OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard about the family member that lived 40 miles away,( not sure how far) that was shot with her 5 day old baby sleeping beside her... my mind immediately went to baby daddy. He could be estranged, with bad blood/not liked by the other family members? This woman had just had a baby, and there has been no mention of hubby/boyfriend at all. She appeared to be living alone with new baby? Baby spared (thank goodness)
IDK, but my bet's on whoever he is.

Could be, but I've been working with the theory that he is one of the victims that hasn't been named. I'm focusing on DMR's relationship status of "complicated". Does she have a boyfriend? Are she and the ex-husband reconciling? Does the ex-husband have a jilted lover? The fact the children were spared, leads me to think the killer(s) are women.

Hmmm. ...dailymail article lists some victims names and show pictures. The grandma is 37 and her son and his 20 year old fiance had a newborn that was found unharmed, though the couple were killed. His 16 year old brother also was killed and then a girl, who was pregnant and I assume their sister, was also killed. They show picture of pregnant girl and she had another child who I assume was another one of the unharmed little ones. I have thoughts just from the names, ages and pictures. But just thoughts...not enough info yet, really, to go on. Like who are the other 3 victims? Is the fella, in the picture with the pregnant girl, one of them?

What I'm most curious about is why the 16 year old was found in a house alone.. On a school day.. Who did he live with?

Maybe parents had left for work already and he had not gone to school yet? Just saying..

Maybe she (Hanna) lived with her mother? She doesn't look all that old to me (19-20 at most).

(I thought she was the new mother, but from the post above was she pregnant and had not yet given birth? I feel more confused than ever now about who was who.)

Search goes on for whoever shot 8 Ohio relatives

Kantele Franko, Associated Press 10:42 a.m. EDT April 23, 2016

Piketon, Ohio — A day after eight members of one family were found dead with gunshots to the head at four properties in rural southern Ohio, authorities on Saturday continued the scramble to determine who targeted that clan and why.

Investigators said they’ve interviewed more than 30 people hoping to find leads in the deaths of the seven adults and 16-year-old boy whose bodies were found Friday at homes southwest of Piketon.

All were shot in the head, authorities said, and it appeared some were killed as they slept, including a mother in bed with her 4-day-old baby nearby. The newborn and two other small children were not hurt...

Authorities said all the victims were members of the Rhoden family, but they declined to provide any more information about them.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/22/ohio-shootings/83382516/

Possibly a presser at noon so hopefully we'll be able to learn more then.

As I understand it, the family members that were killed are

Dana Lynn Manley Rhoden

Her kids
Frankie Rhoden & his fiancé, Hannah Gilley (they have a 3yo & 6mo)
Hanna May Rhoden (she has a 3yo with JW & a 4do with CH)
Chris Rhoden 16yo

Also killed but not yet named were CR (I believe, though am not positive, is the ex of Dana and father of her children), GR, & KR (all adult males).

I am speculating that the daughter of HR & JW was with JW and not at the home with HR, so as to account for the # of children found unharmed physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe parents had left for work already and he had not gone to school yet? Just saying..

The mother was in another house. Possible he lived with father or another relative but seeing that he was the only one found murdered in the house - and he wasn't found til later- I'm just curious as to who's house it was..

I think that the newborn's mother is HMR. She is in a relationship with CH. I am not sure if CH is also a victim,
but so far I have not seen any indications that he is. I think he may be the newborns father, but I cannot be 100% sure.
The relationships are complex. Before HMR, CH was in a relationship with a married (but separated) woman,
but that seems to have ended and the woman went back with her husband. No family/friends seem to say anything about CH.
There is also an ex, JW who I think is the father of another child of HMR. My overall impression of HMR's Facebook
is that there is a great deal of sadness and struggling.

As I understand it, the family members that were killed are

Dana Lynn Manley Rhoden

Her kids
Frankie Rhoden & his fiancé, Hannah Gilley (they have a 3yo & 6mo)
Hanna May Rhoden (she has a 3yo with JW & a 4do with CH)
Chris Rhoden 16yo

Also killed but not yet named were CR (I believe, though am not positive, is the ex of Dana and father of her children), GR, & KR (all adult males).

I am speculating that the daughter of HR & JW was with JW and not at the home with HR, so as to account for the # of children found unharmed physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also read GR and KR as victims

I think that the newborn's mother is HMR. She is in a relationship with CH. I am not sure if CH is also a victim,
but so far I have not seen any indications that he is. I think he may be the newborns father, but I cannot be 100% sure.
The relationships are complex. Before HMR, CH was in a relationship with a married (but separated) woman,
but that seems to have ended and the woman went back with her husband. No family/friends seem to say anything about CH.
There is also an ex, JW who I think is the father of another child of HMR. My overall impression of HMR's Facebook
is that there is a great deal of sadness and struggling.

From fb statuses, CH and HMR seem to have started their relationship at about the same time she became pregnant with this baby.

That was what I thought until people said she hadn't had her baby yet and the newborn was the child of her brother and his gf.

6 mo old is her brother and girlfriends baby. Newborn is HMR's with CH. JMO CH is NOT one of the victims. Wonder if he has checked on his new baby?????

Hanna,20, is the daughter of the mother Dana Rhoden both killed. Some of the photos show she's pregnant, but she has the 4 day old baby, and also a little girl I assume not there at the time. Her brother Chris is the teen, brother Frankie, has the 3 yo, and his gf Hannah were killed, they have the 6 mo old together. I've not seen photos or names of two other adults killed, one photo of the ex husband, but it's on fb. Media says they're all of the Rhoden family.

OK, that all makes sense. The confusion must have arisen as they both have three year olds. I hope HMR's is accounted for.

Hanna,20, is the daughter of the mother Dana Rhoden both killed. Some of the photos show she's pregnant, but she has the 4 day old baby, and also a little girl I assume not there at the time. Her brother Chris is the teen, brother Frankie, has the 3 yo, and his gf Hannah were killed, they have the 6 mo old together. I've not seen photos or names of two other adults killed, one photo of the ex husband, but it's on fb. Media says they're all of the Rhoden family.

I googled Wiki....Rhoden family massacre....I think the names are there JMO

There was confusion for me because the article stated HMR was pregnant and they showed a pic of her pregnant. But she must have recently delivered.

"Well there's a term called 'family annihilators,' and this may well fit that profile," former FBI agent Brad Garrett said.

"It's not uncommon for a shooter like this to go from one house to another house to kill everyone that he thinks has harmed him in some form or fashion," he said.

The individual is typically a white male, Garrett said. And in rural areas, like Pike County, family has deep importantance. The killer, he said, may "decide for a number of reasons -- primarily financial and primarily loss of control of the family -- decide they're going to kill everyone. And many times -- most of the time -- kills themselves."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/pike...are-family-annihilators-former-fbi-agent-says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli