OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find the idea that there's a Mexican cartel connection absurd? The Ohio AG's statement that other grow operations had “suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel,” apparently because "tents ... were stocked with food including tortillas, rice and Mexican canned beans" seems like a real leap to me. I'm guessing that the Rhoden murders are the result of some personal vendetta.

[I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm messing up the timeline by injecting this comment.]

My understanding is that they have two persons of interest but. It enough evidence for a conviction. I'm not naming POI I am out in the field at work on my lunch hour and can't provide a link as I don't have the time. If this is against TOS this just delete it.

I don't think any POI's have been named by police in the Hobby Howard murder case. Some person posted the arrest of 2 people on some website, but I am not sure if that is reliable. In any case there does not seem to be any newspaper article reporting it. I wonder if the police report of this murder is available. It might tell us if there are similarities. I am not even sure if it is officially known how he died, but I think it may be a gunshot wound.

If the Howard case was a gunshot

The Newsomes was gunshot

The Rhodens gunshot

Is there testing that LE can do to tell if the same bullets were used? Or do they just say similar. I can't remember exactly

I think in the arias case LE said the bullet came from a certain kind of gun just can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Howard case was a gunshot

The Newsomes was gunshot

The Rhodens gunshot

Is there testing that LE can do to tell if the same bullets were used? Or do they just say similar. I can't remember exactly

I think in the arias case LE said the bullet came from a certain kind of gun just can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provided the bullet is in good condition, yes they can match a bullet to the weapon it was fired from.

Provided the bullet is in good condition, yes they can match a bullet to the weapon it was fired from.

Thank you so they could possibly rule out/in if there's a link to the 3.

I imagine that they would be able to say that at the least the bullets were similar to each other, and if they recovered some that were in good enough condition they should be able to determine if they were fired from the same weapon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find the idea that there's a Mexican cartel connection absurd? The Ohio AG's statement that other grow operations had “suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel,” apparently because "tents ... were stocked with food including tortillas, rice and Mexican canned beans" seems like a real leap to me. I'm guessing that the Rhoden murders are the result of some personal vendetta.

[I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm messing up the timeline by injecting this comment.]
Yes. But please don't mention that word again. It'll bring back the craziness. It's finally died down!

It is implied open in this article as the funeral director talks about having them perfect for the family to see.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...irector-thought-had-seen-everything/83813838/

As I responded to someone earlier..

Assuming you are referring to when the funeral director said that he can't make them look alive, but he can make them look as good as he can. (Something to that affect.)

That doesn't always necessarily mean it's open casket for all. Sometimes families have a private viewing session where they are able to see the bodies but it could have been closed for public. JMO.

Dammit!! Time to review my theory lol. Great point regarding cars.

I believe the term being discussed here on WS was simply "cartel", not specifically "Mexican cartel". jmo

Not to beat a dead horse, but it is simply a style of business arrangement.

"A group of independent producers or sellers in a particular industry, or a group of businesses with a common interest, who have joined together to reduce competition between themselves by allocating markets, sharing knowledge, or controlling the price and production of a product or service. See also monopoly and oligopoly."

SOURCE: Webster's New World Law Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/cartel#K8P9xAvFCR5LAde5.99

Also: noun
The definition of a cartel is an arrangement between people who will benefit from the arrangement, often in an illegal way.

a .An example of a cartel is a group of manufacturers who have gotten together to regulate production and fix prices.

b .An example of a cartel is a group of drug dealers who control a certain territory.

that's it. I'm done.

Possibly, yes. It depends a lot on the energy involved and the type of bullet. They would also be able to link ejected shell casings to a particular weapon, supposing the killers had left them.

I don't recall what newspaper, but when the funeral director spoke for an interview, I got the impression that they were all open casket.

Cincinnati Enquirer

6 caskets, 36 pallbearers and a funeral director's tears

Scott Davis will fuss over them, one by one, before the Rhoden family arrives.

He will straighten a tie, push a stray hair away from a face, adjust hands. He will run a lint roller over the clothing one last time. Then he will pat the chest, ever so gently. And move on to the next casket.

And the next. And the next.

Davis and his wife, Leichia, have spent nearly a week with six of the eight victims of the Rhoden family slaying. It is their job to make sure the living are able to grieve and say goodbye before the bodies are lowered into graves just seven miles down the road.

"I will look at every detail, from head to toe; from socks to boots to shoes,'' he says at the Roger W. Davis Funeral Home, which his dad started 52 years ago here in West Portsmouth.

"The last time they saw them, they were alive," Davis says. "We can't make them look like that. But we can, and we will, make them look as nice as possible."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...irector-thought-had-seen-everything/83813838/

An open casket service is not explicitly stated, but one could infer that from what was written.

I'm taking an uncertain position on this issue.

My immediate family deplored open casket services, so we did not have them for my parents.

Still, the funeral home director (who knew us all personally) took great care with preparation. I opted to see my mother privately one last time in her casket; my sister opted not to.

Possibly a closed casket service for the six Rhodens; possibly an open casket service.

Anyhoo...there's the link for the article being referenced.

Cincinnati Enquirer

6 caskets, 36 pallbearers and a funeral director's tears

An open casket service is not explicitly stated, but one could infer that from what was written.

I'm taking an uncertain position on this issue.

My immediate family deplored open casket services, so we did not have them for my parents.

Still, the funeral home director (who knew us all personally) took great care with preparation. I opted to see my mother privately one last time in her casket; my sister opted not to.

Possibly a closed casket service for the six Rhodens; possibly an open casket service.

Anyhoo...there's the link for the article being referenced.
Thank you.

I believe the term being discussed here on WS was simply "cartel", not specifically "Mexican cartel". jmo

Not to beat a dead horse, but it is simply a style of business arrangement.

"A group of independent producers or sellers in a particular industry, or a group of businesses with a common interest, who have joined together to reduce competition between themselves by allocating markets, sharing knowledge, or controlling the price and production of a product or service. See also monopoly and oligopoly."

SOURCE: Webster's New World Law Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Also: noun
The definition of a cartel is an arrangement between people who will benefit from the arrangement, often in an illegal way.

a .An example of a cartel is a group of manufacturers who have gotten together to regulate production and fix prices.

b .An example of a cartel is a group of drug dealers who control a certain territory.

that's it. I'm done.

Or a drug trafficking organization (DTO) since the c word seems to offend.

DTO's come in all manners of shapes, sizes, color, etc.

Haven't ruled out a DTO, myself. Haven't ruled out much of anything.

Or a drug trafficking organization (DTO) since the c word seems to offend.

DTO's come in all manners of shapes, sizes, color, etc.

Haven't ruled out a DTO, myself. Haven't ruled out much of anything.

I don't think we can really definitively rule out anything given the information we have.

:welcome5: Thanks for joining the conversation. You are not alone. Quite a few others have expressed similar thoughts on the whole cartel/organized crime theory.

Yes. But please don't mention that word again. It'll bring back the craziness. It's finally died down!

Things did get a little heated a few days back over this theory didn't they? I think members can and will discuss a bit more calmly now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME