OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney General Files Amicus Brief to Remove Sheriff Reader as Pike County Sheriff - Scioto Post
BBM
Once again, from Yost

... Reader’s removal will have no effect whatsoever on Ohio’s ability to prosecute the defendants who stand accused of murdering the eight members of the Rhoden, Gilley, and Manley families in April of 2016.”

The Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation arrived at the Pike County scenes hours after the incidents were discovered. BCI’s Special Investigations Unit led the investigation from that point on. Reader played no direct role and had no direct involvement in the investigation. His presence was only in conjunction with, not independent of, BCI.

There is no link to a video. I think only the person that posted about a video can actually reply to my question otherwise it's just a guess. I am not intentionally trying to be sarcastic. I just want the video link that Merrygirl posted about.

It’s several pages back (pg 41 I think.).

For a few days, I have been thinking I read something in the original longer copy of the transcripts released by FW's attorney back in March, but I can't find what I'm looking for now to reference it.
Does anyone have a link to Owens filing that still has the multiple pages of FW's testimony or a screen grab of it? I can only find right now what looks to be summarized pieces of her testimony in the motions to dismiss.
Specifically, I'm trying to recall what few sentences there were about FW moving something inside from outside. It said something along the lines of she wanted to make sure whatever it was didn't end up stolen. I wonder if what she moved was the vests or something else.
If I remember correctly, a blue tote was also in the photo and I wonder if it's possible that the vests were in that tote and residue or something on the tote indicates it had been stored outside or elsewhere for a period of time.
Just an opinion/guess/curiosity

Is this the one you are looking for? Fredericka Wagner 2019.03.15 Moton to Dismiss Final

It says: to " make, present, or use" which implies that Jake and George 4 might have also forged them, not just Rita.

They can't testify against Rita without incriminating themselves. If they say, yah, we know grandma forged them--- then that means they know they were forged.

If they say grandma didn't forge them then that means one of them did it because the documents are forged.

If they say they did not know the Custody Documents even existed, then that means they have no idea if grandma was involved or not, and thus, they would have nothing to testify about so they wouldn't even be called as witnesses in her trial.

Rita will not testify against her grandsons unless they call her as a hostile witness. No, she won't take a plea that involves testifying against her grandsons. She may plea out, but not testify. Her son is the uncle of Jake and GW4, too much family honor at stake. She seems close to her son, he has been going to court and feeding her animals.

Opinion
Thanks CoolCats, it's going to be interesting to see her trial play out...if she doesn't accept a plea.

This comment is in no way victim bashing.
My sympathy and support are with the Rhoden, Gilley, and Manley Families.

While I believe the Rhoden’s (CRsr) were involved in something that we have no main stream media reports to link, it has to be acknowledged R’s had some kind of business dealings with the W’s.
It wasn’t anything with Horses or Mastiffs, or miniature Pigs, so what was it?
Almost had to be an illegal enterprise.
MOO
It has been discussed that perhaps there was a specific reason for the actions (Murders) on that specific date.
Think of the safe that was mentioned in the receipts provided to LE. Securing the safe.

MOO. Either money or product or both may have been ready to be moved on that date. Or Product had been moved and Money was in the safe.

W’s wanted money. W’s wanted S. W’s wanted new babyif Jake’s child.
Surely the W’s wondered if HR second child was a W.
Is that why W’s waited until birth. Keeping the option for another W grandchild open.
To have another child to possibly claim as a legitimate heir?
So many questions...All my theory or opinion.
Dewine did say it was the most bizarre case he's seen.

I can't get it to copy, but it's on page 1 of Edward Jake Wagner State's Supplemental Discovery dated 1/17/19:

"...260 Peterson Road Search (5/10/17 & 5/12/17):

(Photos from Search (530)
Photo of burnt VCR (1)
Inventory (11 pp)

....and more
Thanks Loomis, so it doesn't specify that it was a Rhoden VCR found. I always took it for granted that it was a VCR the W's owned and the Boondock Saints video was in it. If it was the Rhoden security camera VCR, I think the W's would have been arrested right then in May. AJMO

I only recall one incident where the Post office received mj, as I have posted. I apologize if I have misunderstood. Please explain. TY

IMO, some posters on here are confusing the two incidents. Yes, there was only 1 time the MJ was mailed and found at the post office (in Feb iirc). Those guys were never prosecuted cuz charges were dropped. Nothing was ever said the Rs had anything illegal sent via mail. WCPO (see my link) brought up that the Rs may have also dealt in shatter since it was done recently (when MJ was at P.O.) The link shows LE in hazmat suits investigating around CR/FR’s land. The pot was discovered on Fri and in the media. But on Sun DeWine announced LE found an “extensive grow operation.” The video is making a suggestion that it’s possible the Rs were perhaps dealing in shatter too. IMO it would make sense about large sums of $ to purchase a house and enough to maybe be a motif for murder but we have no direct evidence of that fact though, at least until the trials.

Thanks CoolCats, it's going to be interesting to see her trial play out...if she doesn't accept a plea.

The big question is how rock solid are the 3 counts of Forgery? Did they build 3 charges off of just one custody document? Could she plead guilty to only one count?

Is there only one thing she allegedly lied about but it has been turned into 2 charges, like they did with Fred, Obstruction and Perjury?

I think she will plead if there is no way around the Forgery charges, but she would then need the other 2 charges dropped which I don't believe they would do. Maybe one, but not both.

Problem is, they don't want both grandmas getting off so they might not be very inclined to give her a worthwhile plea agreement.

Just speculation.

The big question is how rock solid are the 3 counts of Forgery? Did they build 3 charges off of just one custody document? Could she plead guilty to only one count?

Is there only one thing she allegedly lied about but it has been turned into 2 charges, like they did with Fred, Obstruction and Perjury?

I think she will plead if there is no way around the Forgery charges, but she would then need the other 2 charges dropped which I don't believe they would do. Maybe one, but not both.

Problem is, they don't want both grandmas getting off so they might not be very inclined to give her a worthwhile plea agreement.

Just speculation.

IIRC, I think I’ve seen the custody docs and they are 3 separate documents but ICBW. I’ll see if I can find them again.

AW hearing tomorrow at 1:30. Doesn't time fly!

Interesting that the State filed more Supplemental Discovery June 26, the same day FW got dismissed.

Is this her last pre trial hearing?

Attorney General Files Amicus Brief to Remove Sheriff Reader as Pike County Sheriff - Scioto Post
BBM
Once again, from Yost

... Reader’s removal will have no effect whatsoever on Ohio’s ability to prosecute the defendants who stand accused of murdering the eight members of the Rhoden, Gilley, and Manley families in April of 2016.”

The Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation arrived at the Pike County scenes hours after the incidents were discovered. BCI’s Special Investigations Unit led the investigation from that point on. Reader played no direct role and had no direct involvement in the investigation. His presence was only in conjunction with, not independent of, BCI.

Last edited:
BBM
Once again, from Yost

Thankx for the article, this one is good too:
Pike Co. sheriff pleads not guilty, facing calls for removal

https://x-default-stgec.uplynk.com/...8/poster_6e9d8bdf7c1f4178842d2eed63f40dff.jpg

Developments in court

A judge ordered Reader be released on his own recognizance but ordered the sheriff to surrender his keys and key fob to the Pike County courthouse.

Reader was indicted Friday on 16 counts: four charges of theft in office, two charges of theft, seven charges of conflict of interest, and one charge each of tampering with evidence, tampering with records, and securing writings by deception.

Reader is accused of using his authority in office to aid in committing three thefts between $1,000 and $7,500, according to the Pike County grand jury indictment.

The indictment also charges Reader with:
  • Using his office to secure a 2013 Nissan Versa and a 1991 Chevrolet Silverado.
  • Requesting/accepting five loans of between $1,000 and $2,500 from vendors and employees.
  • Lying and tampering with records to cover up his wrongdoing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members