OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that a rogue cop could have done this, especially one with the motivation to leave town in a hurry.

I found something that happened in the father's past that may be the reason the daughters did not want their share of the land (speculation on my part).

Yes, and I too think that is why the girls have distanced themselves.

Where is this place? I live in Greensboro lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I can't remember exactly, but off 85, I think. Between Greensboro and high point? I'm checking with a friend! Lol

It was his father's land that was deeded to all 8 of his kids at his death. There are several parcels that make up the 50+ acres at 799 Left Fork. The sisters (I can't imagine why ;)) wanted nothing to do with their 1/8 share of the land from their father and basically gave their shares to the 4 sons of Clarence and so the Christopher et al was formed. Two of the sisters gave their shares ONLY to CR1 for some reason. Thus leaving CR1 the majority owner.

I have pointed out the family division before because CR and KR stayed with their dad and took care of dad when their parents got divorced. The other two brothers went with their mom and still take care of their mom. In my opinion that's one reason for jealousy and one possible theory of what could have happened. Take out CR and KR and they probably thought the property was theirs and they got what they felt like they deserved. However if that was the case, I don't think they realized the grandchildren would get CR1 shares of the property. Also I could see some jealousy between the siblings of each of the families. The two brothers children (not CR and KR children) could feel like they deserve more of the property or family "businesses". Just possibilities. I definitely don't think the siblings were united and the 4 sisters have sort of separated themselves from the brothers. I kind of find it interesting that the sisters aren't really ever mentioned. Some moved away.
Your observations match mine, except , I would go one tiny step further...
The children, (A certain two in particular) of those siblings,particularly the ones that refer to Frankie and Chris Jr. as their best friends, areand were quite different from their "favorite cousins"... Grief is a strange thing,everyone handles it differently. Narcissism is a strange thing also, however, it never really changes, no matter how disguised. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have quite a bit of reading to catch up on here. When I first read about this case, I thought it would be another murder/suicide or family involvement. Figured that LE would have a suspect in custody quickly. However, it sounds like it's turning out to be a very perplexing case with no shortage of motives or potential suspects.

I still haven't had a chance to look myself but have followed the convo about the land from the beginning. Chris alone at 1-2 acres a lot is really not a lot of land. Rural land isn't worth as much as say business land in town. 5acres in a rural area could equal what one pays for a small lot in a subdivision. The 50 acres isn't really a lot either. It is a lot but it's not in the wealthy bracket. It's quite common when a person dies that some heirs have zero interest in the land and some want to hold on for sentimental reasons. It's possible the boys gave the girls money in exchange for thier shares. Or if dad had other things of value like vehicles or such they traded those things out. Some of that stuff wouldn't neccasarily be recorded. For instance we had a old family property that consisted of a couple hundred acres. All my great aunts and uncles and grandma wanted to keep it but one wanted it sold because he wanted money. So the only option was for one that could afford it to buy his share out. Another example my half brother and sisters dad died, he left his house half to them and half to his wife. They signed their shares over to her because she still had 2 minors living at home. She did give my brother his dad's boat and tried to give my sister a car but she wouldn't take it. So it's possible there is really nothing sinister there. If I recall correctly one of the brothers not KR or CR was a manager at the lake where CR worked sometimes. I'm not so sure they were all estranged as much as they probably just married and had kids and some were closer than others.

There is something that bothers me about BJMs 911 call. Actually 2 things. 1. During the call someone in the background say's "don't (unintelligible)" and she replies "I won't". Don't what? Don't tell the 911 operator about something? If so,what? 2. During the call when she is gasping for breath and the 911 operator is urging her to calm down she say's "I just walked (went) to the mailbox.' Correct me if I am wrong but it seems odd that you find your bill dead (whom we assume you are close to since you see him everyday in the course of feeding his animals) with the (blank) beat out of him and blood everywhere, and the first thing you do BEFORE calling 911, is go check the mail. At a very fast clip I might add judging from her gasping for air in the call. Any thoughts on this anyone? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what was so important coming in the mail and if that was the real reason for her early morning visit and what that don't, I won't business was about.

I still haven't had a chance to look myself but have followed the convo about the land from the beginning. Chris alone at 1-2 acres a lot is really not a lot of land. Rural land isn't worth as much as say business land in town. 5acres in a rural area could equal what one pays for a small lot in a subdivision. The 50 acres isn't really a lot either. It is a lot but it's not in the wealthy bracket. It's quite common when a person dies that some heirs have zero interest in the land and some want to hold on for sentimental reasons. It's possible the boys gave the girls money in exchange for thier shares. Or if dad had other things of value like vehicles or such they traded those things out. Some of that stuff wouldn't neccasarily be recorded. For instance we had a old family property that consisted of a couple hundred acres. All my great aunts and uncles and grandma wanted to keep it but one wanted it sold because he wanted money. So the only option was for one that could afford it to buy his share out. Another example my half brother and sisters dad died, he left his house half to them and half to his wife. They signed their shares over to her because she still had 2 minors living at home. She did give my brother his dad's boat and tried to give my sister a car but she wouldn't take it. So it's possible there is really nothing sinister there. If I recall correctly one of the brothers not KR or CR was a manager at the lake where CR worked sometimes. I'm not so sure they were all estranged as much as they probably just married and had kids and some were closer than others.

My mom actually went thru a similar scenario, too. Neither of her siblings gave or sold their shares to the rest, but they were forced to make a compromise. My grandpa was a tobacco farmer and left his farm land to his three children when he died. My aunt wanted to sell the land and my uncle wanted to keep it. My mom didn't care either way. They ultimately sold a portion of it but kept the land surrounding his house. It still caused a some resentment between my aunt and uncle though... as they still don't speak to each other unless they have to. But nothing major.

My grandpa solely inherited the farm when his dad died, and he had 11 brothers and sisters. But he was the only child who chose to stay and help his dad w/ the farm instead of going off to college, so he left the whole thing to him. A few of his siblings were really upset about that, and some of them never spoke to him again.

It's crazy sad when people let money and resentment destroy their family.

There is something that bothers me about BJMs 911 call. Actually 2 things. 1. During the call someone in the background say's "don't (unintelligible)" and she replies "I won't". Don't what? Don't tell the 911 operator about something? If so,what? 2. During the call when she is gasping for breath and the 911 operator is urging her to calm down she say's "I just walked (went) to the mailbox.' Correct me if I am wrong but it seems odd that you find your bill dead (whom we assume you are close to since you see him everyday in the course of feeding his animals) with the (blank) beat out of him and blood everywhere, and the first thing you do BEFORE calling 911, is go check the mail. At a very fast clip I might add judging from her gasping for air in the call. Any thoughts on this anyone? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what was so important coming in the mail and if that was the real reason for her early morning visit and what that don't, I won't business was about.

I think she meant she was checking the mailbox right then (and the reason she was out of breath) so she could give the exact house number to the 911 operator.

ETA: and I think she might have said "hold on" instead of "I won't". I think she was trying to tell the operator to hold on because she had to walk to the mailbox to give her the exact address.

She said let me walk to the mailbox in response to being asked the address.

It wasn't to check the mail. She didn't have the address memorized so she went to the mailbox to get it. Lol

My mom actually went thru a similar scenario, too. Neither of her siblings gave or sold their shares to the rest, but they were forced to make a compromise. My grandpa was a tobacco farmer and left his farm land to his three children when he died. My aunt wanted to sell the land and my uncle wanted to keep it. My mom didn't care either way. They ultimately sold a portion of it but kept the land surrounding his house. It still caused a some resentment between my aunt and uncle though... as they still don't speak to each other unless they have to. But nothing major.

My grandpa solely inherited the farm when his dad died, and he had 11 brothers and sisters. But he was the only child who chose to stay and help his dad w/ the farm instead of going off to college, so he left the whole thing to him. A few of his siblings were really upset about that, and some of them never spoke to him again.

It's crazy sad when people let money and resentment destroy their family.

And pretty common in those kind of situations.

It wasn't to check the mail. She didn't have the address memorized so she went to the mailbox to get it. Lol
I thought she lived at that address at one time?
Even if she didn't, I am having a hard time understanding her not knowing the address where she fed and watered dogs and chickens.
I am curious to find out what the mailbox looked like.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Even if she didn't, I am having a hard time understanding her not knowing the address where she fed and watered dogs and chickens.
Moo

I've been to my parents house hundreds of times and still don't know their address. I just know how to get there.

Moo

It's not that odd. She may have just used the address before but not actually lived there. I go to a friends house almost daily, couldn't tell you what her address is.

I've been to my parents house hundreds of times and still don't know their address. I just know how to get there.
I am the same way with my mother in law's address. I can never remember for sure. In an emergency, I would have to ask and if no one was alive, I would have to go to the box.
It may be nothing, I am not why I feel like it is deceptive.
Moo

Just my very own opinion of course, but i think if there is any kind of Message being sent by this terrible action..
The Message is as likely to be for the law enforcers of the area, as it is to be for the poor family caught up in it.
More likely, i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member