OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are at least 2 funeral funds set up at ********. I am not mentioning this to advertise it (and I won't link the pages).
But I find it interesting that there is more than 1 funeral fund.
One page is set up to benefit Dana, Chris Jr., the two Hanna's, and Frankie. The other one is set up for Chris Sr., Kenneth and Gary.
I wonder if this is reflective of a division within the family. The comments on the page for Dana & children are an interesting read.
Some people question the validity of the ******** page. There is also a person who posts nasty remarks and cites the criminal
history of the family.

Just my personal input re dogs and chickens....we live just up from the farm where our friends live. We regularly go feed livestock and dogs. In my area it's not at all out of the ordinary. I noticed a Coonhound hunting group FR was a member of. I'm hoping this is not the case - the *advertiser censored*/dog fighting - I've not seen any of this info personally.

Kind of an irrelevant detail to occupy so much debate.

IMO it's very relevant to put rumors to rest. Look at all the times it is being said two of the victims were beaten. That all came from a 911 call where the caller thought they were beaten. That's what the caller assumed at the time. However according to LE and AG it was a gunshot to the head that caused the injuries the caller assumed to be from a beating. Now we have people saying some of the victims were beaten to death.

I haven't heard these rumors but looking at the groups that FR belonged to on FB suggests he used dogs for hunting and possibly breeding. JMO!

He wasn't the only one breeding and selling dogs and most were pits. I've also seen a lot of things on several pages that indicate many and friends being involved in *advertiser censored* fighting. I know all pit owners don't fight dogs, but let's be honest, a large majority do. I followed a lot of links last night and saw a lot of support for the dog and *advertiser censored* fighting.

Also whoever was talking about KY, seems there were a lot if cousins in KY.I have a big extended southern family that keeps on contact, these people seem to have a really big one to m and many are in the Piketon area or close around. They seem to be a well known family of the area, dating back a very long time. I've seen families like this in small southern communities, they aren't always well known for good things, but there is a sense of "don't mess with them". They will also protect their own from outsiders but they will also put their own in line. They seem to have a close extended relationship, first and second cousins growing up together and something just gives me the sense they are known as the family that runs that town.

I feel there a couple of major points here.one,yes,it appears its someone who is familiar with the 4crime scenes.I feel like this revolves around Hanna may rhoden.she had a boyfriend,CH.not sure I he was the father of the baby,according to her fb,they started a relationship after she was pregnant.it appears they lived together,but why wasn't he killed along with her?she stated in 2013 she married JW,although it wasn't a,legal marriage.i think its significant that she was killed after giving birth days before.the fact that none if the babies or child harmed physically,makes me feel it was someone who had feelings towards the kids.is it poss that she broke up with a bf or perhaps the baby's father felt alienated after birth of baby ,and her father backed her.ir wouldn't be the first time people were murdered for interfering .JUST MY OPINION

I dont believe the drug theory,however,its interesting to note that Hanna mays boyfriend CH worked for a bio hazard company his dad owned,cleaning up meth labs

im thinking, as of right now, that CR sr and his brother were beaten first and that didnt work, maybe killer(s) took their revenge out on the rest of their family first and then killed CR sr and brother. killer(s) wanted informantion of some sort? :thinking:

That theory works for me, but I think CR Sr. was found with his cousin and not his brother. Correct me If I'm wrong on that. If indeed the SIL was correct when she made the 911 and CR Sr. and GR were beaten and then shot, it sounds like the suspect was out to get 1 of those 2 and the other 1 tried to stop the beating and shooting. The other family members were then murdered because they would talk and identify the shooter not because they saw them, but because they were told what was going on.

Nice sleuthing Pigpong. This is very interesting and seems very relevant. Perhaps there are 2 fueding wings within the Rhoden family.
As far as I can tell, only one wing of the family is seriously involved in drugs, which could be also a reason for a tense relationship.
I think JMR as one of the surviving members, may have some valuable information. Was he the tanned person that was arrested?

I think that the crime may be more dynamic. Maybe it was not one person or group of persons killing 8 people. Perhaps one or several
people were murdered, and then others were killed in retaliation
. KWR has been arrested for violating a protective order (according to Pike county
court records). Is this a violation of a PPO. If so, who filed for the PPO?

I am leaning that way too. I'm thinking whoever was beaten first had been in an earlier or longstanding confrontation over ? (could be anything)
So the perp killed the whole family, as to silence them. Possibly thinking the family members would have known about the bad blood between the 2 of them and would have given LE his name.
Just another angle :confused:

Hanna may rhoden.she had a boyfriend,CH.not sure I he was the father of the baby,according to her fb,they started a relationship after she was pregnant.it appears they lived together,but why wasn't he killed along with her?

I don't believe they did live together.

BTW, since someone mentioned the ******** pages, one of those was set up by a relative who is heavily involved in dog rescue, which is another reason I don't believe the family was involved in dog fighting.

CH's father's business cleans crime scenes too, in a tragic irony.

That theory works for me, but I think CR Sr. was found with his cousin and not his brother. Correct me If I'm wrong on that. If indeed the SIL was correct when she made the 911 and CR Sr. and GR were beaten and then shot, it sounds like the suspect was out to get 1 of those 2 and the other 1 tried to stop the beating and shooting. The other family members were then murdered because they would talk and identify the shooter not because they saw them, but because they were told what was going on.

24Roses, we were kind of thinking alike and posting at the same time :smile:

Is there a new rule we can't name victims? Caylee Anthony has her name of a whole subforum..

I haven't heard this rule. I don't know why we couldn't name victims. Personally, I find all of the initials to be confusing so I prefer if people type out the full name.

He wasn't the only one breeding and selling dogs and most were pits. I've also seen a lot of things on several pages that indicate many and friends being involved in *advertiser censored* fighting. I know all pit owners don't fight dogs, but let's be honest, a large majority do. I followed a lot of links last night and saw a lot of support for the dog and *advertiser censored* fighting.

Also whoever was talking about KY, seems there were a lot if cousins in KY.I have a big extended southern family that keeps on contact, these people seem to have a really big one to m and many are in the Piketon area or close around. They seem to be a well known family of the area, dating back a very long time. I've seen families like this in small southern communities, they aren't always well known for good things, but there is a sense of "don't mess with them". They will also protect their own from outsiders but they will also put their own in line. They seem to have a close extended relationship, first and second cousins growing up together and something just gives me the sense they are known as the family that runs that town.

To the bold - do you have some statistics on this? I know a lot of people with pits and pit mixes and they are far from dog fighters. To me that just seems like a sweeping (and likely inaccurate) generalization.

IMO it's very relevant to put rumors to rest. Look at all the times it is being said two of the victims were beaten. That all came from a 911 call where the caller thought they were beaten. That's what the caller assumed at the time. However according to LE and AG it was a gunshot to the head that caused the injuries the caller assumed to be from a beating. Now we have people saying some of the victims were beaten to death.

Because LE hasn't released much info, people in this thread are going a bit crazy with their theories and unfortunately a lot of people read those theories as fact. Especially if they get repeated a lot.

As far as I've seen, no official sources have said anything about - drugs or dog fighting. Nor have they said anything about any victims being beaten. But yet some things keep getting stated as fact.

I agree. One of the unique aspects of websleuths is that we only work with published facts. Pointing out a discrepancy is good sleuthing IMO. Ultimately it doesn't matter if a mother chooses to bf or bottle feed, but sleuthers sift through facts and discard rumor. It also at times exposes a perp when info only the perp would know is discovered. MOO and thanks to those that carefully sleuth the details. :loveyou:

A few comments on the deceased from today's press:

Dana Rhoden was known to speak her mind, her friends said, and it was part of her charm. She was loyal to those she loved, worked hard and helped anyone who came along in need.

“She was a good woman,” said Chad Burns, a friend of the Rhodens who had known Dana since grade school. “I lost my job. I was out of work for a year and a half, and she’d come down and she’d give food, clothes to my kids.”

Christopher Rhoden Sr. was a contractor who most recently had been building decks at the Big Bear Lake Family Resort in Lucasville.

Christopher Rhoden Jr., a Piketon High School student, also worked there.

His friends have flooded Facebook this weekend with memories and messages of sorrow.

They say your in a better place but here with me is a better place, driving around in your car and having a blast that's the better place Chris Roden miss u wish u was with me

Hanna was a certified nursing assistant for Edgewood Manor in Lucasville for less than three months, said a spokeswoman for Consulate Health Care in Maitland, Florida. She had left her job for her pregnancy but had planned to return to work.

Chris Jr., his dad and Frankie all enjoyed building and driving demolition-derby cars, Burns said.

“Us derby guys, we all kinda stuck together,” he said.

Frankie also worked at the Big Bear resort at one time, but was working at a sawmill most recently.

Gary Rhoden was from Greenup, Kentucky, but few other details about him and none about Kenneth Rhoden were available Saturday.

It’s all really just too much to bear, said Donna Musser, a cousin of Dana Rhoden’s who grew up in southern Ohio but now lives in Texas.

“They’d just do anything for anyone,” she said. “To think that anyone would have a grudge against them is just unbelievable.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/23/1-piketon-folo.html

It seems more and more likely to me that GR or KR might be the key to this.

Does anyone know anything about the person of interest being held?as of 3hours ago,they were still being held.

I agree. I think that's one of the things I love most about WS. We try to keep rumor out of the discussion so that we are only focusing on the facts we know. I also think the speculation about the family being involved in illegal activity is out of line at this point. We've had no indication (from MSM or LE) that I'm aware of that this is the case. This is after all a victim friendly site. JMO

24Roses, we were kind of thinking alike and posting at the same time :smile:

I dont feel like someone was killed because they seen something.four crime scenes,most sleeping in bed.although LE not releasing much,from what we know nobody tried to get help or run,etc.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654