OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hers stood out the most, but wasn't or isn't a huge clue to me other than she was posting some not so happy thoughts and about to have a baby. That her dark thoughts and almost ready to have a baby & seeming something wrong in her relationship possibly is about the biggest clue I've found today, along with a couple of dudes in jail with no charges. No telling how long they have been in either because they don't date the arrest on the link. One is friends with a family member. One likes racing and cars. Not sure if it's demolition though.

Yes her dark posts jumped out at me right away. Something traumatic seems to have happened to hernia her young life. Of course people that age are dramatic butnitnwas a negative dramatic.

Can you give more info about this? I know of the uncharged inmates but not sure of the family relative

Help me out with the locations, please. Do I have this correct?

4077 Union Hill is the mobile home between the two garages and the truck trailer. CR1 and GR were found here.
4199 Union Hill is the mobile home next door to 4077 at the interesection of Rarden Straight Fork Rd. CFR and HG were found here.
3122 Union Hill Rd. is the red barn location near the interesection of Shanks Rd. HMR, DR, and CR2 were found here.

How could someone at 4077 not hear gunshots at 4199, or vice versa? If CR was dragged to the "backroom" maybe he did hear gunshots, meaning 4199 happened first.

Then why drive 30 miles out of the way to kill his brother when you already killed him n his kids , seems kinda unnecessary (although it's all unnecessary )....unless the brother (KR) was first......idk, that part seems off to me still.....

I've been working all weekend and I'm just now catching up on the details of this god awful case. It is just so heartbreaking! I looked through Fb's of the victims. Hannah Gilley's pictures made me cry! She just looked like such a happy person!

I feel like it's someone who knows the family or a family member or drugs/bad business.

As much as it's described as "execution style" (which sounds almost impersonal) it seems to be personal as well since whoever did this must have been familiar with the habits of the family and know the geographical locations of who was in what home. The fact that children were spared is either a conscience, they knew them or code.

I feel like this could be drug related and domestic. With the families living so close together, they probably knew a fair amount about each other's day to day lives. Perhaps the perp wiped out some of the victims because they knew too much. Maybe they spared the children because they had a conscience or maybe they spared them because the young ones wouldn't be able to finger them. At least not in the context of shady business dealings.

I think* CR inherited the 799 Left Fork dwelling and land from his father (Clarence). I don't know why it lists Clarence as the owner until 2011 for the land though (I believe he passed away in 2008).

The taxes all seem super low, so I'm sure none of the properties are very expensive.

ETA *My assumption

Isn't Frankie's real name also Clarence? Could it possibly be him? He's kind of young to be owning property, so maybe not.

Or maybe it took that long to settle the estate. My mother's house was still in my late father's name two and a half years after he died, because probate took for-freaken-ever.

"Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader released the names and ages of the eight members of the Rhoden family who were found dead in four locations, victims of execution-style killings:

Hannah Gilley, 20
Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40
Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16
Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20
Dana Rhoden, 37
Gary Rhoden, 38
Hanna Rhoden, 19
Kenneth Rhoden, 44"

Breastfeeding moms routinely refer to themselves as "I am breastfeeding" when they have a child they feed by nursing them - not necessarily meaning they are breastfeeding at that exact moment. I really think the tweet did not mean she was breastfeeding at the exact moment that she was shot, just that she was "a nursing mom". Although it could be possible obviously, but since this kind of detail has not been released by anyone (like you note), at this point I doubt that's what JR meant.

Do we know if she was a breastfeeding or formula feeding mom? Is that even relevant? Does one make the situation more tragic than the other?

For me, the answer to all of the above would be 'no.'

Yes her dark posts jumped out at me right away. Something traumatic seems to have happened to hernia her young life. Of course people that age are dramatic butnitnwas a negative dramatic.

She's also young and just gave birth to her second child, 2 different dads from what I'm understanding. Not judging at all, but there's a bit going on in her life that could be causing her to share the quotes that resonate with her. I'm not sure there's anything more to her posts, though.

There's also this stuff: http://www.southbloomfieldpolice.com/usr23_drug_pipeline.html
"....rampant drug dealing by Columbus crack-cocaine dealers is alive and well two hours south. Columbus dealers have fanned out along Rt. 23 all the way to the Ohio River, lured by higher profits and relatively untapped markets.

Heading for the hinterlands isn't new for Columbus crack dealers, but their incursion into Portsmouth shows the depth of the problems facing rural Ohio police departments and sheriff's offices. 'I think this is just the natural progression of Columbus gangs,' "

So drug running is a big problem in that area and has been. Route 23 runs right through there. This article is at least ten years old. I wonder if someone in the family crossed or got involved with the wrong person? Was somebody thought to be an informant?

This article discuss the Appalachian drug problem that runs from Columbus now down through West Virginia, as well as killing of informants becoming commonplace: http://www.post-gazette.com/frontpa...t-all-over-West-Virginia/stories/200605210166

I'm not caught up on this yet, but vaguely reminds me of the Guy Heinze case in GA. Although that one is pretty controversial now. I agree with folks who think someone in the community or what's left of the family knows something, IMO.

I just read about that case and I have to say it IS hard to believe that none of the victims escaped one perpetrator, especially given that they were beaten to death and all were fairly young.

She's only recently turned 19, so as she has a three year old, she must have been only 15 or 16 when that child was born. That can't have been easy.

I live very close to this. Such a tragic thing. Been following since Friday. Sure sounds like drugs to me. JMO

I don't want it to be drugs... but I really don't think it's anything to do with a freaking $3,000 derby car.

So, Gary (the cousin), was arrested in 2010 for possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, and public intoxication of a controlled substance excluding alcohol. The drug isn't actually listed.<modsnip>

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the 8 murders. For the life of me I can't imagine the rage it must take to wipe out so many.

So far fetched but I wonder if Gary had something someone wanted and the other killings were "motivation" for him to give it up. And he either couldn't or wouldn't or when he did, he got killed.

Whatever it was... I don't think it will ever make sense.

Sources:

http://birth-records.mooseroots.com/l/43730676/Garry-Dewayne-Rhoden

<modsnip>

http://www.jaildb.com/arrest-records/gary-rhoden-10219367

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

Nice sleuthing Pigpong. This is very interesting and seems very relevant. Perhaps there are 2 fueding wings within the Rhoden family.
As far as I can tell, only one wing of the family is seriously involved in drugs, which could be also a reason for a tense relationship.
I think JMR as one of the surviving members, may have some valuable information. Was he the tanned person that was arrested?

I think that the crime may be more dynamic. Maybe it was not one person or group of persons killing 8 people. Perhaps one or several
people were murdered, and then others were killed in retaliation. KWR has been arrested for violating a protective order (according to Pike county
court records). Is this a violation of a PPO. If so, who filed for the PPO?

>>>>SNIP<<<<

So far fetched but I wonder if Gary had something someone wanted and the other killings were "motivation" for him to give it up. And he either couldn't or wouldn't or when he did, he got killed.

Whatever it was... I don't think it will ever make sense.

>>>>SNIP<<<<

Wow, great sleuthing and exactly where my mind is going. I think Gary and/or Kenneth is the key. I think someone either came North from KY with Gary or to get him.

I'm going back on forth on this. I'm thinking that the most violent scene is key, but how, exactly? The fact that the relative visiting from Kentucky was there might indeed suggest that he had brought some kind of problem with him to Ohio - but then why kill all the others?

Because when those others were the ones that could identify the perps?

<modsnip>

Is there a new rule we can't name victims? Caylee Anthony has her name of a whole subforum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654