OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the person who posted the link to Dana Rhoden's "Flipagram" site. I had never seen it, and did not know about Flipagram, which is apparently social media to share photos in a sort of video loop. Dad had a lot of photos posted and it is poignant to view the videos. https://flipagram.com/dana.l.rhoden

No no lol. Someone made the comment they wished someone loved them as much as DR loved a deceased friend. Someone else commented that they would get a restraining order because it is really almost too much, bordering on obsessive.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
That person was deceased and the comment was on their memorial wall. I think maybe she was just one of those very tender-hearted type folks.

Took a break from reading yesterday after the funerals. I did see that cars were being towed from Rhoden's properties. This case is dragging the energy out of me, is it accurate that I haven't missed much of anything since then? I'm sure the mention of towing cars brought about selling car discussions but anything else interesting? Thanks

Took a break from reading yesterday after the funerals. I did see that cars were being towed from Rhoden's properties. This case is dragging the energy out of me, is it accurate that I haven't missed much of anything since then? I'm sure the mention of towing cars brought about selling car discussions but anything else interesting?
Thanks

Pretty accurate. We talked about the cars and such. No new firm information.

I have read that phone companies (even not using stingray) can determine the location of a phone by looking back at the signal strength that 2 or more towers received at certain times (like of the murders). The phones might have to be turned on but the way technology is going who knows? This Wikipedia link shows part of it using "multilateration" and "hyperbolic curve", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking

Oh yeah, they can definitely do that.

But if LE had stingrays set up in that area at the time of the murders (if they'd had suspicions about potential drug activity, for example), they could have obtained the cell data from anyone and everyone who used a cell phone in that vicinity on that date. (And by cell data, I mean numbers called, texts sent, precise location coordinates and times, the whole nine yards.) Unfortunately, stingrays are really expensive and I'd be shocked if one was already set up in such a rural area.

Oh yeah, they can definitely do that.

But if LE had stingrays set up in that area at the time of the murders (if they'd had suspicions about potential drug activity, for example), they could have obtained the cell data from anyone and everyone who used a cell phone in that vicinity on that date. (And by cell data, I mean numbers called, texts sent, precise location coordinates and times, the whole nine yards.) Unfortunately, stingrays are really expensive and I'd be shocked if one was already set up in such a rural area.

I think the phone records have to be subpoenaed and it takes time for the phone company to look it up but hopefully something will make a breakthrough.

[video=youtu;xKFt1u5O6hc]http://youtu.be/xKFt1u5O6hc[/video]

Hope this link works. Interview with local at the time autopsies released. He says "and with a shotgun" wonder if he's guessing ??

I did find this video while looking around and I hadn't seen it before....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmqtNLHcTU&feature=youtu.be

After watching your video, the next 'autoplay video' was this one in which an ex-FBI investigator gives his take. He describes the killers as "on a mission". I believe this video was posted about thread 4 or 5, but is worth watching if you haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/gU50GmQErCg

**Bonus** Here is a screen capture from this video which shows Kenny Rhoden's trailer from the perspective of Left Fork Road.

lfr.jpg

Hope this link works. Interview with local at the time autopsies released. He says "and with a shotgun" wonder if he's guessing ??

Must be my night to take screen shots from vids that other post :) Someone asked earlier about the window on the backside of 4199 UHR being open. Here is a screen capture that shows that it most certainly is. Now, does this have anything to do with murder or was it open because it was a nice spring evening and trailers get insufferably hot if they don't have AC?

In the 2nd image, I've taken the screen capture and increased it 300% to show the window clearly being open. However, the more I looked, my eye was drawn to the door. There is a hole where the porch light would have been and the door to me appears to have been jimmied or forced. From the appearance of the rest of the trailer, I'd not be surprised if it was not already like that, but then again.

4199UHR_back-1.jpg

4199UHR_back-2.jpg

I'm not sure the shotgun theroy is accurate. I think this local was speculating as I know I read that at least one of the funerals was open casket and I don't believe that would have been the case if they had multiple shot gun wounds

Yea hard to believe it would be a shotgun. Could be multiple weapons though shotgun being one of them.

Interesting. Thanks

One person who remains nameless has a court record with a .22 Magnum listed that belongs to him. A judge ordered it returned to that one person after a trial. 2009 though.

Interesting. Thanks

One person who remains nameless has a court record with a .22 Magnum listed that belongs to him. A judge ordered it returned to that one person after a trial. 2009 though.

I saw that also... But also thought it's probably a poplar gun to have around. I believe it said rifle if we are thinking of same person.

I tell ya it's really hard to watch Leonard on interviews. My heart just breaks for him. He couldn't protect his daughter and his grandkids and just the horror of what's happened to his family. I been praying to catch the killers but tonight I am gonna pray for Leonard.

I don't know enough about guns other than I've shot a rifle a few times & a hand gun, years ago. I'm good.

There are semi-automatic .22 magnums when I searched for information. Not sure because the docket wasn't detailed enough.

ta dah, enter the gun experts...

I don't know enough about guns other than I've shot a rifle a few times & a hand gun, years ago. I'm good.

There are semi-automatic .22 magnums when I searched for information. Not sure because the docket wasn't detailed enough.

ta dah, enter the gun experts...

The docket does say rifle. I just checked again. I was just commenting that a .22 rifle is probably a common household item in the country. My ten year old started with a .22 rifle. :)

I tell ya it's really hard to watch Leonard on interviews. My heart just breaks for him. He couldn't protect his daughter and his grandkids and just the horror of what's happened to his family. I been praying to catch the killers but tonight I am gonna pray for Leonard.

He does cut straight to your heart somehow.

He does cut straight to your heart somehow.
I think it is because he is innocent. And not .... "worldly"? I honestly believe he had NO IDEA about the grow ops, nor did he know about alleged animal fights. I think he was completely blindsided by this. It must be a nightmare. His descendants are wiped out, and then to add insult to injury, LE comes forward with statements that his child was a criminal.
I'm curious what his relationship with the Rhoden side is like. With him being Dana's father, did he approve of Chris as her husband?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member