally included just to keep some history of the theories as they developed and to reflect the limited info available at the time
  • I'm not going to add each Wagner/Newcomb hearing, etc. it will be too much. What if we post links to the court docket site and just add major trial events?
  • It's probably still missing some stuff from the early days of Jake & Hanna's relationship and the custody fight, so please let me know what to add, with links
Green highlighting isn't transferring over, so I may change to italics.

Updated Timeline - Rhoden Family Murders - updating 1/2019

2012 - AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals.

From <Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered>

Jake Wagner accused of hacking, etc. victim phone, computers and social media accounts

March 2015

Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden end their relationship

Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case

May 2015

Frankie and Chris Rhoden, Jr get in a fight with another driver at a local demolition derby.

Violent Rhoden Brothers Met a Violent End in Ohio Massacre

August 2015

Hanna Rhoden becomes pregnant with her second child, Kylie

January 2016

Indictments against Wagner 4 allege they began plotting to murder the Rhoden family

February 2016

Box of marijuana discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation

April 3, 2016

Fredericka Wagner and Rita Newcomb forged custody documents related to Sophia, daughter of Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden

Billy Wagner to answer to charges for Rhoden, Gilley murders in Pike County

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out"

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hanna Rhoden gives birth to Kylie Rhoden

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/get-access/?return=https://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/opinion/2016/04/28/graves-my-wish-rhoden-babies/83652654/

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - Woman sentenced in road rage incident court case involving Chris Jr.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

8am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Friday, 4/22/2016

1 am: April Manley, sister in law of Dana Rhoden, exchanges text messages with Dana

[video=youtube;bf4ObgRJ_Xo]

2 am: James Manley texted Jake Wagner, ex-boyfriend of Hanna Rhoden and father of her oldest daughter

Between 1 am and 7 am - the following were murdered

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.

Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)

Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley

Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

7:15 am: Bobby Jo Manley, sister of Dina Rhoden, arrives at Chris Sr.'s property to feed his animals. She says she was with two friends, identities have varied, not confirmed.

7:15 to 7:40?: She uses a key to unlock the front door and sees the bodies of Gary & Chris Rhoden Sr. Exact time not known

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

7:49 am: Bobby Jo calls 911 Ibid.

7:53 am: PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 am 911 call from BJM. Ibid.

Approx 7:55 am: Billy Jo Manley runs next door to trailer of Frankie Rhoden & Hannah Gilley. Door is locked, she hears toddler inside, asks him to open the door. She then discovers the bodies of Frankie & Hannah. She takes the children outside to her car.

Ibid.

7:15 – 7:53 am: Sometime after discovering the bodies, Billy Jo Manley calls her brother James Manley. He and his son go to the home of Dana Rhoden and discover she is dead. According to his wife, James doesn't go further into Dana's home, though he can see her legs and hear a baby crying.

Ibid

8:07 am: Deputy Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Deputy Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am: Deputy Music, Deputy Ball, and Major Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] (later revealed it was James Manley) who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:07 am - 8:17 am: Time of death declared for victims.

8:21 am: PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI

12:13 pm: at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

1:49 pm - Time of death listed for Kenneth Rhoden

Saturday, 4/23/2016

3:41am - LE arrives at Bobby Jo Manley's residence to question her; 5 others also questioned

Kenny Rhoden (cousin) calls 911 in Greenup Co, KY stating he is being chased by a green Chrysler in South Shore, KY.

'I fear for my life,' Rhoden family member tells 911 | Ohio News

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Autopsies performed by Hamilton County Medical Examiner in Cincinnati, OH

https://mgtvwcmh.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/pike-county-final-autopsies-redacted.pdf

Attorney General releases autopsies for Rhoden family members

April 28, 2016

Funeral for Gary Rhoden, South Shore, KY

Family honors first of 8 Pike County victims at service

Jake Rhoden files for custody of Sophia, age 2, his daughter with Hanna Rhoden

Court docs: Suspect filed for custody of child at heart of Pike County investigation days after slayings

April 30, 2016 - Funeral for Hannah Gilley in Ottway, OH

Hannah Gilley, 20, laid to rest near her childhood home

May 3, 2016 - Funeral for Rhoden family - Chris Sr, Dana, Frankie, Hanna, Chris Jr. and Kenneth

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...always-scar-this-town/yRPTKlTHsLqHb2kAg3M2lN/

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Trailers of family members Chris Rhoden Sr, Frankie Rhoden & Kenneth Rhoden were sealed and moved to storage at Hasdell Chemical Co. in Waverly, OH. Dana Rhoden’s trailer was moved later.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...nty-mobile-homes-moved-crime-scenes/84288652/

Friday, May 25, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts a video interview of Jake Wagner

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2019-1-8_20-5-19-jpeg.163299/

May 27, 2016

Death certificates released to news media

Times of death :

8:07 am Chris Rhoden, Sr, Gary Rhoden

8:11 am Frankie Rhoden, Hannah Gilley

8:17 am Dana Rhoden, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden, Jr.

1:49 pm Kenneth Rhoden

August 2016

Jacob Wagner, father of Hanna Rhoden's older daughter, lists his family farm for sale. Location is 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH

Sometime after murders and before May 2017 raid on Wagner properties, it is determined through testing that JW is not the father of Hanna Rhoden's second child.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

September 9, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with George Wagner III

October 5, 2016

ibid

March 10, 2017

Jake Wagner's Peterson Rd house sells for %165,000

Thursday, April 13, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct an audio interview with Jake Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake-wagner-appears

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

May 5 - May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH – farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.

Ibid

Saturday, May 13, 2017

LE team PCSO, BCI) raids Flying W Farms. Franklin County Sheriff's office assists. Their rep claims their SWAT team accompanied the raid, saying they had an arrest warrant. FCSO later retracts the statement. A neighbor of Flying W Farms who witnessed the vehicle caravan entering and leaving the property is interviewed, claiming there was a SWAT vehicle and an ambulance present.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2017/05/16/rhoden-investigation-intensifies/101759968/

From <https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...co-oh-8-family-members-murdered.306329/page-8>

May 16, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct audio interview with Angela Wagner

Approx. July 2018

Grand Jury is seated in Pike County to hear evidence and testimony in the Rhoden/Gilley murder case

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/custody-fight-key-pike-county-case/aIKzRHo4MOwwNc4x9IvkyO/

July 18, 2018

Rita Jo Newcomb testifies before the Pike County Grand Jury, later charged with perjury and obstructing justice

July 24, 2018

Fredericka Wagner testifies before the Pike County Grand Jury, later charged with perjury and obstructing justice

Approx August 2018

Wagner family members return from AK to Flying W Farms and later South Webster, OH. George Wagner IV returns later, arriving before the arrests

September 19, 2018

Unredacted preliminary autopsy reports of Rhoden/Gilley victims released for viewing by news media

https://www.wcpo.com/news/state/sta...reporters-to-inspect-slain-family-s-autopsies

October 30, 2018

Investigators gathered the final piece of evidence

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...alks-investigation-and-whats-next/2012179002/

November 7, 2018

Experts completed examination of the final piece of evidence

Ibid.

November 12, 2018

Grand Jury handed down murder charges against 5 Wagner family members and Rita Jo Newcomb

Ibid.

November 13, 2018

Indictments filed, bringing charges against:

George Wagner III, Angela Jo Wagner, George Wagner IV, Edward "Jake" Wagner, Fredericka Wagner and Rita Jo Newcomb. Arrests of all were made the same day

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Indictments allege George Wagner III, George Wagner IV, Angela Wagner, Jake Wagner and Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge against Ohio AG Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader

https://www.chillicothegazette.com/...-bond-made-rhoden-family-massacre/2010483002/

November 15 - December 5, 2018

All suspects indicted in connection with Rhoden/Gilley murders arraigned on charges and plead not guilty

https://www.tdn-net.com/top-stories/53228/last-rhoden-murder-suspect-arraigned
Wow! Thank you Betty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads