OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo I know this totally unpopular but without seeing the actual evidence, and not just what the state says they have, I can’t get to custody being the cause of convincing a minimum of four people to kill eight people in four different locations. Jmo the only way I could get to it at this point would be a bad business dealing. Jmo I may be totally shocked when I see the court hearings Jmo

Custody played an important role in setting these events into motion. Imo i believe jealousy, control, custody of the children, the new baby not being Jakes, and finally having to sell their home are all factors that played a role. Moo.

This comment is in no way victim bashing.
My sympathy and support are with the Rhoden, Gilley, and Manley Families.

While I believe the Rhoden’s (CRsr) were involved in something that we have no main stream media reports to link, it has to be acknowledged R’s had some kind of business dealings with the W’s.
It wasn’t anything with Horses or Mastiffs, or miniature Pigs, so what was it?
Almost had to be an illegal enterprise.
MOO
It has been discussed that perhaps there was a specific reason for the actions (Murders) on that specific date.
Think of the safe that was mentioned in the receipts provided to LE. Securing the safe.

MOO. Either money or product or both may have been ready to be moved on that date. Or Product had been moved and Money was in the safe.

W’s wanted money. W’s wanted S. W’s wanted new babyif Jake’s child.
Surely the W’s wondered if HR second child was a W.
Is that why W’s waited until birth. Keeping the option for another W grandchild open.
To have another child to possibly claim as a legitimate heir?
So many questions...All my theory or opinion.

If a lot of money was in the safe or elsewhere at any of the premises, it would have been revealed by LE. Same with any other kind of product or drugs, aside from what has already been publicly mentioned.

Jmo I remember who was arrested and charges dropped on those two. Pike county is a small place Those two names are well known. No one has been successfully prosecuted for it as of today Jmo

The problem with that theory is that there's no evidence they were involved in the murders. The Wag's defense attorneys have access to that evidence. They'll have all of it when they finish bringing the correct hard drives to AC for transfer of the data.

In all those terabytes of data (which the Wags attorneys have access to) there should be some evidence linking those people to the crime. Considering none of the defense attorneys have brought that up in court, it's safe to assume no link has been found. JMO

The problem with that theory is that there's no evidence they were involved in the murders. The Wag's defense attorneys have access to that evidence. They'll have all of it when they finish bringing the correct hard drives to AC for transfer of the data.

In all those terabytes of data (which the Wags attorneys have access to) there should be some evidence linking those people to the crime. Considering none of the defense attorneys have brought that up in court, it's safe to assume no link has been found.
Jmo true nothing like that has been brought up in court. If I remember correctly at least one defense team has requested money for an investigator. Please don’t take this as being smart, but I am remembering this correctly? Jmo

There was discussion about this article on the early threads. Here is one comment.

OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Ohio BCI agents in Hazmat suits

Meth lab found in Clyde

JMO. The Channel 9 article with people in white suits with no head covering is not hazmat suits.

Maybe, the person that posted about the video has a different video.

moo. jmo.

Yes, those were BCI crime scene agents. They were searching and processing the scene.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...nal-Investigation/Investigation-Division.aspx

They were in charge of the scenes and evidence that day and since. Not Pike County Sheriff's Office.

The Crime Scene Unit helps local law enforcement process felony crime scenes for physical evidence and provides experts to testify in court. BCI’s crime scene agents are among the most highly trained and best equipped in the nation and can contribute the latest crime scene processing techniques and forensic equipment to local investigations, ensuring the best opportunity for identifying and prosecuting criminals.

Here's one of their vans heading into the crime scenes on UHR. These are the agents who wore the white suits at the crime scenes

694940094001_4859736111001_3a455cf2-2afa-4734-b732-f8af882e9097.jpg

More

ap_16113603727869-5390cfbd947c9319b0e100d53b42bb3d18d8d6b2-s800-c85.jpg

Here are some parked outside of Dana's home

RHODEN-622_1463000065873_2221924_ver1.0.jpg

Here they are parked outside of CR1's home

160422-ohio-homicide-pike-country-1022p_87d361620b53c3684950f99d9c1543a2.fit-2000w.jpg

Notice they park on the road in front of the crime scene, so as not to disturb any evidence on the property.

For comparison, here's a photo of one of these vehicles at the Ohio BCI wikipedia page. Look closely and you can read "Bureau of Criminal Investigation" painted on the side.

1280px-Ohio_Bureau_of_Criminal_Identification_and_Investigation_vehicle.jpg

Last edited:
There was discussion about this article on the early threads. Here is one comment.

OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Ohio BCI agents in Hazmat suits

Meth lab found in Clyde

JMO. The Channel 9 article with people in white suits with no head covering is not hazmat suits.

Maybe, the person that posted about the video has a different video.

moo. jmo.
That's a good question about the lack of head covering. I had assumed they wore the suits so they wouldn't cross contaminate evidence, but that would need head/hair covering too.

That's a good question about the lack of head covering. I had assumed they wore the suits so they wouldn't cross contaminate evidence, but that would need head/hair covering too.

Here's the comment from the old post linked

If you are talking about the third picture down the page, those are not hazmat suits. I used to be a hazmat tech certified when I was on our local FD. Hazmat suits are much bulkier and would have had full SCBA and head covering. What is shown in the third picture down are 'clean suits', They are used to 1) keep investigators from contaminating the scene with their street clothes and 2) keep any blood, etc. off of their street clothes. The suits are removed after an investigation, bagged and tagged into evidence.

Agents also submit and keep on file their own DNA, hair samples, etc. to compare and make sure they haven't contaminated any evidence. Same goes for people in the crime labs, etc. That's one of many reasons why there are such huge files listed in discovery for "chain of custody", etc. It contains all the DNA, hair, etc. evidence from every agent who worked each crime scene, along with any evidence gathered from each contamination suit they wore at each crime scene.

BBM : "They are there in every single crime"

It's one of the strangest things, yes. No one seems to know them. Not normal. No one says they went to church with them, school with them, hung out hunting and fishing with them, worked with them, were friends with them, used to date them, socialized with them, knew them for years, were neighbors with them, and no relatives, other family members have come forward to say they knew them, etc... Totally almost "creepy."

Dozens of people have talked about the Rhodens----family (aunts-uncles-cousins-grand parents etc...) lots of friends, ex-girlfrieds/boyfriends, neighbors, co-workers, school friends, pastor Phil, etc....

Am I missing something? Just Opinion.

People are probably in "mind your own" mode. I doubt I'd ever be interviewed by a journalist. Look at how that plays out for most folks who allow themselves to be interviewed. Normally, it does not end up being a positive experience.

People are probably in "mind your own" mode. I doubt I'd ever be interviewed by a journalist. Look at how that plays out for most folks who allow themselves to be interviewed. Normally, it does not end up being a positive experience.

Right, you have to be in the "cross-hairs" of a reporter or call one yourself to get your quotes out there and many of us are leery of reporters. They can take just one word and make it a whole article, even throwing it in the headline like when a guy said the Rhoden's were violent. Suddenly it's in the article's headline and then keeps coming up in Google search and never goes away.

I think another deterrent in saying anything "nice" about the Wagners is that there is a risk involved. Risk to your reputation.

People are outraged at what happened, of course, so you really can't say anything too positive about them without getting someone upset, even angry at you.

Even posters on here get a bit "up in arms" when someone questions the evidence against the Wagners, or even when someone criticizes AC. Junk is fair game but not Canepa.

I just hope there are other prosecutors who can present evidence to the jury besides just Canepa and Junk, 2 prosecutors aren't enough--- GW4's Attorney said it will be a 2 month trial. Also, it was easier to understand what Fred's attorney Owen was saying in comparison to Canepa. Canepa saying "um" so often, rather than smoothly talking in complete sentences, is quite frankly somewhat distracting.

She's a tough thorough prosecutor, a great prosecutor, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think she needs more help in terms of presenting such a voluminous amount of evidence to the jury. You can have all the evidence in the world but that's only half the battle, the other half is presenting that evidence in such a way that the jurors clearly grasp it.

Last edited:
If a lot of money was in the safe or elsewhere at any of the premises, it would have been revealed by LE. Same with any other kind of product or drugs, aside from what has already been publicly mentioned.

Do you really believe LE has revealed all?
I don’t.
Is there an obligation for LE to reveal all?
Seems to me there is much that has been kept from the public.

I respectfully disagree that the Rs had a shatter lab. BCI would have had to disclose it. JMHO

I’m not arguing, but I theorize- Rhoden’s may or may not have had a small shatter lab. I don’t know.

(I don’t think the Marijuana sent to the post office in January 2016 and later linked to the B*yer/H*ggin location/lab is tied into the Rhodens. To me, it’s just an example that shatter was being produced in the general area. The method of production was known to some in the area.)

My opinion, it is important to realize and to anyone who has not actually visited the UHR locations, and are unfamiliar with the terrain, there is a good deal of land (backside of CRsr property ) that is highly wooded and not visible to the eye from the street or from photos we have seen. Anything could be hidden back there on CRsr and maybe FR property. We don’t necessarily have photos of full hazmats suits, even though some may have been used in the days after helicopters and photographers had gone from the location. My opinion, There is very much that we have not seen and do not know as to what was found on UHR locations.

I am honestly unaware of a disclosure to the public requirement, specifically in an ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
Even posters on here get a bit "up in arms" when someone questions the evidence against the Wagners, or even when someone criticizes AC. Junk is fair game but not Canepa.

I just hope there are other prosecutors who can present evidence to the jury besides just Canepa and Junk, 2 prosecutors aren't enough--- GW4's Attorney said it will be a 2 month trial. Also, it was easier to understand what Fred's attorney Owen was saying in comparison to Canepa. Canepa saying "um" so often, rather than smoothly talking in complete sentences, is quite frankly somewhat distracting.

She's a tough thorough prosecutor, a great prosecutor, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think she needs more help in terms of presenting such a voluminous amount of evidence to the jury. You can have all the evidence in the world but that's only half the battle, the other half is presenting that evidence in such a way that the jurors clearly grasp it.
AC could barely even get it out when she requested that the case be dismissed. She knew how upset the crowd would be. The amount of stuttering and saying “um” makes AC come off as very unprofessional. Like you said, it is somewhat distracting. I think RJ is rubbing off on her a little :p

AC could barely even get it out when she requested that the case be dismissed. She knew how upset the crowd would be. The amount of stuttering and saying “um” makes AC come off as very unprofessional. Like you said, it is somewhat distracting. I think RJ is rubbing off on her a little :p

So I'm not the only one! I don't want to criticize her but......Someone articulate needs to keep the complicated case organized and right to the point for the jury. I keep thinking that the jurors are just like us and hear it the same way we do. A Special Prosecutor for the State of Ohio should know not to say "um" all the time. In YouTube comment sections (court videos) posters really complain about it, especially from the grandma's arraignments.

Opinion only...:cool:

Last edited:
This is all my opinion only but I think the AG strategically waited a while to give some time and distance between Reader’s charges and W4 charges to hopefully draw a line that the 2 incidents were not connected in any way. These charges have been investigated for at least 8 mos if not longer. I believe this will be a quick deal and in the end either charges are dropped or reduced. I think DeWine will take care of things “in the back room” because waaaay too much is at stake here. DeWine will not want anything to get in the way of a conclusion of justice for the R’/M’s/G’s and this case is the highlight of his ENTIRE political career. He will need take care of it so he can win a 2nd term. Anything else would be political suicide. JMOO.

There are opposing political parties involved, also...

Jmo I know this totally unpopular but without seeing the actual evidence, and not just what the state says they have, I can’t get to custody being the cause of convincing a minimum of four people to kill eight people in four different locations. Jmo the only way I could get to it at this point would be a bad business dealing. Jmo I may be totally shocked when I see the court hearings Jmo

People have been killed for much less than custody. Websleuths has case after case proving people kill for little to no reason at all. Look if you go by the facts alone in the case, not guesses, hunches or spidey senses it doesn't point to illegal activity by any of the victims. This, like yours, is my own opinion. After the trials start I will have more evidence to go on. Until then...the evidence we have points to selfish people not getting their way so they murdered a family of eight.

I am going to make a guess here. They had on the hazmat suits because of all the blood on the scenes. Just like a police officer puts on gloves before he searches someone. So do EMTS. Disease prevention. AIDS, Hep A, B & C ect ect. They would not want to be covered in someones blood. That's why no head covering (which may have been worn inside because of blood splatter on the ceiling ect) but was not necessary outside. Hazmat suits at bloody crimes scenes are a requirement.

JMO

And yet another gag order. No more rants by Reader and Junk on FB.

This is a very good example of "You don't get your honey where you get your money."

JMO

Thank goodness. Some silence on the matter will be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member