OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many of them! But, being from Kentucky myself, those hand me down names are certainly popular. I shouldn't be surprised!

Thanks VicVixvi.

I was aware there were multiply Kenneth Rhoden's. I thought I had the correct one. There is a photo on the link & I thought it looked like him?

I need to go yo he eye doctor:eek:

Yes, it's really confusing, especially as both have the middle name of Wayne. The KR from South Shores was 37 when this incident happened. That would make him 41 today. The KR that was killed was 44. That's the only way I can keep them separate them in court records is to go by their age. Also, as far as I know, the KR that was murdered never lived in KY. His address has consistently been a Pike County address in all of his dealings with LE.

[video=youtube;DuIxUnk8gmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIxUnk8gmo[/video]

They might be quiet now, but most information is close to the beginning, so I just relistened to the press conference Apr 24th, if anyone else wanted to listen.

Apr 24, 2016
Attorney General Mike DeWine and Sheriff Charles Reader held a news conference.

Preplanned, methodical, premeditated, thought this out, and carried it out.

I believe since they don't even have POI made public, it might take these people making a mistake, commit another crime, confess to someone, someone tell what they know for the reward, or to get off on their own charges.

Who would have "hired" them to take out a whole family. Seems like that would have been costly. JMO

I tend to agree, mostly. I would imagine hiring it done would be costly in most cases, but what if the perp(s) stood to take over the profits and any other benefits that the Rhoden family MAY have been getting prior to their murders? Maybe someone who stood to benefit so largely wouldn't be "paid" in the traditional sense. I'm not saying this based on any one theory or my own opinions. Just musing.

Motive: Revenge vs Robbery
After looking over many articles and postings about this case, I would lean more towards revenge.

It's because the way the crime scenes were described it seems so much more personal like whoever done this was straight up pissed off more than anything. Like this was done to send a message, imo.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

There are so many of them! But, being from Kentucky myself, those hand me down names are certainly popular. I shouldn't be surprised!

Usually there are names that everyone is aware of and who are best left alone or suspected if something bad is going on.

I don't sense that in this case but maybe because there are so many of them?

We can say that Hanna R was found in bed as she was found with her newborn. According to BJM's news interview we know that she saw her 6 m.o. nephew in bed and your <cousin(?)> MURDERED and covered in blood, so I am under the assumption that Frankie was found in bed. Kenneth was found in bed per DS.

CRsr & GR were found on the floor in the rear bedroom.

JM went in and saw Dana laying there and backed out (according to LM (?)) so I am under the assumption that she was perhaps in the living room, because if she was in bed JM would have likely had to pass the other bedrooms to get to the master (but JMO..).

We can not say for Chris jr. other than the AG talking about seeing his bedroom, and of course the SM rumor, and we also have not heard any position for HHG,

"Hanna Rhoden was in bed with her newborn baby nearby, authorities said. The infant was 4- or 5-days old. "

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-ohio-family-killings-20160424-story.html

That's how "we know"...

Thank you! I find this interesting because this article states otherwise.

DeWine had his initial look at a scene first discovered by Bobby Jo Manley the morning of April 22. She made the initial 911 call after she came upon the bodies of Chris Rhoden, Sr., Frankie Rhoden and Hanna Gilley.

Bobby Jo Manley's older brother James Manley came upon the body of his sister, Dana Rhoden, before backing out of the trailer where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden Jr. were, a family member said.

Later, the body of Kenneth Rhoden was found fourth scene few miles away from the initial discovery on Left Fork Road.

Authorities have yet to release where Hanna Rhoden and Chris Rhoden, Jr. were found, but members of the family provided knowledge of the Rhoden family's living arrangements in the three residences of the property.

This man once got punched out by Pike County victim, and now mourns him
Keith BieryGolick, kbierygolick@enquirer.com 2:50 p.m. EDT April 27, 2016

In rechecking the above link, I notice that
Keith BieryGolick, kbierygolick@enquirer.com 3:37 p.m. EDT April 29, 2016
and this link no longer reads the same as earlier. Yet, I don't recall any "official" release of the their body locations. So I'm wondering if MSM is simply going by information provided by the family, the family's eyewitness testimonies or rather officially released information that I have missed.

BBM

After looking over many articles and postings about this case, I would lean more towards revenge.

It's because the way the crime scenes were described it seems so much more personal like whoever done this was straight up pissed off more than anything. Like this was done to send a message, imo.

Yes, but isn't revenge a personal thing?

Why would they be sending a message?

Heck, I dunno?

This would have been Gary Rhoden's brother, not the Kenneth Rhoden that was murdered. This is also the KR that reported being "followed by a car" on the Saturday following the murders.

Thanks VicVixvi and to you too Estella,

I was aware there were multiply Kenneth Rhoden's. I thought I had the correct one. There is a photo on the link & I thought it looked like him?I deleted my post.AND I was amazed to see there were 4 people named Kenneth Rhoden.

My excuse is'"I never was very good at finding 'Waldo''
:blushing:

I need to go yo he eye doctor:eek:

Something seems amiss with the ages, KR was 44 at the time of his death (according to his obituary) so in 2012 (date of arrest in article) he would have been 40. Yet the article says this KR is 37. Are we sure this was the correct KR?
Your absolutely correct.I knew there were multiply Kenneth Rhoden's but I thought the picture in the link was him. So,VicVixvi's post explains it was GaryRhoden's brother Kenneth Roden in the 2012 article.

Something seems amiss with the ages, KR was 44 at the time of his death (according to his obituary) so in 2012 (date of arrest in article) he would have been 40. Yet the article says this KR is 37. Are we sure this was the correct KR?

I was wrong! Sorry! I was corrected earlier in the thread. I apologize for the confusion. I had my Kenneth Rhoden's confused!

Could you make it mandatory that we all do this... It is Mother's day weekend, I've got a house to clean,food to prep,and laundry...
And I find myself literally having to hide my phone so as not to check in on this...[emoji33]
I am obsessed also, and it keeps going through my head, that family must literally be going through hell on earth...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Off topic, but wait! Are you a mother? If so why are you doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc.? [emoji12]

I think they've gotten better over time, but they're still not on par with a house. I'm from the country myself, and actually lived in a trailer when my husband and I first got married..and two of the mobile homes shown in those news clips look to be in worse shape than the one I lived in was. And let me tell you...it was in ROUGH shape. Every time I took a shower I could feel the tub bowing beneath my feet. There are days I miss things being simpler like that...until I remember that stupid bathtub! One thing that does make them at least a tad sturdier is to actually set them on a legitimate brick foundation.

I've also watched several of the Flipagrams and looked at social media posts a LOT, and you can tell by the background shots of some of the victims that these were older homes. I think DR's had been built onto at some point, which is fairly common around here as well. About fifteen minutes away from me there is a home that is made of two trailers built in TOGETHER. When I drive by there, I always wonder what they use the second kitchen for....

Off topic (again) but right off the highway near Greensboro, NC, is an entire compound of mobile homes put together. Like a labyrinth. I too have wondered what they do with the extra kitchens and how many people live there. My dream is to have a tour of the place. I'm obsessed with it. And this case.

I believe since they don't even have POI made public, it might take these people making a mistake, commit another crime, confess to someone, someone tell what they know for the reward, or to get off on their own charges.
I would venture to guess that the authorities have a very good idea who done it....even if they haven't said they have a POI in mind. If they don't have an idea of who done it, they at least know what the motives were, or what "group" they need to be focused on. By "group" I mean, local ****s, Mexican cartel, Something involving their local car biz, or something involving the marijuana grow ops, etc.....whatever "group" you want to include here.

Off topic (again) but right off the highway near Greensboro, NC, is an entire compound of mobile homes put together. Like a labyrinth. I too have wondered what they do with the extra kitchens and how many people live there. My dream is to have a tour of the place. I'm obsessed with it. And this case.
Where is this place? I live in Greensboro lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, but isn't revenge a personal thing?

Why would they be sending a message?

Heck, I dunno?
True, the murderer(s) might be angry over something that happened involving individuals in the family - they feel slighted or ripped off so they killed to let everyone else know they're not to be screwed around with? JMO.

I would venture to guess that the authorities have a very good idea who done it....even if they haven't said they have a POI in mind. If they don't have an idea of who done it, they at least know what the motives were, or what "group" they need to be focused on. By "group" I mean, local ****s, Mexican cartel, Something involving their local car biz, or something involving the marijuana grow ops, etc.....whatever "group" you want to include here.

I tend to think you're probably right. But it's also discouraging to think about because that would also mean they are having trouble turning those ideas into arrests.

I don't know which is worse--the idea that LE knows who did it but can't find sufficient evidence to prove it or the idea that LE doesn't have a clue at all. Either scenario is equally horrifying.

I have a question: Has LE ever released any of the search warrants to the media, I've seen this in other crime cases, where you can read them online.

I tend to think you're probably right. But it's also discouraging to think about because that would also mean they are having trouble turning those ideas into arrests.

I don't know which is worse--the idea that LE knows who did it but can't find sufficient evidence to prove it or the idea that LE doesn't have a clue at all. Either scenario is equally horrifying.

As my grandmother used to say (while throwing her hands in the air), "I swear, it's things like this that make my brain feel like it has gone plumb wonky."

I am inclined to agree with her where this case is concerned!

I was wrong! Sorry! I was corrected earlier in the thread. I apologize for the confusion. I had my Kenneth Rhoden's confused!

If you notice, I deleted my post. Sometimes I read the threads backwards and then realize someone had already posted the same thing as I did, that's what happened here. No harm, no foul. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298