OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like an edited version of the first interview, as much of what he says is the same as in the first one. Same emotional reaction talking about finding KR, etc.

Ok, thanks. I was confused, LOL.

2 weeks after eight Pike County killings, what's not known

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/05/06/2-weeks-after-eight-pike-county-killings-whats-not-known/84019326/

Five search warrants have been served in connection with the investigation, authorities have said. Four of the locations include where the bodies were found, but the fifth location has not yet been disclosed.

Only two search warrants have been returned and filed with the Pike County Clerk of Court's Office. Both have been sealed.

Dan Tierney, a spokesman for the Attorney General's Office, previously told Gannett Ohio that search warrants had not been filed because the crime scenes were still active. However, an earlier news release from the Attorney General's Office issued April 23 said work at each of the crime scenes was completed.

A good summary and analysis.

Thanks. :)

Re DS, what didn't he want the other person not to see? Not pointing an accusatory finger here, but his statement is rather odd, IMO if he hadn't determined that KR was deceased. JMO JMO JMO LOL

I believe, based upon the news coverage that morning, the fact that Kenneth was a Rhoden, and that Kenneth did not answer when Stone called his name, that Stone was cautiously concerned and horrified about the scene unfolding in front of him. With Luke being his son, I think Stone wanted to protect him from the horrible sight. Stone was right, Luke didn't need to see that if he didn't have to.

I believe, based upon the news coverage that morning, the fact that Kenneth was a Rhoden, and that Kenneth did not answer when Stone called his name, that Stone was cautiously concerned and horrified about the scene unfolding in front of him. With Luke being his son, I think Stone wanted to protect him from the horrible sight. Stone was right, Luke didn't need to see that if he didn't have to.

I'll buy that explanation if there were indications Kenneth was there and didn't answer. DS and LR already knew that other Rhodens had been killed.

Guys, the towing of the cars doesn't mean they have anything to do with the crime. In my opinion it's part of fully processing the crime scene. They HAVE TO DO THAT and here's why. Let's say they end up arresting a few perps and it goes to trial. If they haven't thoroughly searched and examined everything on that property...including all vehicles...then the defense can accuse the prosecution of not doing a proper thorough job. I can see a defense attorney pulling out a bag of cocaine and lying and saying...this bag was found in X car on that property that they never even searched! Thereby he creates reasonable doubt an a competing narrative of the prosecution's case which could confuse the jury and provide reasonable doubt. Because of this it is law enforcement's duty to examine every single thing at a crime scene...they can't leave any stone untouched so that they don't provide an easy out for the defense team. A number of people on this forum know that I believe the perps are the group of kids that have had run-ins with the Rhodens. Processing the cars the way they have been in no way hurts that theory...in fact it strengthens it if anything because if they really thought these cars were an intrinsic part of the crime...they would have been taking evidence off of them two weeks ago...not the last two days.

I just told someone last night that we have to remember that the investigation isn't happening in a vacuum, that they could be investigating several other crimes Just because LE's chain of evidence may show that DS did it (just for example ... not saying he did), that does not mean that they are not going to pursue the other crime investigations that have come to light due to the murders such as the grow op, cockfighting, stolen car parts if any, etc.

I've said from the beginning that I believe this case is more than just a murder case, that this is potentially assisting in other criminal investigations and also causing other criminal investigations, unfortunately. This is far more than just 8 people murdered and a grow operation. Now they have the dirty job of sorting all of the illegal criminal activity, potentially connecting it to other cases, and launching probes on other people.

I also feel like there is potentially more drugs than just pot involved. And between everything else they are diving into, much more than just drugs going on.

All JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junk cars as assets I highly doubt they would be returning the property if they were perusing that angle as the property is the best asset.

-----------

They took away the Movable Assets (junk cars) because that's just what they are ... easily movable, and could disappear overnight without trace !! The Fixed Property is in no danger of being spirited away !! "Returning" or "Releasing" the properties (crime-scenes) is just an expression for allowing free access to next of kin and/or administrators. Due process must be followed if the State wishes to ATTACH any of the assets by way of Forfeiture, but first things first ... make sure the assets do not evaporate into thin air, so to speak !!
:moo:

Do y'all think the perp(s) would have visible scratches etc from any of the victims?
I've wondered that, but we are going by BJM saying it looked like someone beat the ****** of them. I may have missed another piece of information but, I was wondering if she thought they'd been beaten, by seeing the blood all over them. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I get the feeling she may be a bit "backward" so to speak. She may not have realized they'd been shot multiple times and thought they'd been beaten to death. I'm thinking it would be a pretty awful sight, but the entry wounds may not have been that large depending on the type of ammunition, and firearm. The exit wounds are normally larger and she may not have seen those. I've not read anything that specifically says that CR and GR were beaten, except for her 911 call/transcript. If there is something else that points to them being beaten other than BJM, I'd appreciate a link, at this point my brain is numb.

I'll buy that explanation if there were indications Kenneth was there and didn't answer. DS and LR already knew that other Rhodens had been killed.

Recall, DS said the padlock on the outside of Kenneth's camper trailer was unlatched. He would have assumed Kenneth was home.

The video at this link shows some of the crime scene at Kenneth's camper. You can see a truck parked in the front, assume it's Kenneth's

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered&p=12524343#post12524343

I've wondered that, but we are going by BJM saying it looked like someone beat the ****** of them. I may have missed another piece of information but, I was wondering if she thought they'd been beaten, by seeing the blood all over them. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I get the feeling she may be a bit "backward" so to speak. She may not have realized they'd been shot multiple times and thought they'd been beaten to death. I'm thinking it would be a pretty awful sight, but the entry wounds may not have been that large depending on the type of ammunition, and firearm. The exit wounds are normally larger and she may not have seen those. I've not read anything that specifically says that CR and GR were beaten, except for her 911 call/transcript. If there is something else that points to them being beaten other than BJM, I'd appreciate a link, at this point my brain is numb.

Coroner's report said there was bruising (I don't recall the exact wording- soft tissue damage?) but didn't indicate which victims.

That's interesting. I did some reading on this topic a few weeks ago and it's still a problem. Whatever remedy Congress tried after that 2012 article, it didn't work.
The one business that was started back in 2009 though, was almost two years after CR and DR divorce, and HR would have only been around 13 at the time. I do think that this was the time that CR1 and KR, possibly GR at that time too, got into stuff they shouldn't have. You can look at the properties in 2010, and then look in the years that follow, and that's when new buildings, and mobile homes, and more cars on the properties, start cropping up.

What prompted him to go in the garage?
I know it's hard to say how one would react to finding a dead body but I'm pretty sure my first thought wouldn't be to go look in the garage.. There has to be more to the story than he's saying.
He may have checked the garage first, thinking he would be out there working on a car.
His retelling of the story may not be linear.

Been reading about this case all afternoon.

It seems most people are drawn to drug dealing in the area being part of a motive, which is understandable given that a large amount of weed was found to be cultivated on the property. And This is leading to people 'following the money', attempting to locate financial double dealing.

But is it not just as possible this was a highly personal attack from a close relationship? To kill eight people implies the UNSUB/s knew the homes well and patterns of the victims, the same applies for getting by the family dogs. Then we can add in that one victim was shot nine times, which screams overkill to me as does beating some of the victims.

I am wondering if the victimology will turn up a sour and toxic relationship with one or a couple of the victims. With the others all having to be killed as they would have recognized the UNSUB. No coincidence that the survivors of the attack are far too young to aid in any identification.

Thoughts?

He may have checked the garage first, thinking he would be out there working on a car.
His retelling of the story may not be linear.

Good point. However, I find it hard to believe he was surprised by the plants, like he had never seen them before. Not even sure why he would mention that. Just makes him seem suspicious.

Good point. However, I find it hard to believe he was surprised by the plants, like he had never seen them before. Not even sure why he would mention that. Just makes him seem suspicious.

Something happened to the plants and obvious and wanted to make that a point I believe.

Coroner's report said there was bruising (I don't recall the exact wording- soft tissue damage?) but didn't indicate which victims.
Yes, soft tissue bruising, consistent with a hit or kick or fall. But we don't have the full coroner's report. Having the "***** beaten out of them" sounds a whole lot different. I would expect there would be the terms, blunt force trauma, abrasions, and lacerations, if someone beat the ***** out of them. These were not little men. If this was a beating, (I'd say they'd have put up some sort of fight too and got some licks in) then I'd expect more on the coroner's report, which we've not actually seen yet that I'm aware of, than "signs of soft tissue bruising". jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper