OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the source for this info? I read somewhere that 15 County Sheriffs and 300 Deputy Sheriffs from 40 counties plus 3 LE helicopters were involved in the initial investigation...

With your perspective as far as lifestyle, what is your theory on what happened?
I really wish I could give you my speculation on what I think, but my brain is baffled. I just know that I've live like these people.

On the subject of the cars being towed. They are likely checking the Vins to see if any were stolen. Or possibly used in committing other crimes. A car can be dismantled and sold for scrap in hours.
A car can be reported stolen for insurance purposes or to get out of the payments. A small scrap yard in the boonies can make them disappear.
Ohio has strict laws about selling car parts and using them to fix cars. If LE finds out you bought car parts from an unauthorized business, they will remove those parts and destroy them. This was to
cut down on chop shops. They may also be checking if there are legal auto titles for all of them. And, of course, checking for other possible evidence.

On LE saying it was a large grow operation. The indoor part may have just been for seedlings. The large part may have been in the woods. That would not require a very sophisticated indoor operation.

Anyone have the source for this info? I read somewhere that 15 County Sheriffs and 300 Deputy Sheriffs from 40 counties plus 3 LE helicopters were involved in the initial investigation...

I just read that this morning. I did a search for "rhoden family ohio". You should be able to find it with that term.

I found out my step son was stealing stereos and other stuff out of the cars at my husband's place of work, for meth and who knows whatever, they don't give a hell what they do to someone for a next high. It's not really relevant in this case but it shows what idiots are capable.

Especially with meth, all they care about is that next high. We had a few tweakers that were stealing the bronze military grave markers from cemeteries and trying to sell them for scrap.

Where did you read it? I haven't heard any of those numbers quoted, but it seems like it could be close. As far as being "involved in the investigation" I would be shocked if 300 deputies were involved in anything other than securing crime scenes and doing road patrols in Pike County.

Did you see the helicopters somewhere?

On the subject of the cars being towed. They are likely checking the Vins to see if any were stolen. Or possibly used in committing other crimes. A car can be dismantled and sold for scrap in hours.
A car can be reported stolen for insurance purposes or to get out of the payments. A small scrap yard in the boonies can make them disappear.
Ohio has strict laws about selling car parts and using them to fix cars. If LE finds out you bought car parts from an unauthorized business, they will remove those parts and destroy them. This was to
cut down on chop shops. They may also be checking if there are legal auto titles for all of them. And, of course, checking for other possible evidence.

On LE saying it was a large grow operation. The indoor part may have just been for seedlings. The large part may have been in the woods. That would not require a very sophisticated indoor operation.

That's one thing I was searching for this morning. The difference between a large grow and a "commercial" operation. Words used early on. I mean, I guess you could assume from quantity if it was commercial or not. Maybe scales, bags, whatever tools of the trade you would need? I just see based on weights (grams) the charges and penalties vary.

Where did you read it? I haven't heard any of those numbers quoted, but it seems like it could be close. As far as being "involved in the investigation" I would be shocked if 300 deputies were involved in anything other than securing crime scenes and doing road patrols in Pike County.

Lemme see if I can find it again ...

“There have been over 100 personnel involved in this investigation, five search warrants were executed and four crime scenes were worked,” DeWine said
http://www.wlwt.com/news/community-...mbers-as-search-for-killer-continues/39189042

This was on day 3 or 4.

"Ohio and Pike County authorities are leading the investigation, with help from some two dozen other agencies including other county sheriffs. The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration are also offering assistance."

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/26/autopsy...eton-murders-79-pieces-of-evidence-collected/

-------

To date, more than 215 law enforcement officials have contributed to the investigation. From the Attorney General's Office this includes: special agents, analysts, prosecutors, and laboratory personnel. This also includes authorities from the Pike County Sheriff's Office, Pike County Prosecutor's Office, Pike County and Hamilton County coroner's offices, and additional manpower from 23 sheriff's offices and other law enforcement agencies, including significant assistance from the Piketon Police Department. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) are also providing limited assistance on an as-needed basis.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...-2016/UPDATE-Pike-County-Murder-Investigation

Until you figure out who was the target, this will be tough to crack. Through forensics, you may come closer to figuring out what happened before you determine why. Could be knowing the what may take you to the why. In this case it is just slow going because there are multiple victims, multiple locations, multiple theories, only a bracket of time, probably no security cam imagery, some alleged secondary criminal activity, and likely some contaminated crime scenes. Was the target the first one down, or the last? Is it the person with the most GSWs or the fewest. Is it the posed dual decedents or the mother sleeping with her newborn child? Were there multiple primary targets and then the rest collateral? Once the target is identified, the rest of it will fall into place.

“There have been over 100 personnel involved in this investigation, five search warrants were executed and four crime scenes were worked,” DeWine said
http://www.wlwt.com/news/community-...mbers-as-search-for-killer-continues/39189042

This was on day 3 or 4.

"Ohio and Pike County authorities are leading the investigation, with help from some two dozen other agencies including other county sheriffs. The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration are also offering assistance."

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/26/autopsy...eton-murders-79-pieces-of-evidence-collected/

-------

To date, more than 215 law enforcement officials have contributed to the investigation. From the Attorney General's Office this includes: special agents, analysts, prosecutors, and laboratory personnel. This also includes authorities from the Pike County Sheriff's Office, Pike County Prosecutor's Office, Pike County and Hamilton County coroner's offices, and additional manpower from 23 sheriff's offices and other law enforcement agencies, including significant assistance from the Piketon Police Department. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) are also providing limited assistance on an as-needed basis.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...-2016/UPDATE-Pike-County-Murder-Investigation

Digging through some older news reports I came across an article stating "people in hazmat suits" when it was clearly crime scene investigators in coveralls- no masks- walking into a trailer. Also, a guy from the Cincinnati Enquirer tweeted about "SWAT" along with a video of the crime scene trucks and minivans the investigators were in. Two more examples of the completely terrible journalism we're growing so accustomed to.

1) not known - reports have been vague (meaning open to interpretation - up for speculation)

His youngest, Bobby Jo Manley, found her sister dead when she went to feed the family’s dogs and chickens around 7 a.m. http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...enge-hearts-pike-county-family-says/83525104/

2) Different people find different things odd. I personally do not find it odd that she was tasked with feeding animals. Maybe she got fresh eggs, maybe some of the animals were hers. :idontknow: but some DO find it odd and that is fine.

3) and 4) Not certain but cousin Donald Stone's statements seem to imply that work happened on vehicles at the property that Kenny was staying on. And that he was concerned when nobody had heard from him and went to that property expecting to find Kenny working on cars.

“When I didn’t hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

“It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.” http://www.ijreview.com/2016/04/593...-had-something-disturbing-strewn-at-his-feet/

5) I agree, animals are individuals, what one dog would do another would not. It has never been confirmed that any dogs are missing. I believe that is rumor or assumption that has grown legs. We know for a fact that Leonard Manley was shocked people had gotten by the dogs at Dana's place (implies they were still there when bodies discovered) and Donald Stone stated LE needed him to control dog at Kenny's (confirming dog still present)

You won't find theories and speculation confirmed via links. Only supported by them.

5. Having a pack of dogs myself, I was trying to figure out how someone got past KR's dog also. I know he lived in a trailer and what I got from what DS said was the dog was in the trailer with him. I also got the impression that KR was lying in bed, knowing that fifth wheels usually have the bed in the upper part, and based on DS saying he looked up and saw him. That would make it impossible for someone to break in without at least waking him up, assuming he was asleep. I finally came to the conclusion that whoever it was must have already been in the trailer, as in staying the night, or visiting. But he also could have been lying on the couch or floor as you have to step up to enter a trailer. In that case someone could have just knocked on his door and pretended to be lost. So little info in this case, but my feeling is the reason LE is staying tight lipped is because this is a small community where everyone knows everyone else and even a tiny hint would let everyone there know who they were looking at.

Does anyone else find the idea that there's a Mexican cartel connection absurd? The Ohio AG's statement that other grow operations had “suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel,” apparently because "tents ... were stocked with food including tortillas, rice and Mexican canned beans" seems like a real leap to me. I'm guessing that the Rhoden murders are the result of some personal vendetta.

[I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm messing up the timeline by injecting this comment.]
I am way late but my mama taught me good old southern manners [emoji5] so welcome [emoji112]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

The thread is slowing down, so let's play a little game.

Other than the obvious who and why, what is the one question you would like to see answered? Here's mine:

Where was Chris Sr. when this all started. Was he staying at Dana's trailer or was he at the 4077 trailer or somewhere else?

How many cars did they tow from the scene and why.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/slideshows/2016/04/25/0425-piketon-slideshow.html

2nd image - "Piketon residents Jiles Looney and Jeffery "Jake" Conschfsky talk to Butler County helicopter pilot Michael Armocida who flew in commanders from the Butler County Sheriff office to the football field behind the old Piketon High School"

Similarly from 4-26:

The Brodess brothers, 79-year-old Jim and 71-year-old Dave, sat on Dave's front porch on SealStreet Monday afternoon and watched as a helicopter from the Butler County Sheriff's Office landedon the Piketon High School football field a few hundred yards away.

The chopper carried law-enforcement commanders, more out-of-town cavalry arriving to help Readerwith perhaps the largest investigation of its kind that anyone in Ohio law-enforcement has seen:Eight members of one family killed at four locations and no shooter (or shooters) arrested.

http://m.timesreporter.com/article/20160425/NEWS/304259974/10971/NEWS

Not difficult for me to imagine 3 or more LE helicopters used to transport personnel as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton