OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone is selling bottled water to raise money for the family.

Since there are so many Rhoden's still in the community and a killer loose, seems odd to me they would still have this festival today.

If I was a Rhoden in that area, after what Mike DeWine said I would be up north somewhere.

Did the family maybe go to the festival as a group and get in an argument with someone or a group there? Maybe some drunks/druggies who took something one of the Rhodens said or did wrongly, and the R's tried to ignore it and leave, but the drunk and his buddies followed them without their knowledge/knew where they lived and decided to have the last word in?

Idk if it's that kind of atmosphere... we have a festival in town that's fairly tame but I'm not a festival kind of person (other than going with the kids) so I'm not sure what festivals in general are like and if that would even be a possibility.

Going off your post, I can't remember if it's been discussed….do we know if Dana had a BF/new love interest recently or since her divorce? Did she recently just move close to her ex?

Which house was hers/did she live in again (address)?

So sorry, this is probably in the thread somewhere but I cannot keep track of this thread or who is who. I just listened to the 911 calls. The "Bobbi" whose brother-in-law was killed; which one was her brother-in-law and how were they related? Her husband's brother or her wife's husband? Was the relative linking them killed?

I believe she is DR's sister...

They may have some businesses ran from their homes. If you search Peebles, Oh, it says a struggling Appalachia County. Very interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachia

Yes, very interesting. I have watched a documentary not too long ago on modern day Appalachia and its struggles, it's heartbreaking. In Canada we have many isolated struggling communities as well. Seems so unfixable….sadly.

Which house was hers/did she live in again (address)?

Oh man, I'm not sure her actual address! I'd have to go back to check. I just remember it being mentioned she moved closer to her ex-husband.

So, I guess what I want to know is did her ex-husband CRSr live at the property for many years or did he move there only within the last few years? It sounds like he was there first then DR purchased the property close by after. I'm guessing they didn't live at CRSr's residence together previous to this?

Might not be important, just curious.

This is interesting. The cell phone video is pretty grainy. When the male passenger got out of the car that was stopped, the first thing I noticed was his complexion. By itself, that doesn't say a lot. However, in a later post, someone pointed out that one of FR's Facebook friends was a JR. JR is holding a newborn and he looks like he's sporting a healthy tan.

Too bad the cell video isn't a bit clearer.

Oh yea, this is my first post since becoming a member in 2004. :p

I feel like it's someone who knows the family or a family member or drugs/bad business.

As much as it's described as "execution style" (which sounds almost impersonal) it seems to be personal as well since whoever did this must have been familiar with the habits of the family and know the geographical locations of who was in what home. The fact that children were spared is either a conscience, they knew them or code.

Or loved them or just loved kids. Couldn't kill the babies, tg.

I couldn't open your link photojoumatt so I'm not sure the image is the same as the Google Earth shot of the location jimbo1984 was asking about. I think the residence is the building on the very right with the two vehicles in the driveway.

View attachment 92507

Thank you for this map, I've been looking for a good one to show most of the property. Up to the left where the largest building is, go further up and to the left and you can see part of a house, or mobile home. From what I remember when I first saw the news chopper scanning closer I think that's one of the homes. It was really quick, and I wish I could find a video of it, bec it scanned the whole property.

Nite all. If there isn't an arrest by Monday morning, this case will take a very new angle for me. Peebles, Pike County, needs to solve this massacre asap. mop. Power to all involved. Prayers for the family. There are no words only hugs.

Oh man, I'm not sure her actual address! I'd have to go back to check. I just remember it being mentioned she moved closer to her ex-husband.

So, I guess what I want to know is did her ex-husband CRSr live at the property for many years or did he move there only within the last few years? It sounds like he was there first then DR purchased the property close by after. I'm guessing they didn't live at CRSr's residence together previous to this?

Might not be important, just curious.

799 Left Fork Rd - dwelling - Owner Christopher Rhoden (his address is listed as 4077 Union Hill) - purchased 05-09-2008

4077 Union Hill - dwelling - Owner Christopher D. Rhoden - purchased 05-09-2009 (no typo, a year later to the day)

799 Left Fork Rd - 40 acres woodland - Owner Christopher Rhoden Et Al - Clarence Rhoden owned it from 2005-2011; Christopher Rhoden since 2011

According to the Pike County auditor's website Christopher Rhoden/Christopher D. Rhoden/Christopher Rhoden Et Al owned property connected to 799 Left Fork Rd, 1084 Left Fork Rd, 4077 Union Hill Rd. (I only searched Union Hill and Left Fork, but did see there are some properties CR owns in other locations).

No property on either road connected to any of the other victims, including Dana, according to the auditor's website. Website doesn't mention how often it is updated or how recent the info is. My experience with the auditor's site in my (Ohio) county is that it happens pretty quickly. FWIW.

The young mother's fb page has some interesting posts, almost implying abuse or something awry. Wonder where her bf/father of the baby is. Looks like not much of her family easy friends with him on fb.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Going off your post, I can't remember if it's been discussed….do we know if Dana had a BF/new love interest recently or since her divorce? Did she recently just move close to her ex?

Dana appears to have been very close to another person who passed away in March of 2014. The memory page for him is filled with her comments. Article says he lost control of his SUV while maneuvering a curve along Meadow Run Road and the vehicle went off the road and overturned. She repeatedly asks "him" to watch over her family. Her last post to his memorial page was April 21st at 12:16 pm. I'm not sure if it's relevant - but it makes you wonder why someone would drive off the road at 7"30 pm with his 15 year old daughter in the car. It's kind of weird how intently she posts. (Moderators, I haven't been here in a while - can I post a link to someone who's deceased?)

And, yes, she had just moved closer to her ex - I wonder who he was seeing?

This is interesting. The cell phone video is pretty grainy. When the male passenger got out of the car that was stopped, the first thing I noticed was his complexion. By itself, that doesn't say a lot. However, in a later post, someone pointed out that one of FR's Facebook friends was a JR. JR is holding a newborn and he looks like he's sporting a healthy tan.

Too bad the cell video isn't a bit clearer.

Oh yea, this is my first post since becoming a member in 2004. :p

My monitor is darker in photos and videos is that an orange hooded jacket, couldn't tell if it's a shirt or jacket.
NM My daughter said I could see it on her's. :)

799 Left Fork Rd - dwelling - Owner Christopher Rhoden (his address is listed as 4077 Union Hill) - purchased 05-09-2008

4077 Union Hill - dwelling - Owner Christopher D. Rhoden - purchased 05-09-2009 (no typo, a year later to the day)

799 Left Fork Rd - 40 acres woodland - Owner Christopher Rhoden Et Al - Clarence Rhoden owned it from 2005-2011; Christopher Rhoden since 2011

According to the Pike County auditor's website Christopher Rhoden/Christopher D. Rhoden/Christopher Rhoden Et Al owned property connected to 799 Left Fork Rd, 1084 Left Fork Rd, 4077 Union Hill Rd. (I only searched Union Hill and Left Fork, but did see there are some properties CR owns in other locations).

No property on either road connected to any of the other victims, including Dana, according to the auditor's website. Website doesn't mention how often it is updated or how recent the info is. My experience with the auditor's site in my (Ohio) county is that it happens pretty quickly. FWIW.

Wow thanks! So CRSr owned lots of property. Is this normal to own this much property in a struggling community? He must've made a good living (legit or illegal?) or property is maybe cheap... I have no idea.

Wow thanks! So CRSr owned lots of property. Is this normal to own this much property in a struggling community? He must've made a good living (legit or illegal?) or property is maybe cheap... I have no idea.

I think* CR inherited the 799 Left Fork dwelling and land from his father (Clarence). I don't know why it lists Clarence as the owner until 2011 for the land though (I believe he passed away in 2008).

The taxes all seem super low, so I'm sure none of the properties are very expensive.

ETA *My assumption

My monitor is darker in photos and videos is that an orange hooded jacket, couldn't tell if it's a shirt or jacket. It's a white young man with dark hair, right? The video is already grainy, my monitor shows it worse. SMH

I can't make out if it is a jacket or shirt. I interpreted the arrested male as white with dark hair as well.

Here are some pictures and google earth screen captures that show the different locations and the distances between each.

1) 3122 Union Hill - Dana, Hanna
2) 4077 & 4199 Union Hill - Chris Sr & Gary found at 4077 (per 911 caller). My belief (but no proof) is that Frankie & Hannah Hazel Gilley lived at 4199
3) shows distance between 3122 property & 4077/4199 complex. Note State Route 32 to left side for reference.
4) Shows distance between all 3 crime scenes with 799 Left Fork to the far right and the Union Hill Road locations to the left.

Attachments

• 3122UH.jpg
    3122UH.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 4077UH.jpg
    4077UH.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 171
  • UHR.jpg
    UHR.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 161
  • UHR2.jpg
    UHR2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 148
Dana appears to have been very close to another person who passed away in March of 2014. The memory page for him is filled with her comments. Article says he lost control of his SUV while maneuvering a curve along Meadow Run Road and the vehicle went off the road and overturned. She repeatedly asks "him" to watch over her family. Her last post to his memorial page was April 21st at 12:16 pm. I'm not sure if it's relevant - but it makes you wonder why someone would drive off the road at 7"30 pm with his 15 year old daughter in the car. It's kind of weird how intently she posts. (Moderators, I haven't been here in a while - can I post a link to someone who's deceased?)

And, yes, she had just moved closer to her ex - I wonder who he was seeing?

I get why she'd move closer to the ex maybe for the grandchildren or something. Or maybe she moved closer to the ex to get in on any business he might be doing (again, legit or illegal, hypothesizing as we don't know this yet).

Here are some pictures and google earth screen captures that show the different locations and the distances between each.

2) 4077 & 4199 Union Hill - Chris Sr & Gary found at 4077 (per 911 caller). My belief (but no proof) is that Frankie & Hannah Hazel Gilley lived at 4199
3) shows distance between 3122 property & 4077/4199 complex. Note State Route 32 to left side for reference.
4) Shows distance between all 3 crime scenes with 799 Left Fork to the far right and the Union Hill Road locations to the left.

Thanks for the photo visuals, that helps :)

Nice, thanks!

4199 Union Hill shows up on the auditor's website with a different owner so that could be the property that was recently purchased by Dana, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!