OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be onto something. I noticed in previous hearings, she wore some blue scrubs kind of uniform. Today it was the bold black and white stripes, very faded. Why different uniforms? When it was first noted that she wasn't wearing street clothes, we speculated that she had gotten into some trouble in jail and that privilege was revoked.

It's possible they're doing this for sympathy and to illustrate she's the "outsider" within the Wagner clan, so not in control of what went down. I don't believe that, but we'll have to see what the evidence shows.

Anyone seen Mittens around? Wonder if she can get a copy of AW's discoveries from last week.

ETA: I don't see her flipping on her kids, though. ICBW. The reverse is possible.

IIRC, AW has appeared in the striped uniforms ever since she was given approval to wear civilian clothing.

Many are missing on here. And it isn't even the 4th until tomorrow. JMO

IMO, it is real. AW, being the great narcissist she is, is not going to succumb to coercion from her attorneys, nor her husband and sons and mother in law when they have hung her out to dry. Was FW or RW present today? Were they? What does that say? FW sure is q u i e t. Maybe she's afraid Angela will roll. IMO, RN already has. The very fact that AW and RN are no longer getting Wagner support now, not even a show of RW, speaks volumes to me. 4 more Terabytes of Discovery to come. Wow. Makes me wonder how much more is to come on the other three. JMO

Why are the attorneys dragging their feet on getting hard drives to AC for downloading data? Is this just another trick to drag out the hearings and try to make it look like it's the fault of the prosecution? Judge Deering wasn't having any of it today. He gave the defense deadlines to get those hard drives to AC.

( opinion )

No. Even though Jake wore street clothes before Judge Deering ruled on that Motion (I think) Angela won't wear street clothes until after that Motion has been ruled on:

(18) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT ACCUSED TO APPEAR IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING AND WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED.

49 Motions have still not been ruled on. On September 16 at 1:30pm there is scheduled a Motion Hearing for oral arguments on Angela's Non-Substantive Motions, it means these Motions are not based on particular facts in this case, not fact driven.
There will not be any evidentiary matters or witnesses that day.

Evidentiary Matters focus on evidence...
That which is or qualifies for as evidence. For example, a witness observation about how an accident occurred.
It may also be used to refer to something that relates to evidence in a particular case such as an evidentiary hearing to determine whether specific evidence is admissible at trial.

THE LAW.COM LAW DICTIONARY & BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY 2ND ED.

YES! Bet you are 100% correct!! Duh me! TY

Seems the Wagner's are not in the least concerned about Angela, no money or anyone to bring her street clothes? Are they so sure that she won't turn on them? Odd man out for sure, it is curious.

(opinion)

Angela's Attorneys will make sure she gets street clothes, they filed this Motion which means they want this Motion to be upheld. They want her in regular clothes!

If there is no one to bring her clothes o_O then the Attorney's will have a staff member retrieve them.

Last edited:
IIRC, AW has appeared in the striped uniforms ever since she was given approval to wear civilian clothing.

Many are missing on here. And it isn't even the 4th until tomorrow. JMO

I think a lot of people are taking off early for the 4th. Getting ready, traveling. All of WS is quieter than usual right now.

Thanks, you're right. Her attorneys both had on gray suits and purple ties today. Odd they put the old video in there.

ETA: There's video from today at this link. Tight framing though.

Angela Wagner returns to a Pike County courtroom for a pretrial hearing

ETA2: Just viewed it again and there's no view of the defense side visitors. So still don't know. I noticed around 7:45, Ms. Geneva gives AW the "evil eye" for quite a while.

Ms.G can dish out some "evil eye"! If looks could kill. ;)

YES! Bet you are 100% correct!! Duh me! TY

So why would they delay ruling on her street clothes for so long? Why haven't her attorneys brought that up and asked the judge to rule on it? Why are her attorneys and the judge treating her differently than the other defendents, making her show up in jail garb?

Did her attorneys mess up and go about asking in the wrong way? Did they create a bottleneck with all the other "non-substantive" motions?

GW's Attorney filed these motions today. (C/P)

07/03/2019 MOTION NO. 8 DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR NOTICE OF STATE'S EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO OHIO R.CRIM P. 12(E)(2) FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

07/03/2019 MOTION NO. 9 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF EXCULPATORY AND IMPEACHMENT EVIDENCE FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

07/03/2019 MOTION NO. 10 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE OF AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND INFORMATON RELATING TO MITIGATING FACTORS FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

Wow! 4 more Terabytes of Discovery to come for Angela!

The Prosecution says it will take 2 weeks of continuous download to get 4 Terabytes of information.

What on earth do they have? Word for word wiretapped conversations and word for word interviews? Lots of video? And this is after they just turned over 2 more supplemental discovery documents according to an earlier post. :eek:

JMO, but I do not think it is right for the camera to purposely avoid one side of the courtroom. Your thoughts? FWs influence working here? Which station is in charge of this? IMO, it is a huge infringement on the rights of the public to know!

JMO, maybe the judge can bend the rules in cases like this, where prosecution needs to keep thing under wraps for pending murder trials. If they drop charges, they can avoid discovery then go back and bring charges later. They have 6 years.

The search warrants and affidavits have already been provided to W4 attorneys. Those items are listed in supplementary discovery documents filed with the court.

Accused murderer Angela Wagner was back in a Pike County courtroom Monday for a brief pretrial hearing.

Toward the end of the hearing, special prosecutor Angie Canepa asked Pike County Judge Randy Deering to forbid Wagner from communicating with her three co-defendants, who are her husband and their two sons.

Advertisement
"Either directly or indirectly," Canepa said. "In other words, either directly herself, by writing or through phone calls, or by third parties."

The request made some courtroom observers wonder if Wagner has been communicating with 47-year-old Billy Wagner, 27-year-old George Wagner and 26-year-old Jake Wagner.

It came after attorneys on both sides had agreed on time-sensitive issues, including when Wagner's attorneys and prosecutors will argue for and against 49 motions Wagner filed last month.

Defense attorney Robert Krapenc did not object to the request for no contact.

"There's no objection," Krapenc said. "We have instructed our client from day one to have no contact directly or indirectly with any co-defendants."

With that, Deering ordered that the motion take effect immediately.

"The defendant will be ordered to have no contact, directly or indirectly with Fredericka Carol Wagner, Rita Jo Newcomb, George Washington Wagner III, George Washington Wagner IV or Edward Jacob Wagner," Deering said.

This is why Angela Wagner is still not allowed to wear street clothing, JMO

Judge orders accused Pike County killer Angela Wagner not to contact co-defendants

You might be onto something. I noticed in previous hearings, she wore some blue scrubs kind of uniform. Today it was the bold black and white stripes, very faded. Why different uniforms? When it was first noted that she wasn't wearing street clothes, we speculated that she had gotten into some trouble in jail and that privilege was revoked.

It's possible they're doing this for sympathy and to illustrate she's the "outsider" within the Wagner clan, so not in control of what went down. I don't believe that, but we'll have to see what the evidence shows.

Anyone seen Mittens around? Wonder if she can get a copy of AW's discoveries from last week.

ETA: I don't see her flipping on her kids, though. ICBW. The reverse is possible.

BBM
Just a guess. Yes Angie wore blue "scrubs" and then it changed to black/white stripes.
There was something different when Angela started wearing the black/white stripes.

What was different is that Angie stopped wearing hand and ankle cuffs, and instead began to wear the Shock Vest. So I think that they want her to wear the stripes, for some reason, when she wears the Shock Vest.

I think it is odd that she is wearing the degrading stripes now. I thought maybe it was because they want her to stand out, but her counterparts are wearing Shock Vests and they don't stand out because now they wear street clothes. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wednesday, July 3rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Angela Jo Wagner (48) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond.
11/19/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Waives speedy trial. Held without bail. Pretrial hearing on 1/7.
12/14/18: Defense files 49 motions, among them change of venue & a list of Grand Jury witnesses’ names.

1/7/19: Next Pretrial hearing on 3/20. 3/20/19: Wagner is also trying to prevent a witness she claims may be "unavailable" from testifying at her trial. Also looks like they are trying to get the death penalty off the table as well. A judge is expected to rule on whether to allow a jury to hear evidence related to crimes that Angela Wagner committed in the past." Discovery not complete. Postponing to Sept 16 to resolve motions. June 1 is date that state agrees to have all discovery docs turned over. Sept 1 deadline for filing of substantive motions by defense. State response filed before Sept 16, defense can file rebuttal before Oct 1. Sept. 16: Hearing on non-substantive motions. Scheduling another pretrial for 1:30 pm on 5/16. 5/13/19 Update: Hearing on May 16 has been rescheduled to 7/3.
*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*George Washington Wagner IV - Next pretrial hearing on 7/24. Trial scheduled for 9/4.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Final pretrial hearing on 7/25. Trial is scheduled for 10/21.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Last pretrial hearing on 9/17.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.
Niner, thanks so much for keeping us up to date on court appearances and summary's :)!

BBM
Just a guess. Yes Angie wore blue "scrubs" and then it changed to black/white stripes.
There was something different when Angela started wearing the black/white stripes.

What was different is that Angie stopped wearing hand and ankle cuffs, and instead began to wear the Shock Vest. So I think that they want her to wear the stripes, for some reason, when she wears the Shock Vest.

I think it is odd that she is wearing the degrading stripes now. I thought maybe it was because they want her to stand out, but her counterparts are wearing Shock Vests and they don't stand out because now they wear street clothes. Hmmm :rolleyes:
I think her lack of street clothes and no support sitting behind her right after FW's case dismissed says a lot. JMO

I think her lack of street clothes and no support sitting behind her right after FW's case dismissed says a lot. JMO
How does it say a lot? When FW was in court most of the time it was just RW there on her side. AW and RW are not related by blood. AW did have blood there supporting her (her brother)

How does it say a lot? When FW was in court most of the time it was just RW there on her side. AW and RW are not related by blood. AW did
I do not think Angie has Wagner support like before.jmo
nymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members