OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
question: each bullet casing is it's own piece of evidence, correct? i.e. - if there were 35 casings that would be considered as 35 pieces of evidence? just checking.

I don't think any POI's have been named by police in the Hobby Howard murder case. Some person posted the arrest of 2 people on some website, but I am not sure if that is reliable. In any case there does not seem to be any newspaper article reporting it. I wonder if the police report of this murder is available. It might tell us if there are similarities. I am not even sure if it is officially known how he died, but I think it may be a gunshot wound.

Just found this on Howard case

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/attach/136/136181_2011-0777 -RFI.pdf

If the Howard case was a gunshot

The Newsomes was gunshot

The Rhodens gunshot

Is there testing that LE can do to tell if the same bullets were used? Or do they just say similar. I can't remember exactly

I think in the arias case LE said the bullet came from a certain kind of gun just can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The barrel of the gun that the bullet exits from has a pattern if you will, rifling, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifling Grooves are cut in a spiral pattern which help to propel the bullet out the barrel. Like finger prints they are different, most bullets, (that I am aware of) are able to be matched to the weapon, (if they find it) if all the bullets were fired from the same weapon they (LE) should/would be able to see/know that. As I said before if all the bullets were fired from the same weapon, (not implying one person there) LE has known that for weeks. jmo idk

:welcome5: Thanks for joining the conversation. You are not alone. Quite a few others have expressed similar thoughts on the whole cartel/organized crime theory.

Things did get a little heated a few days back over this theory didn't they? I think members can and will discuss a bit more calmly now ;)

It is my understanding that CR1 just bought the property DR lived on about a month before the murders. That means she probably had just lived there a couple of weeks. Whoever killed these people had intimate knowledge of their movements.

question: each bullet casing is it's own piece of evidence, correct? i.e. - if there were 35 casings that would be considered as 35 pieces of evidence? just checking.

Almost certainly, unless they were found in like a ziplock bag or something. Each one would have had its own photographs etc of where it was found. If for no other reason than they wouldn't be able to tell in the field if all casings came from the same weapon.

It is my understanding that CR1 just bought the property DR lived on about a month before the murders. That means she probably had just lived there a couple of weeks. Whoever killed these people had intimate knowledge of their movements.

Yes, just a few weeks before...

so if LE had 100 pieces of evidence collected, 35 of those could just be bullets, or casings? (I just pulled those numbers out of thin air.)

Yes, but how they had intimate knowledge is very much up for debate. Could be well known to the family, could have done research on them.

I just watched part of a derby race online that was held in Greenup this weekend.

The cars look nothing like the demos I have been to yrs ago. They almost look homemade with lots of welding going on.

Has it been confirmed that the "Luke" DS mentioned is KR's son? I don't remember it being said it was, only a mention of a relative DS mentioned as Luke.

so if LE had 100 pieces of evidence collected, 35 of those could just be bullets, or casings? (I just pulled those numbers out of thin air.)

Yep. It could also have been 35 casings and 35 bullets (through and through shots- bullet laying on the bed). Could have been 35 casings and 65 bullet fragments laying on the bed. Or could have been zero of either. Welcome to the land of speculation.:thinking: We've been in this land for over two weeks with no end in sight.

Does anyone else find the idea that there's a Mexican cartel connection absurd? The Ohio AG's statement that other grow operations had “suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel,” apparently because "tents ... were stocked with food including tortillas, rice and Mexican canned beans" seems like a real leap to me. I'm guessing that the Rhoden murders are the result of some personal vendetta.

[I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm messing up the timeline by injecting this comment.]
I don't find it very likely at all, but I'd not say that it's "absurd" at all.

Has it been confirmed that the "Luke" DS mentioned is KR's son? I don't remember it being said it was, only a mention of a relative DS mentioned as Luke.

Not confirmed that I know, I assumed because KR had a son Luke and he was the one with DS

In this article it mentions payment as being 1000.00 and a bag of pot. Anyone else find it weird that 1000.00 was the amount strewn on KR and pot was also found at the scenes?.

I find that pretty weird also, how would he (DS) know it was $1,000.00, he said dollar bills. IMO, Daily Mail embellished the story quite a bit as they normally do. MOO.

If the Howard case was a gunshot

The Newsomes was gunshot

The Rhodens gunshot

Is there testing that LE can do to tell if the same bullets were used? Or do they just say similar. I can't remember exactly

I think in the arias case LE said the bullet came from a certain kind of gun just can't remember.

Yes they can tell if the bullets came from the same gun, unless someone has intentionally altered the inside of the barrel. It's pretty much like a fingerprint, when a bullet comes out of the guns barrel, any scratches, etc on the inside of the barrel will show up on the casing of the bullet. This would be true in the case of a "handgun", but not a shotgun.

I don't think it was to get info or to torture or anything like that. I don't think the other members were killed because CR1 wouldn't give info. That going door to door and killing to extract info from CR1 just doesn't work for me. Most of us on here are parents, so I think if someone said to you "If you don't tell me what I want to know I am going next door and kill your son" you would tell them everything plus some. Then once they got that info they would just kill you and whoever was in the house with you and then leave. They wouldn't need to go next door and kill the son. Or down the road and kill the ex-wife and kids. Or 6 miles away and kill the brother. The number of houses and the number of cars is just so over the top. The being beaten up to extract info doesn't work for me either. All they had to do was threaten his son and he would have spilled everything ( I base this on being a parent myself and knowing nothing is more important than your child.) I think that beating came because CR1 and GR were either awake or woken up and tried to fight back. These people didn't just calmly sit down and let them kill them. If they were fighting back it would also explain the number of gunshot wounds. I base this on the fact that when people are shot (especially when driven by fear or anger) they don't just fall down like in the movies. They keep on coming and it usually takes more than one shot to kill them unless you hit them in the head and remember a moving target who is fighting you would be extremely hard to hit in the head. Just sayin'

---------------

The thing is, if you genuinely haven't got what they want then you cannot roll over and give it to them .... and so they continue with the torture and threats, hoping to eventually crack it .... !! And you aren't going to be able to keep coming if you are shot in the knees ... Of course, we are all speculating and letting our minds run wild because we just don't have enough info !!

Not confirmed that I know, I assumed because KR had a son Luke and he was the one with DS

I don't think it has been either, so for me I don't feel comfortable saying it. Hell, look at how many Kenny's there are in the family. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME