OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not caught up on this yet, but vaguely reminds me of the Guy Heinze case in GA. Although that one is pretty controversial now. I agree with folks who think someone in the community or what's left of the family knows something, IMO.

The young mother's fb page has some interesting posts, almost implying abuse or something awry. Wonder where her bf/father of the baby is. Looks like not much of her family easy friends with him on fb.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Another angle for sure…..could see the baby daddy being a potential POI if there were familial tensions.

LE must know who they're looking for because even though they call it a manhunt, it seems to have gone awfully quiet. There's a literal manhunt for the Reed brothers that killed the couple in Washington, and the suspects are being exploited everywhere in the media. Things have gone quiet with no big media warnings to the general public for this case, so do LE have their eyes on a suspect(s)?

This Ohio case got real quiet, so maybe not to alarm maybe a "comfortable" suspect? Just throwing ideas out there….

I can't make out if it is a jacket or shirt. I interpreted the arrested male as white with dark hair as well.

I just saw it, I don't think that's the no bond. The no bond is really pale, but does have a bright orange hooded jacket. I think that one in the video has a shirt. I actually think the one in the video looks more like the one whose parents were trying to stop rumors, he did talk to LE, but he's not arrested.

Also, the authorities released the 911 call, is this normal or a strategic move by LE to get to a suspect? Does LE have to give permission to release the call or is a 911 call public information/domain in the US?

Sorry, I'm Canadian and not super familiar with protocols and the privacy laws in the US as our laws are different. I don't think we're allowed to release 911 calls to the public as it breaches privacy laws, although I should confirm this. I haven't heard any released that I can think of with many cases in Canada.

Nice, thanks!

4199 Union Hill shows up on the auditor's website with a different owner so that could be the property that was recently purchased by Dana, maybe?

I'm not sure, but here is why I have it listed on the maps the way I do.

Numbers run lower to higher from North to South. The church which is North of 32 (to the left in the picture) is 1964 Union Hill Rd. Running to the South next would be 3122 (which I'm certain is Dana's house ... see her FB post from a couple of months ago.) That would put 4077 as the first trailer and 4199 as the next.

The auditor's site shows the 4199 as owned by and R and M W. Both HHG & Frankie have FB friends with the same last name. Perhaps they are land contracting the trailer and it is parked on Dad's land there? Not sure (as with so much else in this case!).

Also, the authorities released the 911 call, is this normal or a strategic move by LE to get to a suspect? Does LE have to give permission to release the call or is a 911 call public information/domain in the US?

Sorry, I'm Canadian and not super familiar with protocols and the privacy laws in the US as our laws are different. I don't think we're allowed to release 911 calls to the public as it breaches privacy laws, although I should confirm this. I haven't heard any released that I can think of with many cases in Canada.

Yes it's part of the investigation they release it when they want. They've been so quiet, I actually expected a presser today, but they're doing autopsies this weekend. They might wait till Monday, unless something comes up. A small community that knows one another knows alot of things going on, so I'm hoping they know more than what they've said so far. If not, that is very frightening for the community.

Another angle for sure…..could see the baby daddy being a potential POI if there were familial tensions.

LE must know who they're looking for because even though they call it a manhunt, it seems to have gone awfully quiet. There's a literal manhunt for the Reed brothers that killed the couple in Washington, and the suspects are being exploited everywhere in the media. Things have gone quiet with no big media warnings to the general public for this case, so do LE have their eyes on a suspect(s)?

This Ohio case got real quiet, so maybe not to alarm maybe a "comfortable" suspect? Just throwing ideas out there….
It is odd. They are all friends on fb EXCEPT her bf/baby's dad. Seems only she was friends with him, not Frankie, or any of the family. They must not have liked him and since she was at her mom's house I assume there was some type of problems. Sounds like since it has gone silent we will be finding out something soon!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The auditor's site shows the 4199 as owned by and R and M W. Both HHG & Frankie have FB friends with the same last name. Perhaps they are land contracting the trailer and it is parked on Dad's land there? Not sure (as with so much else in this case!).

Very early on it was announced that one of the houses belonged to the Weisel family; one of Christopher's sisters is married into that family. Different initials, but it could be a relative?

Just a reminder that, as per TOS, friends' social media is off-limits. No discussion of what they say, or links to their accounts.

:tyou:

I feel like it's someone who knows the family or a family member or drugs/bad business.

As much as it's described as "execution style" (which sounds almost impersonal) it seems to be personal as well since whoever did this must have been familiar with the habits of the family and know the geographical locations of who was in what home. The fact that children were spared is either a conscience, they knew them or code.

I don't want it to be drugs... but I really don't think it's anything to do with a freaking $3,000 derby car.

So, Gary (the cousin), was arrested in 2010 for possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, and public intoxication of a controlled substance excluding alcohol. The drug isn't actually listed.<modsnip>

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the 8 murders. For the life of me I can't imagine the rage it must take to wipe out so many.

So far fetched but I wonder if Gary had something someone wanted and the other killings were "motivation" for him to give it up. And he either couldn't or wouldn't or when he did, he got killed.

Whatever it was... I don't think it will ever make sense.

Sources:

http://birth-records.mooseroots.com/l/43730676/Garry-Dewayne-Rhoden

<modsnip>

http://www.jaildb.com/arrest-records/gary-rhoden-10219367

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

I don't want it to be drugs... but I really don't think it's anything to do with a freaking $3,000 derby car.

So, Gary (the cousin), was arrested in 2010 for possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, and public intoxication of a controlled substance excluding alcohol. The drug isn't actually listed.<modsnip>

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the 8 murders. For the life of me I can't imagine the rage it must take to wipe out so many.

So far fetched but I wonder if Gary had something someone wanted and the other killings were "motivation" for him to give it up. And he either couldn't or wouldn't or when he did, he got killed.

Whatever it was... I don't think it will ever make sense.

Sources:

http://birth-records.mooseroots.com/l/43730676/Garry-Dewayne-Rhoden

<modsnip>

http://www.jaildb.com/arrest-records/gary-rhoden-10219367

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

Are you positive you have the right people? The spellings are different from those in MSM re the deceased.

Are you positive you have the right people? The spellings are different from those in MSM re the deceased.

The only spelling that should be different is Gary. The birth index lists him as Garry (same birthdate as released for the victim: http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html). But yes, I'm positive. Between the birth indexes and the information from the obits and everything else I listed. I'm positive. I wouldn't have posted it if I weren't sure I was right.

Hers stood out the most, but wasn't or isn't a huge clue to me other than she was posting some not so happy thoughts and about to have a baby. That her dark thoughts and almost ready to have a baby & seeming something wrong in her relationship possibly is about the biggest clue I've found today, along with a couple of dudes in jail with no charges. No telling how long they have been in either because they don't date the arrest on the link. One is friends with a family member. One likes racing and cars. Not sure if it's demolition though.
One of the dudes has a 4/21/2016 Fugitive from Justice charge. Arraignment was 8:30 am on 4/22/2016.

CRA 1600293 at www.pikecountycourt.org

04/21/2016
CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 04/22/2016 AT 8:30 AM
04/22/2016
PUBLIC DEFENDER WAIVED.
CASE SET FOR A STATUS CONF. ON 05/02/2016 AT 8:30 AM

Just a reminder that, as per TOS, friends' social media is off-limits. No discussion of what they say, or links to their accounts.

:tyou:

:bump:

That includes family and people not officially named as POI or suspect by LE.

Please review The Rules regarding Social Media, and specifically:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

IMO - I think the connection goes to Kenneth and Gary......once in the drug trade it's hard to get out and easy to go back to if your in need of money, hard times, etc......it's one thing to kill family within walking distance of each other but to purposely go after a relative 30 miles away and kill him just puts a weird feeling my way - he was obviously a target bc they wanted him dead bad enough to travel to get him........maybe the other two, CR and GR were beaten, shook down to get info on where KR was.......IMO

It seems to me that CR1 is the primary target. The victims are all close to him: children, ex-spouse, brother, same age cousin. One could make the case that DR, KR, and GR could have been the targets for their past brushes with the law, but they have closer relations that were not killed. CR1 is the focal point in the family ties. The scenes were on property CR1 owned. CR1 doesn't seem to have much of a criminal history. Wiping out someone's entire family seems to be unusually personal and excessive for a business deal gone bad.

I'm going back on forth on this. I'm thinking that the most violent scene is key, but how, exactly? The fact that the relative visiting from Kentucky was there might indeed suggest that he had brought some kind of problem with him to Ohio - but then why kill all the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654