OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies, i'm going to go with the majority and say the central structure is a residence and this is where some victims were found.

If this is the case how is security on these mobile homes? Im guessing any doors/locks would be flimsy just by the look of the place.....again no experience of these types of homes but very interested.

Building on the far left is some type of manufactured steel building, Their looks to be two large fans on the south side of the building Thats possible a paint booth/body shop. The building to the right is going to be a shop. Two roll up doors, I would bet that there is a dirt track car in one of the bays. There is a semi trailer to the far right. Looks like a refer truck There is a tow truck in front of the trailer. Looks like someone is ether a shade tree mechanic or is running a towing business from their home.

If you let your mind REALLY REALLY wander maybe you go find the call logs for vehicles that were abandoned, or wrecked for the last week or so. Maybe the guys on patrol that took a scene at face value and call up the next in line wrecker and did not poke around a whole lot or maybe they are not on the up and up and they do poke around.

These guys pull it and all of a sudden they have a car that has or had huge sum of money or alot of drugs inside. The bad guys retrieve their vehicle and the goods are gone and they roll out on these guys.

Haven't sleuthed in a while, but this case is to tragic and intriguing to pass by. Do we know who Dana was involved with? IIRC, she had just bought a house on the same road as her ex - who was one of the first killed and possibly "roughed up". Could Dana's relationship have blown up and caused an "I'll show you" murderthon? I wonder if Dana was awake? Was she told about the murder of her ex before she was killed?

Hers stood out the most, but wasn't or isn't a huge clue to me other than she was posting some not so happy thoughts and about to have a baby. That her dark thoughts and almost ready to have a baby & seeming something wrong in her relationship possibly is about the biggest clue I've found today, along with a couple of dudes in jail with no charges. No telling how long they have been in either because they don't date the arrest on the link. One is friends with a family member. One likes racing and cars. Not sure if it's demolition though.

You know, cars sure are a big thing there, the Rhodens have cars all over that property, newer ones and older ones. They fix them up. Dana was talking about cars for sale on her fb, linked it to a used car place. I don't know if they fix them up and let a car dealership sell for them, and/or sell from their property. People like to fix up older cars there, and they also have racing events. One photo is of Frankie winning a trophy. Good grief, I hope this doesn't have anything to do with vehicles, and hope some guys didn't go there drunk or on drugs, because of an argument over a vehicle.

Part of me tonight feels pretty guilty checking out many of the family's fb pages. I saw some happy people with young kids, Frankie appeared to be a well liked person and so did Hanna. All of them did in many ways. Not at all what I expected & I have family living close to all of this. About 10 to 12 miles away.

Prayers for the Rhoden Family & the whole area.

Haven't sleuthed in a while, but this case is to tragic and intriguing to pass by. Do we know who Dana was involved with? IIRC, she had just bought a house on the same road as her ex - who was one of the first killed and possibly "roughed up". Could Dana's relationship have blown up and caused an "I'll show you" murderthon? I wonder if Dana was awake? Was she told about the murder of her ex before she was killed?

Only thing I've read was on fb and she got off work at 11 pm. Something could be connected to her job and the murders.

Building on the far left is some type of manufactured steel building, Their looks to be two large fans on the south side of the building Thats possible a paint booth/body shop. The building to the right is going to be a shop. Two roll up doors, I would bet that there is a dirt track car in one of the bays. There is a semi trailer to the far right. Looks like a refer truck There is a tow truck in front of the trailer. Looks like someone is ether a shade tree mechanic or is running a towing business from their home.

If you let your mind REALLY REALLY wander maybe you go find the call logs for vehicles that were abandoned, or wrecked for the last week or so. Maybe the guys on patrol that took a scene at face value and call up the next in line wrecker and did not poke around a whole lot or maybe they are not on the up and up and they do poke around.

These guys pull it and all of a sudden they have a car that has or had huge sum of money or alot of drugs inside. The bad guys retrieve their vehicle and the goods are gone and they roll out on these guys.

bbm

How would the bad guys know where their family members lived?

I've been reading the thread but can't remember if this has been discussed - is there surveillance or CCTV cameras on the properties? Is it common for neighbors/other folks to have surveillance on their properties?

bbm

How would they know where their family members lived?

Small community and everyone knows everyone and where everyone lives..

I still think it is someone with a strong connection to the family. There are so many cousins and they all seem to be in the same picking type business and online and home sales. I think that's why the kids weren't killed, family connection or friend of the family (locals) connection.

Okay, I opened the photo in its own tab and I was able to expand it and get some better detail. I will tentatively concede that's a trailer for residence, though it doesn't show any signs of kids in the yard or anything like that.

I don't think that tow truck has moved recently -- not since the grass started growing this spring, anyway.

There are also some lines that look like crime scene tape running beside the road and across the driveway. It also seems to run back toward the trailer, hooking over to the trees on the left and then back in front of the trailer. Some of it might be marks in the dirt; it's hard to make out for sure.

Can anybody tell what that funny pinkish-orange thing on the grass between the red racer stripe car and the tow truck is?

Social media, county records, online background checks and social engineering. You could have ever detail about the family in under an hour.

We used to do exercises in my investigative reporting class where our professor would pull a random name off the census and we would have to pull every document we could find on that person. We physically had to go pull tax records, land records, marriage licensees, Death Certificates, etc. Even the worst student in the room could figure out where someone lived.

That was more than 10 years ago. Technology has made it far easier. Especially if you add in someone who is good at social engineering.

What a devastating and terrible situation. :( I can't imagine what the families and friends are going through. A mother shot while sleeping in bed with her baby? What a nightmare.

I've been reading the thread but can't remember if this has been discussed - is there surveillance or CCTV cameras on the properties? Is it common for neighbors/other folks to have surveillance on their properties?

This is a stuggling community and has been for years. My sister has owned their property for over 40 years with good jobs to build their home. It's secluded but don't think they have surveillance or would ever think of it. Let alone lock doors daily. Maybe now? My sister and I talked two days straight so we are giving each other a break right now. lol

My theory is there was one or two people that the perp wanted dead - and had to kill everyone because they would know who did it.

Social media, county records, online background checks and social engineering. You could have ever detail about the family in under an hour.

We used to do exercises in my investigative reporting class where our professor would pull a random name off the census and we would have to pull every document we could find on that person. We physically had to go pull tax records, land records, marriage licensees, Death Certificates, etc. Even the worst student in the room could figure out where someone lived.

That was more than 10 years ago. Technology has made it far easier. Especially if you add in someone who is good at social engineering.

I'm not saying people aren't easy to find. But they'd have to go to the place in secret and find the money/goods missing, leave without being noticed, find out all this stuff, come back and kill everyone?

Even if they were from the area and knew where the family lived and could start killing as soon as they noticed the goods missing, I agree, you'd have to let your mind wander really far for this scenario.

I'm not saying people aren't easy to find. But they'd have to go to the place in secret and find the money/goods missing, leave without being noticed, find out all this stuff, come back and kill everyone?

Even if they were from the area and knew where the family lived and could start killing as soon as they noticed the goods missing, I agree, you'd have to let your mind wander really far for this scenario.

What scenario? Figuring out where people lived? The is where the post was about. At this point, there is nothing saying anything was taken.

This is a stuggling community and has been for years. My sister has owned their property for over 40 years with good jobs to build their home. It's secluded but don't think they have surveillance or would ever think of it. Let alone lock doors daily. Maybe now? My sister and I talked two days straight so we are giving each other a break right now. lol

Thanks! I had no idea the culture or background of this area and the people. I thought if some people ran businesses from their property or had farms they might have set up surveillance, but if the community is struggling makes sense this wouldn't be a priority.

No they go to pick up the vehicle from the tow yard. Cops tell them where and how to get it back. Just like anybody else who has ever broken down or wrecked a car. They get it back and pop off the dash or drop the gas tank and their stash is gone. At that point the ball is rolling. I would expect they might "ask" for their money or drugs back. You would be talking about major criminal outfits and not a small time dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876